Will the Lakers make the finals this year?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Finals yes no
yes
26%
 26%  [ 20 ]
no
73%
 73%  [ 56 ]
Total Votes : 76

Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:05 pm    Post subject: Will the Lakers make the finals this year?

???
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:18 pm    Post subject:

should have an "F" No...!
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject:

diando wrote:

Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:52 pm    Post subject:

I made it
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:59 am    Post subject:

the finals of what???
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:25 am    Post subject:

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:16 am    Post subject:

U got insider info of a trade we don't know about?
eznoh
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:56 am    Post subject:

Did you mean playoffs? Outside chance.

Mike
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:28 am    Post subject:

LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:29 am    Post subject:

At this stage, I just want to make the playoffs.

Finals (Both WC and NBA) is out of the picture until the Lakers get a 2nd Max FA and some of the young core start showing all-star type production.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:45 am    Post subject:

Why not? Especially if you mean the WCF.

Need to improve significantly in several areas, especially on defense! But this is deep roster with intriguing potential. It has only been 10 games and have been competitive in every game with the exception of the first quarter Toronto debacle. I'm willing to mark that down as an aberration and learning moment for starting games focused and with effort.

They start playing to that potential and I can still see them making the playoffs and depending on the matchups winning a couple series to earn a WCF spot. Don't see them getting past GS or any team playing well enough to beat them.

Still 70 games to find the right chemistry and roles with a revamped roster. Not ready to think they can't do it just yet.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject:

No.
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:01 am    Post subject:

The NBA broke their own league by not demanding the cap smoothing three years ago. That allowed the best team in the league to acquire the best player (Durant) in the league for free, something unprecedented and will most assuredly never happen again. Golden State was gifted / guaranteed the championship for the next several years as a result.

The league is broke and the other 29 teams can't do a thing about it. So no, the Lakers will not be in the finals (barring some freak incident or injury to the Warriors), as the championships are being handed over to the Warriors until that team decides to split.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:12 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
diando wrote:
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:24 am    Post subject:

No, but more to the point, does anyone really see this Laker team shooting well enough to win four games in a playoff series next Spring ? There's not much so far to suggest they can win a first playoff series, and that's if they qualify.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:28 am    Post subject:

70sdude wrote:
No, but more to the point, does anyone really see this Laker team shooting well enough to win four games in a playoff series next Spring ? There's not much so far to suggest they can win a first playoff series, and that's if they qualify.

Yes I do. Shooting isn’t the issue, defense is. Shooting doesn’t cure all as many seem to think. We’re already an above average offense with some of our perceived better shooters not making shots and without a half court system in place. Not to mention we have a guy named LeBron who will make you an effective offense anytime he chooses. The problems are defense and rebounding, I think they’ll get fixed to a degree. WCF is still an achievable goal IMO.

Did you guys expect the first ten games to go that much better than they have?
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject:

See my sig
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject:

Yes we will, Magic and Rob will make a big move at some point to give this team a chance in the playoffs.
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Yes we will, Magic and Rob will make a big move at some point to give this team a chance in the playoffs.

God I hope not! What a complete fail if they derail every good decision they've made up to this point, only to throw it all away in one knee-jerk reactive move.

Stay the course. Make the playoffs. Get ousted in the second round. Fill that max contract without giving up any of our valuable assets. Then reassess and make a move at that point. Don't do it now prematurely.

That max contract slot means everything. If we jump the gun and trade a player into it, we have failed. It means that we gave away D'Angelo Russell for nothing. It means that we are paying Loul Deng for an additional two years for nothing. It means that we let a potential all-star in Julius Randle walk for nothing.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject:

Big Game James wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

God I hope not! What a complete fail if they derail every good decision they've made up to this point, only to throw it all away in one knee-jerk reactive move.

Stay the course. Make the playoffs. Get ousted in the second round. Fill that max contract without giving up any of our valuable assets. Then reassess and make a move at that point. Don't do it now prematurely.

That max contract slot means everything. If we jump the gun and trade a player into it, we have failed. It means that we gave away D'Angelo Russell for nothing. It means that we are paying Loul Deng for an additional two years for nothing. It means that we let a potential all-star in Julius Randle walk for nothing.

I completely agree with you and I feel like if the lakers don't start chaining some wins (bleep) is going to start happening real soon.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:24 am    Post subject:

Yes. And win.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:25 am    Post subject:

Vin wrote:
Big Game James wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I completely agree with you and I feel like if the lakers don't start chaining some wins (bleep) is going to start happening real soon.

They have a very easy 7 game stretch coming up. If they can go 5-2, they get to 9-8 which I believe is the same record as Lebrons first year in Miami. That would quiet a lot of the criticism.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject:

Vin wrote:
Big Game James wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Obviously, you have to be open to any possibilities, but it's hard to imagine a trade possibility that would justify throwing out the strategy they developed. I'm not sold the strategy will work, but they've already laid down their bet.
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Vin wrote:
Big Game James wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Obviously, you have to be open to any possibilities, but it's hard to imagine a trade possibility that would justify throwing out the strategy they developed. I'm not sold the strategy will work, but they've already laid down their bet.

Even with the best possibility I would have a very hard time detouring from this plan. Let's say Anthony Davis is made available. I would still want to wait until next offseason to put Kawhi, Durant or Klay into that max slot. THEN I would trade away Ingram + (whatever) to get Anthony Davis.

Walk into the 2019 season with a real three-headed monster instead of an aging Lebron and Anthony Davis + a stripped down team which we sold off to get Davis.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: