These last 2 games prove 1 thing...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:07 pm    Post subject: These last 2 games prove 1 thing...

The current squad without Bron/McGee/Rondo are good enough to build leads but aren’t talented enough to keep it. if the league doesn’t give the MVP to LeBron this year it will be a travesty.. he is the engine, at least Harden has another co-star next to him.. while LeBron has none.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:10 pm    Post subject:

(bleep) they can't consistently make FTs, they will never win much with that 1 out of 2 crap I see almost every game.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:17 pm    Post subject:

I'm really hoping this string of losses they're about to go on will bust a few egos. They've been a bit cocky recently, just my impression
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:19 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
I'm really hoping this string of losses they're about to go on will bust a few egos. They've been a bit cocky recently, just my impression

I think they just have a confident attitude especially now that they are playing with the best player in the league... it’s to bad LeBron and Rondo got injured, it threw the team off in a significant way.
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:23 pm    Post subject:

2 games don't prove anything.
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:25 pm    Post subject:

True 2 games don’t prove anything. Wait til they play the tough part of the schedule and are back in the lottery for a 6th straight year
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Too many missed free throws & turnovers
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:27 pm    Post subject:

PauPau wrote:

But it gives us an idea.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: These last 2 games prove 1 thing...

Inspector Gadget wrote:
The current squad without Bron/McGee/Rondo are good enough to build leads but aren’t talented enough to keep it. if the league doesn’t give the MVP to LeBron this year it will be a travesty.. he is the engine, at least Harden has another co-star next to him.. while LeBron has none.

Lebron has Ingram
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
PauPau wrote:

But it gives us an idea.

Screw that noise above you, IG. 2 games could be the margin of defeat in April when teams are vying for the 8th seed. 2 games is all it takes to be out. Tired of this December doesn't mean much nonsense. It's nothing but whistling past the graveyard, IG. You ever hear that term before? You're supposed to visualize someone walking by a graveyard and whistling to pretend there isn't a brain eating zombie behind them.
DaKing23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:30 pm    Post subject:

This team might be as bad as the Cavs...No Lebron=Guaranteed lose. I hope they prove me wrong down the line.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:33 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PauPau wrote:

But it gives us an idea.

Screw that noise above you, IG. 2 games could be the margin of defeat in April when teams are vying for the 8th seed. 2 games is all it takes to be out. Tired of this December doesn't mean much nonsense. It's nothing but whistling past the graveyard, IG. You ever hear that term before? You're supposed to visualize someone walking by a graveyard and whistling to pretend there isn't a brain eating zombie behind them.

I totally agree with you NPZ, these loses sting big time, FWIW, Stu even sounded frustrated when he talked about the team not having enough time together to show what they have during the game, it is what it is.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:37 pm    Post subject:

The one thing being this thread shouldn't exist
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:38 pm    Post subject:

DaKing23 wrote:
This team might be as bad as the Cavs...No Lebron=Guaranteed lose. I hope they prove me wrong down the line.

No LeBron, Rondo, JaVale
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PauPau wrote:

But it gives us an idea.

I totally agree with you NPZ, these loses sting big time, FWIW, Stu even sounded frustrated when he talked about the team not having enough time together to show what they have during the game, it is what it is.

Are we off the Bang-wagon at this point? Maybe we can just trot along side of the Bang-wagon and jump back on when Brawn comes back.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:47 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PauPau wrote:

But it gives us an idea.

Are we off the Bang-wagon at this point? Maybe we can just trot along side of the Bang-wagon and jump back on when Brawn comes back.

We were up 16 and 10 against 2 teams vying for a playoff spot, this team can win without LeBron, they just need to know how.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: These last 2 games prove 1 thing...

Inspector Gadget wrote:

At this point, I wouldn't complain if the MVP went to Giannis, Leonard or Lebron. They're all having great seasons.
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:48 pm    Post subject: Re: These last 2 games prove 1 thing...

activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

At this point, I wouldn't complain if the MVP went to Giannis, Leonard or Lebron. They're all having great seasons.

KL gets stats every game he plays but the Raps only win when Lowrey plays. Giannis scores 90% of his pts inside the key, mainly off dunks. If the key is packed with a big, he’s done.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject:

bandiger wrote:
(bleep) they can't consistently make FTs, they will never win much with that 1 out of 2 crap I see almost every game.

Defense and Free Throws wins games...!
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:52 am    Post subject:

Progressing as expected. Without LeBron/vets the young squad are about 0.500 type ball. Not bad, bout a yr or 2 away but that’s not LeBron’s timeline
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: These last 2 games prove 1 thing...

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Take Harden, Gordon and Capela off the Rockets and see how many games they win as well.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: These last 2 games prove 1 thing...

activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

As usual it will go to a player on a top 2-3 seed. And it should, there’s nothing valuable about a player on a 5th seeded team.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:58 am    Post subject:

Don't think the last two games prove anything in terms of the bigger picture. Game against Sac, we win that game 9 times out of 10. We just blew it that one time. Clippers game we were overmatched, they are a good team, that's going to happen on some nights.
Tick
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject:

I'll tell you what the Lakers DO need to do, they need to start fining players that miss FT's.

The fines should be two tiers:

Starters: $2000.00 for every missed FT.

Bench: $1000.00 for every missed FT

After missing 30 FT's an additional penalty fee kicks in:

Starters: $4000.00 for every missed FT

Bench: $2000.00 for every missed FT.

Once a player FT% rises above 85% they are no longer subject to fines.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject:

Tick wrote:
I'll tell you what the Lakers DO need to do, they need to start fining players that miss FT's.

Let me introduce you to the Collective Bargaining Agreement, no can do.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: