Are the Warriors on the verge of a breakup?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will GS breakup after this season?
YES
57%
 57%  [ 20 ]
NO
22%
 22%  [ 8 ]
MAYBE
20%
 20%  [ 7 ]
OTHER (Explain)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 35

TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:44 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:
I think KD bounces, but Steph, Klay and Green stay.

KD seems to be on the way out. Klay's unreadable. He's a mystery for me. I don't know how deep his roots are in the Bay area. He's not married. How much enterprise does he have invested in the Bay? His parents live in Oakland that may factor. C'mon Magic, wave Mitch's wand!!!

Why is he unreadable when he's said about 500 times how much he wants to stay with the Warriors?! In fact he's even said he wants to RETIRE with the Warriors. Come on now. I want Klay to be a Laker too but folks are projecting up a storm with this KD/Dray argument.

As Klay said when he was asked about it "this will all be in the past like a ponytail..."

(He meant "be behind them like a ponytail" but in typical Klay fashion he didn't get it quite right... Ah Klay...)
OdomGrab
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully things break down further. I want green to be thrown out.
Then i want resentment and hate to cripple the team.
Hopefully this is a deep fracture and the team identity is
completly destroyed.

Then...
Klay and curry and durant can be beaten.

Lets hope klay takes sides and ruins everything.
Hopefully kd camp is telling him to leave while gs front office are
kissing his behind. Hopefully his ego makes him leave.
Hopefully kd gets pushed out and has his feelings badly hurt.
Hopefully he teams up with lebron here.

Durant was a fake nice guy who is getting rejected by the fan fav
dreymond after he jumped ship to the team that humiliated him
and made him look human.
Everybody knows this is a femenine submissive moove hence dreymond
Called him a bi...t...c...h.
Dreymond is mad that kd is making winning suck. Ppl are acting like
this not nba watergate. It is.
The best team ever built is hopefully completly destroyed because
they cant get over a 3 yr old (bleep) moove.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:12 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:

KD seems to be on the way out. Klay's unreadable. He's a mystery for me. I don't know how deep his roots are in the Bay area. He's not married. How much enterprise does he have invested in the Bay? His parents live in Oakland that may factor. C'mon Magic, wave Mitch's wand!!!

Why is he unreadable when he's said about 500 times how much he wants to stay with the Warriors?! In fact he's even said he wants to RETIRE with the Warriors. Come on now. I want Klay to be a Laker too but folks are projecting up a storm with this KD/Dray argument.

As Klay said when he was asked about it "this will all be in the past like a ponytail..."

(He meant "be behind them like a ponytail" but in typical Klay fashion he didn't get it quite right... Ah Klay...)

Klay has been pretty straightforward. He's said over and over that his preference is to stay with the Warriors but he's not going to give them a discount. The question is really whether the Warriors will cough up a max salary.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:18 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Do they have the money to keep all four?

The Warriors will have the Bird rights to all four guys so there is no cap issue. The question is whether they will be willing to take a huge salary/tax hit. They could conceivably have a $200 million luxury tax bill.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:44 am    Post subject:

they breaking up... Draymond got too real with Durant, and Durant played the drama queen role to a T

pass me the ball?
what (bleep)? LOL
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:

He's unreadable to ME. He said he wants to retire a Warrior. His delivery doesn't convince me. He said he wanted to stay before all the recent drama. Does he still feel the same? How much will the drama affect the way the Dubs play? Tonight will tell a lot. Houston is a great test. During the post game interview he kept looking at his watch as if to say he was ready to go.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
TDRock wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:

He's unreadable to ME. He said he wants to retire a Warrior. His delivery doesn't convince me. He said he wanted to stay before all the recent drama. Does he still feel the same? How much will the drama affect the way the Dubs play? Tonight will tell a lot. Houston is a great test. During the post game interview he kept looking at his watch as if to say he was ready to go.

He always does he hate interviews. Particularly an interview about a difficult subject I’m sure he was ready to eat off his own foot to get out of there. But to your point personally I don’t see Klay going anywhere I actually would say Draymond going first (he’s up in 2020 I believe). But I do think that tonight‘s game against their “rival“ team will probably say a lot. Although it is worth noting that on Instagram today Kevin and Dray were pictured walking into the shootaround together.

Since long before this whole hullabaloo started up I haven’t felt strong conviction about Kevin staying. That plus the fact that he is definitely emo man so you know who knows. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject:

^^^^^ CL has a patent on that squiggly.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:05 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I don’t see how Klay is unreadable when he says he wants to stay with GS every time he is asked. KD might leave but they went to as many Finals without him as they did with him.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
well, could you imagine if he has had it there and starts thinking he could just come here and play next to Lebron and win more rings here.

Imagine if we sign KD and THEN go trade for AD. We would own the league for 3 years.

That would be quite the sales pitch. We know you think of yourself as an all time great but leave Steph’s team for Lebron’s. Just a guess since I don’t know much about KD’s desires but I think he might like to go somewhere and do his own thing free of being Steph’s or Lebron’s Robin. Mason and Ireland mentioned the Warriors record with Steph/without KD and with KD/without Steph and they won much more with Steph/without KD than the opposite.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:22 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I don’t see how Klay is unreadable when he says he wants to stay with GS every time he is asked. KD might leave but they went to as many Finals without him as they did with him.

What's readable to you is not always readable to others. We see things differently.

I don't think they'll win again without KD or Draymond. I think they need both.

They're losing by 26 as I type this. How much the drama plays is subjective.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Klay could still change his mind. Just because he said he wanted to stay in the past, that doesn’t mean he will feel the same way when he has his chance to leave. And a lot of people will say one thing and do something completely different.

Also me made a lot of those statements before he knew Lebron would become a Laker.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Klay could still change his mind. Just because he said he wanted to stay in the past, that doesn’t mean he will feel the same way when he has his chance to leave. And a lot of people will say one thing and do something completely different.

Tru Dat!!i

CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject:

Wow, blowout loss to a sub .500 team.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject:

No Steph Curry and a team with locker room turmoil....Warriors are vulnerable for the next couple of games.
4stargeneralbulldog
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:00 am    Post subject:

Durant is good as gone if this is true.

Quote:
Green blurted to Durant something along the lines of, 'We don't need you. We won without you. Leave,' sources said.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/warriors-suspended-draymond-green-for-daring-kevin-durant-to-leave-in-free-agency-report-says/
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:40 am    Post subject:

4stargeneralbulldog wrote:

Quote:
Green blurted to Durant something along the lines of, 'We don't need you. We won without you. Leave,' sources said.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/warriors-suspended-draymond-green-for-daring-kevin-durant-to-leave-in-free-agency-report-says/

They also choked away a 3-1 lead in the finals the season before he got there.

Pretty funny for the Warriors to potentially lose KD because of a second rate star like Green.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:11 am    Post subject:

Green doing his part to try and get KD to the Lakers. I love it.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:37 am    Post subject:

Quote:

So KD would really be spineless and do what Green challenged him to do? And people would want that on the Lakers?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:49 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Quote:

So KD would really be spineless and do what Green challenged him to do? And people would want that on the Lakers?

Leaving the Warriors wouldn't be spineless, as Dray basically saying that they never needed him (untrue IMO).

Joining the Lakers to take down the Warriors would really bolster his rep.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

Quote:

Pretty funny for the Warriors to potentially lose KD because of a second rate star like Green.

Calling Draymond a second rate star is ridiculous although most fans would. Dude is incredibly underrated.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject:

does green even get a max offer on the open market?

I vote no
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject:

To me last nights loss says maybe there's trouble paradise. How will this disagreement between Draymond and Kevin affect Curry, Klay and the rest of the team? Steve Kerr has his job cut out for him. Looks like Kevin is gone. "We don't need you. We won without you. Leave" is a powerful statement. Steve has to cause the team to buy into, OK, lets do this anyway.

Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Quote:

Calling Draymond a second rate star is ridiculous although most fans would. Dude is incredibly underrated.

How is it ridiculous if most people would say it? Guess I'm right in there with most fans because I think it's fair to call him that. He's definitely a critical part of what the Warriors do, but if he had to be the main guy on a team, I'd guess that team would be one of the worst if not the worst in the league. He's welcome to prove me and most fans wrong by leaving to join a non-superteam.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject:

The only thing I am certain of in all of this is that the media is really really tired of the Warriors winning.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: