We had three number two picks in three straight drafts.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

Most people had Okafor going #2 when we took DLo. At least DLo had enough value to help us dump Mozgov, get Kuzma and sign Lebron.

DLo our most useful #2 pick so far.
And the best.

Snitches gets Stitches 🔪
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:08 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
People going "We should have drafted Poirzingis" are the same people that called Russell injury prone, but are significantly ignoring that this will be Kristaps 2nd year out of the league due to injury and injury recovery.

Bet you Kristaps as is has more trade value than BI + Zo right now.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:09 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
People going "We should have drafted Poirzingis" are the same people that called Russell injury prone, but are significantly ignoring that this will be Kristaps 2nd year out of the league due to injury and injury recovery.

LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:11 pm    Post subject:

OC Lakerfan wrote:
MJST wrote:

Probably but he will be injury prone. The big mistake happened in Zo's draft it appears. A lot of good players drafted after him. BI's draft wasn't so strong and he was the consensus #2 pick.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:16 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
MJST wrote:

Probably but he will be injury prone. The big mistake happened in Zo's draft it appears. A lot of good players drafted after him. BI's draft wasn't so strong and he was the consensus #2 pick.

Plus wegotta believe BI’s trade value is higher than Zo. Not too hard to replace a point guard in this league who can’t shoot anything and plays tough defense.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Hindsight draft:
2015: Kristaps Porzingis
2016: Jamal Murray
2017: Jayson Tatum

Jamal Murray
Jayson Tatum
Lebron James
Kyle Kuzma
Kristaps Porzingis

2015: it was a bold move not drafting Okafor and it turned out to be the right move. If not because of the injury, DLO would probably be better than Murray.

2016: Ingram was the consensus 2nd pick and I still have no regret of drafting him.

2017: Lonzo was NOT the consensus 2nd pick. But if your aim is to draft a player that would fit into a team of Ingram + LBJ + PG13 then Ball fits better than Fox and Tatum. I think Lonzo was drafted for the wrong reasons. The front office wanted to get rid of DLO to create cap space so we need to draft a PG. We need a player that can contribute without ball in his hands because our main offensive focus is to go through LBJ and PG13. The major mistake that Magic made was too being too confident with signing 2 max free agents. And he has given away young talent again and again
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:32 pm    Post subject:

OC Lakerfan wrote:
MJST wrote:

Well yea, he's gonna get a max extension and every team wants him so his value is ridiculous. I don't even know what we could get for BI + Zo right now. It's best not to discuss their trade values when it's low. Let's bring it up after they've got a triple doubles or something.
bluehill
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:46 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
MJST wrote:

Yeah, the BI pick was pretty easy in what is looking like a relatively weak draft (at least according to the analysts). Seems like Lonzo's draft was deep with guards but without a clear cut #1 or #2 so that draft you could take Tatum or Fox and it wouldn't have been as controversial.

I think one of the challenges being in LA or another big city is with a high pick, fans want someone they know, which means probably have seen in college and probably at a school with some exposure. I don't think many Knick's fans initially liked the Porzingis pick at that was at #4. I'm guessing LA fans would have been even more upset if we took him at #2. Taking DLo over Okafor seemed like a somewhat controversial move at the time.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Our best 2 lottery picks of the past 4 years have been let go. One is in Brooklyn to make wat for the chosen one who shoots 48% from the line and has zero points today while the other was sent away for nothing to New Orleans to free up space for some pipe dream for next summer. Bad management.

Ingram wasn’t a bad pick he has talent and can play. Maybe he’s not what we expect in a #2 pick but it wasn’t a bad pick. We got super lucky getting Kuzma and Hart late. Those were solid. Good management
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:14 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Hindsight draft:

Jamal Murray
Jayson Tatum
Lebron James
Kyle Kuzma
Kristaps Porzingis

2015: it was a bold move not drafting Okafor and it turned out to be the right move. If not because of the injury, DLO would probably be better than Murray.

2016: Ingram was the consensus 2nd pick and I still have no regret of drafting him.

2017: Lonzo was NOT the consensus 2nd pick. But if your aim is to draft a player that would fit into a team of Ingram + LBJ + PG13 then Ball fits better than Fox and Tatum. I think Lonzo was drafted for the wrong reasons. The front office wanted to get rid of DLO to create cap space so we need to draft a PG. We need a player that can contribute without ball in his hands because our main offensive focus is to go through LBJ and PG13. The major mistake that Magic made was too being too confident with signing 2 max free agents. And he has given away young talent again and again

Russell is way better than Murray, although I'm not sure why you're comparing them to begin with
PakaLOLO
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:37 pm    Post subject:

It’s alright my brother.. the lotto is hard. We did make it up with hart and Kuzma.

Give it some time and then we can fully analyze our picks. As for now, Enjoy the ride.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Nets almost have the same record as us and Dlo is ballin. He dropped 28 today going 6/14 from 3.
DA1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:16 pm    Post subject:

DLo is starting to look like the player he was thought to be coming out of OSU.

Letting him go was a mistake.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Could of taken fultz, okafor and brown

Good of been waaaay worse

PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:31 pm    Post subject:

DA1 wrote:

Yeah he is starting to become a real problem smh he was my favorite young player and I think trading him had nothing to do with basketball and everything to do with rubbing the wrong people wrong in LA.

I think he’s going to haunt us for years

Btw we could have had Kuzma and Russel smh
DA1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:03 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
DA1 wrote:

Yeah he is starting to become a real problem smh he was my favorite young player and I think trading him had nothing to do with basketball and everything to do with rubbing the wrong people wrong in LA.

No doubt in my mind Byron was in Magic ear during their morning workouts mouthing DLo off lol
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:09 pm    Post subject:

DA1 wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
DA1 wrote:

No doubt in my mind Byron was in Magic ear during their morning workouts mouthing DLo off lol

Byron is the first guy I had in mind smh
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:15 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
DA1 wrote:

It depends if we net a max guy with the cap space created with his trade iincluding Timothy. He doesn’t play great defense though.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:22 pm    Post subject:

OC Lakerfan wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
DA1 wrote:

It depends if we net a max guy with the cap space created with his trade iincluding Timothy. He doesn’t play great defense though.

Nah, the nets pull him on defense in late game situations, but he’s so clutch that he’s the reason they are even in the close games to begin with. Idk...even if we land another star to pair with lebron I still don’t think it makes up for the bad decision on the part of the front office. They could have packaged the #2 pick, randle, or Ingram. Heck they could have just waited for mosgov to fall off the books since the time frame to win seems to be the same anyways
DA1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:31 pm    Post subject:

OC Lakerfan wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
DA1 wrote:

The stats beg to differ...

https://twitter.com/OTG_NICK/status/1081055529059958784

https://twitter.com/T1m_NBA/status/1071197667311513600
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:48 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Hindsight draft:

Jamal Murray
Jayson Tatum
Lebron James
Kyle Kuzma
Kristaps Porzingis

When I look at your hindsight draft I think back like "A few extra minutes to go to the drugstore and get those condoms would've been nice ..."
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:55 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
DA1 wrote:

Nah, the nets pull him on defense in late game situations, but he’s so clutch that he’s the reason they are even in the close games to begin with. Idk...even if we land another star to pair with lebron I still don’t think it makes up for the bad decision on the part of the front office. They could have packaged the #2 pick, randle, or Ingram. Heck they could have just waited for mosgov to fall off the books since the time frame to win seems to be the same anyways

Even if they used Ingram to trade Mozgov, you run into the issue that Russell's up for renewal in 2019 so he'd eat into the 2nd max cap space anyway. That's one of the things that made Ingram so attractive -- in addition to Magic being higher on him as a player, he also had a better contract situation.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:51 am    Post subject: Re: We had three number two picks in three straight drafts.

1ngr4m wrote:
please delete this thread

ruh roh raggy
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:24 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Could of taken fultz, okafor and brown

Good of been waaaay worse

This entire place would be on suicide watch
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:03 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
We did not mess up with DLO, even with the benefit of hindsight. I sincerely doubt Porky would have fared very well here and he'd probably be just as injured. I still maintain that the jury is out on Zo/Ingram, although I'd probably prefer Jaylen Brown and Tatum (or Fox) at this point in time.

I get that logic, but it’s starting to look like we had a second star on the roster already in D’angelo Russel. Everything we want from Lonzo we already had in Russel and the sad part is that we could have had both smh.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7
Jump to: