Of the young core, who has the most leadership potential?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who has the most leadership potential?
Brandon Ingram
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Lonzo Ball
26%
 26%  [ 12 ]
Kyle Kuzma
51%
 51%  [ 23 ]
Josh Hart
15%
 15%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 45

Author Message
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 60724
Location: 818

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:51 am    Post subject:

Out of the young guys it's Kuz. I was watching the game last night and Kuz was amped up. I saw him after he scored get back on defense clapping his hands and barking out communications to his teammates. That's just one example I observed on the floor last night. He's an alpha who has similar characteristics to Kobe. It's no coincidence he sought out Kobe for advice and mentor ship as a rookie. This kid is a leader and he's confident and fearless.
_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.


Last edited by 32 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LKA
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Oct 2018
Posts: 3049
Location: Sin City

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:53 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
LKA wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
LKA wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
None of them are prototypical leaders... but Lonzo or Ingram play less selfishly than Kuzma or Hart.


Predictable answer from you ..


Yet amazingly still less predictable than yours


Please explain how Ingram plays less selfish than Kuzma. Is it because he dropped 41 last night and BI didn’t?


Kuzma is an alpha scorer.

Ingram is a two way jack of all trades like Odom as some have said.

Ingram passes more to Kuzma than vice versa from my observations watching every single game.

If Ingram's trying to score, it's because no one's creating or hitting shots.

Kuzma... better scorer.

Long term... Ingram better floor general/leader.


Let’s be honest Ingram usually has score first on his mind, he just isnt a natural scorer. And you’re saying Kuzma doesn’t like to pass to Ingram? I havent seen this personally but idk.

I disagree. Ingram is too quiet and doesn’t bring the intensity on a nightly basis. He just doesn’t strike me as a leader. Kuzma on the other hand brings it every night whether his shots going in or not hes always aggressive always confident and vocal on the floor and just looks like a natural role for him. Guys seem to gravitate towards him. A leadership role fits his personality. Some make the first move and some people wait for a move to be made. Kuzma’s the type of guy that would walk right up to the hottest chick in the bar and ask for her number, while Ingram and even Lonzo sit back and agree that shes hot but assume she probably has a boyfriend. That’s the difference ..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 60724
Location: 818

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
Let’s be honest Ingram usually has score first on his mind, he just isnt a natural scorer. And you’re saying Kuzma doesn’t like to pass to Ingram? I havent seen this personally but idk.

I disagree. Ingram is too quiet and doesn’t bring the intensity on a nightly basis. He just doesn’t strike me as a leader. Kuzma on the other hand brings it every night whether his shots going in or not hes always aggressive always confident and vocal on the floor and just looks like a natural role for him. Guys seem to gravitate towards him. A leadership role fits his personality. Some make the first move and some people wait for a move to be made. Kuzma’s the type of guy that would walk right up to the hottest chick in the bar and ask for her number, while Ingram and even Lonzo sit back and agree that shes hot but assume she probably has a boyfriend. That’s the difference ..


Kuz's girlfriend
_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LKA
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Oct 2018
Posts: 3049
Location: Sin City

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
LKA wrote:
Let’s be honest Ingram usually has score first on his mind, he just isnt a natural scorer. And you’re saying Kuzma doesn’t like to pass to Ingram? I havent seen this personally but idk.

I disagree. Ingram is too quiet and doesn’t bring the intensity on a nightly basis. He just doesn’t strike me as a leader. Kuzma on the other hand brings it every night whether his shots going in or not hes always aggressive always confident and vocal on the floor and just looks like a natural role for him. Guys seem to gravitate towards him. A leadership role fits his personality. Some make the first move and some people wait for a move to be made. Kuzma’s the type of guy that would walk right up to the hottest chick in the bar and ask for her number, while Ingram and even Lonzo sit back and agree that shes hot but assume she probably has a boyfriend. That’s the difference ..


Kuz's girlfriend


Haha I’m not even surprised. He’s an alpha male.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 10914

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:02 am    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
32 wrote:
LKA wrote:
Let’s be honest Ingram usually has score first on his mind, he just isnt a natural scorer. And you’re saying Kuzma doesn’t like to pass to Ingram? I havent seen this personally but idk.

I disagree. Ingram is too quiet and doesn’t bring the intensity on a nightly basis. He just doesn’t strike me as a leader. Kuzma on the other hand brings it every night whether his shots going in or not hes always aggressive always confident and vocal on the floor and just looks like a natural role for him. Guys seem to gravitate towards him. A leadership role fits his personality. Some make the first move and some people wait for a move to be made. Kuzma’s the type of guy that would walk right up to the hottest chick in the bar and ask for her number, while Ingram and even Lonzo sit back and agree that shes hot but assume she probably has a boyfriend. That’s the difference ..


Kuz's girlfriend


Haha I’m not even surprised. He’s an alpha male.


What a scorer
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Sentient Meat
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 9847

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:09 am    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
LKA wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
LKA wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
None of them are prototypical leaders... but Lonzo or Ingram play less selfishly than Kuzma or Hart.


Predictable answer from you ..


Yet amazingly still less predictable than yours


Please explain how Ingram plays less selfish than Kuzma. Is it because he dropped 41 last night and BI didn’t?


Kuzma is an alpha scorer.

Ingram is a two way jack of all trades like Odom as some have said.

Ingram passes more to Kuzma than vice versa from my observations watching every single game.

If Ingram's trying to score, it's because no one's creating or hitting shots.

Kuzma... better scorer.

Long term... Ingram better floor general/leader.


Let’s be honest Ingram usually has score first on his mind, he just isnt a natural scorer. And you’re saying Kuzma doesn’t like to pass to Ingram? I havent seen this personally but idk.

I disagree. Ingram is too quiet and doesn’t bring the intensity on a nightly basis. He just doesn’t strike me as a leader. Kuzma on the other hand brings it every night whether his shots going in or not hes always aggressive always confident and vocal on the floor and just looks like a natural role for him. Guys seem to gravitate towards him. A leadership role fits his personality. Some make the first move and some people wait for a move to be made. Kuzma’s the type of guy that would walk right up to the hottest chick in the bar and ask for her number, while Ingram and even Lonzo sit back and agree that shes hot but assume she probably has a boyfriend. That’s the difference ..


If the debate was who would score in a bar... my answer would be Kuzma also.

But basketball is a team game.

Ingram and Lonzo are more shy, quiet types... but they are more team first type players.

When I was 18... I was shy working at a department store.

By 22... I was a manager at a department store...

By 29... I owned my own store.

You are mistaking charisma and alpha male behavior for great leadership.

Sometimes they coincide... sometimes they don't.

If I want to launch an ad campaign... Kuzma's my man.

If I want to lead a basketball team... I go with Ingram or Lonzo.

But again... I said at the beginning... none of them strike me as natural leaders...

One will have to grow into the role.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 24880

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:14 am    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
There should be a "none of the above" option.


It specifically did not include that option because I wasn't looking for who you think WILL be a leader, but rather, who you think has the most potential to develop into one.

To use another example, pretend the poll asked who among the young core has the most potential to be the first All-Star -- we might agree that none of them will get there, but certainly, some of them have greater potential than others (i.e. Kuzma than Hart, for instance).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LKA
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Oct 2018
Posts: 3049
Location: Sin City

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:16 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
LKA wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
LKA wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
LKA wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
None of them are prototypical leaders... but Lonzo or Ingram play less selfishly than Kuzma or Hart.


Predictable answer from you ..


Yet amazingly still less predictable than yours


Please explain how Ingram plays less selfish than Kuzma. Is it because he dropped 41 last night and BI didn’t?


Kuzma is an alpha scorer.

Ingram is a two way jack of all trades like Odom as some have said.

Ingram passes more to Kuzma than vice versa from my observations watching every single game.

If Ingram's trying to score, it's because no one's creating or hitting shots.

Kuzma... better scorer.

Long term... Ingram better floor general/leader.


Let’s be honest Ingram usually has score first on his mind, he just isnt a natural scorer. And you’re saying Kuzma doesn’t like to pass to Ingram? I havent seen this personally but idk.

I disagree. Ingram is too quiet and doesn’t bring the intensity on a nightly basis. He just doesn’t strike me as a leader. Kuzma on the other hand brings it every night whether his shots going in or not hes always aggressive always confident and vocal on the floor and just looks like a natural role for him. Guys seem to gravitate towards him. A leadership role fits his personality. Some make the first move and some people wait for a move to be made. Kuzma’s the type of guy that would walk right up to the hottest chick in the bar and ask for her number, while Ingram and even Lonzo sit back and agree that shes hot but assume she probably has a boyfriend. That’s the difference ..


If the debate was who would score in a bar... my answer would be Kuzma also.

But basketball is a team game.

Ingram and Lonzo are more shy, quiet types... but they are more team first type players.

When I was 18... I was shy working at a department store.

By 22... I was a manager at a department store...

By 29... I owned my own store.

You are mistaking charisma and alpha male behavior for great leadership.

Sometimes they coincide... sometimes they don't.

If I want to launch an ad campaign... Kuzma's my man.

If I want to lead a basketball team... I go with Ingram or Lonzo.

But again... I said at the beginning... none of them strike me as natural leaders...

One will have to grow into the role.


Thats true. All I’m saying is I have more trust in the person who’s confident, expressive and fearless to become that guy, rather than the kid who barely even speaks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Sentient Meat
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 9847

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:21 am    Post subject:

LKA wrote:


Thats true. All I’m saying is I have more trust in the person who’s confident, expressive and fearless to become that guy, rather than the kid who barely even speaks


It's fair that we both have our opinions.

I just think Ingram and Lonzo are sh*tty interviews.

They both talk in a monotone and I can't stand listening to either on Spectrum.

But I see them on the court and you can see Ingram waving players over and directing them.

Lonzo's floor leadership speaks for itself.

Just because you are bad at interviews or public speaking... doesn't mean you are like that with your team.

The style of leadership I like is pass first type players.

I don't like the Westbrook/Kobe/even Jordan style.

Doesn't mean both styles can't work... but that's my personal preference.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LKA
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Oct 2018
Posts: 3049
Location: Sin City

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:29 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
LKA wrote:


Thats true. All I’m saying is I have more trust in the person who’s confident, expressive and fearless to become that guy, rather than the kid who barely even speaks


It's fair that we both have our opinions.

I just think Ingram and Lonzo are sh*tty interviews.

They both talk in a monotone and I can't stand listening to either on Spectrum.

But I see them on the court and you can see Ingram waving players over and directing them.

Lonzo's floor leadership speaks for itself.

Just because you are bad at interviews or public speaking... doesn't mean you are like that with your team.

The style of leadership I like is pass first type players.

I don't like the Westbrook/Kobe/even Jordan style.

Doesn't mean both styles can't work... but that's my personal preference.


See I actually love the Jordan/Kobe style of leadership. Imo (and this is no knock on LeBron, I love LeBron) guys like Ingram and Lonzo would be better off playing next to a Kobe Bryant. I’m not saying this team would win more games with Kobe, it’s just my belief that they would develop and mature faster as basketball players next to Kobe. LeBron strikes me as the kinda guy that’ll be in practice dancing to the same rap music as the young guys. While Kobe would be kicking their ass daily for missing freethrows. Again I’m not saying LeBron’s any less of a leader, he’s just more of a friendly guy while Kobe’s more of a drill sergeant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Sentient Meat
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 9847

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:38 am    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
LKA wrote:


Thats true. All I’m saying is I have more trust in the person who’s confident, expressive and fearless to become that guy, rather than the kid who barely even speaks


It's fair that we both have our opinions.

I just think Ingram and Lonzo are sh*tty interviews.

They both talk in a monotone and I can't stand listening to either on Spectrum.

But I see them on the court and you can see Ingram waving players over and directing them.

Lonzo's floor leadership speaks for itself.

Just because you are bad at interviews or public speaking... doesn't mean you are like that with your team.

The style of leadership I like is pass first type players.

I don't like the Westbrook/Kobe/even Jordan style.

Doesn't mean both styles can't work... but that's my personal preference.


See I actually love the Jordan/Kobe style of leadership. Imo (and this is no knock on LeBron, I love LeBron) guys like Ingram and Lonzo would be better off playing next to a Kobe Bryant. I’m not saying this team would win more games with Kobe, it’s just my belief that they would develop and mature faster as basketball players next to Kobe. LeBron strikes me as the kinda guy that’ll be in practice dancing to the same rap music as the young guys. While Kobe would be kicking their ass daily for missing freethrows. Again I’m not saying LeBron’s any less of a leader, he’s just more of a friendly guy while Kobe’s more of a drill sergeant


When I was a little kid... both my parents went to UCLA... so my earliest basketball memories are associated with Wooden's Bruins and watching Jerry West's Lakers.

I was too young to see Russell... but I saw Chamberlain and West as a child.

My dad would constantly complain about star basketball... and he pointed out Russell and Celtics would win with five to seven players scoring in double figures. Wooden would do the same thing. The incredible thing that Wooden did was not winning with Kareem and Walton... it was that he won with Sidney Wicks and Steve Paterson, and Mike Bibby's dad Henry between those two dynasties.

Also Red Holzman's Knicks won with this style... defeating our superstar heavy team.

Then as a teenager and young adult I grew up watching Magic.

If you grow up learning about Russell... watching Wooden and Magic... you like that type of basketball better.

As I said... we are entitled to our preferences... Jordan won as much as anyone but Russell... Kobe was also a big winner...

But if you understand the context in which I was raised... maybe you will get why I like that style of play more.

I think it's more sustainable and I just enjoy it more.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2016
Posts: 3811

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
None of them are prototypical leaders... but Lonzo or Ingram play less selfishly than Kuzma or Hart.


Sure, but that wasn't the question. The question was leadership potential.

Derek Fisher also played less selfishly than Kobe, but, Kobe was clearly the bigger leader (even if Fish also was a leader).


Kobe was a great player, but not a great leader... that's why he needed Phil to win.

Kuzma reminds me of a less abrasive Kobe


what player didnt need a great coach to win continously? i dont know of any.
and kobe was a good leader. he made his championship teams play like him super aggressive.

a leader is not someone who has certain qualities. those are qualities you may desire for a leader to have. for example.
If i'm a A, B student in school but I hang around 5 friends who are D-F students but we are all supposedly Intelligent. You would think I had the traits of a leader because i have some things that the other guys should follow and if they did, they would become successful similar to me. The problem is. I'm the only one out of the crew who has good grades. and they are following another Bad student within our crew. So again, who's the leader? The guy that they're following that just so happens has bad grades.

this means what? If that one person all of a sudden started getting good grades. the others would follow suit. sure you may have one drop off. but thats about it.

A leader is someone who will be followed or is being followed.

Has any of you seen the laker players be LED by Kuz? NOPE. Kuz balls out on his own and it helps us win at times. but his play is not infectious enough to make others follow. right now, Kuz is lou williams status. a darn good scorer but that it(he's trying to become a better passer/ defender. and he's looking better.) but as far as leadership he's Lou Williams or taking it back... Antawn jamison. a darn good scorer but no one on the team follows that lead.

There is one player of the young guys that they follow and its zo. again we've seen this since that first SPL game he played. the entire team turned into wanna be Zo's at times to a fault with their over passing or trying to make that full court pass. Thats what you call leadership qualities. When people follow you, you are a leader. period. if zo blows layups, bricks ft's and kuz is balling. but zo is dropping dimes and playing that tenacious defense. they follow ZO. for whatever reason they dont follow kuz even now that he's passing more. they still dont follow him. its weird i know but those are the facts.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
drae
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 3923

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:12 pm    Post subject:

None of them are leaders. But Lonzo and Ingram are too quiet and don't have or project the required mentality to be leaders, so I voted Kuz by default.

Rondo's the best leader on the team though, then Lebron, then it's so much daylight, then Chandler, then erm ...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 24880

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
None of them are prototypical leaders... but Lonzo or Ingram play less selfishly than Kuzma or Hart.


Sure, but that wasn't the question. The question was leadership potential.

Derek Fisher also played less selfishly than Kobe, but, Kobe was clearly the bigger leader (even if Fish also was a leader).


Kobe was a great player, but not a great leader... that's why he needed Phil to win.

Kuzma reminds me of a less abrasive Kobe


what player didnt need a great coach to win continously? i dont know of any.
and kobe was a good leader. he made his championship teams play like him super aggressive.

a leader is not someone who has certain qualities. those are qualities you may desire for a leader to have. for example.
If i'm a A, B student in school but I hang around 5 friends who are D-F students but we are all supposedly Intelligent. You would think I had the traits of a leader because i have some things that the other guys should follow and if they did, they would become successful similar to me. The problem is. I'm the only one out of the crew who has good grades. and they are following another Bad student within our crew. So again, who's the leader? The guy that they're following that just so happens has bad grades.

this means what? If that one person all of a sudden started getting good grades. the others would follow suit. sure you may have one drop off. but thats about it.

A leader is someone who will be followed or is being followed.

Has any of you seen the laker players be LED by Kuz? NOPE. Kuz balls out on his own and it helps us win at times. but his play is not infectious enough to make others follow. right now, Kuz is lou williams status. a darn good scorer but that it(he's trying to become a better passer/ defender. and he's looking better.) but as far as leadership he's Lou Williams or taking it back... Antawn jamison. a darn good scorer but no one on the team follows that lead.

There is one player of the young guys that they follow and its zo. again we've seen this since that first SPL game he played. the entire team turned into wanna be Zo's at times to a fault with their over passing or trying to make that full court pass. Thats what you call leadership qualities. When people follow you, you are a leader. period. if zo blows layups, bricks ft's and kuz is balling. but zo is dropping dimes and playing that tenacious defense. they follow ZO. for whatever reason they dont follow kuz even now that he's passing more. they still dont follow him. its weird i know but those are the facts.


Are Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton leaders?

I think you're conflating playing off someone as following. In Philly, Ben Simmons is who the players play off of as he drops dimes and plays defense. But he is not their leader. That would be either Butler or Embiid.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2016
Posts: 3811

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:52 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
None of them are prototypical leaders... but Lonzo or Ingram play less selfishly than Kuzma or Hart.


Sure, but that wasn't the question. The question was leadership potential.

Derek Fisher also played less selfishly than Kobe, but, Kobe was clearly the bigger leader (even if Fish also was a leader).


Kobe was a great player, but not a great leader... that's why he needed Phil to win.

Kuzma reminds me of a less abrasive Kobe


what player didnt need a great coach to win continously? i dont know of any.
and kobe was a good leader. he made his championship teams play like him super aggressive.

a leader is not someone who has certain qualities. those are qualities you may desire for a leader to have. for example.
If i'm a A, B student in school but I hang around 5 friends who are D-F students but we are all supposedly Intelligent. You would think I had the traits of a leader because i have some things that the other guys should follow and if they did, they would become successful similar to me. The problem is. I'm the only one out of the crew who has good grades. and they are following another Bad student within our crew. So again, who's the leader? The guy that they're following that just so happens has bad grades.

this means what? If that one person all of a sudden started getting good grades. the others would follow suit. sure you may have one drop off. but thats about it.

A leader is someone who will be followed or is being followed.

Has any of you seen the laker players be LED by Kuz? NOPE. Kuz balls out on his own and it helps us win at times. but his play is not infectious enough to make others follow. right now, Kuz is lou williams status. a darn good scorer but that it(he's trying to become a better passer/ defender. and he's looking better.) but as far as leadership he's Lou Williams or taking it back... Antawn jamison. a darn good scorer but no one on the team follows that lead.

There is one player of the young guys that they follow and its zo. again we've seen this since that first SPL game he played. the entire team turned into wanna be Zo's at times to a fault with their over passing or trying to make that full court pass. Thats what you call leadership qualities. When people follow you, you are a leader. period. if zo blows layups, bricks ft's and kuz is balling. but zo is dropping dimes and playing that tenacious defense. they follow ZO. for whatever reason they dont follow kuz even now that he's passing more. they still dont follow him. its weird i know but those are the facts.


Are Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton leaders?

I think you're conflating playing off someone as following. In Philly, Ben Simmons is who the players play off of as he drops dimes and plays defense. But he is not their leader. That would be either Butler or Embiid.

Yes Kim and paris are leaders.

I think you dont understand what the definition of a leader is vs the definition of what you personally consider a GOOD leader and GOOD leadership qualities.

the simple definition of a leader is someone who is followed. Its literally that simple. so yes i know this sounds crazy. any person on social media thats followed by millions of people where those people listen to or watch them and even attempt to do some of the things they do all because this one person has done it or said they've done it. makes them a leader because others follow.

Jim Jones horrible person but a leader.

Hilter, horrible guy, but a leader, of other horrible guys

Trump horrible idiot but a leader of some idiots..still a leader.

Bin laden, horrible guy, but still a leader.

Martin Luther King Jr - great guy, and a leader.

Phil Jackson great coach, and a leader
Greg pop, great coach and a leader


Young Kobe When eddie jones and nick were here along with shaq...great player but not a leader at that moment. shaq was that teams leader and nick was their #2 since nick was their #1 before shaq got there. Nick got shipped and shaq was the only leader. no matter how well kobe played most of the team did not play off of kobe. These guys were vets who played off of their own instincts and had their own thing going. they would follow another vet in shaq.kobe became a leader when he was an older guy vet with a team full of young guys and a couple of vets around his age.


leaders are simply people who are followed for better or for worse.

The reason you dont want some young guys getting around some vets that bounce around from team to team and never play to their potential is simple. the jokesters vet guy that plays at half effort will lead some of these young guys on your team down the wrong path. bad leader...yes..but still a leader when followed.

No one is following Kuz at all right now. that may change. Kuz is again antawn jamison a guy putting up numbers. his teammates are not feeding off of that at all. They fed off of josh harts effort the other night you could see it if you watched the game. but that doesnt occur all of the time. They dont feed off of ingram even when he plays well and dishes well to his teammates. But they do play off of Zo and this has been the case since his first SPL game.

You guys have to remember he is the older brother of 2 other boys. There is a certain level of leadership responsibility that comes along with being a big bro whether your want that role or not you inherit it. and we've all known some good big bros and some bad ones. we've known some bad guy big bros that could still lead their little bros into a better more ethical life than themselves. we've also seen bad actor bros lead their young siblings into the same bad acting lifestyles. either way they are still leaders because they are followed.

Fathers are automatically leaders even if they dont possess those qualities. same as mothers. doesnt matter if you do right by your kid(s) or not. they see you as their leader..at least for a while until they grow up to find out you are either not a good leader or you are a good one. the kids will follow.
again being a leader only takes one thing. to be followed. thats it.
anything else you attribute to leadership you're not talking about being a leader you are talking about being a good or bad leader.

lastly, there are many pg's that are not leaders but they are good passers. this does not automatically make you the teams leader. truth is, if you're not the teams leader or at least one of them and you're playing a traditional pg role(not some dfish triangle pg aka catch and shoot guy) there will be issues with your team.

Let me ask you a question. Who lead that Mavs team that spanked us? was it big Dirk the hall of famer? NOPE

It was some where between jason loud mouth terry, I hate you little Jj B, and Tyson Chandler. Notice i didnt mention Jkidd. even though Jkidd was the leader of that nets team along with Kmart.

Gary Payton was the sonics leader. Kemp was not.

Stockton and malone were the jazz leaders along with the coach obviously.

When who you are starts to seep into who the team is, they are following you. therefore you are the leader of that team for better or worse. Zo is our kid leader of the kids. again we've seen the evidence since his first SPL game. why do we keep ignoring this?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 24880

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:54 am    Post subject:

^ So is Ben Simmons the leader of the 76ers by your definition of dropping dimes and setting up others?

And sorry, I do not agree that Kim K and Paris Hilton are leaders. They have followers, but they are not leaders. I mean, where exactly is Paris Hilton leading her constituents to? (ehh, forget that, let's not debate Paris Hilton in a Laker thread lol)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 6869
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:51 am    Post subject:

This poll is asking for leadership potential. I feel Ball has the most potential to become a leader. Not sure if he’ll ever get there, but his unselfishness, his defense, his BBIQ, his court vision, and his ability to control the tempo can help him become a leader. The rest is up to him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Nov 2008
Posts: 1709

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Of the four, there is no obvious primary leader. With Lebron on thhe team it isn't a requirement either.

So I chose the best secondary leader instead. Josh Hart is Fisher'esque for that role and gets my vote.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakerdynasty5.0
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 3999

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Is Kawhi a leader?

Check w Pop!
_________________
Starting Lakers Dynasty6.0! NOW!!
------
....." each year in Lakerland is marked by four seasons: Kobe’s Mad at His Teammates; Kobe’s Shooting Too Much; Kobe Leads the Victory Parade; Kobe Receives His Championship Ring."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2016
Posts: 3811

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:39 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
^ So is Ben Simmons the leader of the 76ers by your definition of dropping dimes and setting up others?

And sorry, I do not agree that Kim K and Paris Hilton are leaders. They have followers, but they are not leaders. I mean, where exactly is Paris Hilton leading her constituents to? (ehh, forget that, let's not debate Paris Hilton in a Laker thread lol)


Ring, did i ever say being a leader has to do with dropping dimes and setting up others? NOPE.

that tells me you were not paying full attention in class ring .

I made it simple. a leader is a person who has people that follow him/her. it's that simple. You dont have to wonder who that person is from the young core. you already know who he is. His name is Lonzo Ball. its been this way since the SPL.

Dont confuse not liking the leader or wanting more from the leader or not knowing if he will remain the leader, etc, etc. for what a leader is.

The only quality you need is to be followed. pure and simple.

Kim K is a leader. The entire clan is. how in the world did they make so much money if that were not the case? They lead people right into buying their products and watching their shows.

Kanye was a leader than he started talking crazy and basically having nervous break downs in front of all of us. now that leadership status is slowly going away. before that he was leading kids to paying hundreds of dollars for ugly shoes(which i heard were very comfortable) and torn T-shirts and what not.

Your leaders dont have to be your IDEAL of a good leader. all they need are followers. thats it.

Quote:
lead·er
/ˈlēdər/Submit
noun
noun: leader; plural noun: leaders

1.
the person who leads or commands a group, organization, or country.
"the leader of a protest group"
synonyms: chief, head, principal, boss; More
antonyms: follower, supporter
(in the UK) a member of the government officially responsible for initiating business in the House of Commons or House of Lords.
noun: Leader of the House; plural noun: Leaders of the House; noun: Leader of the House of Commons; plural noun: Leaders of the House of Commons; noun: Leader of the House of Lords; plural noun: Leaders of the House of Lords
an organization or company that is the most advanced or successful in a particular area.
"a leader in the use of video conferencing"
synonyms: pioneer, front runner, innovator, trailblazer, pathfinder, groundbreaker, trendsetter, leading light, guiding light, torch-bearer, pacemaker, originator, initiator, developer, discoverer, founder, architect; formalneoteric
"a world leader in the use of video conferencing"
2.
the principal player in a music group.
BRITISH
the principal first violinist in an orchestra.
NORTH AMERICAN
a conductor of a band or small musical group.
3.
BRITISH
a leading article or editorial in a newspaper.
4.
a short strip of nonfunctioning material at each end of a reel of film or recording tape for connection to the spool.
a length of filament attached to the end of a fishing line to carry the hook or fly.
5.
a shoot of a plant at the apex of a stem or main branch.
6.
PRINTING
a series of dots or dashes across the page to guide the eye, especially in tabulated material.



Notice each one of these definitions are talking about someone or something pulling everyone or everything behind them. leading them or leading it.

it doesnt matter if you're being lead to heaven or hell. you're still being lead. that is the KEY. As of right now Zo is that person. it doesnt mean Kuz couldnt take his spot in short order, or some other player.

Who i dont see as that leader no matter how well he plays aside from kuz is Bi and thats weird. I have heard the other guys talk about how he talks to them and what not during games, at practice, etc. so their may be some internal leadership going on that we have no idea about. But from what we fans can see and a few comments stated from all parties. Zo is that guy. now its going to be or wont be. right now at this moment he's the guy. You can tell when you watch them on the court. They play like him, especially when he's playing well.

If you want me to be honest. I think he's the responsible party for us being so bad at the FT line. I never wanted to admit this out loud but i have to call a spade a spade. if you get love for being a leader when we look good I gotta call you out when we look bad. well him and bron(bron at times just bricking ft's or key ft's. now some guys like kuz dont pay you any mind. just like i know for a fact kobe wasnt paying shaq no attention whatsoever when they played together as far as him being the team leader. he may have listened to some vet stuff he told him. but he wasnt going the way of shaq for better or for worse. kobe was in his own head playing his own game. thats what kuz is doing now as well. but there are times when ball is feeling like zo ball kuz gets back in line and plays right along with the zo ball style offense like they were back in SPL again together. Remember how Kuz won that finals MVP for the SPL but Zo won the entire MVP for the spl season. one guy is a bad man when it comes to scoring(kuz) the other is a team leader(zo.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB