Official 2018 NBA Draft Class Thread - Who is your ROY??
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do you think will win 2018-19 NBA ROY
Ayton
30%
 30%  [ 6 ]
Doncic
40%
 40%  [ 8 ]
Young
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Bagley
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sexton
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Knox
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Miles Bridges
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Gilgeous-Alexander
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Svi
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Other
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 20

Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject:

A Twitter thread on some De'Anthony Melton solidness: https://twitter.com/frontofficeeye/status/1049791221940531200

I am so annoyed he is a Sun. That dumb of a franchise doesn't deserve such a smart player.
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:15 pm    Post subject:

Trae Young with 22 points, including the game winner: https://twitter.com/HawksOnFSSE/status/1050201793919995905
Aeneas Hunter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Ayton. He's basically the only scorer on the team until Booker comes back, and even then, Booker/Ayton PnR is legit.

Doncic has to distribute a lot more and for whatever reason, I don't think he'll get as much national attention. Mavs are just more loaded.

My reasoning is slightly different, but the result is the same. I have a feeling that the Suns are going to be a "surprise" team this year. I doubt that they will make the playoffs, but I won't be surprised if they win 35ish games. That is the sort of narrative that would make Ayton the RoY. Meanwhile, I don't think that the Mavs will be more than a 25-30 win team. For that reason, I don't think that Doncic will get as much national attention.
ozzie
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject:

OTHER....Harry Giles
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject:

My dude Kenrich Williams goes from undrafted to making the Pelicans 15-man roster. It may take him a few years, but dude is eventually going to sneak up on the league like Joe Ingles.

https://twitter.com/DXContent/status/1052010449733148672
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject:

ozzie wrote:
OTHER....Harry Giles

He's a definite dark horse, but he might get lost in the Kings odd frontcourt shuffle early in the season when rookie impressions seem to get set in stone.

But he's a fun, skilled player and a real building block for Sacto (health permitting). Check this fun pass: https://twitter.com/jackfrank_jjf/status/1051567130578104320
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:52 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Ayton. He's basically the only scorer on the team until Booker comes back, and even then, Booker/Ayton PnR is legit.

Doncic has to distribute a lot more and for whatever reason, I don't think he'll get as much national attention. Mavs are just more loaded.

Ayton seems like a likely 19-10 guy out of the gate, but I expect the Suns to be one of the bottom five teams in the NBA while the Mavs could be a sneaky contender for the 8th seed. So Doncic could get a winning team bump even if his numbers are conventionally more pedestrian than Ayton's.

is that a thing? Usually the ROY is purely box score driven. I recall last year there was an article that broke down stats and illustrated the rookie that simply had the most Points+Rebounds+Assists had won the award almost every year except a handful in the last 20-30 years.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: