Woj: Carmelo traded to Bulls but will not play for the Bulls (Lakers maintain interest; Pg. 11)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:51 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:
I feel like Carmelo is pressuring LeBron to make the call

Don't think Magic would cave in for Lebron unless he really thinks Melo is better than Beas/Lance. The fact that the Lakers are actually considering signing Melo is really troublesome.
Magic definitely seems like the type to appease Lebron.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:54 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
One man's trash is another man's trash.

any every man's trash is what Melo unfortunately is now

It' not nice of Melo to use his friendship with Bron to get a job he doesn't deserve
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:02 pm    Post subject:

I am not a Melo fan but I trust the FO to make the right decision for this franchise. If they feel there is a benefit to having Melo for the short term, then do it. I don't see it but they might be forward thinking. With the amount of poor outside shooting on this team, especially from 3 (I believe we are the worst in the entire league) any shooting is welcome. I think the FO would have to have a heart to heart with Melo to see if he is committed to working hard and playing defense too.....oh and not whining about his role.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:12 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
I am not a Melo fan but I trust the FO to make the right decision for this franchise. If they feel there is a benefit to having Melo for the short term, then do it. I don't see it but they might be forward thinking. With the amount of poor outside shooting on this team, especially from 3 (I believe we are the worst in the entire league) any shooting is welcome. I think the FO would have to have a heart to heart with Melo to see if he is committed to working hard and playing defense too.....oh and not whining about his role.

I think it comes down to do we prefer Melo instead of Beasley. So much valid hatred toward Melo these days but...

Zubac | McGee | Chandler
Kuzma | Melo | Mo
LeBron | KCP | Lance
Ingram | Hart | Svi
Lonzo | Rondo

That gives Rondo a unit that fits well around him. Now, I'm not saying it's the best idea to sign Melo, but if we sign him, that's something I'd be curious to see how it works/.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:21 pm    Post subject:

If we asked him to give only 10mins per game..

Could he
http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/carmelo-anthony-olympics-team-usa-highlights-stats-37-points/11xg2bb3wje1s137wxdaus13gk

Quote:
Carmelo Anthony's 37 points in 14 minutes of action on August 2, 2012
he also drained 10-12 from beyond the arc, both of which set USA Olympic records.

Long ago I know.. but if he has no pressure maybe??

Last edited by ContagiousInspiration on Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:22 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

I think it comes down to do we prefer Melo instead of Beasley. So much valid hatred toward Melo these days but...

Zubac | McGee | Chandler
Kuzma | Melo | Mo
LeBron | KCP | Lance
Ingram | Hart | Svi
Lonzo | Rondo

That gives Rondo a unit that fits well around him. Now, I'm not saying it's the best idea to sign Melo, but if we sign him, that's something I'd be curious to see how it works/.

Even if Melo is slightly better than Beas I haven't heard a single thing that leads me to believe Melo would be ok playing the same role with the same minutes. He still thinks he's elite and that is a huge problem.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:34 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Zubac | McGee | Chandler
Kuzma | Melo | Mo
LeBron | KCP | Lance
Ingram | Hart | Svi
Lonzo | Rondo

How about Bonga? Can we use his spot?
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:39 pm    Post subject:

cathy78 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Did anyone happen to watch OKC flame out of the playoffs last year? Way too many people acted like OKC was some kind of superpower when first signed Carmelo to go with Westbrook and PG13. Some of us laughed at OKC knowing full well what would follow. Fast forward to playoff time, OKC was a horrible playoff team until they benched Carmelo Anthony. With arguments and anger aplenty on the OKC bench just before he sat and never came back. They sat Carmelo for refusing to rotate, help the helper, play team defense, which cost them dearly last year. They wanted to compete for a title, they had a playoff series to win, they had no choice but to bench him but by then it was too late.

This all went down after the Knicks had been trying to get rid of Carmelo so they'd have a chance at climbing out of the cellar without his albatross contract, declining game, and lack of defense. OKC made what proved to be a foolish move to sign him. A year later, OKC management and fans alike were elated that Houston bailed them out, made their own foolish decision, and relieved OKC of Carmelo Anthony.

Now, surprise surprise, Houston has to get rid of Carmelo and won't even play him over the bottom of their roster. And they're trying to compete for a title this year. OH it's because they don't like the mid range game??!? Are you kidding me?

Maybe it's because defense matters? And the rest of his game is declining as well? Now it's Chicago's turn to bail Houston out. Houston had to pay cash to get Melo off their hands.

Does anyone see a pattern here?

Yes, agreed.

I have never been a Carmelo guy. Never liked his game. Same with Paul pierce. Just not my cup of tea.
I think Carmelo has to accept his fate. Reduced role with 10-12 mins a game, play over seas or retire.

No one thought the Thunder w/Carmelo would beat the GSW, and everyone was saying the rockets got worse not re-signing Ariza. I don't think you need to pat yourself on the back for those predictions everyone thought.

What some here are saying is he might be a good bench player, hell he might not even be that but if it cost us nothing might as well, we don't have anything to lose.

Nothing to loose? Maybe in terms of money. But team chemistry, development of youth could be lost in an instant. Credibility of the front office comes to mind as well. What kind of image do the Lakers want? Retirement home for aged overrated players that got overhyped at some point in their careers?

Don't think a bench player will impact chemistry much even if he did we just cut him. Deployment of the youth can't be lost an instant, that's not how that works. Credibility of the front office, please we just signed LBJ. As for image we were called the meme team dont think we care about imagine too much. Are you afraid he might take other players minutes away? If he does that's just called competition, you aren't given minutes you earn them. I don't think he'll get a lot though.
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:43 pm    Post subject:

Melo? Gasol? Season gets better by the day....
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:31 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:

Melo won't do jack squat to help our defense or three point shooting.

Honestly I'm starting to wonder if these reports that the Lakers are interested in him might be some kind of a smokescreen.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:05 am    Post subject:

I don't stand with the majority on this. Some people act like signing him would be the end of the world.

I say if we can bring Melo in without trading away any of our key guys then what could it hurt? Seriously we're not winning a ton of games as it stands.

I believe he can still put points on the board and in the right situations can be a good role player. Not to mention adding a veteran presence that would make LBJ happy.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:09 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I say if we can bring Melo in without trading away any of our key guys then what could it hurt?

Our defense. And our offense.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:14 am    Post subject:

ESPN seems to want to drive Carmelo to LA. I think they just want more gossip/rumor headlines to drive clickbait.

I'd rather just keep using Beasley and Svi over anything that Carmelo would bring to the Lakers.
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject:

The difference between cp3 or westbrook supposedly being able to keep melo in line is that they've never won anything. Lebron not only is his pal but on top of being a top10 goat hes actually won chips.

I dont really want melo on the team, I'm just saying the argument that cp3 and westbrook failed therefore so will lebron is not sound logic.
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject:

Double post
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Lakers_Jester wrote:
The difference between cp3 or westbrook supposedly being able to keep melo in line is that they've never won anything. Lebron not only is his pal but on top of being a top10 goat hes actually won chips.

I dont really want melo on the team, I'm just saying the argument that cp3 and westbrook failed therefore so will lebron is not sound logic.

Once you win a championship you don't get to waive a magic Ringz wand that allows Carmelo to suddenly defend and shoot well. The guys in Houston and OKC created scores of open shots for him and he couldn't hit them, and on the other end of the floor he bleeds points. He stinks, he doesn't fit, we don't have minutes for him, he betrays our strengths while failing to shore up any weaknesses. The one thing he has going for him is that he's a selfless teammate with a good attitude. Oh wait, he sucks in that department too.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject:

WB/PG13/Melo: disastrous 1st round exit.

Melo leaves...OKC is a top 3 WC team IMO.

Harden/CP3/Melo: disastrous start.

Melo leaves...Houston likely top 4 WC team.

ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:12 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I don't know how many more times he has to be terrible before the fever breaks, but the answer may be infinity.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:17 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I don't know how many more times he has to be terrible before the fever breaks, but the answer may be infinity.

The MELO tour is about collecting jerseys from the various teams that trade/waive him. He's about halfway there. (but will never beat Matt Barnes in my heart for that record).
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Lakers_Jester wrote:

Phil has more rings than LeBron and he wasn't able to change Melo.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:45 pm    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/BR_NBA/status/1088165357012037633?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1088165357012037633&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2F
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/BR_NBA/status/1088165357012037633?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1088165357012037633&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2F

pretty low opinion of Lakers management
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Odds for what team Carmelo Anthony will be on at the end of the Trade Deadline (Bovada):

Lakers -200
Trail Blazers +450
Heat +500
76ers +600
Pistons +900
Spurs +900
Wizards +2000

https://twitter.com/OddsShark/status/1088131412383928320
rebirth
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:20 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
Odds for what team Carmelo Anthony will be on at the end of the Trade Deadline (Bovada):

Lakers -200
Trail Blazers +450
Heat +500
76ers +600
Pistons +900
Spurs +900
Wizards +2000

https://twitter.com/OddsShark/status/1088131412383928320

I found the bolded more interesting. This would suggest we were making a move at the deadline.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:35 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Houston replaced Melo with G-Leaguer Danuel House and improved. Fact is a G-Leaguer is way better than Melo.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18
Jump to: