Hollywood Hoops: The L.A. Lakers Are Behind Schedule But Not By A Lot

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:38 pm    Post subject: Hollywood Hoops: The L.A. Lakers Are Behind Schedule But Not By A Lot

Hey all,

Latest @hollywood_hoops Ep 108: The L.A. Lakers Are Behind Schedule But Not By A Lot w/@JoshMartinNBA also, Clippers better than expected (minus OKC loss) - come for the NBA talk stay for the wild rec league finish at Cheviot
https://www.almightyballer.com/hollywood-hoops-ep-108-the-l-a-lakers-are-behind-schedule-but-not-by-a-lot/

But wouldn't Taj Gibson solve everything that's missing on the Lakers? Not a rumor, but if Jimmy gets traded and Thibs is fired, if the Wolves go in the tank?

Just a thought,

EP
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject:

Lakers do need the T-Wolves help:

After the Dec-2018 trade-line, the Lakers need to trade KCP (who is contributing practically zero) and Ingram (hold your fire) and a 1st round pick for Butler.

Yeah the salaries line up.

T-Wolves get a young KCP whose contract is up after the season, who can step into Butlers starting SG spot. The get Ingram, who has shown flashes of brilliance in his three years here, but has thus far NOT shown he is or even can be the elite player that Butler ALREADY is! The T-Wolves also get a 1st round pick (to make the salary swap work) that, even though late round has shown that very good players can be had in the late 20's (Kuz/Hart).

The Lakers get the second scorer they need to put with LeBron, (there is ZERO indication that they will actually be able to sign Kawhi, Thompson or Durant in the off-season) so why wait? Time to pull the trigger now.

Next, the Lakers need to hire Thibbs (when he is fired) to be their DEFENSIVE guy, that is what he built he name on.

Lastly, since this will greatly reduce the amount of cash available for next off-season, and since they are getting killed by opposing big-men, the Lakers have to hope that Cousins returns to something near the numbers he was putting up last season (25ppg & 13rpg) and make a run at him (Again for those who have a hard time comprehending) ONLY if he returns to form. It is a 99% certainty that GS will not offer him a big money contract next year and that goes to 100% if they max out Thompson & Durant!

Then I would bring back McGee and Stephenson and Rondo only if he will take the Vet's minimum, and the 2019-2020 Lakers will be ready for a run at GS, with the increased Defensive intensity that Thibbs brings and a lineup like:

PG: Ball, Stephenson
SG: Butler. Hart
SF: LeBron, Svi
PF: Kuz, Wagner
C: Cousins, McGee
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject:

I would say Lakers priorities are something like this

1) AD
2/3) Klay/KD or KD/Klay
4) Kawhi
5/6) Jimmy or someone else I'm not thinking of or someone else I'm not thinking of or Jimmy

Feel like they don't make a move midseason for their 5th or 6th choice
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Actually, I agree that Butler should be the 5th choice, but he is the one that they have the best chance to get, instead of waiting and hoping and 3 or the 4 would have to take less money to sign with the Lakers and we know how that use turns out...

Hey Emplay - look at out "Joined" dates, you joined 1 day before me...lol
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Patience! That's what i'd say to Magic
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: