*** Los Angeles Lakers @ Portland Trailblazers (11/3/18 ) ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63, 64  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 10099
Location: L.A County, 26 miles away from Staples Center

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Just as an aside we were fortunate Portland had an awful 3 point shooting night


They were fortunate in the first game, when we started 0-15 from 3.


Fwiw Ingram played pretty solid on CJ the whole game.

An Dame just got cold and had flashbacks of Rondo and the Pelicans last playoffs where they got swept.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
anth2000
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 4743
Location: Pasadena, CA

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject:

How do we beat Toronto?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 12 Jul 2018
Posts: 834

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
Surprisingly Zo didn't have the worst +/- tonight. Gramps Bron had a -22


Good observation....and?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 27242
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PhiberOptik wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Impressive resilience by the team when POR made there comeback.


Good sign. Growing pains definitely but games like this just improves the team chemistry.


Yep, Lakers stepped up on D when we needed it, LeBron is still a heck of a defensive player, that block was nasty.


Not going to be picky with a win at Portland. I don’t care how ugly it looks, we have been tormented enough with that place.


Refs ruined it that’s another major reason why the Blazers went on there run.


Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cirehawk
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jun 2005
Posts: 4617

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
cirehawk wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Hopefully Ingram got all of the sh*tty plays out of his system tonight... because he just couldn't do anything right except for that dunk.

Still believe in him.


I think folks being way over the top on him. Offensively he struggled but I saw a number of good defensive sequences by him.


BI's problem is he is just way too skinny and weak. Until he somehow gets stronger he will always be up and down.


He’s up and down now because he’s very young, go check the history of the league, young players are always up and down except for a few exceptions


Sure, part of it is youth. But he is too weak. He's not even strong enough to post up guards right now. He gets pushed off the block easily. He has skill, but until he gets stronger, he will be up and down.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Jun 2016
Posts: 2818

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:51 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Just as an aside we were fortunate Portland had an awful 3 point shooting night


They were fortunate in the first game, when we started 0-15 from 3.


Fwiw Ingram played pretty solid on CJ the whole game.

An Dame just got cold and had flashbacks of Rondo and the Pelicans last playoffs where they got swept.


I agree, he did. I also thought Zo played good D on Dame in the first half.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 10099
Location: L.A County, 26 miles away from Staples Center

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:52 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
Should win if Kawhi is out tomorrow


We should be able to win or compete with any damn team. Got the best player on the planet. (Damn that feels weird saying now since it's not Kobe I'm talking about )


Siakam and Kyle Lowry are Toronto's spark plugs. Danny Green plays really good defense so BI and Kuz just gotta keep attacking.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2002
Posts: 12408

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject:

A road win in Portland is always a 10.
_________________
Maginka is doing a good job.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 3579

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject:

PauPau wrote:
OCWA wrote:
Surprisingly Zo didn't have the worst +/- tonight. Gramps Bron had a -22


Good observation....and?


Just something that surprised me.


Last edited by OCWA on Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 12199

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject:

cirehawk wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
cirehawk wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Hopefully Ingram got all of the sh*tty plays out of his system tonight... because he just couldn't do anything right except for that dunk.

Still believe in him.


I think folks being way over the top on him. Offensively he struggled but I saw a number of good defensive sequences by him.


BI's problem is he is just way too skinny and weak. Until he somehow gets stronger he will always be up and down.


He’s up and down now because he’s very young, go check the history of the league, young players are always up and down except for a few exceptions


Sure, part of it is youth. But he is too weak. He's not even strong enough to post up guards right now. He gets pushed off the block easily. He has skill, but until he gets stronger, he will be up and down.


He’ll get stronger as he matures physically with age.
_________________
My Dream Starting 5 next Season

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cirehawk
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jun 2005
Posts: 4617

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
A road win in Portland is always a 10.


Preach!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Jun 2009
Posts: 8122
Location: SGV

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Tied for 9th in the conference
_________________
Only positivity from the point
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ibitegirls
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Dec 2011
Posts: 4157

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject:

The team is improving. People are trying to bring Zo and Ingram down with their agenda's, but what can ya do
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersfever714
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Jan 2016
Posts: 4795

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:55 pm    Post subject:

BI's length is actually a detriment to him on offense. When your limbs are long, it takes longer to move them around so it's a lot easier for defenders to swipe at the ball. He's just...clunky. And there's nothing he can do to change it. He is what he is.
_________________
Showtime Lakers are back!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 3579

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:55 pm    Post subject:

ibitegirls wrote:
The team is improving. People are trying to bring Zo and Ingram down with their agenda's, but what can ya do


We realistically could be 8-1 even with both Zo and BI not playing great.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 10099
Location: L.A County, 26 miles away from Staples Center

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:55 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
How do we beat Toronto?


Javale can't let Serge go off from mid range. Don't let Lowry catch fire from three. (Rondo please)

Luke needs to continue having solid matchups for their first and second unit. (I thought Luke's rotation's were actually solid tonight)

Lebron needs to stop with the experiments of seeing if the young fellas can come through. Just dominate it's too damn easy for him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cirehawk
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jun 2005
Posts: 4617

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
cirehawk wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
cirehawk wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Hopefully Ingram got all of the sh*tty plays out of his system tonight... because he just couldn't do anything right except for that dunk.

Still believe in him.


I think folks being way over the top on him. Offensively he struggled but I saw a number of good defensive sequences by him.


BI's problem is he is just way too skinny and weak. Until he somehow gets stronger he will always be up and down.


He’s up and down now because he’s very young, go check the history of the league, young players are always up and down except for a few exceptions


Sure, part of it is youth. But he is too weak. He's not even strong enough to post up guards right now. He gets pushed off the block easily. He has skill, but until he gets stronger, he will be up and down.


He’ll get stronger as he matures physically with age.


And I'm not disputing that. All I said is that at this moment he is too weak, so he will struggle at times. Is that not a true statement? You think I'm attacking BI when I'm just giving an explanation for some of his struggles.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 10099
Location: L.A County, 26 miles away from Staples Center

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
A road win in Portland is always a 10.



https://media.giphy.com/media/aq5y9pmdYB2Ny/giphy.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
greek laker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 06 Dec 2017
Posts: 565

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:57 pm    Post subject:

this is a turning point win. With that tough schedule, we are up there with teams like okc, hou, jazz, pelicans.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Nov 2012
Posts: 16327

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:57 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Just as an aside we were fortunate Portland had an awful 3 point shooting night


Luke said they did a great job of getting out on their shooters Portland was 6-35 from 3 and I'd say maybe 5 were even moderately contested. They need to get a lot better at that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cirehawk
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jun 2005
Posts: 4617

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:58 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
BI's length is actually a detriment to him on offense. When your limbs are long, it takes longer to move them around so it's a lot easier for defenders to swipe at the ball. He's just...clunky. And there's nothing he can do to change it. He is what he is.


Huh? Length doesn't seem too affect KD. BI is clunky because he isn't strong enough right now. When he gets stronger he will be fine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Trevacious2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 14 Jun 2017
Posts: 149

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:58 pm    Post subject:

“Lakers — Win The Game!” Sorry I missed all the fun and the angst and the victory, but this is the happy news to make my night. Now for some highlights and QFTOS to cap it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 10099
Location: L.A County, 26 miles away from Staples Center

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:58 pm    Post subject:

feels damn good

Last edited by KingKobe20 on Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:02 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Feb 2011
Posts: 6046
Location: Studio City

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Nuggets only L is vs the Lakers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Sep 2008
Posts: 18413
Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
A road win in Portland is always a 10.


Yep. I live in Portland. And for years I've had to put up with (bleep) after every Laker game.

For once my Lakers finally beat the Blazers up here. Second game here. Only 9 games in. For the rest of this entire season, I've got something to hold over Laker haters at the office.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 62 of 64
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB