SAS: Carmelo Anthony to the Lakers a Real Possibility
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:
32 wrote:
Ramona Shelburne
@ramonashelburne

For those wondering about the Lakers interest, best to stop. They have 15 players on the roster and didn’t bring him in over the summer when they had a chance as well.

Thank goodness.

Don’t get excited .. that is her speculating.. she has no idea what the Lakers are thinking right now.

I agree she's often had no idea, but this wouldn't be a ground breaking scoop.

I'd doubt she'd bother tweeting it if she didn't overhear people close to the team saying it wasn't happening
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:
32 wrote:
Ramona Shelburne
@ramonashelburne

For those wondering about the Lakers interest, best to stop. They have 15 players on the roster and didn’t bring him in over the summer when they had a chance as well.

Thank goodness.

Don’t get excited .. that is her speculating.. she has no idea what the Lakers are thinking right now.

I agree she's often had no idea, but this wouldn't be a ground breaking scoop.

I'd doubt she'd bother tweeting it if she didn't overhear people close to the team saying it wasn't happening

It’s obvious she is speculating, KOC/SAS/ and others are saying Melo to Lakers can happen, I am in no way supporting the move but Ramona has a tendency to say a lot of non substantial stuff, like saying that PG will come to the Lakers then changing her mind a few weeks later saying the opposite, the reality is that the team is exploring options, and Melo becoming a Laker is likely a possibility unless a team spokesman comes out and says otherwise cause the whispers are to loud.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Man I hope the Rockets start playing Melo again. They’re looking real good without him. Melo needs to bring the Rockets back down to earth.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject:

Hell no
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:
32 wrote:
Ramona Shelburne
@ramonashelburne

Thank goodness.

Haah wow. You really do want Melo.

What shes saying makes total sense. Who are you going to cut to bring in Melo?!?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject:

If the Lakers were an option for 'Melo, Houston would have already released him. The reports are clearly stating him and his representation are searching for a landing spot. Although doubtful, it is not crazy to think no team offers to add him right now.

It is 100% on him....if he called Magic or Pat Riley and said, "I get it....I just want to come to a place and help where I can, and I will give almost 100% every night if needed on both ends of the court".....he would have a new home in a second, but everyone knows that is not what he will provide, and he will never humble himself to take that position.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:36 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers would be insane to add him right now.. They are just starting to finally gel as a team and are already plenty deep.. I do not see how they could possibly see Carmelo as an attractive addition from any angle. He literally does absolutely nothing the Lakers do not already have plenty of.

Plus anything Stephen A says can't even be taken serious he is about on the level of Skip where they just love yelling and changing there stance on just about everything constantly and hearing there own voice.. Two biggest hacks in sports media right now imo.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:
32 wrote:
Ramona Shelburne
@ramonashelburne

Thank goodness.

Haah wow. You really do want Melo.

What shes saying makes total sense. Who are you going to cut to bring in Melo?!?

Don’t want him I’m just saying that Ramona isn’t reputable even if she has connections, I already said I’m not hoping for Melo to sign here and I could careless we have a special team right now.
Clark Kent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Woj reporting that Carmelo has an offer to go play in Puerto Rico.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject:

I'd rather have Gelo than Melo.

Last edited by Mini Mamba on Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
kb24GOAT
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:22 pm    Post subject:

SAS has been a carmelo mouthpiece over the years. two f***ing clowns if you ask me. melo doesn't have the swag that he once (ever?) had in the NBA and won't have his mediocre a** picked up. nobody, not even SAS can speak that into existence.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Rockets crush the Dubs post Melo era. The banana boat has sailed.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Shut up, Stephen!!!
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Melo does not fit a team need

Right now we need
(i) a second superstar or
(ii) a shooter who preferably can play D

Melo fits in neither of the 2 categories. He's a volume scorer who is way past his superstar prime.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:43 pm    Post subject:

Vanquish wrote:
Melo does not fit a team need

Right now we need
(i) a second superstar or
(ii) a shooter who preferably can play D

Melo fits in neither of the 2 categories. He's a volume scorer who is way past his superstar prime.

If he signs here, it is not because we need him, it us because LBJ wants him here.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:55 am    Post subject:

I think Melo will fit well with Lebron.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:59 am    Post subject:

what's the spanish word for "no"
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:09 am    Post subject:

kb24GOAT wrote:
SAS has been a carmelo mouthpiece over the years. two f***ing clowns if you ask me. melo doesn't have the swag that he once (ever?) had in the NBA and won't have his mediocre a** picked up. nobody, not even SAS can speak that into existence.

Yea. SAS was advocating Utah to sign Melo on First Take today. Dude's acting like his agent. He's always been soft on Melo even when he thrashes the Knicks on TV.
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:26 am    Post subject:

Huge no from me unless following:

1. He's okay with riding the bench and getting spot minutes when called upon.

2. We trade Lance Stephenson for Melo. Lakers have a lot of guards so this will swap a guard for a forward. It also saves Lakers some money. Alternatively trade Beasley for Melo. Either way, Melo's looking to get 0-10 minutes per game (more likely 0 minutes).

Realistically, I think he should go to the Wizards if they have any interest. The Wizards are under performing based on expectations so they have to do something to turn it around. They also can't start the rebuild because Wall (recently signed his supermax deal with trade kicker) and Porter (max deal for role player) will be very difficult to trade.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:33 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:

Absolutely not. You guys need to snap out of it. I think people are not realizing how bad Melo is defensively forget about the offense for a second. Melo fits well with nobody. For every future NBA minute he receives he will be the target of NBA offenses. He will be attacked over and over again. He will make G league players look like all-stars.

Now put him on the court with Lebron? Lebron already wants to rest on defense. This would put tremendous pressure on the 3 other guys on the floor. No way that is a net positive lineup.

The Rockets who desperately needed someone who plays Melo's position after losing Ariza and Mbah a Moute decided to just cut him after 10 games. A team that just needed him to catch a shoot. Melo didn't even work when Harden/CP3 were on the floor as they were a -19.9 net rating in 37 minutes together.

It would be a disaster. Lakers have been getting better and have really found something with Chandler. If you bring Melo in and he actually plays that would 100% derail the season. There is no question about that.
lesluthor
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:07 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:

Maybe, Lebron is a playmaker and Melo is a scorer. Fit in theory is good. But I would rather LBJ develop more chemistry with our current set of PFs. We already have a bunch of them{Kuz,BI, Beast) that can provide what Melo brings.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:08 am    Post subject:

chekmatex4 wrote:
Huge no from me unless following:

1. He's okay with riding the bench and getting spot minutes when called upon.

2. We trade Lance Stephenson for Melo. Lakers have a lot of guards so this will swap a guard for a forward. It also saves Lakers some money. Alternatively trade Beasley for Melo. Either way, Melo's looking to get 0-10 minutes per game (more likely 0 minutes).

Realistically, I think he should go to the Wizards if they have any interest. The Wizards are under performing based on expectations so they have to do something to turn it around. They also can't start the rebuild because Wall (recently signed his supermax deal with trade kicker) and Porter (max deal for role player) will be very difficult to trade.

It was in McGee's and Chander's own self-interest to come to the Lakers. The Lakers had a need and these players are getting an opportunity to show their skills. Their payoff will come in 2019-20 when both will still be in the league. McGee is going to get a big raise from somebody; Chandler will get a nice contract someplace (meaning more than he would have got if he had sat on the bench in Phoenix for the year). Chandler saw the Lakers had a need--and that he would get an opportunity to show off his skills--and helped make the buyout happen. If Melo is just going to sit on the bench, there is no reason for him to come here. He needs a place where he will get extended minutes to show his skills. Otherwise, there will be nothing except non-guaranteed vet minimum contracts available to him for 2019-20. Melo could come to the Lakers I just don't think there is a high probability that it will happen.

--Anonymous
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:17 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
MJST wrote:
So SAS is legit when he says Durant is coming, but he's non reputable when he says Melo is coming

Haha.

Honestly I pay no attention to what SAS says. This guy is just entertainement.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Don’t get excited .. that is SAS speculating.. SAS has no idea what the Lakers are thinking right now.

Fixed it for you
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:

My eyesight must be going, because it looks like you posted that this year. If it was 2010, then sure. 2018? Nah.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8
Jump to: