Phil Jackson makes surprise visit to Lakers' practice facility
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
renzo1200
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject: Phil Jackson makes surprise visit to Lakers' practice facility

Bye Luke?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25519008/phil-jackson-visits-los-angeles-lakers-practice-facility
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Yep.

Quote:
Ramona Shelburne
@ramonashelburne

Know it was a big deal to see @PhilJackson11 at the Lakers facility today. The only difference about today is that he was seen. Phil stops by often when he is in LA. He's got good relationships with several Lakers coaches/staffers including Luke and Coby Karl
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:31 pm    Post subject:

He's not persona non grata?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Phil Jackson makes surprise visit to Lakers' practice facility

renzo1200 wrote:
Bye Luke?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25519008/phil-jackson-visits-los-angeles-lakers-practice-facility

Phil Jackson won't be coaching the Lakers.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:37 pm    Post subject:

There's 3 things people need to keep in mind.

Firstly in 2014 Phil said his health will prevent him from ever coaching again. He really shouldn't have coached 2011 or 2012.

Secondly Lebron has no respect for him.

Thirdly the NBA is a completely different game now, and he's 73 going on 74.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:53 pm    Post subject:

didn't know he could still walk
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if him and Lebron have interacted since he signed with the Lakers. I know Phil's use of the word posse to describe Lebron's entourage a few years back really irked LBJ.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:10 pm    Post subject:

Ramona Shelburne

@ramonashelburne

Know it was a big deal to see @PhilJackson11 at the Lakers facility today. The only difference about today is that he was seen. Phil stops by often when he is in LA. He's got good relationships with several Lakers coaches/staffers including Luke and Coby Karl

4:46 PM - 12 Dec 2018
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:22 pm    Post subject:

Knowing media will run with this and make this an unnecessary distraction to this team, Jeanie buss and magic should not have allowed Phil Jackson to visit the facility for any reason. I can’t think of a reason for this visit other than Phil being Phil trying to grab some media attention. As much as I wish Luke be gone, I’d pick him over Phil Jackson any day.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Knowing media will run with this and make this an unnecessary distraction to this team, Jeanie buss and magic should not have allowed Phil Jackson to visit the facility for any reason. I can’t think of a reason for this visit other than Phil being Phil trying to grab some media attention. As much as I wish Luke be gone, I’d pick him over Phil Jackson any day.

it's simply not that big of a deal
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:40 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Agree, he was seated in a balcony above the court and it doesn't seem like he was trying to call attention to himself. He's done coaching, at 73 years old with $24million from James Dolan in the bank, who needs the long flights and aggravation?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:

that depends....did he wear all 11 rings (one on the toe in those Birkenstock's)?
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:41 pm    Post subject:

time to it
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:15 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

They should ban a guy who coached the team to 5 titles from the facility and from seeing his ex-gf and his former player and other former colleagues? You realize that is totally insane, right?

He's not angling for anything. He's just a Hall of Famer visiting with his friends. Maybe he's got some tips for Luke, but that's about it. Like he's going to come in and make Lebron run the Triangle? Come on.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

I’m pro Jeanie and Magic, but I can’t help but to agree with you here. For whatever reason he doesn’t have the greatest relationship with Rich Paul and Lebron. I know they’re all grown men, but they’re grown men with tremendously large egos (see Phil’s reaction to Kobe missing his fist bump). Not sure if they’ll ever make up. And we need RP if we want any chance at (44 points & 18 rebounds over the Thunder) AD. And yes Phil brought us 5 titles, but he was also terrible at basketball. He had no room to talk about what Lebron does.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject:

#posse
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

I’m pro Jeanie and Magic, but I can’t help but to agree with you here. For whatever reason he doesn’t have the greatest relationship with Rich Paul and Lebron. I know they’re all grown men, but they’re grown men with tremendously large egos (see Phil’s reaction to Kobe missing his fist bump). Not sure if they’ll ever make up. And we need RP if we want any chance at (44 points & 18 rebounds over the Thunder) AD. And yes Phil brought us 5 titles, but he was also terrible at basketball. He had no room to talk about what Lebron does.

Lakers Championships as of today....

PJax - 5
Lebron - 0
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:07 pm    Post subject:

do it Mitch!
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:10 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Thankfully Lebron is a professional and doesn't get bent out of shape because some of his co-workers are talking to an ex-employee who once pissed him off. You people are inventing drama that literally doesn't exist between these men.

This is crazy even by LG standards--you really think that RP would block his client being traded to play with the Lakers because Phil Jackson visited Jeannie and Rambis one day? That's mental. Phil made a dumb comment about Lebron once. Phil made lots of dumb comments in his time to try to get under people's skin. That was his schtick. I highly doubt Lebron is maintaining a multi-year grudge so intense that he would freak out because his boss had a meeting with Phil. Where do you people get this nonsense from?
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Thankfully Lebron is a professional and doesn't get bent out of shape because some of his co-workers are talking to an ex-employee who once pissed him off. You people are inventing drama that literally doesn't exist between these men.

This is crazy even by LG standards--you really think that RP would block his client being traded to play with the Lakers because Phil Jackson visited Jeannie and Rambis one day? That's mental. Phil made a dumb comment about Lebron once. Phil made lots of dumb comments in his time to try to get under people's skin. That was his schtick. I highly doubt Lebron is maintaining a multi-year grudge so intense that he would freak out because his boss had a meeting with Phil. Where do you people get this nonsense from?

He visits constantly and Lebron says nothing at all. Luke Walton talks regularly with him and Lebron says nothing at all. No drama, no fuss, no muss.

He'll never coach Lebron but he's allowed to freaking visit xD
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject:

What if he comes back Tex Winter style? I think that could be incredible?
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:19 pm    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Agree, he was seated in a balcony above the court and it doesn't seem like he was trying to call attention to himself. He's done coaching, at 73 years old with $24million from James Dolan in the bank, who needs the long flights and aggravation?
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject:

He’s got nothing else better to do, also wants to support Luke I’m sure.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:25 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
I wonder if him and Lebron have interacted since he signed with the Lakers. I know Phil's use of the word posse to describe Lebron's entourage a few years back really irked LBJ.

That's exac rite. Good memory. It was a bad mix of Phil selecting a loaded word on purpose and LeBron immediately taking it THAT way, probably as Phil had wanted (evil genius). Reminded me of the use of "sabotage" re Kobe.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:50 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

that depends....did he wear all 11 rings (one on the toe in those Birkenstock's)?

Don't forget 2 rings as a player, the guy has 13 of those...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: