OFFICIAL TYSON CHANDLER THREAD — (Controlling the Boards, Shoring up the D)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 21519
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
JeezyXVII wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Judah wrote:
He's exactly what we needed. Exactly. This acquisition was definitely a game-changer. They should seriously just waive Zubac and sign a shooter. Not that the shooting issues of the team would be solved automatically by doing so, but it's the last area that still needs to be shored up in a significant way.


I’m afraid the team might listen to you and waive Zu by bringing in LeBron’s former teammate J.R. Smith


Waive 1 of Beasley, Jwill or Zu and sign Swaggy P.
Definietly a hard team to beat come June if we add 1 good shooter.


I would rather have Nick Young then JR, all those down years where he was trying to lead us to wins was pretty cool, definitely would love to see him win a title with the Lakers.

I rather test our luck with Svi. If we give him more consistent playing time I have no doubt he will find his shooting stroke and hit at just a good a percentage rate as nick young while already being a better defender than him and better/willing passer.


Svi will be a solid player but we need guys who can help us now, Svi still needs to get used to the NBA game conditions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 4869
Location: Oceanside Ca

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
If we had Tyson from game 1, I think we would easily be 8-3.


I doubt it would be that big of a swing. You could convince me that we'd be above .500 though.


Losses:

Portland: their bigs destroyed our guys on the glass. Collins looked like Hakeem out there.

Rox: weird game, but probably no effect.

Spurs (2 games): we win. LMA isn't fouling out our frontline and bullying them.

TWolves: KAT murdered us inside. As we saw with Tyson, KAT is neutred. We win that IMO.

Toronto: nothing could have been done.

So I would say 4 games we would have won with a better center at backup. So that's 9-2, maybe 8-3.



I agree


KAT in first meeting
32min 16reb 6asis 25pts
KAT yesterday 3xd
39min 9reb 1asis 13pts
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 94749
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:00 am    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
If we had Tyson from game 1, I think we would easily be 8-3.


I doubt it would be that big of a swing. You could convince me that we'd be above .500 though.


Losses:

Portland: their bigs destroyed our guys on the glass. Collins looked like Hakeem out there.

Rox: weird game, but probably no effect.

Spurs (2 games): we win. LMA isn't fouling out our frontline and bullying them.

TWolves: KAT murdered us inside. As we saw with Tyson, KAT is neutred. We win that IMO.

Toronto: nothing could have been done.

So I would say 4 games we would have won with a better center at backup. So that's 9-2, maybe 8-3.



I agree


KAT in first meeting
32min 16reb 6asis 25pts
KAT yesterday 3xd
39min 9reb 1asis 13pts


I think you and I have been Team Tyson for a minute. I just thought it would be February!
_________________
RIP LM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Sep 2008
Posts: 11808

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Told y’all that Tyson would be worth it.


I'm surprised anyone would doubt this. He fills one of the biggest holes this team had.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 6254

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject:

Quote:
There's one working theory of why the Suns granted Chandler the buyout now instead of in February or March when the traditional wave of buyouts occur: Phoenix interim GM James Jones was a longtime teammate of LeBron's in Miami and Cleveland.

"James did LeBron a solid," a league source told ESPN.

When presented with the claim, LeBron said it was really Chandler who benefited the most.

"He deserves all the credit," he told ESPN of Jones. "He was very instrumental. He did right by Tyson as a veteran."

He then added more praise on Jones, whom he once called his "favorite player of all time" by telling ESPN that whenever he owns an NBA team down the line, he is saving a spot for Jones in his front office.

"I told him he needs an opt-out clause wherever he's at," James said with a smile.


http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25212412/tyson-chandler-makes-immediate-impact-los-angeles-lakers-debut
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Jul 2014
Posts: 1449

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:15 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
If we had Tyson from game 1, I think we would easily be 8-3.


I doubt it would be that big of a swing. You could convince me that we'd be above .500 though.


Losses:

Portland: their bigs destroyed our guys on the glass. Collins looked like Hakeem out there.

Rox: weird game, but probably no effect.

Spurs (2 games): we win. LMA isn't fouling out our frontline and bullying them.

TWolves: KAT murdered us inside. As we saw with Tyson, KAT is neutred. We win that IMO.

Toronto: nothing could have been done.

So I would say 4 games we would have won with a better center at backup. So that's 9-2, maybe 8-3.



I agree


KAT in first meeting
32min 16reb 6asis 25pts
KAT yesterday 3xd
39min 9reb 1asis 13pts


I think you and I have been Team Tyson for a minute. I just thought it would be February!


Completely agree with your analysis.

The 1st game in Portland was within reach and with a backup 5, we could have put them away. We lost by 9 and got outrebounded by 9.

2 games vs SAS should have been ours. 1st time we had 15 turnovers in a 1 pt loss and 2nd time, 54 points in the paint but with Tyson, no way LMA put on a clinic in the paint like he did.

@ Minny, the signs were out on us KAT was destroying us inside like LMA.

Our season started last night, Out of 72, instead of 82.
44-28 from here on out. 🤘🏼🤘🏼
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 9512

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:

KAT in first meeting
32min 16reb 6asis 25pts
KAT yesterday 3xd
39min 9reb 1asis 13pts


McGee: 14pts 4 reb
Tyson: 2pts 9 reb

Towns was 1-of-7 when Chandler was the primary defender, according to the NBA’s Second Spectrum tracking stats


Last edited by governator on Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 94749
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Told y’all that Tyson would be worth it.


I'm surprised anyone would doubt this. He fills one of the biggest holes this team had.


Oh, there were quite a few who thought Tyson was completely washed up.

Put him in the backup role and boom, we bolstered our biggest weakness.
_________________
RIP LM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 4869
Location: Oceanside Ca

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:51 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
If we had Tyson from game 1, I think we would easily be 8-3.


I doubt it would be that big of a swing. You could convince me that we'd be above .500 though.


Losses:

Portland: their bigs destroyed our guys on the glass. Collins looked like Hakeem out there.

Rox: weird game, but probably no effect.

Spurs (2 games): we win. LMA isn't fouling out our frontline and bullying them.

TWolves: KAT murdered us inside. As we saw with Tyson, KAT is neutred. We win that IMO.

Toronto: nothing could have been done.

So I would say 4 games we would have won with a better center at backup. So that's 9-2, maybe 8-3.



I agree


KAT in first meeting
32min 16reb 6asis 25pts
KAT yesterday 3xd
39min 9reb 1asis 13pts


I think you and I have been Team Tyson for a minute. I just thought it would be February!



Yes Sir!!!

He is great at what we were missing from this team. I couldn't understand how he could not help us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 5884
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
There's one working theory of why the Suns granted Chandler the buyout now instead of in February or March when the traditional wave of buyouts occur: Phoenix interim GM James Jones was a longtime teammate of LeBron's in Miami and Cleveland.

"James did LeBron a solid," a league source told ESPN.

When presented with the claim, LeBron said it was really Chandler who benefited the most.

"He deserves all the credit," he told ESPN of Jones. "He was very instrumental. He did right by Tyson as a veteran."

He then added more praise on Jones, whom he once called his "favorite player of all time" by telling ESPN that whenever he owns an NBA team down the line, he is saving a spot for Jones in his front office.

"I told him he needs an opt-out clause wherever he's at," James said with a smile.


http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25212412/tyson-chandler-makes-immediate-impact-los-angeles-lakers-debut


They’ve been on family vacations together. I’m all about back channeling rumors, and I felt the Lakers were holding out for Tyson all along, but this story is gold! Who else can we get from Phoenix? 😝
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 32543

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject:

Game ball to Tyson Chandler!
Excellent first game as a Laker.
After a few days rest he should be ready to log another 10-20 minutes against the Sacto Kings.


Tyson Chandler's rebounding presence proves to be difference in Lakers' victory over Timberwolves LA Times

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-lakers-timberwolves-20181107-story.html
_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 21519
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Game ball to Tyson Chandler!
Excellent first game as a Laker.
After a few days rest he should be ready to log another 10-20 minutes against the Sacto Kings.


Tyson Chandler's rebounding presence proves to be difference in Lakers' victory over Timberwolves LA Times

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-lakers-timberwolves-20181107-story.html


If he can give problems to a stud like Towns, I can just imagine how hard WCS will need to work if Chandler is in the game, his arrival has set a new sense of confidence on the team, like Pau in 08, but without the star stats.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 4869
Location: Oceanside Ca

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject:

Another thing that he will bring is that teams will worry about him rebounding, that will force two people to try and box him out and allow Ball or Hart to get easier rebounds.

Last edited by noahp45 on Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker7
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Feb 2003
Posts: 5588
Location: Past left field

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject:

Minnesota shot 4-for-13 (30.8 percent) with Chandler as the primary defender, according to research compiled by ESPN Stats & Information. He was particularly effective against the Wolves' budding star, Karl-Anthony Towns, who was 0-for-6 against him. In the 23 minutes he played, L.A.'s defense gave up only 47 points. In the 25 minutes he rested, L.A. gave up 63.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25212412/tyson-chandler-makes-immediate-impact-los-angeles-lakers-debut
_________________
Rest in peace ODB (Old Doc Buss)!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
anth2000
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 3858
Location: Pasadena, CA

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject:

Yes, people said he was washed up that had no clue about his playing ability.


yinoma2001 wrote:
KBH wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Told y’all that Tyson would be worth it.


I'm surprised anyone would doubt this. He fills one of the biggest holes this team had.


Oh, there were quite a few who thought Tyson was completely washed up.

Put him in the backup role and boom, we bolstered our biggest weakness.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KungPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 725

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
There's one working theory of why the Suns granted Chandler the buyout now instead of in February or March when the traditional wave of buyouts occur: Phoenix interim GM James Jones was a longtime teammate of LeBron's in Miami and Cleveland.

"James did LeBron a solid," a league source told ESPN.

When presented with the claim, LeBron said it was really Chandler who benefited the most.

"He deserves all the credit," he told ESPN of Jones. "He was very instrumental. He did right by Tyson as a veteran."

He then added more praise on Jones, whom he once called his "favorite player of all time" by telling ESPN that whenever he owns an NBA team down the line, he is saving a spot for Jones in his front office.

"I told him he needs an opt-out clause wherever he's at," James said with a smile.


http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25212412/tyson-chandler-makes-immediate-impact-los-angeles-lakers-debut


I always liked that James Jones hire.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 94749
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:12 am    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
Another thing that he will bring is that teams will worry about him rebounding, that will force two people to try and box him out and allow Ball or Hart to get easier rebounds.


Yeah. JaVale skys for rebounds and gets them via his insane hops/length.

Tyson gets it by boxing out (and will let others get it via that way too).
_________________
RIP LM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jesusdelonla
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jan 2018
Posts: 4119

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:13 am    Post subject:

KAT went o-6 when guarded by tyson chandler earlier in the game
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GoldenThroat
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 36834

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject:

Video: Tyson Chandler shines in Lakers debut

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/11/8/18076004/laker-film-room-tyson-chandler-shines-lakers-debut-stats-video-breakdown-youtube-karl-anthony-towns
_________________
Sign up for The Athletic through this link to get 40% off your first year's subscription: LINK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KingKobe20
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 9371
Location: L.A County, 26 miles away from Staples Center

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
KAT went o-6 when guarded by tyson chandler earlier in the game



BODY HIM!!!
https://twitter.com/LakerFilmRoom/status/1060433114080534528?s=20

😈😈😈
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 9512

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:35 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
TYSON MANDLER
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 6254

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject:

KungPau wrote:

I always liked that James Jones hire.


Looks like he will have a job in the Lakers FO when Lebron is part owner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Jul 2014
Posts: 2318

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

KAT in first meeting
32min 16reb 6asis 25pts
KAT yesterday 3xd
39min 9reb 1asis 13pts


McGee: 14pts 4 reb
Tyson: 2pts 9 reb

Towns was 1-of-7 when Chandler was the primary defender, according to the NBA’s Second Spectrum tracking stats


That's a great stat....Chandler will end up being a key acquisition as we move forward. Like previously mentioned LMA would have never gone off like he did against us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 94749
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject:

You want to build a wall?

Tyson was a wall last night.
_________________
RIP LM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 21519
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
You want to build a wall?

Tyson was a wall last night.


I have watched a lot of KAT games and don’t think any guy guarding him as ever held him to 0-6 shooting, even bigs who give problems defensively have never done a good of a job like Chandler did last night, that’s not to say bigs won’t have there way against him, but if we make a deep run this year it will because Chandler is getting it done.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 23 of 30
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB