*** ALL-STAR VOTING NOW ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Aug 2008
Posts: 11426
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:47 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Lebron leads everybody. Kuz and Lonzo still 8th.

1. Lebron: 2,779,882
8. Kuz: 584,842
8. Lonzo: 529,164

Quote:
The second returns of #NBAAllStar Voting 2019 presented by @Google!

Vote on http://NBA.com , the NBA App or by searching for your favorite player or team on Google.
Vote now! https://on.nba.com/2Lp27Lb

https://twitter.com/NBAAllStar/status/1083439000197754880


Only LeBron actually deserves to be an all star, unfortunately we place people
where they don't belong.
_________________
The move
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 27344

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:59 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
How does Rose have more votes than Harden? Ridiculous.

They gotta give less weight to the fans.


It’s an exhibition game for the fans, it should be 100% fan voting. Give the fans who they want to see.



Since the system was put in place, a player had to be in the top 3 for guards and top 4 for frontcourt in fan voting to make the team.

The system was designed to eliminate stupid fan choices like Zazu and it's done that. I think it was a great solution to counter ballot stuffing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 26897

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:02 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
32 wrote:
Lebron leads everybody. Kuz and Lonzo still 8th.

1. Lebron: 2,779,882
8. Kuz: 584,842
8. Lonzo: 529,164

Quote:
The second returns of #NBAAllStar Voting 2019 presented by @Google!

Vote on http://NBA.com , the NBA App or by searching for your favorite player or team on Google.
Vote now! https://on.nba.com/2Lp27Lb

https://twitter.com/NBAAllStar/status/1083439000197754880


Only LeBron actually deserves to be an all star, unfortunately we place people
where they don't belong.


By the way, which team do you root for?
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊

New years resolution suggestion: I will try to root for all Lakers players, not just my favorite.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 10574

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject:

some seem to think that All Star votes are a measure of a players skill
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
1ngr4m
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Dec 2011
Posts: 6238

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:52 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
How does Rose have more votes than Harden? Ridiculous.

They gotta give less weight to the fans.


It’s an exhibition game for the fans, it should be 100% fan voting. Give the fans who they want to see.



Since the system was put in place, a player had to be in the top 3 for guards and top 4 for frontcourt in fan voting to make the team.

The system was designed to eliminate stupid fan choices like Zazu and it's done that. I think it was a great solution to counter ballot stuffing.


Zaza being in the All Star game makes it more entertaining
_________________
Did Jordan Clarkson think Metta's 3 at the end was going in? "I don't know. He was shaking like a stripper in the corner."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 27344

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:13 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
activeverb wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
How does Rose have more votes than Harden? Ridiculous.

They gotta give less weight to the fans.


It’s an exhibition game for the fans, it should be 100% fan voting. Give the fans who they want to see.



Since the system was put in place, a player had to be in the top 3 for guards and top 4 for frontcourt in fan voting to make the team.

The system was designed to eliminate stupid fan choices like Zazu and it's done that. I think it was a great solution to counter ballot stuffing.


Zaza being in the All Star game makes it more entertaining


Maybe it's more entertaining for you. I think it would make a mockery of the game and I'm glad the NBA agrees with me and took steps to stop it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 42232

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Kuuuuuuuuz!
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
1ngr4m
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Dec 2011
Posts: 6238

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:25 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
activeverb wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
How does Rose have more votes than Harden? Ridiculous.

They gotta give less weight to the fans.


It’s an exhibition game for the fans, it should be 100% fan voting. Give the fans who they want to see.



Since the system was put in place, a player had to be in the top 3 for guards and top 4 for frontcourt in fan voting to make the team.

The system was designed to eliminate stupid fan choices like Zazu and it's done that. I think it was a great solution to counter ballot stuffing.


Zaza being in the All Star game makes it more entertaining


Maybe it's more entertaining for you. I think it would make a mockery of the game and I'm glad the NBA agrees with me and took steps to stop it.


Mockery of what? The all star game might be the most boring event of the evening, I haven't watched a single all star game till Kobe was playing in them.

an All-Star game would be fun if we could see which group of superstars wins in a competitive game. That's why they're all-stars, how would they fair in a mega game against each other. It's not even a glorified pick up game anymore because even in pick up games they pretend to play defense.

So for me personally, in a game like that, I'd like to see a controversial pick piss people off and see someone not on that level randomly be playing in a game full of superstars. Atleast there would be a comedy aspect to it.
_________________
Did Jordan Clarkson think Metta's 3 at the end was going in? "I don't know. He was shaking like a stripper in the corner."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 27344

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:33 pm    Post subject:

^
They should just add a couple midgets, an old Harlem Globetrotter, and a dog that can balance the ball on its nose to each team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Aug 2008
Posts: 11426
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:35 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
deal wrote:
32 wrote:
Lebron leads everybody. Kuz and Lonzo still 8th.

1. Lebron: 2,779,882
8. Kuz: 584,842
8. Lonzo: 529,164

Quote:
The second returns of #NBAAllStar Voting 2019 presented by @Google!

Vote on http://NBA.com , the NBA App or by searching for your favorite player or team on Google.
Vote now! https://on.nba.com/2Lp27Lb

https://twitter.com/NBAAllStar/status/1083439000197754880


Only LeBron actually deserves to be an all star, unfortunately we place people
where they don't belong.


By the way, which team do you root for?


Lakers but I'm not going to vote Lonzo into an All Star
game over say Curry. There is little thing called merit.
_________________
The move
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
1ngr4m
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Dec 2011
Posts: 6238

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:37 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
^
They should just add a couple midgets, an old Harlem Globetrotter, and a dog that can balance the ball on its nose to each team.


Honestly man, I think you may be on to something.

NBA Superstars+ Globetrotters + midgets dressed as Umpa Lumpas and some circus animals would be the most watched event of the year.
_________________
Did Jordan Clarkson think Metta's 3 at the end was going in? "I don't know. He was shaking like a stripper in the corner."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 26897

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:53 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
epak wrote:
deal wrote:
32 wrote:
Lebron leads everybody. Kuz and Lonzo still 8th.

1. Lebron: 2,779,882
8. Kuz: 584,842
8. Lonzo: 529,164

Quote:
The second returns of #NBAAllStar Voting 2019 presented by @Google!

Vote on http://NBA.com , the NBA App or by searching for your favorite player or team on Google.
Vote now! https://on.nba.com/2Lp27Lb

https://twitter.com/NBAAllStar/status/1083439000197754880


Only LeBron actually deserves to be an all star, unfortunately we place people
where they don't belong.


By the way, which team do you root for?


Lakers but I'm not going to vote Lonzo into an All Star
game over say Curry. There is little thing called merit.


Cool. Was just wondering.
You seemed like you were upset that certain Lakers were getting votes.

But I guess I understand where you're coming from.
The all-star game has been a staple of integrity where only the best of the best play and give it their all with hotly contested offense and defense. Tis a shame that fans would waste votes for the unworthy. Shame on them.
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊

New years resolution suggestion: I will try to root for all Lakers players, not just my favorite.


Last edited by epak on Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KOBE WAN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 20 May 2012
Posts: 342

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:52 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
activeverb wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
activeverb wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
How does Rose have more votes than Harden? Ridiculous.

They gotta give less weight to the fans.


It’s an exhibition game for the fans, it should be 100% fan voting. Give the fans who they want to see.



Since the system was put in place, a player had to be in the top 3 for guards and top 4 for frontcourt in fan voting to make the team.

The system was designed to eliminate stupid fan choices like Zazu and it's done that. I think it was a great solution to counter ballot stuffing.


Zaza being in the All Star game makes it more entertaining


Maybe it's more entertaining for you. I think it would make a mockery of the game and I'm glad the NBA agrees with me and took steps to stop it.


Mockery of what? The all star game might be the most boring event of the evening, I haven't watched a single all star game till Kobe was playing in them.

an All-Star game would be fun if we could see which group of superstars wins in a competitive game. That's why they're all-stars, how would they fair in a mega game against each other. It's not even a glorified pick up game anymore because even in pick up games they pretend to play defense.

So for me personally, in a game like that, I'd like to see a controversial pick piss people off and see someone not on that level randomly be playing in a game full of superstars. Atleast there would be a comedy aspect to it.


The scenario of the last all star game sparked a fire under Lebron to beat steph’s team. I remember is got intense at the end.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 24696
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Aldridge should be getting more votes, he just had 56 against a tough minded defensive team in OKC.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 26897

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:36 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Aldridge should be getting more votes, he just had 56 against a tough minded defensive team in OKC.


Did you vote for him?
Mr. Midrange.
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊

New years resolution suggestion: I will try to root for all Lakers players, not just my favorite.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Jun 2003
Posts: 5127
Location: Central Coast

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:37 am    Post subject:

I vote for the Lakers for the West and all former Lakers for the East! So you know where those Jose C. votes came from!
_________________
LAKERS 2018-2019: A NEW HOPE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2001
Posts: 17309

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:01 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Aldridge should be getting more votes, he just had 56 against a tough minded defensive team in OKC.


Did you vote for him?
Mr. Midrange.

I thought that was derozan?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Jun 2017
Posts: 1009

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:19 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
I vote for the Lakers for the West and all former Lakers for the East! So you know where those Jose C. votes came from!


i used to vote for the Lakers (+ Doncic, - James) in the West as well early (voted for the best players in the East), but got all sentimental about Wade, Carter and Rose, so had to include them lately. would love for them to be there
_________________
22 44 13 25
52 33 32 42
34 8 24 16
MPLS MIC
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 24880

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:52 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
How does Rose have more votes than Harden? Ridiculous.

They gotta give less weight to the fans.


It’s an exhibition game for the fans, it should be 100% fan voting. Give the fans who they want to see.



Since the system was put in place, a player had to be in the top 3 for guards and top 4 for frontcourt in fan voting to make the team.

The system was designed to eliminate stupid fan choices like Zazu and it's done that. I think it was a great solution to counter ballot stuffing.


Yeah, I forgot that there will be captains who choose their team so that's good.

I hear what VLF is saying, but, we don't want a John Scott scenario happening either which is what happens when you let the inmates run the asylum.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 27344

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:18 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
activeverb wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
How does Rose have more votes than Harden? Ridiculous.

They gotta give less weight to the fans.


It’s an exhibition game for the fans, it should be 100% fan voting. Give the fans who they want to see.



Since the system was put in place, a player had to be in the top 3 for guards and top 4 for frontcourt in fan voting to make the team.

The system was designed to eliminate stupid fan choices like Zazu and it's done that. I think it was a great solution to counter ballot stuffing.


Yeah, I forgot that there will be captains who choose their team so that's good.

I hear what VLF is saying, but, we don't want a John Scott scenario happening either which is what happens when you let the inmates run the asylum.


The captains dont pick who makes the team though.

The 10 starters are chosen by a vote (50% fans, 25% media, 25% players)

The 14 subs are chosen by coaches

And then the coaches draft from the starters and subs who were selected by the vote and coaches
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 99854
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:34 am    Post subject:

How does BI get such little love from the Lakers voting fanbase? Kuz/Lonzo were top 10 last year too but BI, nope.
_________________
#Load Management
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Apr 2017
Posts: 2243

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:42 am    Post subject:

If King dunks on PG, I’m buying the All-Star jersey and the poster, and will hang them in the trophy room for the rest of Brons career.
_________________
🌮
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 15899
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:51 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
How does BI get such little love from the Lakers voting fanbase? Kuz/Lonzo were top 10 last year too but BI, nope.


Why do BI, Kuz, or Lonzo deserve my vote?
_________________
"Suck it up. Don't be a baby. Do your job." - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 99854
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:54 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
How does BI get such little love from the Lakers voting fanbase? Kuz/Lonzo were top 10 last year too but BI, nope.


Why do BI, Kuz, or Lonzo deserve my vote?


Ask the hundreds of thousands that voted Lonzo/Kuz into top 8.
_________________
#Load Management
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 6869
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:41 am    Post subject:

It’s an All-Star game. It’s who fans want see. With that said, your votes count 2x’s today. So let’s get some more Lakers in there!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB