ESPN: Luke takes heat from Magic for Lakers' start[Update: Magic "Luke will finish season, unless something drastic happens"]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:11 am    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
Kershaw on 710 talking about the pressure placed on Walton. He says “ you come off two days rest and your playing at home and you lay an egg. That’s not acceptable no matter who you are !”

Its a bit ironic that Kershaw is talking about laying an egg. Love the dude but he has laid an egg a couple of times on full rest.
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:18 am    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
Kershaw on 710 talking about the pressure placed on Walton. He says “you come off two days rest and your playing at home and you lay an egg. That’s not acceptable no matter who you are !”

Its a bit ironic that Kershaw is talking about laying an egg. Love the dude but he has laid an egg a couple of times on full rest.

LA played a great 36 min. Raps played a full 48 min. Simple as that.
And i dont like Kershaw talkin sh*t to Luke when players like LeBron even said the coaching staff drew up a gameplan yet we (the players) didnt execute it.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:26 am    Post subject:

JeezyXVII wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
Kershaw on 710 talking about the pressure placed on Walton. He says “you come off two days rest and your playing at home and you lay an egg. That’s not acceptable no matter who you are !”

And i dont like Kershaw talkin sh*t to Luke when players like LeBron even said the coaching staff drew up a gameplan yet we (the players) didnt execute it.

What exactly is Luke's defensive game plan & philosophy?
SD2Hollyweird
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
SD2Hollyweird wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
You know what's a scary thought? Magic is a Laker fanatic like all of us, and he's doing what we like to do all the time, which is Monday morning QB'ing. Except, he actually has the power to make rash decisions. LOL!

Magic has shown us over the years he is fairly prone to being a reactive idiot.

Funny...he's also shown us that he's a champion and knows how to run businesses.

I will never abide by any Magic hate from a Laker Fan...Magic loves the Lakers, is synonymous with the word Lakers, and has done more for this organization than any other single individual not named Dr. Jerry Buss.

i think it's a good idea to keep that in mind before calling him an idiot.

Cool, good for you to keep in mind. I'll judge him on each of his actions (good and bad; wise and moronic - he has certainly performed a bevy of all) and leave the infallible idol worship to you. Deal?
I believe that a triangle, if it could speak, would say that God is eminently triangular, and a circle that the divine nature is eminently circular; and thus would every one ascribe his own attributes to God. - Baruch Spinoza
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:34 am    Post subject:

I feel like Magic’s stirring the pot here early into the season and looking for an excuse to fire Luke.

Reports say it was about the defense, other mention it was about his coaching staff aside from BShaw, others say its about lineup changes.
We’ll never know what the real meeting and shouting was about.

But in all reality, Magic’s got no room to be yelling at a grown man like Luke.
Our young core of 7 is not there yet as far as growth.
& Lukes a wayyyy better coach than Magic could ever be.
His style isnt BS-Hyping ala Magic.

So MJ needs to kick rocks and take a seat and stop the drama.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject:

I'm sure Kershaw would be the first to admit that he hasn't been good enough in the playoffs.

Just because you choke yourself... doesn't mean you're wrong.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
They actually did run new plays last game in the first quarter against Portland
you can't break out the new stuff until your team has the original stuff down pat. this is a lot of new guys. its going to take time for them to implement the entire offense. In addition, having vets there like rondo,bron, etc. It gives you guys that may know a thing or two about a certain team or coach and what plays they run offensively and defensively. things that maybe luke or his staff may have not picked up on yet. so that could also tweak your plays as well. assuming you as the coach is receptive to that kind of feedback and input.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
JeezyXVII wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:

dont just watch a guy run by you like you're a turnstile. dont forget to pay attention to shooters, we already showed you everyones hot spots and percentages. dont let guys take shots from their hot spots without you all up in their faces. dont get sucked in on penetration and completely forget about the man you were guarding.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
Its really too early to panic, Luke had a completely different team last year, got to give him more time to make adjustments, at least another 10 games, then we can see where the team is at

And then with a completely different team next season we will have to give him time to make more adjustments. Easy to see where the disconnect is.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
So what do you make of their reports then? Are you insinuating that they're lying or that they don't have reliable sources? Either way you go, both of those theories are rather interesting. I guess Tania doesn't care a lick about her own career since she's either fabricating a bunch of nonsense on her own volition or receiving lies from unreliable sources about things that cast the Lakers in an unfavorable light. And it's twice as interesting that the Lakers are having to suffer through this, yet still granting her access to their team practices and press conferences to interview them. Wow. They must care just as little about bad PR for their franchise as Tania does about her job It all makes sense now! Critical thinking is afoot!

I have my own suspicions about where this came from. I think the leak was orchestrated by someone who wanted to make it sound like Magic was strong and in charge, and who wanted to appease the disgruntled folks in the fanbase. I don't think there was anything accidental about this. But this is just speculation.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
JeezyXVII wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:

dont just watch a guy run by you like you're a turnstile. dont forget to pay attention to shooters, we already showed you everyones hot spots and percentages. dont let guys take shots from their hot spots without you all up in their faces. dont get sucked in on penetration and completely forget about the man you were guarding.

That's not a philosophy -- those are just key points
PhiberOptik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
I'm sure Kershaw would be the first to admit that he hasn't been good enough in the playoffs.

But he is wrong though. It was second night of a back to back. He needs to stop choking with his information.
PhiberOptik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Judah wrote:
So what do you make of their reports then? Are you insinuating that they're lying or that they don't have reliable sources? Either way you go, both of those theories are rather interesting. I guess Tania doesn't care a lick about her own career since she's either fabricating a bunch of nonsense on her own volition or receiving lies from unreliable sources about things that cast the Lakers in an unfavorable light. And it's twice as interesting that the Lakers are having to suffer through this, yet still granting her access to their team practices and press conferences to interview them. Wow. They must care just as little about bad PR for their franchise as Tania does about her job It all makes sense now! Critical thinking is afoot!

I have my own suspicions about where this came from. I think the leak was orchestrated by someone who wanted to make it sound like Magic was strong and in charge, and who wanted to appease the disgruntled folks in the fanbase. I don't think there was anything accidental about this. But this is just speculation.

I understand where Magic is coming from and he only wants to improve and not let the season get out of hand early. But why leak the issue to the media and undermine your coach? Might as well just fire him already if you give "conditions".

In the end, this is a blow to upper management and the organization. Esp on Jeanie on how she criticized her brother and Mitch for revolving coaching hires.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:43 am    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
JeezyXVII wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:

That's not a philosophy -- those are just key points

Luke is basically like Byron they talked about "practicing" defense but you rarely see it on court
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject:

PhiberOptik wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

But he is wrong though. It was second night of a back to back. He needs to stop choking with his information.

LOL! Dave Roberts chiming in too, "Phil had it going good for 6 innings, I mean years, then they took him out and replaced him with Mike Brown? What was up with that?"
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:15 am    Post subject:

JeezyXVII wrote:
I feel like Magic’s stirring the pot here early into the season and looking for an excuse to fire Luke.

Ever since the Fizdale rumors, something just seems off imo.

It doesn’t mean they have been waiting to fire Luke, just poking around...looking what other options are out there type vibe.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
JeezyXVII wrote:

Ever since the Fizdale rumors, something just seems off imo.

It doesn’t mean they have been waiting to fire Luke, just poking around...looking what other options are out there type vibe.

Nah, I think fans just aren't used to his type of management yet. Mitch and Jerry West were quiet leaders. They liked to hide in a corner and quietly get stomach butterflies and ulcers alone. Magic will scream to the world while he gets ulcers. Just hope he doesn't make rash decisions.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject:

PhiberOptik wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Kershaw is talking about the loss to Minnesota. After that game is when Magic had his meeting with Walton and reamed him. We had 2 days rest going into that game coming off a loss to The Spurs.
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject:

Starting lineup of James-Ingram-Ball-Kuzma-McGee, also their most used lineup, has the WORST total +/-

Keep trotting this out there and drastic might get here faster
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject:

WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
Starting lineup of James-Ingram-Ball-Kuzma-McGee, also their most used lineup, has the WORST total +/-

Keep trotting this out there and drastic might get here faster

Does that include TOR game? Could be suppressed due to that?
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:57 am    Post subject:

Did Luke screw up the Randle situation and create a whole at small ball center? Did Luke screw up and let our best defensive player go? Did Luke decide to overpay for KCP? Did Luke get rid of our best player from last year?

Magic got Lebron which is great but he made choices almost guaranteeing a slow start by have more moving parts that needed. Love the youth but Randle was by far our best player on defense and rebounding which is a big issue with the team and he was only 23.

So I get jumping ugly with Luke but I think Magic needs to own the slow start due to some poor decisions.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:

Goldenthroat (ie LakerFilmRoom) pointed out before the season even started that he thought the scheme the Lakers were working on was weak. Cranjis on Twitter has been very vocal that the schemes suck, especially in regards to weak side action, since last season I think. And we have all seen that if we aren’t running, then we struggle desperately to score in any way that isn’t Lebron using his singular individual talent to create a shot for himself or someone else via iso/pick and roll. Mermuys is in charge of the offense, apparently. And it sure looks like he’s failing the half court part of it, which is important since no team can run all the time.

I seriously think the team could afford to welcome a little more constructive criticism like what you referenced from goldenthroat. It seems like most Lakers coverage is all about being a yes man and I don't see the value in the guys like Trudell and Ohm and Ding and all of the others who seem to get access in exchange for exceptionally rosy reporting. If things aren't going well or if a coach or player isn't cutting it, that should be fair game.
PhiberOptik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:59 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
PhiberOptik wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Kershaw is talking about the loss to Minnesota. After that game is when Magic had his meeting with Walton and reamed him. We had 2 days rest going into that game coming off a loss to The Spurs.

Is that game what got Magic all riled up? My bad. But that game was close and very competitive until one superstar player decided to will his team to victory and the other became passive and passed the ball around in clutch time.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject:

PhiberOptik wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
PhiberOptik wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Is that game what got Magic all riled up? My bad. But that game was close and very competitive until one superstar player decided to will his team to victory and the other became passive and passed the ball around in clutch time.

Look at that game again. We lost because of Luke's terrible rotations to end the game and lack of half court offense
PhiberOptik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
PhiberOptik wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
PhiberOptik wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Look at that game again. We lost because of Luke's terrible rotations to end the game and lack of half court offense

Agree to disagree but Butler's timely 3's buried us in crunch time while LBJ was absent.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 26 of 28
Jump to: