*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Houston Rockets (10/20/18 - Gm#2) ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 63, 64, 65  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject:

At least in theory, KCP may be a better fit for the starting lineup because he's a spot up shooter and fast break finisher. Hart likes to create his own shot and attack the rim, which is what we need when Lebron is on the bench.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
At least in theory, KCP may be a better fit for the starting lineup because he's a spot up shooter and fast break finisher. Hart likes to create his own shot and attack the rim, which is what we need when Lebron is on the bench.

KCP also is more suited to help us in close games, KCP helped us in a lot of our close games last year, Hart still doesn’t have the experience yet to help us consistently in close games.. I trust KCP to make a big shot he’s had experience doing it.
NotHype
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:47 pm    Post subject:

Lakers95 wrote:
I'll be in attendance for this one. So stoked!! Go Lakers!!!

Please be loud. We are notorious for having the worst crowd in the league. So much hype surrounding LeBron’s debut the last thing we need is the typical lazy LA Laker crowd to spoil it. Which wouldn’t surprise me.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:03 pm    Post subject:

NotHype wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:

Please be loud. We are notorious for having the worst crowd in the league. So much hype surrounding LeBron’s debut the last thing we need is the typical lazy LA Laker crowd to spoil it. Which wouldn’t surprise me.

What? Since when? Staples can get as loud as any in the league, especially during the playoffs. But even during the tanking years when the team would win meaningless games the crowd still got surprisingly loud when the team played inspired ball. Staples isn't anywhere close to being the worst crowd in the league. That's a very weird statement to make since, as a fan, I'm sure you watch most of the games.

Go rewatch some of those home playoff games from the last championship era. Staples was electric. Always has been.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject:

NotHype wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:

Amazing how loud the G7 crowd was against Portland in the 2000 WCF, i think it was the loudest I have seen in a Laker game... hopefully we have a similar atmosphere from our fans in our games this year.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:09 pm    Post subject:

Ryan1973 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Ryan1973 wrote:
chantruong wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Dave McMenamin
ESPN Staff Writer

Luke Walton says he will go with the same starting lineup he used against Portland when the Lakers host Houston on Saturday: Rajon Rondo, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, LeBron James, Brandon Ingram and JaVale McGee.

NBA 32m

KCP got something on Luke man...

KCP has no business starting ahead of Josh Hart. This reminds me of the beginning of last year when Luke refused to start Randle.

if KCP finds his groove again he is a better fit in the starting line, he can do things better that Hart can’t do yet..

What can he do better than Hart? Hart is an all around better player and has much more upside than KCP.
at this point ...... nothing.
NotHype
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:14 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
NotHype wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:

What? Since when? Staples can get as loud as any in the league, especially during the playoffs. But even during the tanking years when the team would win meaningless games the crowd still got surprisingly loud when the team played inspired ball. Staples isn't anywhere close to being the worst crowd in the league. That's a very weird statement to make since, as a fan, I'm sure you watch most of the games.

Go rewatch some of those home playoff games from the last championship era. Staples was electric. Always has been.

Staples is loud once in a blue moon. Even during our championship years with Kobe&Pau we were consistently outperformed by the other team’s home crowd in the playoffs. If you attempt to dispute this I’m calling clear homerism.
Our crowd hasn’t been good since the Shaq era realistically speaking. Last season I can think of maybe two games where the crowd was alive, Kobe’s jersey retirement and the game when Murray came back to Staples. Big games at home against top teams like Boston and Philly, crowd is nonexistent. Pretty pathetic if you ask me. Especially when we go to their arenas and watch a real basketball environment.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject:

You can call me a homer. I call you deaf. Make sure you don't watch the game on mute tonight. That could be a factor for you as well.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:21 pm    Post subject:

NotHype wrote:
Judah wrote:
NotHype wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:

Staples is loud once in a blue moon. Even during our championship years with Kobe&Pau we were consistently outperformed by the other team’s home crowd in the playoffs. If you attempt to dispute this I’m calling clear homerism.
Our crowd hasn’t been good since the Shaq era realistically speaking. Last season I can think of maybe two games where the crowd was alive, Kobe’s jersey retirement and the game when Murray came back to Staples. Big games at home against top teams like Boston and Philly, crowd is nonexistent. Pretty pathetic if you ask me. Especially when we go to their arenas and watch a real basketball environment.

That’s because Staples Center is more Hollywood these days for celebrities to show off when the camera is on then, we never had any problems with how passionate fans were in Great Western forum.
NotHype
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
You can call me a homer. I call you deaf. Make sure you don't watch the game on mute tonight. That could be a factor for you as well.

Well my home theater surround system must not be working properly. I watch all Laker games as well as many other games of other teams throughout the course of an NBA season and our crowd seems to be a lot quieter than others. With a few exceptions of a handful of teams that don’t even fill half the arena.
NotHype
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
NotHype wrote:
Judah wrote:
NotHype wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:

That’s because Staples Center is more Hollywood these days for celebrities to show off when the camera is on then, we never had any problems with how passionate fans were in Great Western forum.

It’s unfortunate that the greatest NBA franchise has a lousy crowd.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:33 pm    Post subject:

NotHype wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
NotHype wrote:
Judah wrote:
NotHype wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:

Blame it on the ticket prices.. not all of us can afford thousands of dollars to sit in a comfortable seat, that’s why the arena is filled with celebrities they can afford them that’s why sometimes I wish we benefited the fans like the Clippers do with there fan base, Clipper games are very loud sometimes cause most of them are real fans cheering for the team.
NotHype
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:37 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
NotHype wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
NotHype wrote:
Judah wrote:
NotHype wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:

Blame it on the ticket prices.. not all of us can afford thousands of dollars to sit in a comfortable seat, that’s why the arena is filled with celebrities they can afford them that’s why sometimes I wish we benefited the fans like the Clippers do with there fan base.

I can’t blame it completely on ticket prices. The Knicks’ prices are higher than ours, they always suck, and their crowd is consistently much more engaged than ours.

But you are correct as it is obvious our home atmosphere is suffering from the pretentious Hollywood folks who are too cool to cheer for a team at a sporting event.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:40 pm    Post subject:

Never expected some intellectually lazy LA crowd bashing in an LG.com game thread. Should've lowered my expectations, I guess.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject:

ESPN is outside Staples Center???

http://buffstreamz.com/watch/nba.php

mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:21 pm    Post subject:

So psyched this season has started
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject:

LET'S GO LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:32 pm    Post subject:

I'm taking my talents to LA!
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Staples Center is LIT tonight!!

LET'S GO LAKERS!!
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:36 pm    Post subject:

10 minutes till tipoff!!!
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Shaq in Vegas at the Golden Knights game cranking the siren
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:42 pm    Post subject:

I'm over the national anthem. We can do better.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:44 pm    Post subject:

D’Antoni booed.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

Run The Jewels!
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

ESPN treating this like game 7 of the NBA finals.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 63, 64, 65  Next
Page 3 of 65
Jump to: