ESPN: Luke takes heat from Magic for Lakers' start[Update: Magic "Luke will finish season, unless something drastic happens"]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Probably trying to light a fire before this brutal back to back. If it's not that, then I think this is way too premature. We've had probably the toughest schedule in the NBA, faced suspensions to starters, our PG is working his way back from knee surgery. Did anyone expect a winning record at this point?

Part of it has been self inflicted. The spurs losses are most frustrating imo.

Interesting that this heat is coming right before a back to back situation on the road against a team they never beat followed by a top 2 EC team. If there is anytime to finally win in Portland...it might be after this leak.
shortodom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject:

If we had a backup center we would have won at least 2 games we lost Magic. It's on you too, get us a back up center. We need a backup center. Magic can you hear me? We need a backup center
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:52 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
Quote:
"As I was talking to Luke (with Pelinka), we said don't worry about if we get out to a bad start," Johnson told reporters in September. "We have seen that with LeBron going to Miami, and we have seen that when he came back to Cleveland. He is going to struggle because there are so many new moving parts. But eventually we are going to get it, and we are going to be a really good team."

Is Magic is just relaying this new message from someone else?
Precisely.

Coincidental with the recent firing of Ty Lue?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject:

can anyone imagine if audio leaked of Jeanie cussing and mother'fing Magic and Rob (calling him a cheap Rob Lowe knockoff) for like 20 minutes......and the whole nice and polite image everyone has of Jeanie has been false for all these years.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject:

This is the first result of all this "be patient" non-sense.

I keep telling you, that be-patient stuff played out last year. Results need to be coming in, like NOW. And don't think that barely beating the Mavs is indicative of patience-with-progress. That win, in certain ways, was as bad as lost.

Again, Champions like Lebron James don't do be-patient, and rightfully so.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject:

Luke got a free pass for his first 2 seasons its good he has some heat on him, lets see what he is made of now, I do believe rather than fire him we should hire an experienced x and o's type asst coach
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:58 am    Post subject:

good he got the smackdown. Rondo should not be playing 30mins per night
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:58 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Probably trying to light a fire before this brutal back to back. If it's not that, then I think this is way too premature. We've had probably the toughest schedule in the NBA, faced suspensions to starters, our PG is working his way back from knee surgery. Did anyone expect a winning record at this point?

Interesting that this heat is coming right before a back to back situation on the road against a team they never beat followed by a top 2 EC team. If there is anytime to finally win in Portland...it might be after this leak.

The Spurs losses were emotionally crushing. The Spurs have a clear pecking order down the stretch though. We have Lebron and a bunch of role players. Plus Pop is just in a different universe as a coach.

Most disappointing thing for me this season has been our defense. As far as lineups, I feel like Luke was dealt a bad hand with this roster. But the defense has been pathetic and needs to get plugged up asap.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:00 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Rondo should not be playing 30mins per night

that is what I am saying.....Rondo should be playing at least 32 mins per night.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:00 am    Post subject:

Typically what Magic likes to do. He says one thing but expects/does another. He said he comes to develop young players but then he sacrifices young players for cap space. He says he wants us to play high IQ basketball but sign players who don't acquire high basketball IQ. I never trust what he says.
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:03 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

They signed Rondo, and set the narrative that he’d be amazing for this team.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject:

shortodom wrote:
If we had a backup center we would have won at least 2 games we lost Magic. It's on you too, get us a back up center. We need a backup center. Magic can you hear me? We need a backup center

Zubac is a backup center Luke has done a terrible job with his development in my opinion

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject:

akk7 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

They signed Rondo, and set the narrative that he’d be amazing for this team.

I think Rondo has been fine....not sure what everyone is basing their poor opinion of him on....the teams offense and defense have been better with Rondo on the court in comparison to Lonzo based on their on/off metrics.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

The Spurs losses were emotionally crushing. The Spurs have a clear pecking order down the stretch though. We have Lebron and a bunch of role players. Plus Pop is just in a different universe as a coach.

Most disappointing thing for me this season has been our defense. As far as lineups, I feel like Luke was dealt a bad hand with this roster. But the defense has been pathetic and needs to get plugged up asap.

But much of the poor defense is due to poor communication between the players on the court. I think one of the differences between this year and last year is now we have veterans that don't give consistent effort on defense and this kind of attitude affects the rest of the young players.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

I’m sure Luke had a say on the roster moves as well. Magic and Rob wouldn’t make roster moves without consulting and involving Luke

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Last edited by Andre2K on Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:11 am    Post subject:

Smh its not Luke’s fault its the roster

I feel bad for him
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:11 am    Post subject:

Get ready for “Interim Head Coach: Kurt Rambis”

It’s coming folks.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
I’m sure Luke had a say in the roster moves as well. Magic and Rob wouldn’t make roster moves without consulting and involving Luke

you may be correct, but I would have doubts. I do not think Magic has ever seen Luke as his guy (yes, I know he has claimed otherwise)....and I do not think Luke would ever challenge Magic.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Luke texting Jeanie during the meeting about Magic's crappy roster building and not signing a reserve center....along with a screen grab of Randles stats this season.

lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
shortodom wrote:

Zubac is a backup center Luke has done a terrible job with his development in my opinion

I disagree. Yes, Zubac has been a disappointment but how about Kuzma and Hart? You can't say Luke is responsible for Zubac's disappointment and not giving credit to how Kuzma and Hart performs. I think the problem with Zubac is probably going down to he just doesn't have the physical talent to perform well in the NBA level. He needed to lose weight so he could move quickly to play at our fast pace, which makes him too weak to defend the other centers. I still believes in his soft touches and offensive talent though
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
I’m sure Luke had a say in the roster moves as well. Magic and Rob wouldn’t make roster moves without consulting and involving Luke

you may be correct, but I would have doubts. I do not think Magic has ever seen Luke as his guy (yes, I know he has claimed otherwise)....and I do not think Luke would ever challenge Magic.

I find it hard to imagine any scenario where Magic and Rob are making roster moves behind Luke’s back. Luke signed off on all these players, he might feel like he has no choice but to sign off when he gets consulted but that would be his fault if that’s the case.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject:

Username wrote:
Get ready for “Interim Head Coach: Kurt Rambis”

It’s coming folks.

This is why I wish hope and pray the Buss family sell my beloved Lakers. All the Buss family know is rinse and repeat, hire “family” aka ex-Laker employees, doesn’t matter how unqualified they are.
LakersFanESS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject:

If you fire Luke, who would you bring in at this point? Just too many moving parts to have success with such a young team. Luke is a good coach and the team has played well other than closing games. That is on Luke, LeBron, and our youth. We are not the Cavs..stick to the principles even in the face of adversity. Isn't that what Rob said? It is not just applicable to roster player movement but also the coach...

Last edited by LakersFanESS on Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
shortodom wrote:

I disagree. Yes, Zubac has been a disappointment but how about Kuzma and Hart? You can't say Luke is responsible for Zubac's disappointment and not giving credit to how Kuzma and Hart performs. I think the problem with Zubac is probably going down to he just doesn't have the physical talent to perform well in the NBA level. He needed to lose weight so he could move quickly to play at our fast pace, which makes him too weak to defend the other centers. I still believes in his soft touches and offensive talent though

Kuzma and Hart were already developed rookies when they entered the NBA, Luke gets some credit in their development, but those guys would’ve been solid rotational players regardless imo. Zubac came into the league at age 19, he’s in year 3 and still younger than those aforementioned players were when they entered the nba

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Last edited by Andre2K on Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:36 am; edited 2 times in total
PhiberOptik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject:

I am all for reprimanding or admonishing Luke to improve but to leak it to the media? That is something else.

Magic needs to convince Jeanie to fire Luke and that will be tough. Part of Jeanie's criticism from his brother and Mitch's handling of the lakers is the Coach firing carousel.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 2 of 28
Jump to: