Lip Readers?!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vandal08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:02 pm    Post subject: Lip Readers?!!

Magic and Pelinka were in some deep discussion. I can't figure out if they were pissed at Luke for sitting Kuzma or if it was something else. I think Magic and Pelinka (Kobe agent) are big on letting a player be a player, it looked like to me that they were concerned in a way. I know I don't 'know' for sure but as a coach myself, that look was one that reminded me of me. I.e., the image that presents. It's Saban vx Dabo. Like why do we want to present a look like we won't let players thrive here??? I don't know, maybe I'm reading into it.

In any case, you lip readers who have time to rewind...what do you think they were saying....We are up 20 and them dudes looked pissed. THAT is definitely true--regardless of my hypothesis. Thoughts???
4OnTheFloor
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:06 pm    Post subject:

That's a big reach right there.

Looked like Magic was upset at KCP for that dumb foul.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Lip Readers?!!

Vandal08 wrote:
Magic and Pelinka were in some deep discussion. I can't figure out if they were pissed at Luke for sitting Kuzma or if it was something else. I think Magic and Pelinka (Kobe agent) are big on letting a player be a player, it looked like to me that they were concerned in a way. I know I don't 'know' for sure but as a coach myself, that look was one that reminded me of me. I.e., the image that presents. It's Saban vx Dabo. Like why do we want to present a look like we won't let players thrive here??? I don't know, maybe I'm reading into it.

In any case, you lip readers who have time to rewind...what do you think they were saying....We are up 20 and them dudes looked pissed. THAT is definitely true--regardless of my hypothesis. Thoughts???

Kuz is still feeling pain in his back. Why play him when the game was over?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:10 pm    Post subject:

I’m not a professional lip reader, but this is what I got:

Magic - “Kuz is still dealing with his back issue. I’m glad he’s resting and not taking a chance on getting hurt.”
Pelinka - “Someone on LG will create a thread about this.”
Sago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Lip Readers?!!

Vandal08 wrote:

The Giannis Antetokounmpo reach is real
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:19 pm    Post subject:

rest...avoiding injury

uptidstay ostpay
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:26 pm    Post subject:

They should have forced him to play in a blowout instead of having him treat his lower back injury.

Go for 50 Kuz.
PhiberOptik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Lip Readers?!!

Vandal08 wrote:

Dude, you try lip reading and assume that they were pissed at Luke to fit your agenda? Stop hatin.
Vandal08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Context...clearly you don't got it. I said, it's my opinion and a reach possibly but those dudes looked frustrated. And it wasn't about Kuzma. And the game wasn't blown out until midway through the 4th. So putting him back in with a minute or two in the 4th wouldn't have been a reach.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Vandal08 wrote:
So putting him back in with a minute or two in the 4th wouldn't have been a reach.

Stat padding against a scrub lineup. Magic doesn't care about that, he cares about winning
spflakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:42 pm    Post subject:

Vandal08 wrote:
Context...clearly you don't got it. I said, it's my opinion and a reach possibly but those dudes looked frustrated. And it wasn't about Kuzma. And the game wasn't blown out until midway through the 4th. So putting him back in with a minute or two in the 4th wouldn't have been a reach.

The cameras panned right after Lakers committed a foul. Think they were annoyed at that, the normal angst coaches and execs feel when any play is a mistake, no matter the score. Doubt it'd be anything beyond. They also know cameras can catch them anytime so doubtful we will ever get some meltdown.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:57 pm    Post subject:

I can read lips. Magic said (bleep) “Anthony Puccio, if that’s even a real name.”
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:27 pm    Post subject:

Dude, why stop at lips readers, we have in LG professional face readers, we have guys here who can read minds just by looking at the face of people...
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:45 pm    Post subject:

durden-tyler wrote:
Dude, why stop at lips readers, we have in LG professional face readers, we have guys here who can read minds just by looking at the face of people...
I knew you were going to say that.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:46 pm    Post subject:

55 wrote:

Magic - “Kuz is still dealing with his back issue. I’m glad he’s resting and not taking a chance on getting hurt.”

GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:46 pm    Post subject:

He was pissed Svi only got 2 minutes

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
Doc JC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:52 pm    Post subject:

I mean you had Kuz getting his back iced while up 20.

If anything I would have fired Luke if he put him back in
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:12 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
55 wrote:

Confirmed. 55 is a lip reader.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:35 am    Post subject:

Vandal08 wrote:

No need to build stats for Kuz, plus he's coming back from injury. You want to win the game and avoid injury; that's what Luke did.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:30 am    Post subject:

Wayback machine:

Mitch and Magic attended Gm 2 of the 95 1st round at SEA (Tacoma that year, but still). They were in the audience at the end of a row and the cam focused in on Magic grousing and Mitch nodding right after Ceballos did something dumb. Magic shouted something like, "...every BLEEPIN time!" Later Ced hit a big shot and pointed to them, but to see them in a candid moment that they didn't know was filmed was a "hm" moment to file away. Ced also had a snit in January before that final gm at Tha Gaahden and Ced was said to be sulking. Chick mentioned it in the game, but tried to downplay it. If you're a player and Magic is in the FO in any respect, you don't even wanna be perceived as flaky, imo. The FO does notice the little things. Havasu did him in as soon as West could dump him.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:34 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
I can read lips. Magic said (bleep) “Anthony Puccio, if that’s even a real name.”

He said Anthony Pigmiller.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:01 am    Post subject:

Prob talking bout Zubac
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:35 am    Post subject:

Any video clips of this? I must have missed it.

But would like to see what happened right before their alleged frustration.
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:36 am    Post subject:

Boy, you need to apply for a job at ESPN with this type of guesswork!
Vandal08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:09 am    Post subject:

Gotdammmm. People are argumentative for no reason or overly cynical. it was a thought, an opinion. The camera panned to them like 3 separate times. Pelinka put his head down and shook his head and to me it didn't seem like a play it was more along the lines they were discussing something and it was clearly frustration. Doesn't take a genius. This went on and on and I can't imagine it was for a foul. Maybe it wasn't for Kuzma but it wasn't just a foul or some other childish nonsense. Yes putting him in within the couple of minutes at the START OF THE FOURTH which is the normal rotation was what I was surmising. I don't know what or why, I just know sometimes I can look at people like anyone else and see words that are obvious. One view through I couldn't really tell. I wasn't home to rewind. But the point was maybe someone else saw something or not. I don't know obviously. It's just my opinion. Maybe it's nothing. You don't feel like it was nothing fine. But if someone is gone in the next few weeks maybe you'll look back at this, but we are gaining and playing with passion and those dudes didn't look happy. AT ALL. So that makes me wonder why. And a foul isn't going to elicit that response if you ask me. It was an extended display of frustration almost like something they had seen repeatedly and they weren't happy about it. To me that was clear.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: