Trending, aberration, or gelling?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
aberration. I wouldn't call it gelling because I don't see much in terms of building team chemistry, especially with or without play calling.

More like, the Lakers are efficient at points in the paint and transition. They acquired Tyson Chandler. They get enough possessions to make the scoring efficient. They play 15-20 minutes of solid defense, with some wavering.

This seems profoundly pessimistic to me.

I see a lot of chemistry-building taking place, especially with regard to Kuzma, Lonzo, and Hart and their play next to LeBron.

We seem to be edging towards a mix of LeBron ball and whatever Luke's system is, which seems to be for the better.

There is still much to improve upon to be sure, but I'd say this team is for sure trending upwards. If Kuzma is a legitimate second option then I can see this team winning a lot of games this year.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:15 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
aberration. I wouldn't call it gelling because I don't see much in terms of building team chemistry, especially with or without play calling.

More like, the Lakers are efficient at points in the paint and transition. They acquired Tyson Chandler. They get enough possessions to make the scoring efficient. They play 15-20 minutes of solid defense, with some wavering.

This seems profoundly pessimistic to me.

I see a lot of chemistry-building taking place, especially with regard to Kuzma, Lonzo, and Hart and their play next to LeBron.

We seem to be edging towards a mix of LeBron ball and whatever Luke's system is, which seems to be for the better.

There is still much to improve upon to be sure, but I'd say this team is for sure trending upwards. If Kuzma is a legitimate second option then I can see this team winning a lot of games this year.

Lately it's gelling. Look at the date.

Doesn't mean that their 4th quarter execution is THAT great. You really want to rely on LeBron James 1-4 with high frequency 3-point shooting and only passing on one side of the floor?

The gelling kicked in when Ingram got hurt. Not surprised that when the shooter that doesn't need a lot of shots and can actually defend a bit, the team plays better overall.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:44 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
Revisiting:
After the 2-5 start, 15-5 since then. Roles are being settled on. Center play is solid. Batman found Robin. Defense is better. Luke said they wouldn't have been able to win the Miami game earlier this year and they're learning how to win.

How much of this is sustainable, especially with a stretch of games against losing teams coming up?
Is it still unsustainable?
If not, should we expect a losing streak soon?
Are these wins fools gold?

About 2 hours ago, I was driving home listening to Roger Lodge on 830 A.M., and heard him asking a guest (forgot the guy's name) whether Lebron has found his Robin, and if the Lakers could keep up with what they've done so far.

Which one of you is Roger?
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:24 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I see gelling b/w LBJ/Kuz/Hart/Lonzo/Javale/Tyson.

Need more gel? BI/Lance/Beez.

Rondo seems to have been out for so long, not sure how much to make of it yet.

Add KCP to the first list. And I see no problem with BI. So he is in the first list too.

Svi is coming around.

More gel needed for Lance and Beez and Wagner.

The rest are non-factor

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: