2019 LA Dodgers Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 246, 247, 248  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 7:23 am    Post subject:

Going to the game tonight in Cincinnati. Go Dodgers.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:19 am    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
Going to the game tonight in Cincinnati. Go Dodgers.

Awesome, enjoy!
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 3:22 pm    Post subject:

Maeda sent down to 10-day IL. Roberts was asked after his last start why Maeda was pulled with 85 pitches when Maeda was flat dealing. Roberts said he had "his reasons." Maybe this was it. In any event, seems minor, and is also probably related to Maeda's contract (which is very team-friendly and ties a significant amount of his salary to innings pitched incentives).
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 3:46 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Maeda sent down to 10-day IL. Roberts was asked after his last start why Maeda was pulled with 85 pitches when Maeda was flat dealing. Roberts said he had "his reasons." Maybe this was it. In any event, seems minor, and is also probably related to Maeda's contract (which is very team-friendly and ties a significant amount of his salary to innings pitched incentives).

I hope you are wrong. The Dodgers got a sweet deal with Kenta and to pull a Trump on him would be pretty much chicken poo.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 4:06 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

I hope you are wrong. The Dodgers got a sweet deal with Kenta and to pull a Trump on him would be pretty much chicken poo.

They did it last year. I agree, I am not a fan of the situation and I think it's poor form. Granted, Kenta's history somewhat justifies a short leash, but the Dodgers seem particularly tough on him.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Corey playing better. Over Seager's last 40 PAs (last 9 games + today versus the Reds), he's slashing .314/.375/.571 (.946 OPS) with 10% BB and 15% K
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 5:12 pm    Post subject:

This is a long article from Pedro Moura in The Athletic, so I can't just link it. Talks about Jansen and how the Dodgers are frustrated with his refusal to throw other pitches. Basically, what I've been talking about and seeing.

Kenley Jansen stared at his catcher, Austin Barnes, during Tuesday’s ninth inning at Dodger Stadium. Jansen had already accumulated two outs, and a San Diego Padre stood at second base. The count on Eric Hosmer was 0-2. Barnes signaled for a putaway pitch — presumably a slider.

Jansen did not agree to throw it. Barnes briefly thrust up his arms in apparent frustration, then made another signal. After a few more seconds, Jansen threw a 93-mph cutter far inside. Barnes threw him back the ball and muttered, again in apparent frustration. Barnes signaled some more, and Jansen agreed to throw a slider. It landed just under the strike zone, Hosmer flailed at it, and Jansen saved the Dodgers’ 6-3 win. It was his 13th save in 15 tries this season, a success rate that belies the success opposing hitters have had. Jansen, 31, has already surrendered as many runs this season as he did in 2017, when he used his signature cutter 85 percent of the time to great success. He is using it just as often in 2019, but the pitch is no longer as dominant. It does not often boast the same blend of mid-90s velocity and significant movement.

This season, hitters have slugged better than .500 against it, more than two hundred points greater than in 2017. Yet after Tuesday’s save, he had thrown the cutter roughly 300 times this season, and he had thrown the slider only 22 times. Hitters had swung at it 13 times and missed it six times. They had not registered a hit against it.

So on Wednesday, Jansen again stared at his catcher, Russell Martin, during the ninth inning at Dodger Stadium. Jansen had accumulated one out, while Padres stood at first and second. The count on Hunter Renfroe was 0-1. Martin made his signals, but Jansen did not make a pitch. Eventually, Martin came out to see him, and the two had a conversation with their gloves up to their mouths. On the SportsNet LA broadcast, analyst Orel Hershiser noted the rarity of Jansen meeting with his catcher. “When this happens, it could be a change in philosophy, or pitch selection, from what you normally do,” Hershiser said.

Jansen threw four more cutters to Renfroe: two for balls, and two that were fouled off. The broadcast cut to Dodgers manager Dave Roberts in the dugout. He shook his head. Martin put down more signs. Jansen did not settle on a pitch and stepped off the rubber. Back on, Jansen again shook off Martin. Finally, he had the pitch he wanted: another cutter. Jansen missed his spot and threw it down the middle. It was, essentially, the same pitch that Renfroe had slammed for a game-winning grand slam 10 days earlier in San Diego. This time, Renfroe swung at it and missed. There were two outs in the inning. Against pinch-hitter Alex Dickerson, Jansen continued to shake off Martin. “I think Russell Martin is calling the pitches that the scouting report calls for,” Hershiser said on the broadcast. “I think Kenley Jansen is saying, ‘My ego is bigger than that pitch selection. Here we go.’”
Jansen insisted on throwing a cutter. With his 26th pitch, his 26th cutter, he struck out Dickerson. The Dodgers won, 2-0, finishing a nine-game homestand with their seventh win. They have the National League’s best record and three off days among the calendar’s next eight, including Thursday, when they fly to Cincinnati.

But Roberts struck a far from celebratory tone in his postgame press conference. There are things the Dodgers need to do better, he said. They are capable of playing “considerably better.” And, about his closer, he said there were conversations that needed to continue. “Kenley obviously knows what he wants to do,” Roberts said. “He can be stubborn at times. He can be convicted at times. We’ve gotta work things out, as far as what we’re trying to do to get Kenley and the catchers on the same page.” That page, Roberts allowed, covers how best to attack hitters. “I think that, right now, he can do some different things,” Roberts said.

Later, Jansen claimed the apparent disagreements were a product of the Dodgers changing their signs in recent days. “It might look kind of weird out there, but we’re good,” Jansen said. “We’ll talk about it. I thought it was a different sign, the same sign we were using. It kind of confused me. I can’t say it.” When asked how he was feeling about his slider, Jansen said it was good, given the right situation. On Wednesday, he argued, was not the situation. Wednesday was the time for his cutter. “That’s the pitch that got me here, and I’m not gonna lose confidence in that,” he said. Jansen expressed appreciation for Martin, Barnes and Roberts. He said reporters were making a big deal of the on-field disputes. Told that Roberts had said dialogue was required, the Dodgers’ closer smiled. “I’m gonna give him a nice bottle of wine on the plane,” he said, “and we’ll talk about it.”
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 5:18 pm    Post subject:

It's going to be a wild ride, that's for sure.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 5:46 pm    Post subject:

Good win. First team to 30. Belli, Seager, Muncy, and Pederson all homer. Dick Mountain with 10k's. Floro, Strip, and Kelly pitch well in relief
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:10 pm    Post subject:

well that sucked....we (Reds) lose, but we do not lose like that this year. I think it is only the 4th time this season we have lost by more than 2 runs (2 of the 4 against the Dodgers). Our offense has just been pathetic.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 9:48 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
This is a long article from Pedro Moura in The Athletic, so I can't just link it. Talks about Jansen and how the Dodgers are frustrated with his refusal to throw other pitches. Basically, what I've been talking about and seeing.

Kenley Jansen stared at his catcher, Austin Barnes, during Tuesday’s ninth inning at Dodger Stadium. Jansen had already accumulated two outs, and a San Diego Padre stood at second base. The count on Eric Hosmer was 0-2. Barnes signaled for a putaway pitch — presumably a slider.

Jansen did not agree to throw it. Barnes briefly thrust up his arms in apparent frustration, then made another signal. After a few more seconds, Jansen threw a 93-mph cutter far inside. Barnes threw him back the ball and muttered, again in apparent frustration. Barnes signaled some more, and Jansen agreed to throw a slider. It landed just under the strike zone, Hosmer flailed at it, and Jansen saved the Dodgers’ 6-3 win. It was his 13th save in 15 tries this season, a success rate that belies the success opposing hitters have had. Jansen, 31, has already surrendered as many runs this season as he did in 2017, when he used his signature cutter 85 percent of the time to great success. He is using it just as often in 2019, but the pitch is no longer as dominant. It does not often boast the same blend of mid-90s velocity and significant movement.

This season, hitters have slugged better than .500 against it, more than two hundred points greater than in 2017. Yet after Tuesday’s save, he had thrown the cutter roughly 300 times this season, and he had thrown the slider only 22 times. Hitters had swung at it 13 times and missed it six times. They had not registered a hit against it.

So on Wednesday, Jansen again stared at his catcher, Russell Martin, during the ninth inning at Dodger Stadium. Jansen had accumulated one out, while Padres stood at first and second. The count on Hunter Renfroe was 0-1. Martin made his signals, but Jansen did not make a pitch. Eventually, Martin came out to see him, and the two had a conversation with their gloves up to their mouths. On the SportsNet LA broadcast, analyst Orel Hershiser noted the rarity of Jansen meeting with his catcher. “When this happens, it could be a change in philosophy, or pitch selection, from what you normally do,” Hershiser said.

Jansen threw four more cutters to Renfroe: two for balls, and two that were fouled off. The broadcast cut to Dodgers manager Dave Roberts in the dugout. He shook his head. Martin put down more signs. Jansen did not settle on a pitch and stepped off the rubber. Back on, Jansen again shook off Martin. Finally, he had the pitch he wanted: another cutter. Jansen missed his spot and threw it down the middle. It was, essentially, the same pitch that Renfroe had slammed for a game-winning grand slam 10 days earlier in San Diego. This time, Renfroe swung at it and missed. There were two outs in the inning. Against pinch-hitter Alex Dickerson, Jansen continued to shake off Martin. “I think Russell Martin is calling the pitches that the scouting report calls for,” Hershiser said on the broadcast. “I think Kenley Jansen is saying, ‘My ego is bigger than that pitch selection. Here we go.’”
Jansen insisted on throwing a cutter. With his 26th pitch, his 26th cutter, he struck out Dickerson. The Dodgers won, 2-0, finishing a nine-game homestand with their seventh win. They have the National League’s best record and three off days among the calendar’s next eight, including Thursday, when they fly to Cincinnati.

But Roberts struck a far from celebratory tone in his postgame press conference. There are things the Dodgers need to do better, he said. They are capable of playing “considerably better.” And, about his closer, he said there were conversations that needed to continue. “Kenley obviously knows what he wants to do,” Roberts said. “He can be stubborn at times. He can be convicted at times. We’ve gotta work things out, as far as what we’re trying to do to get Kenley and the catchers on the same page.” That page, Roberts allowed, covers how best to attack hitters. “I think that, right now, he can do some different things,” Roberts said.

Later, Jansen claimed the apparent disagreements were a product of the Dodgers changing their signs in recent days. “It might look kind of weird out there, but we’re good,” Jansen said. “We’ll talk about it. I thought it was a different sign, the same sign we were using. It kind of confused me. I can’t say it.” When asked how he was feeling about his slider, Jansen said it was good, given the right situation. On Wednesday, he argued, was not the situation. Wednesday was the time for his cutter. “That’s the pitch that got me here, and I’m not gonna lose confidence in that,” he said. Jansen expressed appreciation for Martin, Barnes and Roberts. He said reporters were making a big deal of the on-field disputes. Told that Roberts had said dialogue was required, the Dodgers’ closer smiled. “I’m gonna give him a nice bottle of wine on the plane,” he said, “and we’ll talk about it.”

Thanks for the article. Lots of insight.

I found it absurdly funny that Kenley's thrown 300 cutters this year and 22 sliders and when they go to the mound, they cover their mouths.

And they actually have signals.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 1:29 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
ribeye wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

They did it last year. I agree, I am not a fan of the situation and I think it's poor form. Granted, Kenta's history somewhat justifies a short leash, but the Dodgers seem particularly tough on him.

May have been the case in the past but in this case I don't think so. He fouled a pitch off his thigh during that game. And in the coming week they will have an oddity 3 days off starting yesterday as the first one. They prefer not to have their starter with more than 6 days rest so they juggled it and put Maeda on the 10 day DL this allowed them to bring up another bat for that time period. So Garlick and Beaty are back up. It was just a clever way of getting another batter on the roster when Maeda would have not pitched those ten days anyway due to the oddity of the schedule.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 5:55 am    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
ribeye wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

May have been the case in the past but in this case I don't think so. He fouled a pitch off his thigh during that game. And in the coming week they will have an oddity 3 days off starting yesterday as the first one. They prefer not to have their starter with more than 6 days rest so they juggled it and put Maeda on the 10 day DL this allowed them to bring up another bat for that time period. So Garlick and Beaty are back up. It was just a clever way of getting another batter on the roster when Maeda would have not pitched those ten days anyway due to the oddity of the schedule.

I'm still unsure of what the Dodgers did last year.
Code:

Win Loss  ERA    Inn.    Salary
16   11   3.48   175.2  $10.375M
13   06   4.22   134.1  $07.375M   
08   10   3.81   125.1  $06.125M

His salary dropped some but then so did his performance.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 6:39 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
ribeye wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

Code:

I remember at the end of the season last year they moved him to the bullpen.

His incentives are predicated on the number of starts/innings that he pitches so being moved to the bullpen hurt him.

Quote:
In August, Dave Roberts announced that Kenta Maeda would be shifted to the Dodgers’ bullpen along with Alex Wood. This move was made to try to fill the hole left by Kenley Jansen, who was sidelined when his heart condition resurfaced. It was a decision that was needed to be made at the time, but it was also one that that hurt Maeda financially.

The Dodgers signed Maeda to a very team friendly deal before the 2016 offseason for 8 years and $25 million guaranteed. The incentives written into his contract could bring the total value to $106.2 million, but that would require him to remain in the starting rotation to hit inning requirements laid out.

After a $1 million signing bonus, his salary is $3 annually through 2023.

Maeda will receive:

1) $150,000 each year for making the opening day active 25-man roster.
2) $1 million for each of 15 and 20 starts
3) $1.5 million for each of 25, 30 and 32 starts.
4) $250,000 for each of 90, 100, 110, 120, 130, 140, 150, 160, 170, 180 and 190 innings pitched
5) $750,000 for 200 innings.
6) In addition, Maeda receives a $1 million bonus each time he is traded.

At the time of his signing, Maeda acknowledged there were some “irregularities” in his physical that factored into the incentive-heavy contract he agreed to. But since 2016, Maeda has pitched more innings (435 1/3) than any other Dodger pitcher besides Kershaw. He has landed on the disabled list for both likely real and possibly dubious injuries, but his arm hasn’t been a problem.

After a dominant showing out of the Dodgers’ bullpen in 2017, many thought that Maeda would end up to be more valuable to the team as a late-inning reliever or setup man. While his 2018 season could be considered a step back in the pen, he proved to be valuable as both a starter and a reliever and was extremely adaptable when asked to play both roles despite the sacrifice he made when it came to his incentives.

As far as the idea to rework Maeda’s contract to compensate him for his relief duties, it isn’t a new one.

@McCulloughTimes
Re: Maeda’s contract: The Dodgers have a good relationship with his agents at Wasserman, and it would make sense for both sides to reconfigure the language in his contract to include incentives for relief. Would have to pass muster with MLBPA, but benefits both parties.

As a starter, Maeda has a career 3.84 ERA, 3.68 FIP, 1.181 WHIP with 9.6 K/9 (25.7 K%) in 409 2/3 innings. As a reliever, he holds a 3.16 ERA, 2.81 FIP, 1.130 WHIP, and 12.6 K/9 (34 K%) in 25 2/3 innings.

Baseball is a business. Yet there’s something to be said about the moral implications of compensating players fairly for their services, something Brim wrote about when it comes to Maeda and his contract. The right thing to do would be to rework Maeda’s contract, and it also has the added benefit of preempting any unhappiness from Maeda or conflict with his agents.

Get it done, Dodgers.

http://dodgersdigest.com/2018/11/26/reworking-kenta-maedas-contract/

Yeah, so based on this, the breakdown of his 2018 salary + incentives were:

$3M base salary
$125k for making opening day roster
$1M for 120+ innings
$1M for 15 starts
$1M for 20 starts

Total - $6.125M
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 7:45 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
ribeye wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
ribeye wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

Code:

I remember at the end of the season last year they moved him to the bullpen.

His incentives are predicated on the number of starts/innings that he pitches so being moved to the bullpen hurt him.

Quote:
In August, Dave Roberts announced that Kenta Maeda would be shifted to the Dodgers’ bullpen along with Alex Wood. This move was made to try to fill the hole left by Kenley Jansen, who was sidelined when his heart condition resurfaced. It was a decision that was needed to be made at the time, but it was also one that that hurt Maeda financially.

The Dodgers signed Maeda to a very team friendly deal before the 2016 offseason for 8 years and $25 million guaranteed. The incentives written into his contract could bring the total value to $106.2 million, but that would require him to remain in the starting rotation to hit inning requirements laid out.

After a $1 million signing bonus, his salary is $3 annually through 2023.

Maeda will receive:

1) $150,000 each year for making the opening day active 25-man roster.
2) $1 million for each of 15 and 20 starts
3) $1.5 million for each of 25, 30 and 32 starts.
4) $250,000 for each of 90, 100, 110, 120, 130, 140, 150, 160, 170, 180 and 190 innings pitched
5) $750,000 for 200 innings.
6) In addition, Maeda receives a $1 million bonus each time he is traded.

At the time of his signing, Maeda acknowledged there were some “irregularities” in his physical that factored into the incentive-heavy contract he agreed to. But since 2016, Maeda has pitched more innings (435 1/3) than any other Dodger pitcher besides Kershaw. He has landed on the disabled list for both likely real and possibly dubious injuries, but his arm hasn’t been a problem.

After a dominant showing out of the Dodgers’ bullpen in 2017, many thought that Maeda would end up to be more valuable to the team as a late-inning reliever or setup man. While his 2018 season could be considered a step back in the pen, he proved to be valuable as both a starter and a reliever and was extremely adaptable when asked to play both roles despite the sacrifice he made when it came to his incentives.

As far as the idea to rework Maeda’s contract to compensate him for his relief duties, it isn’t a new one.

@McCulloughTimes
Re: Maeda’s contract: The Dodgers have a good relationship with his agents at Wasserman, and it would make sense for both sides to reconfigure the language in his contract to include incentives for relief. Would have to pass muster with MLBPA, but benefits both parties.

As a starter, Maeda has a career 3.84 ERA, 3.68 FIP, 1.181 WHIP with 9.6 K/9 (25.7 K%) in 409 2/3 innings. As a reliever, he holds a 3.16 ERA, 2.81 FIP, 1.130 WHIP, and 12.6 K/9 (34 K%) in 25 2/3 innings.

Baseball is a business. Yet there’s something to be said about the moral implications of compensating players fairly for their services, something Brim wrote about when it comes to Maeda and his contract. The right thing to do would be to rework Maeda’s contract, and it also has the added benefit of preempting any unhappiness from Maeda or conflict with his agents.

Get it done, Dodgers.

http://dodgersdigest.com/2018/11/26/reworking-kenta-maedas-contract/

Yeah, so based on this, the breakdown of his 2018 salary + incentives were:

$3M base salary
$125k for making opening day roster
$1M for 120+ innings
$1M for 15 starts
$1M for 20 starts

Total - $6.125M

I thought that the Dodgers worked something out with Kenta, since there was talk of that, but it does not appear that way. Even so, at first glance it does appear he was screwed out of maybe something like $1.25M, but when you go and look at his game logs, you can see his last four starts, the Dodgers lost all four games, he was 0-2 and his ERA was 6.65. As such, the move to the pen could reasonably be attributed to his sparkling relief in the 2017 playoffs (.093 ERA) AND the fact that he was not getting it done as a starter.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the Kenley article. Makes plenty of sense why he’s been shelled. I think as his cutter is not invincible anymore. He needs to use his catchers. Those guys have a feel for all the hitters since they’ve been catching the whole game.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Seager with another error. This one cost 3 runs.

Seems like ex-Dodgers have hurt us this year - Puig, Machado, Grandal
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:47 am    Post subject:

Ryu working on a 26 inning scoreless streak
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 12:46 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Ryu working on a 26 inning scoreless streak

was never so happy to see a pitcher exit the game! He has been special this year. Wished you guys would have went with Garcia around the 7th.
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 10:14 pm    Post subject:

I’m starting to feel glad that we didn’t trade Verdugo this off-season. The dude is a hit machine.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 2:03 am    Post subject:

Can we sweep all 4 end-year awards this season?

MVP - Bellinger
Cy Young - Ryu
MOY - Roberts
ROY - Verdugo
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 6:43 am    Post subject:

For those who may not have caught this article, no doubt about it, dude is really fast. Now let's hope he keeps those knees sound for about another decade.

https://www.mlb.com/dodgers/news/cody-bellinger-s-speed-is-key-to-his-400-batting-average
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 7:35 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Good win. First team to 30. Belli, Seager, Muncy, and Pederson all homer. Dick Mountain with 10k's. Floro, Strip, and Kelly pitch well in relief

Got to see this one in person. Pretty much a perfect night to see a ball game in Cincinnati. My two takeaways: One, I'm glad we got rid of Puig. Two, I feel bad for the Reds fans. They deserve a better product than what they've got.

Other than that, I love this year's Dodgers. Go Blue.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:28 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
For those who may not have caught this article, no doubt about it, dude is really fast. Now let's hope he keeps those knees sound for about another decade.

https://www.mlb.com/dodgers/news/cody-bellinger-s-speed-is-key-to-his-400-batting-average

on the Reds broadcast, they were showing the side by sides of his swing this year compared to last year....it is significant. A lot less movement at the top and the swing is much more level. That image in the link you provided is how he looks in his stance this year.....with that flat bat at the top....but last year his bat was often resting at a significant angle toward the ground....then his swing was more looping. This year, it is more flat and he is just driving the ball with a near perfect swing.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Jorge Castillo

@jorgecastillo
·
46m

Julio Urías is expected to be reinstated from administrative leave and activated tomorrow, per sources. He was arrested last week on suspicion of domestic battery.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 246, 247, 248  Next
Page 60 of 248
Jump to: