*** Los Angeles Lakers @ Utah Jazz (1/11/19) ***
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 33503

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:39 pm    Post subject: *** Los Angeles Lakers @ Utah Jazz (1/11/19) ***

Los Angeles Lakers @ Utah Jazz
Vivint Smart Home Arena • Salt Lake City, UT
Friday, Jan. 11, 2019 • 7:00 PM PT


*TEAM ROSTERS:(link)

* STATSISTICS:(link)
    Field Goal:
    Lakers – 48%
    Jazz – 46 %
    3 Point FG:
    Lakers - 34%
    Jazz - 35%
    Free Throw
    Lakers - 69%
    Jazz - 73%
* MEDIA:
    National TV: ESPN, SPECSN
    Radio: 710 AM ESPN / 1330 AM ESPN DEPORTES, 97.5 FM | 1280 AM

#### Let's Go Lakers!!

************* Blast the Jazz!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 10060

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma vs Mitchell, back2back 40 pt game, C’mon Kuz!!!

Lakers win streak continues!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 59445

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:48 pm    Post subject:

They have a lot of injuries. I'm surprised Utah is favored by 8 points. I really hate playing at Utah. One interesting tidbit. This will the Lakers 3rd straight game in 3 different states. Texas ---> Cali ----> Utah
_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 23018
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:48 pm    Post subject:

I just checked but Utah used to be a good home team but now they don’t really protect there home floor like they did in the past.. 8-8 seems like a really mediocre record especially considering how dominate they were in recent years, we can easily win this IMO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
al242
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Sep 2012
Posts: 2483

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:51 pm    Post subject:

I predict a loss here.

We get most of our buckets in the paint, and they have Gobert manning the middle.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 59445

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:52 pm    Post subject:

01/10/19 Grayson Allen SG Ankle Expected to be out until at least Jan 12
01/10/19 Raul Neto PG Groin Expected to be out until at least Jan 14
01/09/19 Tony Bradley C Knee Expected to be out until at least Feb 15
01/08/19 Ricky Rubio PG Hamstring Expected to be out until at least Jan 23
01/08/19 Thabo Sefolosha SF Hamstring Expected to be out until at least Jan 18
01/07/19 Dante Exum PG Ankle Expected to be out until at least Jan 21
_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 59445

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
I predict a loss here.

We get most of our buckets in the paint, and they have Gobert manning the middle.


Yeah but Detroit had Drummond and Dallas had Jordan. We won those games.
_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
drae
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 2575

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:58 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
01/10/19 Grayson Allen SG Ankle Expected to be out until at least Jan 12
01/10/19 Raul Neto PG Groin Expected to be out until at least Jan 14
01/09/19 Tony Bradley C Knee Expected to be out until at least Feb 15
01/08/19 Ricky Rubio PG Hamstring Expected to be out until at least Jan 23
01/08/19 Thabo Sefolosha SF Hamstring Expected to be out until at least Jan 18
01/07/19 Dante Exum PG Ankle Expected to be out until at least Jan 21


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
al242
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Sep 2012
Posts: 2483

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:13 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
al242 wrote:
I predict a loss here.

We get most of our buckets in the paint, and they have Gobert manning the middle.


Yeah but Detroit had Drummond and Dallas had Jordan. We won those games.


Comparing Drummond and Jordan to Gobert is the equivalent to comparing Ginobli to Kawhi Leonard, neither are in the same stratosphere as Gobert on the defensive side of the ball.

I really dont see this ending well, Gobert is really elite at defending the paint and we are so terrible at shooting, he will not concern himself with defending the perimeter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 33503

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:13 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
They have a lot of injuries. I'm surprised Utah is favored by 8 points. I really hate playing at Utah. One interesting tidbit. This will the Lakers 3rd straight game in 3 different states. Texas ---> Cali ----> Utah


IMO we will win in all three states. GO LAKERS!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
al242
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Sep 2012
Posts: 2483

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:14 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
32 wrote:
01/10/19 Grayson Allen SG Ankle Expected to be out until at least Jan 12
01/10/19 Raul Neto PG Groin Expected to be out until at least Jan 14
01/09/19 Tony Bradley C Knee Expected to be out until at least Feb 15
01/08/19 Ricky Rubio PG Hamstring Expected to be out until at least Jan 23
01/08/19 Thabo Sefolosha SF Hamstring Expected to be out until at least Jan 18
01/07/19 Dante Exum PG Ankle Expected to be out until at least Jan 21




Ricky Rubio is the only NBA level player that is absent, this will be a tough game. Either we lose big or we win in the clutch.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 26412
Location: Texoma

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:35 pm    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
drae wrote:
32 wrote:
01/10/19 Grayson Allen SG Ankle Expected to be out until at least Jan 12
01/10/19 Raul Neto PG Groin Expected to be out until at least Jan 14
01/09/19 Tony Bradley C Knee Expected to be out until at least Feb 15
01/08/19 Ricky Rubio PG Hamstring Expected to be out until at least Jan 23
01/08/19 Thabo Sefolosha SF Hamstring Expected to be out until at least Jan 18
01/07/19 Dante Exum PG Ankle Expected to be out until at least Jan 21




Ricky Rubio is the only NBA level player that is absent, this will be a tough game. Either we lose big or we win in the clutch.

I predict we win in the clutch!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 07 Jul 2001
Posts: 14560

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Have lonzo/BI start out on mitchell and well win easily. Let Hart guard mitchell start on mitchell and hell get going and its a toss up
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 7124

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I just checked but Utah used to be a good home team but now they don’t really protect there home floor like they did in the past.. 8-8 seems like a really mediocre record especially considering how dominate they were in recent years, we can easily win this IMO.


I think they started pretty bad at home (2-6ish) but have been winning more regularly and a few blow outs too.

A win @Utah would be great for the young core’s progression.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 23018
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:30 pm    Post subject:

They are 9-8 actually not 8-8 lol my mistake but that is still not what we are used to see from Jazz teams, they used to win like 10-15 games in a roll at home.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Sentient Meat
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 8263

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:46 pm    Post subject:

I expect us to lose because every time I thought we would win... we endured a heartbreaking loss.

Utah was terrible in the playoffs without Rubio... their record is lackluster... but Orlando... the Knicks... so many gut punches.

Hoping I'm wrong.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 15610
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:48 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

01/07/19 Dante Exum PG Ankle Expected to be out until at least Jan 21


Dante Exum hurt again? Shocking.
_________________
"Suck it up. Don't be a baby. Do your job." - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 29276

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:50 pm    Post subject:

Today will be a good barometer for us, even though they’re injured. It’s hard to take much away from the last two games, especially the Detroit game. Both Dallas and Detroit are pretty terrible defensive teams and don’t have much rim protection, even with the sometimes gaudy numbers Deandre Jordan and Drummond put up. Those guys get blocks and boards, but are overall pretty terrible defenders. Gobert is the real deal on D, and if KUZ, BI, and Ball can be as successful against the Jazz as they were against the Mavs and Pistons, that would be a great sign for us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number Reply with quote
VicXLakers
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 9512

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Preview: Lakers (23-19) at Jazz (21-21)

Lakers +8.5 o/u 215.5



Mitchell turned in one of his best all-around performances of the season in rallying Utah to a 106-93 victory over Orlando on Wednesday. He scored 33 points -- his fifth 30-plus game of the season -- on 12-of-21 shooting and matched his season-high with seven assists.

Mitchell's efforts helped the Jazz rally from a 21-point first-half deficit.

"My biggest thing is not to change the mindset, just because we're down two point guards," Mitchell told reporters after the game. "Just being aggressive and making the right reads. That's what I've been doing and that's what I'm going to continue to do."

As good as Mitchell is playing, the Jazz will need to get production from third-string point guard Raul Neto to keep going while Rubio recovers from a hamstring strain and Exum deals with an ankle sprain. Neto made his first start of the season against the Magic, responding with 10 points, three assists and three rebounds in 30 minutes.

He showed a steady hand in guiding the offense, which is exactly what Utah wants from Neto.


L.A. LAKERS @ UTAH

Scott Foster (#48) Mark Ayotte (#56) Kevin Cutler (#34)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TMG
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 02 Jan 2019
Posts: 578

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:22 pm    Post subject:

3 game W streak?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
unleasHell
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 9486
Location: Stay Thirsty my Friends

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:40 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
01/10/19 Grayson Allen SG Ankle Expected to be out until at least Jan 12
01/10/19 Raul Neto PG Groin Expected to be out until at least Jan 14
01/09/19 Tony Bradley C Knee Expected to be out until at least Feb 15
01/08/19 Ricky Rubio PG Hamstring Expected to be out until at least Jan 23
01/08/19 Thabo Sefolosha SF Hamstring Expected to be out until at least Jan 18
01/07/19 Dante Exum PG Ankle Expected to be out until at least Jan 21


Yep, and the Jazz are 2-6 in their last 8 home games...

Lakers have a chance... Rubio ALWAYS kills us..
_________________
Lakers 2018-2019: Wait until next year...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jesusdelonla
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jan 2018
Posts: 5955

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:00 pm    Post subject:

so they still have Don Mitchell, Korver and crawder

hmm.

winnable game
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 59445

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:03 pm    Post subject:

I really don't like the Utah Jazz. I don't know what it is about that franchise that rubs me the wrong way. I remember D Fish wanting to leave them so he could better medical care for his daughter in LA. When he returned to Utah in a Laker uniform they boo the guy. Classless fans. One other thing. Their coach looks like a zombie.
_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2006
Posts: 7551
Location: Left coast

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:13 pm    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
32 wrote:
al242 wrote:
I predict a loss here.

We get most of our buckets in the paint, and they have Gobert manning the middle.


Yeah but Detroit had Drummond and Dallas had Jordan. We won those games.


Comparing Drummond and Jordan to Gobert is the equivalent to comparing Ginobli to Kawhi Leonard, neither are in the same stratosphere as Gobert on the defensive side of the ball.

I really dont see this ending well, Gobert is really elite at defending the paint and we are so terrible at shooting, he will not concern himself with defending the perimeter.

Gobert looked like a superstar against the Lakers small ball centers. Now he's going to play against someone his own size. He'll do what he does, but he won't have a pg to feed him anything because all 3 of theirs are injured.

I don't like games in Utah or Denver, but I feel pretty good about this one, even without Lebron and Rondo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2006
Posts: 7551
Location: Left coast

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:15 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
I really don't like the Utah Jazz. I don't know what it is about that franchise that rubs me the wrong way. I remember D Fish wanting to leave them so he could better medical care for his daughter in LA. When he returned to Utah in a Laker uniform they boo the guy. Classless fans. One other thing. Their coach looks like a zombie.

That was around the same time they referred to Kobe's kids as Chia pets.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 1 of 32
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB