Lakers have the same record as Foston
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:14 am    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
GTL wrote:
Recently read an article by a Celtics homer talking about how Jayson Tatum ruined his game by training with Kobe this summer, and how he, along with other players, should “keep away from Kobe” if they want to become better players. Literally the biggest pile of crap I’ve read in years. Yup, 5 championships and 7 finals in 10 years in the grueling west while the Celtics have won 1 in the past 30 years. Basically reminded me why I dislike them and their fan base as much as I do (Not that I had fully forgotten).

Where did you read this? I mean, a legitimate source, for a local news outlet back there?? Or some internet nobody? I am a bit surprised by their poor start, not sure what their problems are, haven't spent any time watching them. Would love to see them take a nose dive but doubt it will happen.

It’s a website for a popular radio station over in Mass, so local news outlet, but fairly popular in their state. I won’t give them the pleasure of posting the link here, but you can PM me if you want it.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:19 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
@Portland win just keeps looking better and better.

I think the only two teams to win there so far are the Lakers and Wizards. They probably overlooked the wizards...we know Blazers never overlook the Lakers.

It helps when you have played 9 home games and only 4 road games like the Blazers have.

No doubt. Just an impressive win imo because it’s a tough arena. Hopefully Lakers start the Blazers on a little road losing streak to even out their early season homecooking.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject:

lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
BUCK FOSTON!

Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject:

"let that sink in"

When someone tells you to do this it's usually a sign that you shouldn't do this
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers have the same record as Foston

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Let that sink in, they were 1 of the teams favored to make the finals.

Yup and the Kings, one of the teams favored for the top pick in the draft has the same record as the Celtics, favored to make the finals

Let that sink in
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:28 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
Recently read an article by a Celtics homer talking about how Jayson Tatum ruined his game by training with Kobe this summer, and how he, along with other players, should “keep away from Kobe” if they want to become better players. Literally the biggest pile of crap I’ve read in years. Yup, 5 championships and 7 finals in 10 years in the grueling west while the Celtics have won 1 in the past 30 years. Basically reminded me why I dislike them and their fan base as much as I do (Not that I had fully forgotten).

I can see where they are coming from. Having a mamba mentality w/o mamba talent is dangerous
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
GTL wrote:

I can see where they are coming from. Having a mamba mentality w/o mamba talent is dangerous

YES! Perfectly said
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers have the same record as Foston

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Yup and the Kings, one of the teams favored for the top pick in the draft has the same record as the Celtics, favored to make the finals

Let that sink in

You already know the Kings are overachieving they have no bearing on our potential as a team.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers have the same record as Foston

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Let that sink in

You already know the Kings are overachieving they have no bearing on our potential as a team.

I never compared them to us. I compared them to the Celtics. Same record. (7-6)

Let that sink in
CalisFinest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Quietly 7-3 the last 10 games, it's felt like a rollercoaster.
Hellspawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
GTL wrote:

YES! Perfectly said

Indeed. Westbrook is closest thing to Kobe right now, judging both with the eye test and from Kobe's own mouth. And you can see by his lack of success that even with his talent level, the Mamba Mentality isn't helping him.

The game is completely now, and Kobe would have had to adjust his game to evolve with the new rules.

Westbrook is still stuck on Mamba Mentality 1.0, when Mamba Mentality 2.0 requires increased efficiency to go along with obsessive dedication and an insatiable competitive drive.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject:

BI is another player with wanna be Mamba Mentality without the talent.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: