Buddy Hield older than he's listed
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject: Buddy Hield older than he's listed

Quote:
Kings' Buddy Hield sets record straight on his age: He's 26, not 25

ESPN

Buddy Hield has emerged as a breakout star for the Sacramento Kings in his third season, playing with a fearlessness and confidence that seems beyond his years.

Or maybe not.

The Kings guard says he turned 26 on Monday, even though he's listed as 25 in the Kings' media guide and on the NBA's official website.

Hield doesn't know where the bad info got started, but he says it didn't come from him.

"That's their fault, not my fault," Hield told NBC Bay Area on Thursday. "The first time I saw it on Wikipedia, my mom said, 'Why do they have your age wrong?' I said, 'I have no idea.'"

Hield, who was born in Freeport in the Bahamas, came to the United States in 2010 with his passport, which lists his correct date of birth.

"My passport has 1992 on it. My driver's license has 1992 on it," Hield said. "I just think people got their information from Wikipedia or wherever, and they just went with it. They just got it wrong."

Hield said when he was a college star at Oklahoma, the Sooners had his correct info. He said he thought the mistake began when someone input his information into the NBA's database.

He wasn't trying to pull anything over on the Kings, though. He gave them his passport, so Kings general manager Vlade Divac and director of player personnel Peja Stojakovic know his correct age.

"That's the only thing that matters," he said.

Hield leads the Kings with a 19.9 scoring average, shooting 48 percent from the field and 43.3 percent from 3-point range. He's averaging 31 minutes and career highs in rebounds (5.0) and assists (2.5).

Anybody buying this story?

Quotes from Kings' reddit:

Quote:
so much for our young backcourt smh

Quote:
This is the only type of (bleep) that would happen to the Kings.

Quote:
We already know he is a senior coming from college, but still, it is pretty crazy he is older than Beal who come in 2012 draft. It is unfortunate 2 of our center piece is already 26 when we are about to complete the rebuild

Quote:
This reminds me of some athletes born in Africa who usually either lie about their age or have incorrect information in their birth certificates. This is particularly common in soccer clubs across Europe. One year is not a huge issue, but there were instances were the athletes were +5-10 years older.

Quote:
Nice, it means we have a good player locked up for an affordable price while being in his prime.

Quote:
Yes, it does matter to me because it once again shows how incompetent Kings management is. As another user pointed out, this could only happen to the Kings lol.

Quote:
Really just means that he’ll be 29 instead of 28 when he’s up for his next payday, which is significant. He’ll be considered an older player by the end of the next contract he gets which may impact negotiations.

Quote:
He'll be 27, not 29... He'll still be 26 next offseason because it was just his birthday and will be 27 the offseason after that, which will be his free agency year.

Quote:
Buddy at 26 is five years older than Fox at 21 (Happy Birthday) and to think they came from consecutive draft classes...!

I mean we already knew that a small gap existed to begin with, but hopefully the Kings can be contending within the next five years or so before Buddy and Bogdanovic (and WCS if he's resigned) start to decline after hitting 30.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: Buddy Hield older than he's listed

And from r/NBA

Quote:
2017 Rookie of the Year Malcolm Brogdon and Buddy Hield are a couple of young rising prospects who happen to be the same age (26) as Kyrie Irving. Lol

Quote:
Yeah, in 4 years Jayson Tatum will be 2 years away from being the same age as Buddy Hield right now.

Quote:
he is older than andre drummond, bradley beal. exc from the 2012 draft class. he is the same age as a bunch of guys from the 2011 draft class.

Quote:
And only 2 years younger than boogie cousins, the older player that he was traded for since the kings wanted to get younger talent for their aging superstar

Quote:
Older than Kentavius Caldwell-Pope

Quote:
Crap, he's from the Bahamas? I guess we know the real reason why Ayton looks like a 30 year old man, now.

Quote:
One year younger than Kawhi Leonard

Quote:
Older than Steven Adams and Andre Drummond lol

Quote:
That means he was nearly 24 when he played his first NBA game.

(bleep) that's old as hell.

Quote:
Hell it is not normal for a college graduate to be that old, I would have had to have been held back 3 years to be 24 and coming out of college.

Quote:
Buddy "Danny Almonte" Hield

Quote:
Killer reference bro, love the LLWS and that was over a decade ago already, crazy

Quote:
Someone needs to check Thon Maker and Isaac Bonga.

Quote:
bonga plays like an 18yo but has the face of a 60yo

Quote:
2 years older than Giannis..

Quote:
Reminds me of the time Miguel Tejada was actually 33 when everyone else thought he was 31.

Quote:
I use the same strategy on tinder

Quote:
Is there going to be a reveal like this for Stanley Johnson? Because I'm sure he's been in the league for forever and he's apparently only 22.

Quote:
Serge Ibaka is 43, not 29, as Raptors forward reveals age incorrectly listed

Quote:
remember when this ruined shabazz muhammads career?

Quote:
I think it's kind of telling that this guy hasn't formally cleared the air in 3 years. Like, why not bring it up earlier?

Quote:
He should be banned for lying!

It's practically the same as one of the best young prospects in Indian soccer, until they found out he was 28, not 16 as he claimed...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6514123/Indian-footballer-Mukhi-discovered-aged-28-suspended-pretending-16-year-old.html
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Seems like much ado about nothing.

The guy is averaging 20 ppg. on 48-33-86 shooting. Whether he's 25 or 26 isn't a big deal. Either way, he's still a young guy with lots of tread on the tire.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:

The guy is averaging 20 ppg. on 48-33-86 shooting. Whether he's 25 or 26 isn't a big deal. Either way, he's still a young guy with lots of tread on the tire.

The story is odd though. How does this finally come out now?
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:02 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:

I think you mean 48-43-86, unless there's some type of shooting I don't know about. But yeah, he's a nice player. I'd take him at any age.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
activeverb wrote:

I guess because he is playing well enough for people to care.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
activeverb wrote:

No, he set the record straight. Why is he setting the record straight now?
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:13 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
activeverb wrote:

Maybe he's more secure about his career now with the season he's having. If Sac FO knew like he said from his passport when they drafted, it's no big deal. Even then, look at the reactions from fans lol. Imagine if he was playing like his rookie season when he said this?
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
activeverb wrote:

Maybe he's more secure about his career now with the season he's having. If Sac FO knew like he said from his passport when they drafted, it's no big deal. Even then, look at the reactions from fans lol. Imagine if he was playing like his rookie season when he said this?

Yeah, you lost me on your explanation. He wasn't drafted by the Kings, he was drafted by the Pelicans.

You said, as long as the Kings know, ok. What about the Pelicans? Did they know when they drafted him?

This story is just bizarre. Buddy Hield's explanation is that one day his mom was looking at wikipedia and noticed his age was wrong - so he blames it on wikipedia.

The Kings are blaming it on Oklahoma. It's just weird.

For instance, right now, we know Zion Williamson's birthdate is: Jul 6, 2000. How do we know that's real? https://basketball.realgm.com/player/Zion-Williamson/Summary/104845

We knew Luka Doncic's birthdate long before he was in the NBA. How come the only one that got the birthdate wrong was Hield?

And everyone knew but no one said a word? So, before Hield entered the draft, there was his birthdate floating around somewhere (like Zion Williamson). He goes to work out with each team - does he tell each team that he's actually a year older? Or he just let's them all believe he's actually a year younger.

So, after he's drafted by the Pelicans, now what? He goes and shows them his DL and Passport and turns out, he's a year older? So the Pelicans don't say anything? Nothing to the media? Then, when the Pelicans are engaged in trade talks with the Kings, do they tell the Kings? Hey, just to let you know, Hield is actually a year older, but we never mentioned it to the NBA or tried to fix it or anything.

So, it's just a weird story.

And if he was actually a year younger, how quickly would he have corrected that? As soon as the mock drafts were putting him down for being old for the draft, his agent would have fixed that real quick. So there's a bit of intentional deception going on here, no doubt.

Quote:
Kings say discrepancy with Buddy Hield’s age due to typo by Oklahoma Athletic Department

So, it turns out us all thinking Sacramento Kings guard Buddy Hield was 25 years old instead of 26 is all Oklahoma’s fault.

Apparently, when the Oklahoma Athletic Department submitted Hield’s paperwork to the NBA at the time of the draft in 2016, they made a typo in his birthdate, which led to everyone believing he was a year younger than he actually is:

Jason Anderson
@JandersonSacBee
As recently revealed, @SacramentoKings G Buddy Hield is 26 now, not 25. The Kings tell me the discrepancy was caused by a typo when the @OU_Athletics submitted paperwork to the #NBA, an error that was repeated in Hield's player bio for the past 2+ seasons.

Uh, alright.

This is bizarre, to say the least. I can’t think of any scenario where this has happened before. The best part is, Hield probably saw his bio at some point over the last couple of years and noticed the age.

Unless Hield was wondering if his parents lied to him about his birthdate, he had to know there was an error there, which makes this all the more hilarious.

But, in all seriousness, that one year actually does make a pretty big difference.

In the NBA, one year in age can mean all of the difference between earning a four-year or a three-year deal. Hield comes up for his first big contract at the end of next season. At that point, he will be 27 years old.

Let’s also not forget that Hield was a rare four-year college player, something you don’t see very often these days. As a result, he is quite a bit older than his peers in the 2016 NBA Draft class, which can absolutely have an effect on his value moving forward.

This season, Buddy Hield is averaging 19.9 points, 5.0 rebounds and 2.5 assists over 30.8 minutes per game while shooting 47.9 percent from the floor, 43.3 percent from 3-point range and 86.2 percent from the free-throw line.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:56 am    Post subject:

Anyone here losing sleep over this?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:40 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:

At 26 he's not basketball young, he's in his prime. It's actually telling that his monster SR year at Oklahoma was actually when he was 23-24 years old (NBA vet aged) going up against 18-22 year olds every game.

Jamal Murray is five years younger than him! Imagine what Murray looks like in five years. Would Murray have been selected ahead of Hield if the Pels knew about Buddy's advanced age?
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
activeverb wrote:

At 26 he's not basketball young, he's in his prime. It's actually telling that his monster SR year at Oklahoma was actually when he was 23-24 years old (NBA vet aged) going up against 18-22 year olds every game.

Jamal Murray is five years younger than him! Imagine what Murray looks like in five years. Would Murray have been selected ahead of Hield if the Pels knew about Buddy's advanced age?

Yeah, all I've heard is him saying he let the Kings know by giving him his passport. Why would he have to let the Kings know? Isn't that backwards?

Should the Kings have already known when they were in trade talks with the Pelicans?

"Look, I gotta tell you Vlade, Hield is actually a year older than he's listed ok?"

Didn't he work out for the Kings predraft? Did he let the Kings know then? Was he bringing his passport to the workouts and giving them to every team? That would seem kind of odd because according to his story, he didn't know his age was wrong until his mom told him about wikipedia.

I think at the very least, his agent was in on this deception. This paints a bad picture on his agent. Wonder who his agent is?

Also, makes you wonder why he's a year older? Do they start school late in the Bahamas? Was he held back in school? Does this mean he graduated high school as a 20 year old?

Did his teammates know? Don't they celebrate his birthday every year? When they make him a cake, have they had the wrong age on it all this time? It's strange.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:24 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
activeverb wrote:

1. I don't buy the notion that 26 is some magical cutoff, and that a player being 25 is dramatically different than him being 26 and three days old.

2. The draft question seems irrelevant to me. First, the Pelicans didn't draft him. Sacramento drafted Hield and they say they always knew his correct birth date. Within 25 games or so traded him to the Pelicans because they had a chance to get Cousins; if the Kings had drafted Murray, he would have undoubtedly been the one traded.

3. Murray and Hield have both been in the league for three years. You can't assume Murray is going to have a much greater upward trajectory at this point than Hield just because he's younger. Players are all over the map in terms of how much and whether they improve significantly after their third year.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:27 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
2. The draft question seems irrelevant to me. First, the Pelicans didn't draft him. Sacramento drafted Hield and they say they always knew his correct birth date. Within 25 games or so traded him to the Pelicans because they had a chance to get Cousins; if the Kings had drafted Murray, he would have undoubtedly been the one traded.

Thanks for the correction. So Sacramento drafted Hield then traded him to the Pelicans for Cousins?

How'd he get back to Sacramento though? Or, wait. Is he still with the Pelicans?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
activeverb wrote:

Thanks for the correction. So Sacramento drafted Hield then traded him to the Pelicans for Cousins?

How'd he get back to Sacramento though? Or, wait. Is he still with the Pelicans?

Sorry, I had it reversed. He was drafted by the Pelicans, in July 2016, and they traded him to Sacramento in February for Cousins. Sacramento says they always knew his real age.

He's done well for them. He's a 20 ppg. at 48-44-85 shooting. He's made a jump this season while a lot of the guys who were looking better last season have had a bit of a downturn. Too early for me to guess how the 2016 draft class will eventually be ranked.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:47 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
activeverb wrote:

Sorry, I had it reversed. He was drafted by the Pelicans, in July 2016, and they traded him to Sacramento in February for Cousins. Sacramento says they always knew his real age.

Cool, thanks for the re-correction.

So, the Kings ALWAYS knew you say. But, the Kings are blaming Oklahoma saying that they submitted the wrong info during the draft. So how'd they ALWAYS know?

Do teams check this info when engaging in trade talks?

"So, by the way, what is Buddy Hield's real birthdate?"

I mean, we just had a trade where they didn't even get the names right: Marshon or Dillan Brooks? You think they checked the age?

You actually think they check the ages when they execute a trade? I think a trade is agreed to before they actually check the DL and passport. So if the Kings knew, they found out after they already agreed to trade for Hield.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
activeverb wrote:

So, the Kings ALWAYS knew you say. But, the Kings are blaming Oklahoma saying that they submitted the wrong info during the draft. So how'd they ALWAYS know?

I mean, we just had a trade where they didn't even get the names right: Marshon or Dillan Brooks? You think they checked the age?

You actually think they check the ages when they execute a trade? I think a trade is agreed to before they actually check the DL and passport. So if the Kings knew, they found out after they already agreed to trade for Hield.

1. All I know is that Vlade Divac, the King's GM, has said that he always knew Hield's real age.

2. I know that players have to pass medical exams after a trade, and the trade can be cancelled if issues arise. I have no idea if teams are required to certify players' ages or provide any other information like that before a trade.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:22 am    Post subject:

to me this is a red flag. okay so we now know his "real" age, how do we know that's even his real age again? the dude could very well be 30 and he looks the part too. point is, once you get caught lying on age (his fault or others), then people will keep questioning.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:05 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
activeverb wrote:

1. All I know is that Vlade Divac, the King's GM, has said that he always knew Hield's real age.

2. I know that players have to pass medical exams after a trade, and the trade can be cancelled if issues arise. I have no idea if teams are required to certify players' ages or provide any other information like that before a trade.

Yeah, but when you piece everything together, it's just an odd story.

You know how weird this is? Imagine if Lonzo came out today and said he's actually 22 instead of 21 and then Magic was like, yeah, we knew....

That's how weird it would be.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:15 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:

You know how weird this is? Imagine if Lonzo came out today and said he's actually 22 instead of 21 and then Magic was like, yeah, we knew....

It's weird, but not a big deal in my view. Maybe his age got listed wrong on Wikipedia and everyone just grabbed it from that or something, so it spread across the Internet. I don't get the impression Hield himself had anything to do with it, since he's the one who told reporters his correct age.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:

It's weird, but not a big deal in my view. Maybe his age got listed wrong on Wikipedia and everyone just grabbed it from that or something, so it spread across the Internet. I don't get the impression Hield himself had anything to do with it, since he's the one who told reporters his correct age.

That's just odd how wikipedia would be so powerful and how it would only happen to Hield.

A part of why you feel it's not a big deal is because - it's a Sacramento Kings player. That's why I said imagine if it was Lonzo Ball. There'd be a ton more digging into how this actually happened.

The story that's told just isn't plausible. It'd be like if Lonzo was actually 22 and we all believe he's 21. And he blames it on wikipedia. It's just not plausible.

Let's take the example of Zion Williamson. He's at Duke right now and we know his birthdate. Jul 7, 2000. So he's 18 right now.

The story from the Kings camp is that Oklahoma submitted the wrong birthdate.

So, let's say next year, Duke submits the wrong birthdate (Jul 7, 2001). So next year, would people not catch that? He'd still be 17 going into next year's draft.

Hield played all 4 years at Oklahoma. According to the Kings, his age got mixed up during the draft process. So that means his age was right at Oklahoma.

So, he was:

Fr - 20-21
So - 21-22
Jr - 22-23
Sr - 23-24

Then he entered the draft and Oklahoma submitted the wrong birthdate and all of a sudden, he's now a 22-23 yr old prospect.

And this is plausible to you? No one caught that he just got a year younger?

Or, was his age listed wrong all 4 years at Oklahoma? Which meant, when he came to Oklahoma, his age was listed wrong.

How does that happen? Who knows. But that means, his age has been wrong ever since he came to the US and enrolled at Oklahoma. That means, it's been 7 years that his age has been wrong before he came clean.

And he just found out about this through wikipedia? That's kind of a ridiculous story.

And here's a mock draft before he was drafted - before Oklahoma could even submit NBA draft paperwork: They list him as a 22 year old.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/draft/2016/03/29/ben-simmons-brandon-ingram-buddy-hield-dragon-bender-jamal-murray-nba-draft/82387084/

So what his age right at Oklahoma? Or did Oklahoma have the wrong age as well? Surely, Oklahoma doesn't get his age from a wikipedia page. And, we know that Oklahoma needs to submit draft paperwork on his behalf. So, what birthdate did Oklahoma submit?
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Rachel Nichols

@Rachel__Nichols

So we were talking about Buddy Hield being a year older than everyone thought he was, and somehow it turned into @Official_BScott telling stories on his old Lakers teammate @MychelThompson 😂
Mychel, we'll be waiting for your reply on the radio...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1077319253743812608
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
That's just odd how wikipedia would be so powerful and how it would only happen to Hield.

There are tons of mistakes on Wikipedia. I am sure the web site has lots of incorrect birthdates. Just to clarify: I don't know if that's where it started. I have no idea how so many places came to list his age incorrectly.

LongBeachPoly wrote:
A part of why you feel it's not a big deal is because - it's a Sacramento Kings player. That's why I said imagine if it was Lonzo Ball. There'd be a ton more digging into how this actually happened.

For me, it wouldn't be bigger or smaller deal if it involved Ball.

LongBeachPoly wrote:
The story that's told just isn't plausible.

It's certainly possible that Hield or his parents gave someone the wrong age at some point on purpose, or some administrator entered it wrong or something. Heck, theoretically, Hield could have submitted an incorrect birthdate to Wikipedia himself. However, Hield said he never lied about it and I've heard no accusation or evidence he did.

My guess is we'll never know what happened.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
It's certainly possible that Hield or his parents gave someone the wrong age at some point on purpose, or some administrator entered it wrong or something. Heck, theoretically, Hield could have submitted an incorrect birthdate to Wikipedia himself. However, Hield said he never lied about it and I've heard no accusation or evidence he did.

My guess is we'll never know what happened.

Do you get what I'm saying though? It goes beyond a wikipedia page, or an administrator at school, it goes beyond all that.

You can't go around all these years with the wrong age without knowing about it.

It is just not plausible. At some point, you know if the school has your age wrong. At some point, you know that the mock drafts have your age wrong.

I'm not saying it's not plausible that wikipedia has it wrong, ok. But it's not plausible that Hield went all these years and didn't know about it. And it's not plausible that everyone knew and no one said a word.

When he signed with his agent, he had to present ID to his agent. So his agent knew. All the mock drafts had him listed as a 22 year old. His agent never said a word.

The teams working him out, probably thought he was a 22 year old. His agent never said a word.

The Kings blamed it on Oklahoma for submitting bad paperwork. That means the Kings thought they were working out a 22 year old.

NBA.com right now lists his correct age. What did they list before? His incorrect age? Where did they get that info from? Wikipedia as well? Or from Oklahoma? Seems kind of odd right? Wouldn't they get that info straight from the teams? Or maybe, when he came into the predraft workouts?

Where is the NBA getting the info for the other players? Wikipedia as well? How do we know these are the real ages for Lonzo, LeBron, Ingram? Where are they getting their info? Wikipedia?

You see what I'm getting at? It just doesn't seem plausible at all that any of this happened accidentally.

One time accident, I can understand. But how can a one time accident go on for the last 7 years? How can one administrator at Oklahoma entering his info wrong - carry throughout his entire NBA career?

Just seems like a ridiculous story. One thing everyone knows, is their age and their birthdate.

When it's wrong, you know it. The whole world can't just have your birthdate wrong and it's all accidental.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:31 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:

Just seems like a ridiculous story. One thing everyone knows, is their age and their birthdate.

Hield's story is that he knew incorrect information about his age was on the Internet when his mom called him about the wrong date on his Wikipedia profile. We don't know how long ago that happened, so he might have known that his birthdate was being listed wrong in some places on the Internet for years.

Hield said he's as confused as everyone else how the faulty information got there in the first place and spread, and he said he provided the documentation about his correct age whenever he was asked for it.

It's a weird story, but it's anyone's guess how it happened.

I have no idea if teams had the correct information about his age. However, I wouldn't expect his agent to remind them of his age if they did not ask him directly.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: