OFFICIAL TYSON CHANDLER THREAD — (Controlling the Boards, Shoring up the D)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 4869
Location: Oceanside Ca

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject:

That run out on Rose was nice. And the back taps to get us another possession.

I remember all last year I was mad at all of the close games we lost because we didn't have a closer. We got Bron I was all excited, And we still keep losing close games.

How crazy is it we won a close game because a guy we signed 12 hours before?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Posts: 18565
Location: La Jolla, San Diego

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
That run out on Rose was nice. And the back taps to get us another possession.

I remember all last year I was mad at all of the close games we lost because we didn't have a closer. We got Bron I was all excited, And we still keep losing close games.

How crazy is it we won a close game because a guy we signed 12 hours before?


That was scary because Tyson was late with the switch, which is the reason Rose got the shot off, but he made up ground fairly quickly and even gave Rose a high five, which the refs rightfully didn't call.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
55
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 11471

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
That run out on Rose was nice. And the back taps to get us another possession.

I remember all last year I was mad at all of the close games we lost because we didn't have a closer. We got Bron I was all excited, And we still keep losing close games.

How crazy is it we won a close game because a guy we signed 12 hours before?


It's reality. His experience allowed him to push KAT away for that back-tap.
None of our other centers would've done that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Jun 2009
Posts: 7438
Location: SGV

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Any other former DPOYs we can get?
_________________
The King is Here 👑

Season Predictions:

Regular Season Record: 55-27
MVP: Lebron James
MIP: Brandon Ingram
6MOTY: Kyle Kuzma

2019 NBA Champions - Greatest Playoff Run of All Time

"Lakers didn't grab me"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker's Fan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2002
Posts: 8036

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:02 pm    Post subject:

Tyson is t he veteran defensive captain we needed. It goes beyond filling a gap in the rotation. We lacked any kind of defensive identity and Chandler is going to energize us on that side of the ball. I think you'll see several of our guys start to play with more energy and focus on defense, hopefully including LeBron.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 94749
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Tyson will easily captain our 2nd unit's defense and will hopefully light a fire under guys like Kuz and even LBJ.
_________________
RIP LM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
sourcents
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 25 May 2010
Posts: 869

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:05 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
Any other former DPOYs we can get?


Panda's Friend
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MIMLaker
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2001
Posts: 9644
Location: Los Angeles/ Alhambra, CA

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Haven't seen a backup center come in off the street and make an impact like that since Mychal Thompson back in mid-season 1987. Nice way to start off, TC.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 21519
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject:

MIMLaker wrote:
Haven't seen a backup center come in off the street and make an impact like that since Mychal Thompson back in mid-season 1987. Nice way to start off, TC.


He’s like our AC Green during our 2000 championship run.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Mar 2017
Posts: 1508

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
That run out on Rose was nice. And the back taps to get us another possession.

I remember all last year I was mad at all of the close games we lost because we didn't have a closer. We got Bron I was all excited, And we still keep losing close games.

How crazy is it we won a close game because a guy we signed 12 hours before?


His defensive awareness is better than McGee. Our team need to recognize that when they set picks to Ingram, they are setting screens to take Ingram out of the play. They rarely roll so a big must switch . Tyson was a little bit late but he was still there to contest it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 60043
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:55 pm    Post subject:

http://bball-index.com/chandlers-game-key-to-winning/

Can't wait to see Chandler do this all season.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.
Jarrett Culver, Ky Bowman, Jontay Porter, Bruno Fernando, Shamorie Ponds, Miye Oni, Jalen Hudson, Lindell Wigginton, PJ Washington, Matisse Thybulle, Cam Johnson, Carson Edwards, Lugentz Dort, Admiral Schofield @bball-index
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mamba Mentality
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 04 May 2017
Posts: 576

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
http://bball-index.com/chandlers-game-key-to-winning/

Can't wait to see Chandler do this all season.


This is exactly what I was hoping for when we signed him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 60043
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
http://bball-index.com/chandlers-game-key-to-winning/

Can't wait to see Chandler do this all season.


This is exactly what I was hoping for when we signed him.


Same. When I found out he was being picked up, I said on twitter, that I didn't care if he was ground bound, as long as he did what I addressed.

He did that all last night and I loved it.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.
Jarrett Culver, Ky Bowman, Jontay Porter, Bruno Fernando, Shamorie Ponds, Miye Oni, Jalen Hudson, Lindell Wigginton, PJ Washington, Matisse Thybulle, Cam Johnson, Carson Edwards, Lugentz Dort, Admiral Schofield @bball-index
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
anth2000
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 3858
Location: Pasadena, CA

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject:

Sorry, I knew he would provide something good.
People acted like he was washed up and couldn't provide anything.
Obviously never watched the guy play before...

He needed a good change of scenery and got it.

Welcome Tyson.

Won't be the last time he helps us win a game like he did last nigh.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
anth2000
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 3858
Location: Pasadena, CA

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject:

Sorry, I knew he would provide something good.
People acted like he was washed up and couldn't provide anything.
Obviously never watched the guy play before...

He needed a good change of scenery and got it.

Welcome Tyson.

Won't be the last time he helps us win a game like he did last nigh.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mamba Mentality
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 04 May 2017
Posts: 576

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
http://bball-index.com/chandlers-game-key-to-winning/

Can't wait to see Chandler do this all season.


This is exactly what I was hoping for when we signed him.


Same. When I found out he was being picked up, I said on twitter, that I didn't care if he was ground bound, as long as he did what I addressed.

He did that all last night and I loved it.


Being a Lakers fan, we never experienced growing pains like we have these past 5 years. So unbelievable that I myself have taken these valuable fundamentals for granted when watching our great teams throughout the decades.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 60043
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:34 pm    Post subject:

^I'm at a weird point in my fandom, where I don't care about most dunks, but I do care about screening, PnR spacing between ball-handler and screener, shot release times, and guys that can play slow motion and can keep a defense off balance like Doncic. So weird.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.
Jarrett Culver, Ky Bowman, Jontay Porter, Bruno Fernando, Shamorie Ponds, Miye Oni, Jalen Hudson, Lindell Wigginton, PJ Washington, Matisse Thybulle, Cam Johnson, Carson Edwards, Lugentz Dort, Admiral Schofield @bball-index
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Judah
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2015
Posts: 3949

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Tyson is t he veteran defensive captain we needed. It goes beyond filling a gap in the rotation. We lacked any kind of defensive identity and Chandler is going to energize us on that side of the ball. I think you'll see several of our guys start to play with more energy and focus on defense, hopefully including LeBron.


_________________
“Christ did not die to forgive sinners who go on treasuring anything above seeing and savoring God. And people who would be happy in heaven if Christ were not there, will not be there."
- John Piper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 21519
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Tyson is t he veteran defensive captain we needed. It goes beyond filling a gap in the rotation. We lacked any kind of defensive identity and Chandler is going to energize us on that side of the ball. I think you'll see several of our guys start to play with more energy and focus on defense, hopefully including LeBron.



Double
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 32543

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject:

Tyson made his presence known in this game. I hope there is more to come!
He rebounded well, set good screens and played solid interior defense.

KAT went 0-6 from the field with a turnover when Chandler was guarding him.

Tyson's hustle and smarts garnered us two or three extra possessions in crunch time that helped seal the win.
_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 Dec 2008
Posts: 6603

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:40 pm    Post subject:

This cat won me over with just one game.

How many guys have been able to do that in the P&G?

If he stays healthy we are going to rock.
_________________
"Keep looking at me like that and I'll turn Suplex City into Mizney World."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Dec 2003
Posts: 1032

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:21 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Sorry, I knew he would provide something good.
People acted like he was washed up and couldn't provide anything.
Obviously never watched the guy play before...

He needed a good change of scenery and got it.

Welcome Tyson.

Won't be the last time he helps us win a game like he did last nigh.


I'll just react to this one, because I am one of the people who think he was washed up, and I don't understand why you think you have to act like people who don't think like you "never watched the guy play"... Have you always been right on all the basketball takes you make ? When you're wrong, does it mean that you don't watch or know the game ? I'd be curious anyway to know how many Suns games (besides the games against the Lakers) you've seen last year ? Because in the few games I saw, he looked washed up. Ask ANY Suns fan what he thinks about him the last 2 years, and nobody will say he was an amazing vet. So it's cool that you (and others) anticipated his trade to the Lakers would rejuvenate him, I'm glad if it did (I say "if" because it was still only one game, let's hope he provides the same energy and defense for the rest of the season), but don't assume you know more about basketball are watch more games than others because on ONE take you were right and they were wrong. Show some modesty. Thank you.

[/rant]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Jul 2002
Posts: 1054

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:31 am    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
http://bball-index.com/chandlers-game-key-to-winning/

Can't wait to see Chandler do this all season.


This is exactly what I was hoping for when we signed him.


Same. When I found out he was being picked up, I said on twitter, that I didn't care if he was ground bound, as long as he did what I addressed.

He did that all last night and I loved it.


Being a Lakers fan, we never experienced growing pains like we have these past 5 years. So unbelievable that I myself have taken these valuable fundamentals for granted when watching our great teams throughout the decades.


It is great to see Chandler doing all this. But these are things (boxing out, setting effective screens, shooter closeout) that the other Lakers should be doing all the time, but they aren't and that's why the contrast is so stark.

This type of play needs to rub off on the other Lakers. I don't care whose responsibility it is to make it happen but it will be a long frustrating season if it does not. It isn't enough for just one player to play right, it has to be a team mentality.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 22295

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:02 am    Post subject:

Wow, now this is interesting. Wonder how much meat there is to this.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2805186-magic-johnson-lakers-learning-quickly-who-runs-lebrons-teams

Quote:
Typically, the NBA buyout market doesn't heat up until the February trade deadline. In Chandler's case with the Phoenix Suns, that would've been the expected timeline. The ship had long since sailed on the idea that Chandler would be a part of any sort of championship pursuit in Phoenix, but at least he could serve as a role model and mentor to No. 1 overall pick DeAndre Ayton.

And that was the plan…until LeBron called in a favor.

It's no coincidence that the facilitator was Suns vice president of basketball operations James Jones, a close friend and longtime teammate of James.

"They could have bought him out at the trade deadline and gotten great leadership and mentoring for two-thirds of the season," a rival executive told B/R. "But LeBron wanted him now."

Usually, LeBron gets what LeBron wants. It's a privilege he's earned. It's also something that everyone in Lakerland must understand.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 94749
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:06 am    Post subject:

Nice. Can LBJ ask for Ariza next?
_________________
RIP LM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 24 of 30
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB