How do you feel about the Center position?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:45 am    Post subject:

Quote:

It is what it is. I'll take being in salary cap hell if it means we have a dynasty like the Warriors. If the goal is to win multiple rings with this core then that comes with the territory.

So the dynasty would start with WCS and not someone like KD, Kawhi, Middleton, etc?

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:11 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

It is what it is. I'll take being in salary cap hell if it means we have a dynasty like the Warriors. If the goal is to win multiple rings with this core then that comes with the territory.

So the dynasty would start with WCS and not someone like KD, Kawhi, Middleton, etc?

The path to the ring goes through Willie Cauley Stein. Always has, always will.
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:26 am    Post subject:

MO VVVWWAGNER

He is going to be the back up we need. He’s going to show surprising defensive skills (like he did in sl before he got hurt) and space the floor. He might even start by second half of season. Devon book it
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:35 am    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
MO VVVWWAGNER

He is going to be the back up we need. He’s going to show surprising defensive skills (like he did in sl before he got hurt) and space the floor. He might even start by second half of season. Devon book it

AND A ROOKIE WILL SAVE THEM...
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

My point went over your head. Getting a quality backup C this yr is necessary for us to make a deep playoff run. Trading for WCS this year would not preclude us from signing Kawhi or KD next summer. That 2nd round pick you covet so much is not doing anything for us at all.

Last edited by The Juggernaut on Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

My point went over your head. Trading for WCS this year would not preclude us from signing Kawhi or KD next summer. That 2nd round pick you covet so much is not doing anything for us at all.

It would actually. His cap hold would make signing a 2019 max FA impossible.

Remember Jules as a 7th pick in 2014 had a nearly 12m cap hold.

WCS was a 6th pick so his cap hold is bigger.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:56 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

My point went over your head. Trading for WCS this year would not preclude us from signing Kawhi or KD next summer. That 2nd round pick you covet so much is not doing anything for us at all.

No, you can renounce his rights or give him a QO.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:48 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

So you're going to renounce his rights, and sign a max FA?

He's going to take a 5-6m/year deal? Unlikely.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

So you're going to renounce his rights, and sign a max FA?

He's going to take a 5-6m/year deal? Unlikely.

Yes. That is worth a 2nd round risk.

We need a rebounding defensive backup 5 this season or we will be smoked by teams on the glass and in the paint when Javale is sitting. Koufos is an expiring too, SAC might be more willing to part with him.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject:

Quote:

We need a rebounding defensive backup 5 this season or we will be smoked by teams on the glass and in the paint when Javale is sitting. Koufos is an expiring too, SAC might be more willing to part with him.

I doubt the team will burn a 2nd rounder for a rental.

Doubt that WCS will take a 5m/year deal after being renounced.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:00 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Yall are over valuing 2nd rounders. Using one for a rental is a great move. We still have our 1st rounders.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:04 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Yall are over valuing 2nd rounders. Using one for a rental is a great move. We still have our 1st rounders.

We have been COLLECTING assets in trades over the years (JC/Nance out and we get cap space + 1st; same with Lou Will).

What are you offering for WCS? Doubt a 2nd rounder is enough (let alone the other problems I listed).
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

We have been COLLECTING assets in trades over the years (JC/Nance out and we get cap space + 1st; same with Lou Will).

What are you offering for WCS? Doubt a 2nd rounder is enough (let alone the other problems I listed).

Collecting assets ended the day Lebron signed. I guarantee he will be clamoring for the FO to make a move for a backup 5 at some point in the season when teams keep eating us up on the glass/paint.

Sac may not give up WCS. I'd offer a 2nd for Koufos. Clears their log jam at PF/C and they add an asset for a guy they'd let walk anyway.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:09 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Collecting assets ended the day Lebron signed. I guarantee he will be clamoring for the FO to make a move for a backup 5 at some point in the season when teams keep eating us up on the glass/paint.

Sac may not give up WCS. I'd offer a 2nd for Koufos. Clears their log jam at PF/C and they add an asset for a guy they'd let walk anyway.

So what would you offer for WCS? Hart? Kuz?

I don't think Sacto is giving him up for peanuts, nor would they take someone like Lance or Beez. You need the salaries to match and the guys we have (on 12/15/18) aren't the type of players Sacto is looking for.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

I don't think Sacto is giving him up for peanuts, nor would they take someone like Lance or Beez. You need the salaries to match and the guys we have (on 12/15/18) aren't the type of players Sacto is looking for.

I think Sac would be willing to accept a 2nd rounder + salary match for Koufos. Lance and Beas aren't locker room problems and expiring. Sac isnt competing. Low risk move.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

I think Sac would be willing to accept a 2nd rounder + salary match for Koufos. Lance and Beas aren't locker room problems and expiring. Sac isnt competing. Low risk move.

Yeah I don't see us having trouble trading those guys after 12/15. At worst those guys can be waived. We see it all the time. I would hate to get Koufos if we had to surrender a 2nd tho. Seems like that caliber of player would be obtainable through a buyout. Not saying Sacramento would be this dumb (or would they?), but we see decent RFAs get traded for peanuts. So I am hopeful for a 2nd for WCS even if its a rental. But we get at least two months to see how our center rotation really fares. I'm confident we can solve our center issues by the end of the season either naturally or with some minor moves.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Koufus is more attainable than WCS. In fact I read somewhere they wanted to salary dump him somewhere.

But WCS, if all it took was a 2nd rounder to get him it would have been done IMO.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Koufus is more attainable than WCS. In fact I read somewhere they wanted to salary dump him somewhere.

But WCS, if all it took was a 2nd rounder to get him it would have been done IMO.

I don't see Sac interested in moving WCS now. Maybe around the trade deadline. If they really wanted to move him I think he would only fetch a 2nd rounder like with the rumors with Randle. I don't think Koufos has any value so we should not give up a 2nd round pick for him. If I could do a straight up trade like Lance for Koufos, I would do it. Not sure if it would even work CBA-wise and if Sac would even want to do it. Maybe around the trade deadline a team that sorely needs wing depth with a surplus of bigs could work something out with us.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:16 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

WCS is a weird one. The Kings have been talking about trading him for years. And now WCS is talking loudly about wanting to get paid. No idea what's going to happen with that guy.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

WCS is a weird one. The Kings have been talking about trading him for years. And now WCS is talking loudly about wanting to get paid. No idea what's going to happen with that guy.

Yup and he thinks he's worth a lot of $. BTW anyone surprised Nance got paid more than Randle? I did.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:49 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
activeverb wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yup and he thinks he's worth a lot of $. BTW anyone surprised Nance got paid more than Randle? I did.

It's a clever contract because they are giving him more money upfront when they don't have anything better to use it on, and then goes down in value when they want to spend. Most players wouldn't want to put a ceiling on their value, but Nance is looking at it from a more realistic angle.

Doubt Julius would have done that but who knows.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:02 pm    Post subject:

I'd be pretty satisfied with Koufus.

Last edited by Judah on Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
King Randle wrote:
activeverb wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

It's a clever contract because they are giving him more money upfront when they don't have anything better to use it on, and then goes down in value when they want to spend. Most players wouldn't want to put a ceiling on their value, but Nance is looking at it from a more realistic angle.

Doubt Julius would have done that but who knows.

That contract will be a bargain in a few years due to the predicted cap jumps.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:

1 thing that SAC has a history of doing is collecting bigs who either don’t pan out or are in a bad situation..

I don’t even need to list the long list of solid bigs the Kings have had in recent years only to still be bad as a team because of there incompetent franchise...
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Judah wrote:

1 thing that SAC has a history of doing is collecting bigs who either don’t pan out or are in a bad situation..

I don’t even need to list the long list of solid bigs the Kings have had in recent years only to still be bad as a team because of there incompetent franchise...

Vlade still has PTSD from being assaulted by Shaq so many times. He needs as many Scot Pollard's as he can get.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 24 of 37
Jump to: