2019 LA Dodgers Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 246, 247, 248  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:42 am    Post subject:

How many years does Kershaw have left before he's gotta hang em up? 3 at the most?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Urias is throwing 98? Holy f'ing crap!

Ken Gurnick

Verified account

@kengurnick
7m
7 minutes ago

More
Julio Urias struck out three in two innings and was clocked as high as 98 mph, but he also allowed a solo homer to Evan Longoria.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:23 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

Ken Gurnick

Verified account

@kengurnick
7m
7 minutes ago

More
Julio Urias struck out three in two innings and was clocked as high as 98 mph, but he also allowed a solo homer to Evan Longoria.

Holy crap good or Holy crap bad?
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:32 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

Ken Gurnick

Verified account

@kengurnick
7m
7 minutes ago

More

He was throwing 97 (actually stated as 94-97, which means 97) his first time out. Sad that the Dodgers have so many pitchers that must be handled gingerly, that two have yet to pitch in a game this spring, one will have a blister problem any day, another who has only pitched a little over 200 innings his last three years, and another, who is bringing it, has an innings limitation. These are professionals, so I assume they know far more than I, but it just seems the more these guys are handled with kid gloves, the more they need to be, or said another way, the more often they get hurt.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:05 pm    Post subject:

I think looking at guys like Koufax and Fernando and how they were worked to death changed how pitchers were taken care of. But we seem to getting to a point of over-correction which actually limits the player's ability to have quality outings rather than increasing it.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Urias' velocity late last year was around 93, as I recall, maybe touching 94 at times. If he's sitting in the mid-90's now and touching 97-98, I mean, it's a fantastic sign for the recovery of his shoulder, now a couple of years removed from his surgery.

They still have to be VERY careful with him, though. I would not waste his bullets until later in the season They can get through the regular season without him imo, so I wouldn't turn him loose for a while.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:20 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if we could get Dallas K. Not sure of the Dodgers cap space but he’s a solid pitcher and a move from AL to NL, from the Astros bandbox to Chavez, could work wonders. Considering what Honeycutt did with a wood, Dallas could have lots of success. His stuff is trending away from what the league is about but the numbers are good and it looks like he hasn’t been signed because Boras has misplayed his market.

4 years for 80?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:42 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
I wonder if we could get Dallas K. Not sure of the Dodgers cap space but he’s a solid pitcher and a move from AL to NL, from the Astros bandbox to Chavez, could work wonders. Considering what Honeycutt did with a wood, Dallas could have lots of success. His stuff is trending away from what the league is about but the numbers are good and it looks like he hasn’t been signed because Boras has misplayed his market.

4 years for 80?

I think he's more of a #3/4 starter type, and we have that plenty covered. Just don't think it would be money well spent. As I said above about Urias, I think we can get through the regular season just fine. Keuchel is really no better of a bet than Rich Hill to pitch a good postseason game and, in fact, I'd rather have Hill.

If we're going to make a move in the rotation, I think it needs to be for a true top-of-the-rotation guy. Such a guy doesn't exist in free agency, and there aren't many available on the trade market in a given year. If the Mets have another disappointing year, perhaps they will actually listen hard on both deGrom and Syndergaard, or possibly even Wheeler if he is having another great year. If the Indians struggle, who knows, you could see Kluber or Bauer dangled. At this point, I'm guessing that is how the Dodgers are going to play it; wait until the season unfolds and re-assess the trade market during the year.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:48 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:

4 years for 80?

fwiw, the "rumor" for the reason the Reds and others backed off Keuchel early was because there were red flags all over his medicals.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:53 am    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:
ribeye wrote:
I know it is early and we have an extremely small sample size, but Joc is going to need a least one single base hit during the spring if he wants significant playing time when the gates open.

He's well below the Mendoza line; hell, he is not even up to the Mini Me line right now.

Another Friedman blunder, supposedly Joc was on his way out with prospects to Detroit for their stud right fielder. At any rate our 3 best deserving starting OFers should be Belli, Pollock and Verdugo.

Joc hit another HR yesterday, so he has two. He still has not had a single, or a double or a triple, but let's not be all negative, he raised his average to .100. Who says there is too much emphasis on launch angle???
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:16 am    Post subject:

Kershaw threw a bullpen today. All fastballs, but I saw a snippet of him throwing a pitch and he looked pretty good. Just hoping he comes out of that with no setbacks.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:34 am    Post subject:

Another update on Urias: he started yesterday and went 3 scoreless innings. He touched 96 in the first inning and apparently was holding back, as the team doesn't want him to exert himself too much.

The velocity here is such a remarkably encouraging thing.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:29 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Kershaw threw a bullpen today. All fastballs, but I saw a snippet of him throwing a pitch and he looked pretty good. Just hoping he comes out of that with no setbacks.

How's velo looking? His major goal this offseason was to get his fastball back on track. Personally, i don't think he needs to get back to the good ol' days of hitting 94 and 95 with ease. But we need at least 92mph...
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

How's velo looking? His major goal this offseason was to get his fastball back on track. Personally, i don't think he needs to get back to the good ol' days of hitting 94 and 95 with ease. But we need at least 92mph...

No reports on velocity. I'm guessing he wasn't lighting the radar gun on fire. The important thing at this time is that he keeps progressing past this soreness, and that that's all it was...soreness. I'm not optimistic that he regains much, if any, velocity. He did look like he was throwing freely in the clip I saw, so that's positive news.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Andrew Toles still MIA from Spring Training hope he gets it sorted out. Whatever it is.

https://www.dodgersnation.com/andrew-toles-is-mysteriously-absent-from-dodgers-camp/2019/02/19/
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:27 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

you see the spring training "showdown" coming at the end of this week, right?
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:01 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Andrew Toles still MIA from Spring Training hope he gets it sorted out. Whatever it is.

https://www.dodgersnation.com/andrew-toles-is-mysteriously-absent-from-dodgers-camp/2019/02/19/

Full support for a personal matter...given that he's been suspended/cut/missed massive amount of time for disciplinary reasons before (at the time labeled "personal reasons"), i'm kind of forced to assume it's something similar. Probably drugs.
AuraStar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:41 pm    Post subject:

MLB Position Battles Per Team

Los Angeles Dodgers

Fifth starter: The Dodgers have plenty of starting pitching depth, but it's a matter of sorting it out. With Clayton Kershaw likely out for Opening Day, Kenta Maeda, Ross Stripling, Julio Urias figure to fight for the two spots behind Walker Buehler, Hyun-jin Ryu, and Rich Hill. After Kershaw returns, the battle will be for the fifth spot. The two "losers" will likely land in the bullpen.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:31 pm    Post subject:

AuraStar wrote:

Los Angeles Dodgers

Fifth starter: The Dodgers have plenty of starting pitching depth, but it's a matter of sorting it out. With Clayton Kershaw likely out for Opening Day, Kenta Maeda, Ross Stripling, Julio Urias figure to fight for the two spots behind Walker Buehler, Hyun-jin Ryu, and Rich Hill. After Kershaw returns, the battle will be for the fifth spot. The two "losers" will likely land in the bullpen.

Though a real longshot, Gonsolin, who started yesterday and a pitched 3 scoreless innings, could also be a consideration:

Code:
   Player   W   L   ERA▲   G   GS   SV   SVO   IP   H   R   ER   HR   BB   SO   AVG   WHIP
   Gonsolin  0   0   0.00   3   1   0    0     6.0  4   0   0    0     0   5   .190   0.67

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Revealing one fantasy sleeper to target from all 30 MLB teams

Quote:
Los Angeles Dodgers: Ross Stripling

He’s coming off an impressive campaign in which he posted a 136:22 K:BB ratio over 122.0 innings, while his xwOBA ranked top-10, sandwiched between Gerrit Cole and Noah Syndergaard. Stripling may not throw enough innings to be considered a true ace, but he’ll pitch like one when he’s on the mound.

LINK
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:26 pm    Post subject:

^
Stripling pitched over his head last season, and crashed back down to Earth after the All-Star break as the sample sized widened. He's a capable starter but nowhere near an ace.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:30 am    Post subject:

AuraStar wrote:

Los Angeles Dodgers

Right now, there are three spots that look fairly solid: Maeda, Ryu, and Hill. Kersh and Buhler (see link if you haven't heard that there is a bit more to why Buhler has not pitched this Spring) might get their pitch counts up to start, but they likely won't go much beyond three or maybe four innings their first start. This will likely mean Stripling will finish for one of them, while the other could be a bullpen game (not my preference) or maybe Gonsolin (my preference today).

https://www.mlb.com/dodgers/news/walker-buehler-nearing-first-spring-game

Also, as of right now, how about Muncy finding the pine to start, with Belli at first, Kiké (who is tearing it up thus far) in left, Pollock in center, and Verdugo in right.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject:

^^^ Hernandez has been playing mostly second and I think he is the choice as an everyday 2nd baseman. If Seagar is ready he will be at short if not it will fall to Taylor with Muncy at first and Freese sub in both corners. Bellinger has almost exclusively played right so I see him as Puigs replacement with Pollock in center and Verdugo in left with Joc being the rotating releif guy. Injuries may change all that but they need someone (have for a long time)at second and I think Hernandez is their guy. Since they didn't make any moves for a replacement for Dozier/Forsythe.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Kid continues to impress:

Alanna Rizzo

Verified account

@alannarizzo
2h
2 hours ago

More
Urías: 3 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 SO. 53 pitches.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:58 am    Post subject:

Seager 'absolutely' set for opener, Roberts says

Quote:
Corey Seager, who spent most of the 2018 season recovering from major elbow surgery, will "absolutely" be ready by Opening Day, Los Angeles Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said Sunday morning.

LINK
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 246, 247, 248  Next
Page 45 of 248
Jump to: