Which 5 Lakers are on the floor at the end of games this year?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
2019 wrote:
LeBron is 100%
BI is 100%

After that... who knows. Will be two of Lonzo, Hart, Kuzma, Rondo

IMO the best final shot of the game lineup: LeBron, Kuzma, Ingram, Hart, KCP.

Your Lonzo disrespect...

Aside from Svi, those are our best shooters and if we need one final shot, as I stated, those are easily the 5 I would take.

Now, maybe Lonzo would inbound the ball in a half court setting but that's the extent of it.... for now.
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:11 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
Roon wrote:
Lebron-Ingram-Lonzo

Then its just matchups/hotness after that.

until Lonzo proves to be more consistent at his shooting I dont see him as a shoo in closer.

I have Hart as a more safe bet to be a regular closer

I'm good with Hart closing as well, but Lonzo is either the second or third best basketball player on this team. He needs to be on the court as much as his body/health will allow.

Health permitting, Lonzo will prove his value this season.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:51 am    Post subject:

It really depends on the SCORE..

If the Lakers are up by 20:
Wagner, Stephenson, Beasley, Hart & Kuz will be fine

If it is a tight game:
LeBron, McGee, Ball, KCP and Ingram (their best defenders)
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:09 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
2019 wrote:
LeBron is 100%
BI is 100%

IMO the best final shot of the game lineup: LeBron, Kuzma, Ingram, Hart, KCP.

Your Lonzo disrespect...

Aside from Svi, those are our best shooters and if we need one final shot, as I stated, those are easily the 5 I would take.

Now, maybe Lonzo would inbound the ball in a half court setting but that's the extent of it.... for now.

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:11 am    Post subject:

Walton
Simon
Mermuys
Madsen
Shaw

So much basketball iq.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject:

Ball
Lance
Lebron
Kuz
McGee (if we need a rebound)
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:

If it is a tight game:

Good to see that you included a rebounder in your lineup, that often gets overlooked.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject:

A great coach would make that decision based off of Matchups.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject:

LeBron, Ingram, Kuzma, Rondo, KCP
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject:

ReaListik wrote:

finally. everyone assuming Lonzo is a shoo in. Not if they start hack a zo-ing. WHoever said Hart, might be more accurate.

THere would not be a consistent end game lineup, it would all depend on the situation. I think Zo's ft troubles are a big deal and can't see him in there if they start intentionally fouling and its a 1-pt game or something. I can see Beasly replacing someone there if they need scoring, half those guys are brick machines (kuz, rondo, lbj to a degree but they would never keep him out).

THe problem is on defense all these guys are fantastic. SO if i were coach i'd be switching multiple players in and out as the poessisions change as much as possible because we don't have many great at D AND great at offense guys. No timeouts used until the last 5 minutes!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Rondo is not fantastic on defense. Lonzo is already light years ahead of him.

Plus, in end game scenarios, you would want switchable defenders and Lonzo has that over spades against Rondo.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:50 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

If it is a tight game:

Good to see that you included a rebounder in your lineup, that often gets overlooked.

It's nice to know that my expertise in being an arm-chair analyzer doesn't go unnoticed...! thanks
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:43 am    Post subject:

LBJ, Kuz, McGee, BI, and I hope Lonzo because if he's not means he wasn't really worth being picked at number 2 overall and i don't want Magic to be wrong

Just don't see it with his weak scoring ability, FT's, and even partially his stamina issues, (and you need all those to be solid as a starting PG on a playoff level team)

Logic is telling me it will be Rondo, would like it to be Lonzo, cause that will mean he's got his issues fixed.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:06 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
I think Lonzo has to be there for his defense; Hart and KCP for their shooting. So it comes down to Ingram, Kuzma or McGee.

Great thread, btw.

Ummm, where is Lebron?
Mraznpimphard
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:34 am    Post subject:

Balanced team starting five:
Mcgee, ingram, bron, kcp, lonzo

Bench:
Kuzma, beasley, lance, hart, rondo

Defense 5 small ball:
Bron, ingram, lance, lonzo, hart

Defense 5 big:
Mcgee, kuzma, bron, ingram, lonzo

Lights out scoring:
Kuzma, bron, ingram, hart, svi

Ball handlers 5:
Bron, ingram, lonzo, rondo, lance

Knucklehead lineup:
Mcgee, lance, rondo, beasley, kuzma

Final minute close game lineup:
Bron, ingram, rondo, lonzo, kuzma
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject:

Lebron is obviously 100%

Right now, Ingram is the only one that has put himself in the 100% category.

Eventually, Lonzo will join him in that 100% category.

The other two spots will almost always come down to the matchup but I can see Hart, Kuzma, KCP getting the opportunities more then other guys.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
I think Lonzo has to be there for his defense; Hart and KCP for their shooting. So it comes down to Ingram, Kuzma or McGee.

Great thread, btw.

If you think Lonzo, Hart and KCP are in for sure but Ingram isn't then frankly, you haven't been keeping up with the Lakers.

Is this what you hope or are we predicting what the coaching staff and FO have shown us? Cause otherwise this makes no sense.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

Great thread, btw.

If you think Lonzo, Hart and KCP are in for sure but Ingram isn't then frankly, you haven't been keeping up with the Lakers.

Is this what you hope or are we predicting what the coaching staff and FO have shown us? Cause otherwise this makes no sense.

It's what makes the best sense from a basketball perspective. SVG basically said the same thing for the same reasons when it was brought up, although he had the final spot between Lonzo and Ingram. What Luke will decide is up in the air. It's not like not starting, which is a total ego trip. I seriously doubt though the FO is going to micro manage his in-game decisions down to the minute like you seem to believe.

Last edited by greenfrog on Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

Great thread, btw.

Ummm, where is Lebron?

I thought that part was obvious...
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

Great thread, btw.

It's what makes the best sense from a basketball perspective. SVG basically said the same thing for the same reasons when it was brought up, although he had the final spot between Lonzo and Ingram. What Luke will decide is up in the air. It's not like not starting, which is a total ego trip. I seriously doubt though the FO is going to micro manage his in-game decisions down to the minute like you seem to believe.

I don't think the FO is going to micro manage his in game decisions, I think Luke values Ingram just as high as them. The only guy to not be benched last year in the 4th out of the whole team is Brandon Ingram, the only guy. Luke was on record saying "Ingram is taking his first steps towards becoming an all star".

Ingram this off season has been the only player next Bron and Javale who has been starting 100% of the games even though Kuzma probably deserved a shot. Ingram is leading us in minutes (yes it's probably going to be Lebron), and he's top 2 in shot attempts.

I just don't see why people think our second best scorer at this point, a guy that can make an effect on the defensive attempt, a guy that can score and playmaker will be on the bench for Josh Hart and an inconsistent shooter like KCP.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I've seen nothing from Luke or watching these games that shows me anyone but Lebron gets the benefit of the doubt over Ingram.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

Great thread, btw.

I don't think the FO is going to micro manage his in game decisions, I think Luke values Ingram just as high as them. The only guy to not be benched last year in the 4th out of the whole team is Brandon Ingram, the only guy. Luke was on record saying "Ingram is taking his first steps towards becoming an all star".

Ingram this off season has been the only player next Bron and Javale who has been starting 100% of the games even though Kuzma probably deserved a shot. Ingram is leading us in minutes (yes it's probably going to be Lebron), and he's top 2 in shot attempts.

I just don't see why people think our second best scorer at this point, a guy that can make an effect on the defensive attempt, a guy that can score and playmaker will be on the bench for Josh Hart and an inconsistent shooter like KCP.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I've seen nothing from Luke or watching these games that shows me anyone but Lebron gets the benefit of the doubt over Ingram.

Because outside shooting with Lebron doing the majority of the ball handling is more far important than having another iso player/playmaker on the floor. I think that's conventional wisdom at his point, frankly.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

Great thread, btw.

Because outside shooting with Lebron doing the majority of the ball handling is more far important than having another iso player/playmaker on the floor. I think that's conventional wisdom at his point, frankly.

Seems like your opinion more then conventional wisdom, frankly. Just look at the way this team is designed and look at the offense being run.

You bring up SVG's opinion like it means something but ignore everything that our (bleep) own head coach has shown. So far, everything points to Ingram finishing games 90% of the time unless he has a terrible game. We'll see if your theories come out to be true
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:35 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
LeBron is 100%
BI is 100%

Yeah Lebron and BI will be in at the end. Everyone else will be dictated by matchups/situations.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

Great thread, btw.

Seems like your opinion more then conventional wisdom, frankly. Just look at the way this team is designed and look at the offense being run.

You bring up SVG's opinion like it means something but ignore everything that our (bleep) own head coach has shown. So far, everything points to Ingram finishing games 90% of the time unless he has a terrible game. We'll see if your theories come out to be true

We've barely had a look at it, tbh. Lebron's only selled out in one game so far, and Ingram did not look comfortable for whatever reason.

Let's not forget Luke's job is on the line, basically. There's far more pressure on him now for his team to perform rather than develop and nurture players' psyches. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think he'll be more cold-hearted and analytical approaching questions like this.
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:59 am    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
ReaListik wrote:

finally. everyone assuming Lonzo is a shoo in. Not if they start hack a zo-ing. WHoever said Hart, might be more accurate.

THere would not be a consistent end game lineup, it would all depend on the situation. I think Zo's ft troubles are a big deal and can't see him in there if they start intentionally fouling and its a 1-pt game or something. I can see Beasly replacing someone there if they need scoring, half those guys are brick machines (kuz, rondo, lbj to a degree but they would never keep him out).

THe problem is on defense all these guys are fantastic. SO if i were coach i'd be switching multiple players in and out as the poessisions change as much as possible because we don't have many great at D AND great at offense guys. No timeouts used until the last 5 minutes!

Neither Kuzma, KCP or Rondo are fantastic on defense. Lonzo is a better defender than all of them.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: