Did T-Mac try to steal the spot light from Kobe?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LoveLA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Did T-Mac try to steal the spot light from Kobe?

I was watching hight light on NBA TV last night. KOBE basically brought the WEST back 120-120... (bleep) T-MAC coming down the lane jack up a dumb shot. If it was Kobe with the ball, it is probably different.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject:

no way? are you serious
LkrsOvrMia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: Did T-Mac try to steal the spot light from Kobe?

LoveLA wrote:
I was watching hight light on NBA TV last night. KOBE basically brought the WEST back 120-120... (bleep) T-MAC coming down the lane jack up a dumb shot. If it was Kobe with the ball, it is probably different.

Steal? Stole nothing.

It was pretty apparent the Western Conference All-Stars made an honest effort to set up T-Mac. All frickin' night I must add.

This is a ridiculous claim.

Go Kobe! Go Lakers!!

Go Lakers!
mrdectown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject:

NO kobe gave him the show
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
MyKRo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject:

The West gameplan was to get TMac the MVP.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject:

Kobe made more effort to set up T-Mac than anyone else from what I saw.

Kobe had a couple breaks he could have finished, went to T-Mac in particular,
and he hit T-Mac with a couple lobs where it was obvious Kobe seeked him
out.

Kobe had more assists ( 8 ) than any player on either team.

But of course ESPN purposefully avoids discussing that.

Last edited by sodapoppenski on Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject:

MyKRo wrote:

You know, that was good sportsmanship and all by the rest of the West team (trying to give T-Mac a special moment to help get him through his personal "crisis"), but I couldn't help but think....no one tried to get Kobe the MVP when he was going through his Colorado "crisis." The fact that Kobe tried harder than anyone to get the ball to T-Mac when no one did the same for him when he was playing while facing life in prison speaks volume to his character, and to the lack of character of some of the other guys...
LakeLakeLake
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject:

Tony Montana wrote:
MyKRo wrote:

You know, that was good sportsmanship and all by the rest of the West team (trying to give T-Mac a special moment to help get him through his personal "crisis"), but I couldn't help but think....no one tried to get Kobe the MVP when he was going through his Colorado "crisis." The fact that Kobe tried harder than anyone to get the ball to T-Mac when no one did the same for him when he was playing while facing life in prison speaks volume to his character, and to the lack of character of some of the other guys...

Different story. The game was in Houston and TMac is playing for which team? Do you see the pattern?
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:16 am    Post subject:

Yeah, it seemed like Kobe made it a point to make T-Mac MVP. He made 6 assist to T-Mac, and only scored when the play was drawn up for him.
Luke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject:

The irony : in order to be the MVP , Tmac should have asked Kobe to take the last shot
minervafilms
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject:

Tony Montana wrote:
no one tried to get Kobe the MVP when he was going through his Colorado "crisis."

You're kidding, right? I suggest immediate therapy if you can't see the difference between somebody having family problems and someone being indicted for rape.
Money$hot!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: Did T-Mac try to steal the spot light from Kobe?

LoveLA wrote:

Therapy and meds... Kobe isn't in love with you, don't be with him.
drzucchini
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject:

LakeLakeLake wrote:
Tony Montana wrote:
MyKRo wrote:

Different story. The game was in Houston and TMac is playing for which team? Do you see the pattern?

Same story. The 2004 game was in L.A., and Kobe was playing for what team? Do you see the pattern? :roll:
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: Did T-Mac try to steal the spot light from Kobe?

LoveLA wrote:

spoken like a true kobe hom...ahh forget it.
LakerLegend
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject:

LakeLakeLake wrote:
Tony Montana wrote:
MyKRo wrote:

Exactly. The game is in Houston, so the MVP was going to go to either Yao or TMac
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject:

drzucchini wrote:
LakeLakeLake wrote:
Tony Montana wrote:
MyKRo wrote:

Same story. The 2004 game was in L.A., and Kobe was playing for what team? Do you see the pattern? :roll:

Don't forget who won the MVP that year and who was setting him up to win it.
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
drzucchini wrote:
LakeLakeLake wrote:
Tony Montana wrote:
MyKRo wrote:

Shaq won it.
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
drzucchini wrote:
LakeLakeLake wrote:
Tony Montana wrote:
MyKRo wrote:

Shaq won it.
teej
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:18 am    Post subject:

Kobe set him up.
George W Buss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:26 am    Post subject:

Kobe was showing a glimpse of the Lakers' future dynamic duo
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:55 am    Post subject:

minervafilms wrote:
Tony Montana wrote:
no one tried to get Kobe the MVP when he was going through his Colorado "crisis."

You're kidding, right? I suggest immediate therapy if you can't see the difference between somebody having family problems and someone being indicted for rape.

I agree you can't compare the situations but what he is saying is that how the teammates of the player in the "home team" always set it up so the "home player" can get the MVP. While Shaq did win it they didn't bother to do the Co-MVP thing here. Even though Kobe has done it for T-Mac and others but the roles were reversed they didn't do the same for him(regardless of the "problems" involved)

Kind of shows a double standard personally I don't care but I can see why someone would notice such a thing.
Marty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:58 am    Post subject:

George W Buss wrote:
Kobe was showing a glimpse of the Lakers' future dynamic duo

If that's the case, the future doesn't seem right. No disrespect to T-Mac but I'd prefer him feeding Kobe, not the other way around. Most importantly, like everyone else, I want Kobe holding the ball in the dying seconds of the game.
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject:

MyKRo wrote:
Yep, and that's why they lost the game, and that's why the game was boring as hell. I was actually rooting for the east at the end, I was so disgusted...up until kobe hit that shot, that is...Kobe, your fans watch the all star game to see you do stuff, too! Very disappointed. btw, I'm glad that whiner tmac didn't get the mvp. after his complaints all weekend about not even wanting to play, and then his shameless advertising that he was going to win the mvp, just rubbed me the wrong way. At least Lebron deserved the mvp.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject:

No, everyone was making a concerted effort to get T-mac the MVP.
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject:

What a topic !!!

Kobe was so unselfish that he wanted his buddy Tmac to get the MVP
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: