Marvel Cinematic Universe - Discussion (Spider-man No Way Home 12/17) đź•·
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:16 pm    Post subject:

The cheers that Spider-Man got shows that the MCU is going to continue to be a powerhouse with him alone. Add GOTG3 with Thor we have some more quality movies to come.

They need to let the universe calm down for a bit otherwise they're gonna get caught in a cycle of having to keep raising the stakes. I think the "break" will be a good thing and then we get X-Men and/or FF in 6+ years.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:44 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
The cheers that Spider-Man got shows that the MCU is going to continue to be a powerhouse with him alone. Add GOTG3 with Thor we have some more quality movies to come.

They need to let the universe calm down for a bit otherwise they're gonna get caught in a cycle of having to keep raising the stakes. I think the "break" will be a good thing and then we get X-Men and/or FF in 6+ years.

I'm not really sure how they plan to continue to make more movies after this. The universe was just saved. Are they just going to throw it into crisis again?

Also, is the Iron Man franchise just dead now? Seems sort of strange that Marvel just killed its flagship franchise.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:45 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

I'm not really sure how they plan to continue to make more movies after this. The universe was just saved. Are they just going to throw it into crisis again?

Also, is the Iron Man franchise just dead now? Seems sort of strange that Marvel just killed its flagship franchise.

This is Marvel. The universe is always in crisis. I could see Galactus of Dr. Doom as the next big baddie to replace Thanos.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:57 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

That's what I'm saying, they're not going to have huge intergalactic crises anymore, it's gonna be smaller scale. Spider-Man will deal with guys in NY, Black Panther in Wakanda, Captain Marvel will be on other planets.

Think of how "small" the villains were in phase 1, it'll be similar to that IMO. Not everything has to be the end of the world for it to be compelling.
Wvc0925
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:08 pm    Post subject:

After Iron Man got the stones back, why did he have to snap his fingers to get rid of Thanos. His army was decimated and there was no way for him to win. Also, can't they just go back in time and grab another Tony Stark. Similar to how we have Gamora back?
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:43 pm    Post subject:

There are tons of awesome characters they haven't even touched on yet, not even counting the villians. There are a bunch more sequels coming out, including Spiderman 2, GOG3, Black Panther 2, Black Widow prequel and Captain Marvel 2. I think I heard of an Eternals movie coming out too.

My guess is that they start expanding the Marvel Universe even more beyond Earth using Captain Marvel, GOG and the Eternals all to do it, before bring it back to Earth for a Fantastic Four/Silver Surfer/Galactus kind of intro.

I am really looking forward to GOG3 because that's when Adam Warlock comes in.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm    Post subject:

Why didn't Captain America choosing to live out his life in the past set off some butterfly effect in the present? How did he even get to that bench without anyone noticing him?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:50 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Why didn't Captain America choosing to live out his life in the past set off some butterfly effect in the present? How did he even get to that bench without anyone noticing him?

1. You can't change the past. When he went back in the past, he was simply ensuring that new alternate universes weren't created by putting things back to how they should have been. If he hadn't, the present would have stayed a same but a new alternate universe with a new timeline would have been created.

2. Who knows on this one. The theory is that he lived a long life in an alternate universe and then came back to his universe/timeline somehow after living a long life with Peggy Carter. That, and Spider Man's friends all having coincidentally disappeared with him (so that they all remained the same age), were the two largest plot holes to me.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:01 pm    Post subject:

The MCU has sanitized death. It's a bravura achievement.
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Wow!

11 years wow!

People nitpicking plots here and there that’s fine, but that stuff personally isn’t important to me. This movie’s meaning was deeper, it was the perfect ending to all those movies before it.

When Iron Man came out in 2008, I took a girl out I had met just 2 weeks prior to see that movie with me.

Fast forward 11 years and 22 movies later, I’m now married to her with 2 kids and we’ve watched all 22 movies together.

What a crazy ride.

Thank you Marvel. Your movies will always be a part of our life.

https://twitter.com/mcuhollnd/status/1121759187577577473?s=21

That's what it's really all about. Looking around at all the people at the theater, the most I've ever seen there, I just thought how cool it is that things like this exist to bring people together, something to share and talk about and get excited about. Sports are the same way. Anyway, loved the movie. Will miss those who are gone. Looking forward to what the future may hold.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:38 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

They’re going to do “smaller” movies with smaller stakes like the original Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Antman films. More local. Not all their films have been about saving the universe.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:45 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
My biggest gripe, no one, NO ONE, died during the last fight. I mean come on, Thanos is the big bad and no one dies "fighting" him outside of Tony Stark sacrificing himself basically. I wish Thanos would have taken out a couple of Avengers before losing.

Oh well, it was a fantastic superhero flick. Plot holes here and there but whatever it was awesome. End of an era.

Wait til you watch last night’s Game of Thrones episode.

The big bad over there called the Night King a supernatural being powerful enough to kill one of Danny’s dragons with a single spear, didn’t do anything in the final battle. Didn’t kill anyone, especially not anyone major. He just rode a dragon and got stabbed in the gut by a girl.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:47 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

1. You can't change the past. When he went back in the past, he was simply ensuring that new alternate universes weren't created by putting things back to how they should have been. If he hadn't, the present would have stayed a same but a new alternate universe with a new timeline would have been created.

2. Who knows on this one. The theory is that he lived a long life in an alternate universe and then came back to his universe/timeline somehow after living a long life with Peggy Carter. That, and Spider Man's friends all having coincidentally disappeared with him (so that they all remained the same age), were the two largest plot holes to me.

If you can't change the past, then isn't half the universe still vanished in the original timeline and the one we end up following is just a new alternate branch?

Biggest plothole to me is how Loki steals the tesseract and it's never resolved. Supposedly Iron Man and Captain America just go back to an even earlier date and steal it there, but that seems pretty cheap.

Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:06 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

If you can't change the past, then isn't half the universe still vanished in the original timeline and the one we end up following is just a new alternate branch?

Biggest plothole to me is how Loki steals the tesseract and it's never resolved. Supposedly Iron Man and Captain America just go back to an even earlier date and steal it there, but that seems pretty cheap.

From my understanding it’s still the same timeline since they returned to the same point in their present. As for Loki he has a new mini-series coming, probably will explain what happened.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:16 pm    Post subject:

aw man. All these time travel experts poking holes in this comic book movie got me effed up. Lol. I'm sure there will be repercussions throughout the MCU with some of the choices made in this film. Just shut up and enjoy the ride.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Avengers was an even bigger disappointment than GoT episode 3.....

I just can’t believe they used a lame time travel plot for the end of the most elaborate 20+ film franchise ever.

If you run into your former self in the past, how does that not drastically change the future?
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:49 pm    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

This is Marvel. The universe is always in crisis. I could see Galactus of Dr. Doom as the next big baddie to replace Thanos.

I hope that they do Galactus as the next over arching super villain for the next phase of Marvel movies. Dr. Doom should be a big one too.

Next, I'd like to see X-Men vs Avengers. I think they could do a storyline in which Endgame (bleep) up various timelines and the X-Men from one timeline are out looking to fix it and discover it was the Avengers fault.

They could also use the Time Runs Out Beyonders storyline as the massive over arching story line for the next phase:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beyonders
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:23 pm    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:
Avengers was an even bigger disappointment than GoT episode 3.....

I just can’t believe they used a lame time travel plot for the end of the most elaborate 20+ film franchise ever.

If you run into your former self in the past, how does that not drastically change the future?

they explained that in the movie.....
Wvc0925
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Tony didn't need to sacrifice himself. Thanos had no army left. Thinking back that was a dumb move.
NMLaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:52 pm    Post subject:

He had to get rid of Thanos...that was the only way for them to win for all time (according to Dr. Strange).
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Wvc0925 wrote:
Tony didn't need to sacrifice himself. Thanos had no army left. Thinking back that was a dumb move.

Huh? The Black Order was still alive, there were still many Wakandans, sorcerers, and other beings still fighting his army. If Tony hadn’t gotten the stones from Thanos, he would’ve snapped and killed everyone on earth. When Tony got the stones they were already eating away on his right arm’s armor, holding onto them any longer and the stones would’ve killed him anyway.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Wvc0925 wrote:

Huh? The Black Order was still alive, there were still many Wakandans, sorcerers, and other beings still fighting his army. If Tony hadn’t gotten the stones from Thanos, he would’ve snapped and killed everyone on earth. When Tony got the stones they were already eating away on his right arm’s armor, holding onto them any longer and the stones would’ve killed him anyway.

Looked like they clearly had the upper hand. Cpt marvel did a grip of damage on one fly by.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 7:53 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
My biggest gripe, no one, NO ONE, died during the last fight. I mean come on, Thanos is the big bad and no one dies "fighting" him outside of Tony Stark sacrificing himself basically. I wish Thanos would have taken out a couple of Avengers before losing.

Oh well, it was a fantastic superhero flick. Plot holes here and there but whatever it was awesome. End of an era.

Wait til you watch last night’s Game of Thrones episode....

Can we keep these posts in the appropriate thread, please?
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 7:59 am    Post subject:

Wvc0925 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Wvc0925 wrote:

Looked like they clearly had the upper hand. Cpt marvel did a grip of damage on one fly by.

In that moment either he used the stones or Thanos kills him. Either way he was gonna die, so he went out saving everyone.
Huskers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 9:54 am    Post subject:

After watching the movie, I now have questions regarding a future show on Disney+. How is WandaVision going to work? Vision didn't come back, and the stone will be destroyed. Is the prevailing thought that Wakanda will 'fix' him so he isn't tied to stone any longer like they were trying to do in IW? And after seeing the end of her arc, I'm not sure how invested I will be in seeing an origin/stand alone Black Widow movie.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 6 of 12
Jump to: