LAKERS -at- BLAZERS – 10-18-18 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject:

Winning in Portland is always difficult. LBJ's 1st game with a new team is always a loss. We couldn't shoot the 3 nor defend the 3. Stauskas has a career night.

I hope LBJ is ready for the fast paced tempo. With a head of steam, he is virtually unstoppable, but that's going to be hard to maintain for 35 minutes a game. In the halfcourt, his impact decreases, especially when the Lakers are shooting perimeter blanks, but that will get better with time. Very impressed with his leadership on the floor.

Rondo is even better than advertised. His command of the game is startling in comparison to Lonzo's. It'll be interesting to see if Lonzo gets the starting role back.

Hart showed the type of development we need from the Youngsters. He's fearless, can finish through traffic and contact, and makes his 3s.

Kuz is better at the 3/4 than the 4/5.
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:06 am    Post subject:

Some players just don't fit in this Walton scheme, i.e Beasley, Stephenson. There's also not enough inside presence (boy do we miss Randle) and not enough 3pt shooting. Going to the rim is not going to work night after night. I like the pace but you need to have someone you can kick it out to for 3s.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject:

Klone_dd wrote:

Rondo is even better than advertised. His command of the game is startling in comparison to Lonzo's. It'll be interesting to see if Lonzo gets the starting role back.

I think ultimately it's Lonzo's D that will put him in the starting lineup. And to some extent Rondo's ability to run an offense that the second unit will need help with.
10scott10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Guys just need to start hitting 3s. We don't need to be an elite three point shooting team, we just need to not be horrific. They can generate a ton of easy layups, but this system still needs some amount of threes to get hit to work properly.
Vencal
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Good News from the game:
--Rondo looked really good. I was surprised his shooting looks improved in addition to his top level playmaking and BB IQ as expected.
--Ingram was assertive on offense at times.
--Hart looks ready to be starter and all around contributor.
--McGee was hustle and production, when in the game.
--Lebron is still Lebron.

Bad News from the game:
--Caldwell-Pope can still disappear completely so you don’t know he is even in the game.
--As most of us expected, Lakers have no back-up center and a defective plan for the back-up spot; McGee’s play time is limited and Lakers were killed by mediocre Blazer bigmen when he was out.
--As most of us expected, 3 point shooting and free throws will always be an issue with this group.
--Was left questioning what was pre-season used for? No rotation or line-up cohesion, some players playing together essentially for the first and not in preseason games, no new offense or defense schemes at all. I am a Luke fan and iffy roster configuration is not his fault, but I am left wondering sometimes what he actually does?
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Good points Vencal ^

I was wondering, did it seem to anyone else, without looking at the box score, that Portland out shot the Laks? When I looked after the game I was surprised this was not true. I suspect, because this was about as big a game as I can recall since back in the day, that I watched with more heart than head.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Vencal wrote:
Good News from the game:
--Rondo looked really good. I was surprised his shooting looks improved in addition to his top level playmaking and BB IQ as expected.
--Ingram was assertive on offense at times.
--Hart looks ready to be starter and all around contributor.
--McGee was hustle and production, when in the game.
--Lebron is still Lebron.

Bad News from the game:
--Caldwell-Pope can still disappear completely so you don’t know he is even in the game.
--As most of us expected, Lakers have no back-up center and a defective plan for the back-up spot; McGee’s play time is limited and Lakers were killed by mediocre Blazer bigmen when he was out.
--As most of us expected, 3 point shooting and free throws will always be an issue with this group.
--Was left questioning what was pre-season used for? No rotation or line-up cohesion, some players playing together essentially for the first and not in preseason games, no new offense or defense schemes at all. I am a Luke fan and iffy roster configuration is not his fault, but I am left wondering sometimes what he actually does?

You are Correct

The reason we los that game is Kuzz at center we need a big ASAP, not for points only to rebound and protect the Rim.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: