Will "Hack-A-PG" Be a Thing???

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject: Will "Hack-A-PG" Be a Thing???

Rondo and Lonzo can't make a free throw.

(hey it rhymes)
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject:

Yes, unless Luke did what he did in the last game where instead of going with Lonzo/Rondo at the PG spot, he subbed in Hart to play PF and had Ingram as the PG instead to close the game.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Yes, unless Luke did what he did in the last game where instead of going with Lonzo/Rondo at the PG spot, he subbed in Hart to play PF and had Ingram as the PG instead to close the game.

Hart closing games? Yes Luke!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Quick off topic rant…

I hate the fact that the act of fouling someone is called "hack-a-(name)". The only reason it was called that with Shaq is because it rhymed. Now it just sounds dumb. I'm not calling out the OP here so don't take offense. Everyone does it. It's accepted.

Just like every scandal being given the "-gate" suffix. Watergate was the specific name of a hotel, people. The ending of the word has nothing to do with it. Ok I'm officially waaaaaaay off topic now. Apologies.

Anyhoo…make your damn free throws, boys!
JeffreyRashad
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
Quick off topic rant…

I hate the fact that the act of fouling someone is called "hack-a-(name)". The only reason it was called that with Shaq is because it rhymed. Now it just sounds dumb. I'm not calling out the OP here so don't take offense. Everyone does it. It's accepted.

Just like every scandal being given the "-gate" suffix. Watergate was the specific name of a hotel, people. The ending of the word has nothing to do with it. Ok I'm officially waaaaaaay off topic now. Apologies.

this was amazing lol

Prod: Drake - 'Is There More'

Lakers fan since age 2. Nick Van Exel was my first hero
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject:

NBA rules don’t allow teams to hack players anymore.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Will "Hack-A-PG" Be a Thing???

Nash Vegas wrote:
Rondo and Lonzo can't make a free throw.

(hey it rhymes)
throw the bron on that list too at this rate.
lakerz32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject:

honestly, I was actually really surprised teams didn't use it against zo last year. Zo shot 45% last year, and it seemed like he deliberately shied away from the line, his confidence was shot

there were a couple of teams that did hack-a-simmons, and simmons shot 56% from the line last year

FWIW, I do believe zo is an improved free throw shooter this year, my hope is that he can hit 70% from the line this year

although as an opposing coach, I would definitely employ hack-a-lonzo, especially in a close game where zo's confidence/shot was shaky
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject:

I just don't get it I mean I shoot hoops including free throws sometimes when I feel like it and generally speaking I make more than 70% and don't give me any of that crap about me being by myself versus lonzo being in front of thousands of fans I mean if anything that should pump him up and give him confidence who gives a crap about us plebeians in the crowd versus when I'm shooting by myself my mind is going a million miles a minute and there are no fans to distract me.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject:

lakerz32 wrote:
honestly, I was actually really surprised teams didn't use it against zo last year. Zo shot 45% last year, and it seemed like he deliberately shied away from the line, his confidence was shot

there were a couple of teams that did hack-a-simmons, and simmons shot 56% from the line last year

FWIW, I do believe zo is an improved free throw shooter this year, my hope is that he can hit 70% from the line this year

although as an opposing coach, I would definitely employ hack-a-lonzo, especially in a close game where zo's confidence/shot was shaky

It’s not that effective though. There is a chance the team could get a rebound off his misses. Also it’s much tougher to get points in transition off a missed free throw.

You also can’t do it in the last 2 minutes of any quarter anymore. So the strategy will be used during times when there is less pressure on him.
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
Quick off topic rant…

lounger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
Quick off topic rant…

This made the thread epic imho!
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
Quick off topic rant…

you should rant more often guy.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
Quick off topic rant…

Post of the Year

#BannersOverBillboards
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:24 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
I just don't get it I mean I shoot hoops including free throws sometimes when I feel like it and generally speaking I make more than 70% and don't give me any of that crap about me being by myself versus lonzo being in front of thousands of fans I mean if anything that should pump him up and give him confidence who gives a crap about us plebeians in the crowd versus when I'm shooting by myself my mind is going a million miles a minute and there are no fans to distract me.

Totally different shooting during a high level game on at the school yard or local gym, where you are either shooting alone or with mediocre competition. It is much harder when you are busting your ass, running up and down the court guarding guys who are good.
where24happens
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:26 am    Post subject:

Still boggles my mind how bad of a FT shooter lonzo is.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:01 am    Post subject:

The sad truth is, the team has been so horrendous in the final 5 minutes of games, giving up double digit leads in a matter of minutes by going on long stretches without scoring a single point, hack a PG and giving us a chance at 1 point per possession would be a welcomed improvement.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: