Lakers are currently sitting in 5th place
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:33 pm    Post subject:

With the Lakers at 5-5 on the road only 5 teams in the NBA are above .500 on the road

http://www.espn.com/nba/standings
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
With the Lakers at 5-5 on the road only 5 teams in the NBA are above .500 on the road

And we'd be first if Orlando didn't exist?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Biggest shock to me is the Pelicans regression, some had them as a Top 4 seed in the West and they look more of a team that will make the playoffs as a 6-8 seed...
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

freaking Orlando. 11-12 Orlando. We made them look like world beaters.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
epak wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

They're the new Bobcats
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Biggest shock to me is the Pelicans regression, some had them as a Top 4 seed in the West and they look more of a team that will make the playoffs as a 6-8 seed...

Biggest shock to me is the Rockets, they weren't even playing playoff basketball to start the season.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Biggest shock to me is the Rockets, they weren't even playing playoff basketball to start the season.

That’s because CP3 has regressed significantly as a player, I suggested in FA that the Rockets should pass up on re-signing Chris Paul and should instead look to add depth players to fill the roster, now they look worse cause they have no depth + a regressed Chris Paul.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Fifth is not a surprise to me, but I wouldn't have predicted the rest of the standings. It's bizarre.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

They had a nice stretch not too long ago. I think they are 10-5 with CP3. As long as Rockets are relatively healthy they should still make the playoffs. Big question has been CP3's health. He missed a couple of games last year as well but they didn't seem to miss a beat.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:49 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
epak wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

They're the new Bobcats

Haha serious. I hated the cats.
But only 2 games back from 1st. I'll take it.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:21 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
chantruong wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
epak wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

They're the new Bobcats

Haha serious. I hated the cats.
But only 2 games back from 1st. I'll take it.

Funny enough, DJ Augustin was on those teams
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:51 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
leking006 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
I never imagined that we would be above the Rockets but below the Clippers.

I don't think the Clippers will stay long in that position. They will go down eventually.

Meanwhile, the Rockets will stay on the bottom standings, until they found someone who will step up on the role Trevor Ariza left.

Is Ariza really the difference between being the #1 seed and not even making the playoffs?

No, their problems are much deeper than that.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:54 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Golden State and Houston have had key people miss games while the Clippers and Lakers have been more fortunate in that area.

Many games left to go, so things are subject to change.

The Lakers lost there back up point guard due to suspension first now injury. They lost their starting 2 guard ( Ingram) 4 games because of suspension. It hasn't been all peaches and cream for the Lakers.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:05 pm    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Golden State and Houston have had key people miss games while the Clippers and Lakers have been more fortunate in that area.

The Lakers lost there back up point guard due to suspension first now injury. They lost their starting 2 guard ( Ingram) 4 games because of suspension. It hasn't been all peaches and cream for the Lakers.

Seriously, I would also go as far as to say that the Lakers have had the most significant roster turnover from all the WC teams right now but people have to harp on the parade by bringing up the soft schedule, I’m glad someone can see through logic that this Lakers team has had major obstacles this year and everyone is acting like everything is coming easy for them.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:09 pm    Post subject:

For some reason I can't create a new topic so I'll just stick this here. Kobe made a statement at the recent Lakers All Access event:

“We’ll be champions again before you know it. And we’ll be laughing in the faces of all those Warriors fans who came out of nowhere.”

Heh, I wonder which fans he's talking about xD
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:42 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

FWIW, When EPayton was playing, they look very very good. Remember they are right now without a reliable PG. More shock is Houston and their 40mil CPaul play.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:15 am    Post subject:

Pels lack of wing depth will eat at them through the year. It's been their fatal flaw during the AD era there.

I think they may have to sacrifice their big men depth to bolster their atrocious wing play. They have Mirotic's Bird rights but not Jules, who will command more than 9m/year.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:51 am    Post subject:

3 takeaways from first 23 games of season

Quote:
As of right now, through the first 23 games, the Lakers have a 14-9 record which is good for 5th in the Western Conference.

The last time the Lakers had a winning record through the first 23 games of the season:
* Lebron James was on the Miami Heat still searching for his first NBA title.
* Luke Walton was still playing on the Lakers.
* Drake had just released his platinum album Take Care
* Lonzo Ball hadn’t even started high school.

https://lakeshowlife.com/2018/12/04/los-angeles-lakers-3-takeaways-first-23-games/
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Bard207 wrote:

Neither of those are even remotely comparable to injuries to Curry, Green, Harden, and Paul. Let's just hope that LBJ stays healthy. We may be more dependent on LBJ than any other team in the league is dependent on its main player. Maybe even more than New Orleans and Memphis.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:23 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Bard207 wrote:

Neither of those are even remotely comparable to injuries to Curry, Green, Harden, and Paul. Let's just hope that LBJ stays healthy. We may be more dependent on LBJ than any other team in the league is dependent on its main player. Maybe even more than New Orleans and Memphis.

Oh we are so screwed if LBJ goes down. Hopefully we won't see that.
Raijin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
trablos wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

That’s because CP3 has regressed significantly as a player, I suggested in FA that the Rockets should pass up on re-signing Chris Paul and should instead look to add depth players to fill the roster, now they look worse cause they have no depth + a regressed Chris Paul.

His decline was written on the wall. Rockets just thought they'd give it one more go
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Bard207 wrote:

Oh we are so screwed if LBJ goes down. Hopefully we won't see that.
UKUGA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject:

I don't worry, at all, about the Lakers missing the play-offs.

A couple of weeks back, when were hovering around 8/9, I was concerned, mainly because Houston was struggling and I felt they would fix their mess (when Paul returned) and would shoot up the standings, meaning that a current play-off team was destined to fall. That happened.

Now, while I believe there will continue to be a scrum, and any of SAS, Utah, NO, or MIN might work their way back in, I don't see at as being at the expense of LA, who should rest nicely between 3 and 6 when all is said and done.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Raijin wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
trablos wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

His decline was written on the wall. Rockets just thought they'd give it one more go

LBJ as he ages will always have his size to rely upon.

CP3 as he ages can only do so much with his 5'10-11 frame. In fact, I think he overtaxes his body by the end of the season which is usually why he's out for the playoffs recently.
Number 7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject:

I haven't seen OKC play. Are they really that good?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: