Patience?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:49 am    Post subject:

^ Yeah and not to mention, remember when we used to say that Lebron's coaches would ride his tails to 50+ win seasons?

If that's true, is Luke THAT bad?

I get the caveat that we have played all good teams, but, isn't that why we should be 4-3 instead of 6-1?
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:54 am    Post subject:

Be patient!

When talking about patient, we have to know one fact first: our 10 men rotation are consisted of 4 new comers in LeBron, McGee, Rando and Stephenson and 5 young players in Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, Ball and Williams. It is unrealistic to expect we play like a team immediately. In fact, we are doing quite well at one end already and were pretty close to most of the games. Those teams play well that early usually have a stable rotation. So we have to be patient to our team.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:54 am    Post subject:

The point differential is so small which shows we need better overall execution down the stretch. That takes time practically speaking.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:59 am    Post subject:

jmnluvr wrote:
King Randle wrote:
jmnluvr wrote:
Man, this is rich. Maybe he'll stop bricking shots in the 4th quarter and watching his team get out rebounded all game. Because I'm definitely seeing that every night from him. If he was playing perfect basketball then he'd have some room to talk. But even then, he shouldn't say that. A true leader takes it upon himself even when he's not to blame.

"We talk about patience but you can't have reoccurrence of the same thing," James told reporters after the loss to the Timberwolves. "If you are doing the same things over and over and over and expecting the same result then that's insanity.

"So we have to get better. We can't keep having the same mistakes over and over."

Looks to me he's saying "we." Himself included. Where do you see him pointing the finger at someone else?

So he's just one of the guys? Is that why we brought him here?

This is clearly a loaded use of "we". Why didn't he just say I?

When Lebron talks, he knows that people listen. He's trying to send a message. Let's be real.

We're 2-5...his stats are fine yet he still says "we." If he's trying to send a message great...maybe that will light a fire under BI, Ball, Hart, KCP and Kuz. LeBron has won 3 titles...we have young players that have no clue how to win. I say keep talking LeBron...2-5 is not acceptable. We'll soon find out what our young players are made out of.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:04 am    Post subject:

Kings are currently in the playoffs at 5-3.

Houston is out at 1-5.

Do we really think the Kings will be in the playoffs and Houston out? Or is it a long 82 game grind?

We've certainly dug a hole with a 2-5 start, but it's not insurmountable and as a fan, it'll be fun for once to be rooting for wins in March/April and fighting for a playoff spot. Isn't that the type of enjoyment we get from sports?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Kings are currently in the playoffs at 5-3.

Houston is out at 1-5.

Do we really think the Kings will be in the playoffs and Houston out? Or is it a long 82 game grind?

We've certainly dug a hole with a 2-5 start, but it's not insurmountable and as a fan, it'll be fun for once to be rooting for wins in March/April and fighting for a playoff spot. Isn't that the type of enjoyment we get from sports?

Yes but there are caveats to that. Making the playoffs was not supposed to be in question at any time. At least not from our perspective.

So the fun was supposed to be in seeing how far we'd go, not, whether we'd even make it at all.

To your point though, we can still turn this around and it's still early but I wouldn't say it's been very fun at all yet.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:15 am    Post subject:

Lakers being outscored by only .3 points per possession against losses to playoff teams from last year. We need to better execute. The underlying talent (except backup center) is there.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:24 am    Post subject:

What Lebron said doesnt make a whole lot of sense. He says patience but we cant make the same mistakes.... um young/new teams make the same mistakes over and over. Basketball players and teams in general get better by constant repetition.

6 games just isnt enougn reps to have built a winning team yet, it will take time and this team will make the same mistakes over and over.

He signed a 4 year deal not a 10 game contract
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:29 am    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:
I have no patience, have been patient enough. You can tell me be patient with a young team learning the ropes but not when you have the best player in the NBA on your roster. If you got that player you had to get players around him to win NOW. What patience? Dude is 33 going to be 34, when are we going to try to contend when hes 36? Makes no sense!

its pathetic, we’re still at “young core needs to improve” and “need to sign an all-star free agent”.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject:

kobe_4_mvp wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:
I have no patience, have been patient enough. You can tell me be patient with a young team learning the ropes but not when you have the best player in the NBA on your roster. If you got that player you had to get players around him to win NOW. What patience? Dude is 33 going to be 34, when are we going to try to contend when hes 36? Makes no sense!

its pathetic, we’re still at “young core needs to improve” and “need to sign an all-star free agent”.

Because that's the truth?
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Lakers being outscored by only .3 points per possession against losses to playoff teams from last year. We need to better execute. The underlying talent (except backup center) is there.

Back-up center issue is major flaw that needs to be addressed asap.

Part of my frustration is with the close losses. The inability to slow down anyone is just as big an issue IMO. Some of it is defensive energy and hustle beyond the back up center fiasco. At least considered a 1a and 1b of issues the Lakers are facing.

The difference in some of the wins and losses could just as easily be attributed to a simple hand raised closeout on a 3pt shooter leading to a miss. A box out that does not give up an offensive rebound. (and all too often the foul with the easy putback).

Clean up the defensive side and the wins will come. Offensively they are playing with energy and playing efficiently. But they are allowing too many easy baskets in return.

Not going to be easy tonight. Jordan is averaging 15 boards and 35 mpg. McGee is going to have to play big mpg once again.
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:38 am    Post subject:

Things would be different if we had a legit back up big. Go blame the front office LeBron.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject:

kobe_4_mvp wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:

We can’t still be at that stage, we need to revise and say we used to be at need two all stars and now we have progressed to needing one all star, since we got an all star free agent we didn’t have previously.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: Patience?

troy wrote:
Excuses. Nothing but excuses...and being in last place.

I'm fine with patience for the rebuild, but I will admit that I am getting tired of patience being used as an excuse for the performance of some players. At some point, players need to step up and get it together.

I have never been a fan of the two max FA strategy. Once Magic struck out on Paul George last summer, we were destined to be in a holding pattern for a year. I can live with that kind of patience, even if some of Magic's other decisions have been questionable. This is a placeholder roster, and the test comes next summer.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:43 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
kobe_4_mvp wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:

We can’t still be at that stage, we need to revise and say we used to be at need two all stars and now we have progressed to needing one all star, since we got an all star free agent we didn’t have previously.

Exactly.

I believe our young core will be much better by next year.

And instead of 2 all stars coming it's just one (and we finally got rid of the "no all star wants to come here" ghost after DRoz/LMA/PG13/Melo all turned us down).
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:43 am    Post subject:

Fracture wrote:
Things would be different if we had a legit back up big. Go blame the front office LeBron.

Well our backup center is injuried and our third stringer is williams.

Once this team has figured things out and is at full strength we will win 10 in a row and people will forget about the beginning of the season.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:47 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Fracture wrote:

Once this team has figured things out and is at full strength we will win 10 in a row and people will forget about the beginning of the season.

I can’t see a 10 game winning streak unless the Lakers crack top 15 in defense. Maybe top 20, but that’s assuming it’s an easier stretch of the schedule where they are just offensively destroying bad teams.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: Patience?

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
troy wrote:

I'm fine with patience for the rebuild, but I will admit that I am getting tired of patience being used as an excuse for the performance of some players. At some point, players need to step up and get it together.

I have never been a fan of the two max FA strategy. Once Magic struck out on Paul George last summer, we were destined to be in a holding pattern for a year. I can live with that kind of patience, even if some of Magic's other decisions have been questionable. This is a placeholder roster, and the test comes next summer.

Well put. This is a placeholder roster the second a 2nd all star FA didn't join. They're expiring deals. So unless we cash those chips in now for an all star, the team is evaluating the roster.

LBJ has to waste one year of his post-prime. Those were the chips on the table and he still took it. Could have gone to other teams like Philly to join a young nucleus and stay in the East but didnt.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Fracture wrote:

I can’t see a 10 game winning streak unless the Lakers crack top 15 in defense. Maybe top 20, but that’s assuming it’s an easier stretch of the schedule where they are just offensively destroying bad teams.

Between Kuz BI Ball Hart LBJ, this team is built to switch I see us as a top 10 defense easy but that stuff takes time
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: Patience?

yinoma2001 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
troy wrote:

Well put. This is a placeholder roster the second a 2nd all star FA didn't join. They're expiring deals. So unless we cash those chips in now for an all star, the team is evaluating the roster.

LBJ has to waste one year of his post-prime. Those were the chips on the table and he still took it. Could have gone to other teams like Philly to join a young nucleus and stay in the East but didnt.

And Philly has their own issues too. As of right now, they have no chance beating the Celtics or Raptors in a playoff series. Might need to add Milwaukee to that list by season’s end.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: Patience?

LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
troy wrote:

And Philly has their own issues too. As of right now, they have no chance beating the Celtics or Raptors in a playoff series. Might need to add Milwaukee to that list by season’s end.

So the West is easier?

East may have some top heavy team, but aside from 2-3 teams is terrible.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Patience?

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
troy wrote:

So the West is easier?

East may have some top heavy team, but aside from 2-3 teams is terrible.

Nah, East is still easier because the bottom teams are a bigger joke. Kings for example are beating up on the east teams.

Just when people say Lebron should have gone to Philly...it doesn’t look like they would beat Boston and maybe not Kawhi led Toronto. He would be in the same situation out East imo.

I still think the Lakers have some max star FA already locked up. Similar to how the Lebron pursuit played out.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:01 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Fracture wrote:

Between Kuz BI Ball Hart LBJ, this team is built to switch I see us as a top 10 defense easy but that stuff takes time

Hopefully man. That would be a dream scenario.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject:

Nothing wrong with what LeBron said imo. It's like the incident with Kobe and Bynum ("ship his ass out"). We get it. We have a lot of young players. Regardless, with the addition of LeBron, they are on a timeline now to improve. They don't have the luxury of taking 5 years to become productive. They can figure out a way to be productive now or get shipped out for players that can produce. We're in win now mode for the next 3 years.

Edit: Also, if Kuzma does not start playing defense soon, he should absolutely be benched for someone that does.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: Patience?

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
troy wrote:

So, we're giving away yet another year? PG13 is gone. Kawhi is loving it up in Toronto. Klay isn't leaving his Golden State Goose Egg. Meanwhile, the teams I listed (Milwaukee, Denver, ect) in my post don't this reliance on signing free agents.

Last edited by troy on Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7
Jump to: