KG rumblings getting louder??
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RMurphy_22
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: KG rumblings getting louder??

The writers and rumours are now hitting the players- might be too late this trading deadline, but the summer is a possiblilty.

Go Lakers!!

KG's Status Holding Up Other Trades?
19th February, 2006 - 11:50 pm
Mercury News - Kevin Garnett's status, perhaps more than anything, is holding up any truly major deals involving the elite stars of the game. The feeling around the NBA remains - based more on observation than actual information - that something inevitably will crack in Minnesota and Garnett will be traded or ask to be traded.

Garnett has been a Lakers' Plan A or B for some time now after Yao Ming and Amare Stoudemire re-signed. Boston, Seattle, Indiana, Golden State and the Bulls are some of the teams reportedly hanging back just in case Garnett ever came on the trade market.

In this NBA, it would seem that you need just one other good player with Garnett to be in the playoffs and two (especially one who's a finisher) to be a championship contender. It's why even in Minnesota there have been rumors recently of trying to reacquire Stephon Marbury.

Garnett is the best three-quarters player in the NBA; versatile, defensive-minded, tough. He just doesn't quite have that go-to move to finish off a game. But put him with a scorer, like Kobe Bryant, and you have a potential championship duo.

The Timberwolves have been badly mismanaged for years with little stability to create a team. Garnett knows all this and, at least for now, says he's sticking by his crew, whomever that may be from day to day. [READ]
daniel80111
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject:

That article basically says that he's staying and he's loyal to the team. There are no rumblings.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: KG holding up our trades?

Quote:
Kevin Garnett's status, perhaps more than anything, is holding up any truly major deals involving the elite stars of the game. The feeling around the NBA remains - based more on observation than actual information - that something inevitably will crack in Minnesota and Garnett will be traded or ask to be traded.

Garnett has been a Lakers' Plan A or B for some time now after Yao Ming and Amare Stoudemire re-signed. Boston, Seattle, Indiana, Golden State and the Bulls are some of the teams reportedly hanging back just in case Garnett ever came on the trade market.

In this NBA, it would seem that you need just one other good player with Garnett to be in the playoffs and two (especially one who's a finisher) to be a championship contender. It's why even in Minnesota there have been rumors recently of trying to reacquire Stephon Marbury.

Garnett is the best three-quarters player in the NBA; versatile, defensive-minded, tough. He just doesn't quite have that go-to move to finish off a game. But put him with a scorer, like Kobe Bryant, and you have a potential championship duo.

LINK

Could that be why Mitch is being hesitant about trading key pieces like Odom?
RMurphy_22
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject:

Daniel-

There is a reason this article might have come out after the All-star game?? I don't know what will happen, but there are at least public talks about the possibility.
Seegrams
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject:

plot thickens ! does mitch trade now for tmac,booz,lewis and make small run in playoffs or put all eggs in one basket and get kg at end of year ? personally,if mchale trades kg in conference hes nuts.KG is pure pipe now and even later.We need to get better now and make playoff run.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: KG rumblings getting louder??

RMurphy_22 wrote:
The writers and rumours are now hitting the players- might be too late this trading deadline, but the summer is a possiblilty.

Go Lakers!!

19th February, 2006 - 11:50 pm
Mercury News - Kevin Garnett's status, perhaps more than anything, is holding up any truly major deals involving the elite stars of the game. The feeling around the NBA remains - based more on observation than actual information - that something inevitably will crack in Minnesota and Garnett will be traded or ask to be traded.

The Timberwolves have been badly mismanaged for years with little stability to create a team. Garnett knows all this and, at least for now, says he's sticking by his crew, whomever that may be from day to day. [READ]

Like i said earlier, the signs are their, his trade is inivietable. Kobe and K.G damn what a combo, even when garnett loses a set , kobes greatness can more than over come that too string together a list of titles..
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject:

daniel80111 wrote:
That article basically says that he's staying and he's loyal to the team. There are no rumblings.

No the article does not say he's basically staying.

It says KG does not want to give up, but implies that he realizes that he's in a futile situation.

There are rumblings. This isn't exactly the first mainstream media article on this. Therefore there are, in fact, rumblings.
Sister Golden Hair
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject:

Those rumblings you hear are just the aftereffects of too much curry (uh, the dish not the player).

SGH
Seegrams
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject:

anybody think mitch loses job if miss playoffs again ?
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject:

Anyway, while I continue to think this is pipe, putting the earlier Lamar for Penny and Frye rumor together with this...

Lets say Minny is ready to blow it up, well:

Lamar to New York
Frye, Bynum, George, Penny to Minny
KG to L.A.

Brown gets his guy "who plays the right way"
Minny drops a ton of money in the off-season and they have two promising young bigs to rebuild around
And we know why we do it

Might have to throw a couple picks in there. But the only things I can see enticing Minny are a lot of cap space AND getting young talent--I don't see them wanting to take on Lamar and his contract.

That all said, pipe.
Seegrams
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject:

RG -

like your think on trade but dont think ny trades frye unless their blown away and wouldnt consider LO getting blown away
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject:

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
Those rumblings you hear are just the aftereffects of too much curry (uh, the dish not the player).

SGH

I've got an iron stomach. The hotter the curry, the better.
daniel80111
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject:

RG it is strange that this article comes out right before the deadline...but I think its highly unlikely that this trade actually goes through. I'm not doubting that KG might be moved, but to the Lakers is not probable.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject:

Seegrams wrote:
RG -

like your think on trade but dont think ny trades frye unless their blown away and wouldnt consider LO getting blown away

So they keep saying.

You never know with Isiah....he's been known to do dumber things.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject:

daniel80111 wrote:
RG it is strange that this article comes out right before the deadline...but I think its highly unlikely that this trade actually goes through. I'm not doubting that KG might be moved, but to the Lakers is not probable.

Hey, I've been saying it is damn near impossible for months now.

But I sometimes like to think that the Lakers actually have a plan and not wallow in my hopeless negativity. That'll come back as soon as the deadline passes and nothing happens.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject:

Do you think Minny would make a trade to try and improve the team, then pull the plug on the season two weeks later by trading KG? Unlikely.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject:

I find it interesting that all the Laker trade scenarios leak after the Lamar Odom to the Knicks rumor is published. It's almost like the Francis-Lamar rumor was engineered to keep everyone off the scent.

As much as everyone hates Vecsey, he has perhaps the best track records at uncovering valid rumors. And I suspect that the Frye/Hardaway deal was legit, and that Isiah knows exactly what why we're trying to do the deal.

We're after Kevin Garnett.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject:

Seegrams wrote:
RG -

They LOVE LO. From Larry Brown to the fans, LO would be welcomed with open arms.

I'm just not sure I move Bynum, though.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
iml84myd8s
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: KG holding up our trades?

[quote="KobeButler"]
Quote:

Garnett has been a Lakers' Plan A or B for some time now after Yao Ming and Amare Stoudemire re-signed.

Kobe, KG and Phil >>> INSTANT NBA CHAMPIONSHIP CONTENDER

If it takes Odom, George, Slava and Bynum, get it done! Win now, while Kobe is in his prime and before it is too late.
Hawkins
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:20 am    Post subject:

They're not filling the Target Center now, blow up the T-Pups and lose KG, they won't for years.

It's up to KG though and he's been very loyal to Minny though McHale is an idiot.

Time will tell.
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Do you think Minny would make a trade to try and improve the team, then pull the plug on the season two weeks later by trading KG? Unlikely.

4-8 since the trade...
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject:

Tony Montana wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

4-8 since the trade...

The genious that is KG says that it's because they didn't have a training camp.

Ok, KG stay in Minny and be a perrenial loser. Retire ringless or jump the bandwagon when you're out of your prime.

I used to feel bad for KG. Now I think he's just really stupid.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject:

i used to be against trading Bynum, but if it gets KG do. His game will age nice
Muad'Dib
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject:

Is everyone getting hungry (see sig)?
orwell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject:

Muad'Dib wrote:
Is everyone getting hungry (see sig)?

Sure. Are you also providing transportation to Arrakis?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: