ESPN: Luke takes heat from Magic for Lakers' start[Update: Magic "Luke will finish season, unless something drastic happens"]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jun 2016
Posts: 1943

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:39 pm    Post subject:

SD2Hollyweird wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
SD2Hollyweird wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
You know what's a scary thought? Magic is a Laker fanatic like all of us, and he's doing what we like to do all the time, which is Monday morning QB'ing. Except, he actually has the power to make rash decisions. LOL!


Magic has shown us over the years he is fairly prone to being a reactive idiot.


Funny...he's also shown us that he's a champion and knows how to run businesses.

I will never abide by any Magic hate from a Laker Fan...Magic loves the Lakers, is synonymous with the word Lakers, and has done more for this organization than any other single individual not named Dr. Jerry Buss.

i think it's a good idea to keep that in mind before calling him an idiot.


Cool, good for you to keep in mind. I'll judge him on each of his actions (good and bad; wise and moronic - he has certainly performed a bevy of all) and leave the infallible idol worship to you. Deal?


got it...respect isn't your strong suit.

but by all means go ahead and continue to show this community who you are.
_________________
"This game's in the refrigerator. The door is closed, the lights are out. the eggs are coolin', the butter's gettin' hard and the jello's jigglin'."
- Chick, the One & Only
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jun 2016
Posts: 1943

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:44 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Judah wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
JeezyXVII wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Just read that Magic chided Walton in their meeting for interrupting him. Yikes.


Link ?


Per Tania Ganguli:

Quote:
Johnson, president of basketball operations, shouted and cursed at Walton, according to multiple sources who weren’t authorized to speak publicly. He asked Walton what he was doing with the team, wanting to see an offensive system in place that had yet to be implemented. At one point he chided Walton for interrupting him.


https://sports.yahoo.com/reports-magic-johnson-unhappy-luke-195214767.html


Man, Magic emasculated Walton.

Pretty much Magic sees himself as a better coach than Luke. This is how Phil Jackson treated Jeff Hornacek.

What coach is going to want to come into this situation?

It's ironic how LaVar Ball's comments against Luke Walton last year was seen as a distraction and Magic had to talk to LaVar Ball about it. And Magic is causing the same type of distraction this year.


Soooo....no quote and this 2nd or 3rd hand account comes from 'sauces'...and you take it as gospel that BSPN would never attempt to sensationalize anything right?

Magic got LeBron...this team is loaded with vets that know how to play...

Luke used the 2nd highest combination of lineups in the first 8 games and our defense looks pathetic. Opposing HCs know we're going to switch everything and have been picking us apart.

IMO Greatness is impatient.

Complacent acceptance of underperforming won't get us where we need to go.

Urgency will. And I understand where Magic is coming from...we don't have an unlimited amount of time with LeBron...we can't afford wasting a season as Luke attempts to slowly implement a system over the first 20-30 games like last year when we went on that 10 game losing skid before he realized Julius should get more minutes.

You can feel sorry for Luke all you want and accept a narrative that BSPN wants...what I see is a President of Basketball Ops that just lit a fire underneath a guy that is excessively laid back.

We had 6 PS games to start to get the lineups together.

We had 8 RS games to get the lineups together AND start playing an unpredictable style of defense that fuels our exceptional pace.

This is the West...500 ball won't get it done...sub 500 Ball is a failure regardless of this being the start of the year.

Luke has to instill fire into the team or he has to find a new employer...and I really like Luke.

You think Kerr, Pop, or Stevens would accept a start like that and need their President to call a meeting? PUUUUULEASE.

...Yeah, except Tania doesn't even work for BSPN

Try again.


She doesn't work for the Lakers either...wasn't in the meeting...but like Bill Plashke and Woj seem to know a lot about what was happening behind closed doors even though literally no one knew who we were picking in the draft...curious isn't it that when it comes time to sensationalize and rule the 24 hour news cycle they magically have moles in the org.

how about you try critical thinking again...well maybe I was wrong to say 'again'.

thanks for completely ignoring the rest of my post so you could be snarky instead of conversational too.

So what do you make of their reports then? Are you insinuating that they're lying or that they don't have reliable sources? Either way you go, both of those theories are rather interesting. I guess Tania doesn't care a lick about her own career since she's either fabricating a bunch of nonsense on her own volition or receiving lies from unreliable sources about things that cast the Lakers in an unfavorable light. And it's twice as interesting that the Lakers are having to suffer through this, yet still granting her access to their team practices and press conferences to interview them. Wow. They must care just as little about bad PR for their franchise as Tania does about her job It all makes sense now! Critical thinking is afoot!


Looks like you've got it all figured out.

I'm not going to argue with you about this.

Have a good one.
_________________
"This game's in the refrigerator. The door is closed, the lights are out. the eggs are coolin', the butter's gettin' hard and the jello's jigglin'."
- Chick, the One & Only
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jun 2016
Posts: 1943

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Judah wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Judah wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
AshesToAshes wrote:
They support Luke, not his staff.

After these first games and assuming Luke's style is more supportive than holding people accountable and depending on feedback on his coaching staff; likely a good time to let Luke know he's also responsible for his staffs' performance.

Giving him some yelling and cursing would get him to walk out with a different perspective on how to manage/lead everyone below him or seriously think about making changes.

Magic might have a million dollar smile and public perception; but you better believe that is only allowed through his RESULTS. Without results he is no different than Kobe in relating to his team.

He has the perfect point of reference; himself. His best year playing was likely the year kobe almost left and right before we got Pau. He needs to find his own "luke" but not lose lebron in the process.

He has a few of those on this team. Just needs to realize he doesn't have a Pippen or Gasol yet. But enough to get results.


So for these last 2.5 yrs, Luke's been coaching the wrong way? Now, with Magic yelling at him, it's helped him to see the light and find his inner "Luke"? And now he's going to become a better coach?

It's like Magic had this secret weapon that he's been holding back. And now, he's finally using it - and it's going to transform Luke into this great coach.

Magic should just keep yelling at Luke until he becomes the next Pat Riley.

Yup. Just as he said, this was the way he lead as a player and it worked out pretty great. If it worked for him as a player it should definitely work for him as an executive as well, right? I mean, what could possibly go wrong?

But no, in all seriousness, it's good that Luke is such a low ego guy that also played with a guy like Kobe. It's been awhile, but he already knew what it felt like to be yelled at by a legend, so I doubt he was rattled by that little talk. Hopefully Magic will eventually wake up to the reality that he can get his point across without treating Luke (and others in the org) like some pip squeak who works for one of his businesses and can be easily replaced.

When he and Rob were brought on they all said that they wanted to operate as a committee like the Spurs do. But I can hardly imagine this sort of dynamic within the Spurs family. They seem way too professional for that. But if something of that nature ever happened it definitely wouldn't have gotten leaked to the media, that's for sure.


Funny...didn't KL get traded because of problems within the Fam?...and didn't all of it get leaked?

I was clearly referring to the inner workings of their FO, but sure, be desperate and reach for what you can in order to make your argument work.


Good luck to you kiddo...you have a lot to learn.

Being a geezer and being wise are not one and the same.


Neither is being young and ignorant...but it is interesting how both stereotypes seem to correlate more often than not as you continue to prove.
_________________
"This game's in the refrigerator. The door is closed, the lights are out. the eggs are coolin', the butter's gettin' hard and the jello's jigglin'."
- Chick, the One & Only
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jun 2016
Posts: 1943

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
SD2Hollyweird wrote:
Magic has shown us over the years he is fairly prone to being a reactive idiot.


Funny...he's also shown us that he's a champion and knows how to run businesses.

I will never abide by any Magic hate from a Laker Fan...Magic loves the Lakers, is synonymous with the word Lakers, and has done more for this organization than any other single individual not named Dr. Jerry Buss.

i think it's a good idea to keep that in mind before calling him an idiot.


When Magic became team president, he forfeited his status as a sacred cow. If he does things that are stupid, he will get called out for it. It doesn't matter how much he loves the Lakers, or how much you think he has done for the Lakers in the past. Even if is becomes the butt of jokes as team president, people will still respect him for what he did as a player.


I disagree.

And I think there is a way to call him out without using lazy labels like idiot while still being respectful...

I do find it interesting the posters ready to defend their 1st Amendment rights without considering how it may make them look to this community in the process.

But why care about silly things like how we present ourselves...why should demonstrating self-respect by respecting those around us matter when I'm mad now because a team I like isn't playing well? I have a right to vent without consequence because 'the Internet' right?


_________________
"This game's in the refrigerator. The door is closed, the lights are out. the eggs are coolin', the butter's gettin' hard and the jello's jigglin'."
- Chick, the One & Only
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
SD2Hollyweird
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 23 Jul 2018
Posts: 132
Location: 92115

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:55 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
SD2Hollyweird wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
SD2Hollyweird wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
You know what's a scary thought? Magic is a Laker fanatic like all of us, and he's doing what we like to do all the time, which is Monday morning QB'ing. Except, he actually has the power to make rash decisions. LOL!


Magic has shown us over the years he is fairly prone to being a reactive idiot.


Funny...he's also shown us that he's a champion and knows how to run businesses.

I will never abide by any Magic hate from a Laker Fan...Magic loves the Lakers, is synonymous with the word Lakers, and has done more for this organization than any other single individual not named Dr. Jerry Buss.

i think it's a good idea to keep that in mind before calling him an idiot.


Cool, good for you to keep in mind. I'll judge him on each of his actions (good and bad; wise and moronic - he has certainly performed a bevy of all) and leave the infallible idol worship to you. Deal?


got it...respect isn't your strong suit.

but by all means go ahead and continue to show this community who you are.


Respect??

Clearly, uncritical thought and obsequiousness is yours. Bless your heart.
_________________
I believe that a triangle, if it could speak, would say that God is eminently triangular, and a circle that the divine nature is eminently circular; and thus would every one ascribe his own attributes to God. - Baruch Spinoza
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SD2Hollyweird
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 23 Jul 2018
Posts: 132
Location: 92115

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:57 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
SD2Hollyweird wrote:
Magic has shown us over the years he is fairly prone to being a reactive idiot.


Funny...he's also shown us that he's a champion and knows how to run businesses.

I will never abide by any Magic hate from a Laker Fan...Magic loves the Lakers, is synonymous with the word Lakers, and has done more for this organization than any other single individual not named Dr. Jerry Buss.

i think it's a good idea to keep that in mind before calling him an idiot.


When Magic became team president, he forfeited his status as a sacred cow. If he does things that are stupid, he will get called out for it. It doesn't matter how much he loves the Lakers, or how much you think he has done for the Lakers in the past. Even if is becomes the butt of jokes as team president, people will still respect him for what he did as a player.


I disagree.

And I think there is a way to call him out without using lazy labels like idiot while still being respectful...

I do find it interesting the posters ready to defend their 1st Amendment rights without considering how it may make them look to this community in the process.

But why care about silly things like how we present ourselves...why should demonstrating self-respect by respecting those around us matter when I'm mad now because a team I like isn't playing well? I have a right to vent without consequence because 'the Internet' right?





Oh that LG guberment oppression
_________________
I believe that a triangle, if it could speak, would say that God is eminently triangular, and a circle that the divine nature is eminently circular; and thus would every one ascribe his own attributes to God. - Baruch Spinoza
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 128251
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:03 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
SD2Hollyweird wrote:
Magic has shown us over the years he is fairly prone to being a reactive idiot.


Funny...he's also shown us that he's a champion and knows how to run businesses.

I will never abide by any Magic hate from a Laker Fan...Magic loves the Lakers, is synonymous with the word Lakers, and has done more for this organization than any other single individual not named Dr. Jerry Buss.

i think it's a good idea to keep that in mind before calling him an idiot.


When Magic became team president, he forfeited his status as a sacred cow. If he does things that are stupid, he will get called out for it. It doesn't matter how much he loves the Lakers, or how much you think he has done for the Lakers in the past. Even if is becomes the butt of jokes as team president, people will still respect him for what he did as a player.


I disagree.

And I think there is a way to call him out without using lazy labels like idiot while still being respectful...

I do find it interesting the posters ready to defend their 1st Amendment rights without considering how it may make them look to this community in the process.

But why care about silly things like how we present ourselves...why should demonstrating self-respect by respecting those around us matter when I'm mad now because a team I like isn't playing well? I have a right to vent without consequence because 'the Internet' right?



You certainly don’t care about how Magic presented himself and showed disrespect to Luke so why start now? What Magic did comes from the “don’t do this” section of the people management handbook.
_________________
Happy 242nd birthday to the US Marine Corp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jun 2016
Posts: 1943

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:04 pm    Post subject:

SD2Hollyweird wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
SD2Hollyweird wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
SD2Hollyweird wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
You know what's a scary thought? Magic is a Laker fanatic like all of us, and he's doing what we like to do all the time, which is Monday morning QB'ing. Except, he actually has the power to make rash decisions. LOL!


Magic has shown us over the years he is fairly prone to being a reactive idiot.


Funny...he's also shown us that he's a champion and knows how to run businesses.

I will never abide by any Magic hate from a Laker Fan...Magic loves the Lakers, is synonymous with the word Lakers, and has done more for this organization than any other single individual not named Dr. Jerry Buss.

i think it's a good idea to keep that in mind before calling him an idiot.


Cool, good for you to keep in mind. I'll judge him on each of his actions (good and bad; wise and moronic - he has certainly performed a bevy of all) and leave the infallible idol worship to you. Deal?


got it...respect isn't your strong suit.

but by all means go ahead and continue to show this community who you are.


Respect??

Clearly, uncritical thought and obsequiousness is yours. Bless your heart.


those are big words...nice to know you're vocabulary extends beyond 'idiot'...we'll work on the rest in future sessions.

Thanks for the blessings.

Perhaps one day we can both be self-made idiots worth hundreds of millions of dollars and loved by the entire city of Los Angeles.
_________________
"This game's in the refrigerator. The door is closed, the lights are out. the eggs are coolin', the butter's gettin' hard and the jello's jigglin'."
- Chick, the One & Only
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
SD2Hollyweird
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 23 Jul 2018
Posts: 132
Location: 92115

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:06 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
SD2Hollyweird wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
SD2Hollyweird wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
SD2Hollyweird wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
You know what's a scary thought? Magic is a Laker fanatic like all of us, and he's doing what we like to do all the time, which is Monday morning QB'ing. Except, he actually has the power to make rash decisions. LOL!


Magic has shown us over the years he is fairly prone to being a reactive idiot.


Funny...he's also shown us that he's a champion and knows how to run businesses.

I will never abide by any Magic hate from a Laker Fan...Magic loves the Lakers, is synonymous with the word Lakers, and has done more for this organization than any other single individual not named Dr. Jerry Buss.

i think it's a good idea to keep that in mind before calling him an idiot.


Cool, good for you to keep in mind. I'll judge him on each of his actions (good and bad; wise and moronic - he has certainly performed a bevy of all) and leave the infallible idol worship to you. Deal?


got it...respect isn't your strong suit.

but by all means go ahead and continue to show this community who you are.


Respect??

Clearly, uncritical thought and obsequiousness is yours. Bless your heart.


those are big words...nice to know you're vocabulary extends beyond 'idiot'...we'll work on the rest in future sessions.

Thanks for the blessings.

Perhaps one day we can both be self-made idiots worth hundreds of millions of dollars and loved by the entire city of Los Angeles.



_________________
I believe that a triangle, if it could speak, would say that God is eminently triangular, and a circle that the divine nature is eminently circular; and thus would every one ascribe his own attributes to God. - Baruch Spinoza
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jun 2016
Posts: 1943

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:08 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
SD2Hollyweird wrote:
Magic has shown us over the years he is fairly prone to being a reactive idiot.


Funny...he's also shown us that he's a champion and knows how to run businesses.

I will never abide by any Magic hate from a Laker Fan...Magic loves the Lakers, is synonymous with the word Lakers, and has done more for this organization than any other single individual not named Dr. Jerry Buss.

i think it's a good idea to keep that in mind before calling him an idiot.


When Magic became team president, he forfeited his status as a sacred cow. If he does things that are stupid, he will get called out for it. It doesn't matter how much he loves the Lakers, or how much you think he has done for the Lakers in the past. Even if is becomes the butt of jokes as team president, people will still respect him for what he did as a player.


I disagree.

And I think there is a way to call him out without using lazy labels like idiot while still being respectful...

I do find it interesting the posters ready to defend their 1st Amendment rights without considering how it may make them look to this community in the process.

But why care about silly things like how we present ourselves...why should demonstrating self-respect by respecting those around us matter when I'm mad now because a team I like isn't playing well? I have a right to vent without consequence because 'the Internet' right?



You certainly don’t care about how Magic presented himself and showed disrespect to Luke so why start now? What Magic did comes from the “don’t do this” section of the people management handbook.


Where can I buy that handbook...because I think what you're saying is it's really just political correctness for personal image rather than focusing on the greater goal of winning games?

This must be sweet manna from heaven for you and the magic haters huh VLF?

Proof positive that he has no business leading this organization in spite of the myriad of positive moves he's made since taking over...

I wasn't at the meeting...I may have agreed with what he said and how he said it...I may not have...but I do know that as a fan...all I care about is the results.

Luke is going to be just fine...I'm sure he doesn't need a pity party.
_________________
"This game's in the refrigerator. The door is closed, the lights are out. the eggs are coolin', the butter's gettin' hard and the jello's jigglin'."
- Chick, the One & Only
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jun 2016
Posts: 1943

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:10 pm    Post subject:

SD2Hollyweird wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
SD2Hollyweird wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
SD2Hollyweird wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
SD2Hollyweird wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
You know what's a scary thought? Magic is a Laker fanatic like all of us, and he's doing what we like to do all the time, which is Monday morning QB'ing. Except, he actually has the power to make rash decisions. LOL!


Magic has shown us over the years he is fairly prone to being a reactive idiot.


Funny...he's also shown us that he's a champion and knows how to run businesses.

I will never abide by any Magic hate from a Laker Fan...Magic loves the Lakers, is synonymous with the word Lakers, and has done more for this organization than any other single individual not named Dr. Jerry Buss.

i think it's a good idea to keep that in mind before calling him an idiot.


Cool, good for you to keep in mind. I'll judge him on each of his actions (good and bad; wise and moronic - he has certainly performed a bevy of all) and leave the infallible idol worship to you. Deal?


got it...respect isn't your strong suit.

but by all means go ahead and continue to show this community who you are.


Respect??

Clearly, uncritical thought and obsequiousness is yours. Bless your heart.


those are big words...nice to know you're vocabulary extends beyond 'idiot'...we'll work on the rest in future sessions.

Thanks for the blessings.

Perhaps one day we can both be self-made idiots worth hundreds of millions of dollars and loved by the entire city of Los Angeles.




Try a couple of more emoticons...I think you need at least 5 to properly clown someone who disagrees with how you have conducted yourself here and win the adulation of LG posters.
_________________
"This game's in the refrigerator. The door is closed, the lights are out. the eggs are coolin', the butter's gettin' hard and the jello's jigglin'."
- Chick, the One & Only
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 21137

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
I disagree.

And I think there is a way to call him out without using lazy labels like idiot while still being respectful...

I do find it interesting the posters ready to defend their 1st Amendment rights without considering how it may make them look to this community in the process.

But why care about silly things like how we present ourselves...why should demonstrating self-respect by respecting those around us matter when I'm mad now because a team I like isn't playing well? I have a right to vent without consequence because 'the Internet' right?



I agree about throwing around words like “idiot.” I agree that some people come off poorly because they go way overboard venting their frustration or disappointment. However, if you are saying that everyone needs to be respectful to Magic because he loves the Lakers, etc., you’re likely to be disappointed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 17712
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject:

LG posters have called Lakers front office members idiots since Dr. Buss died.
RIP miss ya Dr. Buss
_________________
"The fundamental cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt" - Bertrand Russell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 82845
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:34 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
Judah wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Judah wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Judah wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
AshesToAshes wrote:
They support Luke, not his staff.

After these first games and assuming Luke's style is more supportive than holding people accountable and depending on feedback on his coaching staff; likely a good time to let Luke know he's also responsible for his staffs' performance.

Giving him some yelling and cursing would get him to walk out with a different perspective on how to manage/lead everyone below him or seriously think about making changes.

Magic might have a million dollar smile and public perception; but you better believe that is only allowed through his RESULTS. Without results he is no different than Kobe in relating to his team.

He has the perfect point of reference; himself. His best year playing was likely the year kobe almost left and right before we got Pau. He needs to find his own "luke" but not lose lebron in the process.

He has a few of those on this team. Just needs to realize he doesn't have a Pippen or Gasol yet. But enough to get results.


So for these last 2.5 yrs, Luke's been coaching the wrong way? Now, with Magic yelling at him, it's helped him to see the light and find his inner "Luke"? And now he's going to become a better coach?

It's like Magic had this secret weapon that he's been holding back. And now, he's finally using it - and it's going to transform Luke into this great coach.

Magic should just keep yelling at Luke until he becomes the next Pat Riley.

Yup. Just as he said, this was the way he lead as a player and it worked out pretty great. If it worked for him as a player it should definitely work for him as an executive as well, right? I mean, what could possibly go wrong?

But no, in all seriousness, it's good that Luke is such a low ego guy that also played with a guy like Kobe. It's been awhile, but he already knew what it felt like to be yelled at by a legend, so I doubt he was rattled by that little talk. Hopefully Magic will eventually wake up to the reality that he can get his point across without treating Luke (and others in the org) like some pip squeak who works for one of his businesses and can be easily replaced.

When he and Rob were brought on they all said that they wanted to operate as a committee like the Spurs do. But I can hardly imagine this sort of dynamic within the Spurs family. They seem way too professional for that. But if something of that nature ever happened it definitely wouldn't have gotten leaked to the media, that's for sure.


Funny...didn't KL get traded because of problems within the Fam?...and didn't all of it get leaked?

I was clearly referring to the inner workings of their FO, but sure, be desperate and reach for what you can in order to make your argument work.


Good luck to you kiddo...you have a lot to learn.

Being a geezer and being wise are not one and the same.


Neither is being young and ignorant...but it is interesting how both stereotypes seem to correlate more often than not as you continue to prove.


Ahem.
_________________
I guess I just miss my friend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 13081
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:35 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
LG posters have called Lakers front office members idiots since Dr. Buss died.
RIP miss ya Dr. Buss


It seems like everything went to (bleep) after JB died. Miss him.
_________________
SPEAK IT INTO EXISTENCE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 128251
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
kikanga wrote:
LG posters have called Lakers front office members idiots since Dr. Buss died.
RIP miss ya Dr. Buss


It seems like everything went to (bleep) after JB died. Miss him.


That was the fear when a successful businessman leaves that business to his children who didn’t earn it. Sometimes it works out but often it doesn’t.
_________________
Happy 242nd birthday to the US Marine Corp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 2906

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:04 pm    Post subject:

SD2Hollyweird wrote:


Clearly, uncritical thought and obsequiousness is yours. Bless your heart.


How many times have you used this word in your life?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBkFWwAtKKI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 May 2005
Posts: 1564

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:49 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
SD2Hollyweird wrote:


Clearly, uncritical thought and obsequiousness is yours. Bless your heart.


How many times have you used this word in your life?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBkFWwAtKKI


What is this? A Spelling Bee? Can you repeat the word, please?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 2906

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:02 pm    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
SD2Hollyweird wrote:


Clearly, uncritical thought and obsequiousness is yours. Bless your heart.


How many times have you used this word in your life?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBkFWwAtKKI


What is this? A Spelling Bee? Can you repeat the word, please?


Word Origin and History for obsequiousness
obsequious
adj.
late 15c., "prompt to serve,"

from Middle French obséquieux (15c.),

from Latin obsequiosus "compliant, obedient,"

from obsequium "compliance, dutiful service,"

from obsequi "to accommodate oneself to the will of another,"

from ob "after" (see ob-) + sequi "to follow" (see sequel).

Pejorative sense of "fawning, sycophantic" had emerged by 1590s.

Related: Obsequiously ; obsequiousness (mid-15c.).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Mar 2009
Posts: 3143

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
You know what's a scary thought? Magic is a Laker fanatic like all of us, and he's doing what we like to do all the time, which is Monday morning QB'ing. Except, he actually has the power to make rash decisions. LOL!


This is an accurate assessment of Magic. He was an awful talking head with a horrendous track record.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 16543

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject:

You can love Magic as a player and criticize him as a runner of the team.

Both go hand and hand. But not criticizing him cause "he was a Laker we all love" means you care more about the back of the jersey than the team name on the front.

Criticizing when Magic makes a bad decision that would potentially harm the franchise doesn't mean you dislike Magic, it means you care about The Lakers.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
trablos
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 May 2017
Posts: 1779

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:37 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
You know what's a scary thought? Magic is a Laker fanatic like all of us, and he's doing what we like to do all the time, which is Monday morning QB'ing. Except, he actually has the power to make rash decisions. LOL!


This is an accurate assessment of Magic. He was an awful talking head with a horrendous track record.

Like?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Apr 2006
Posts: 15304

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Magic really is bullet proof around here.
_________________
Music is my medicine
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Jul 2002
Posts: 1054

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:40 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
You know what's a scary thought? Magic is a Laker fanatic like all of us, and he's doing what we like to do all the time, which is Monday morning QB'ing. Except, he actually has the power to make rash decisions. LOL!


This is an accurate assessment of Magic. He was an awful talking head with a horrendous track record.


Magic's $600M net worth begs to differ.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
trablos
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 May 2017
Posts: 1779

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject:

A bunch of bickering like little children...the patience some of ya'll have is admirable.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 27 of 28
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB