If it wasn't for the Lakers, I would probably be done with the NBA
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:34 pm    Post subject: If it wasn't for the Lakers, I would probably be done with the NBA

The fact that I've been a Lakers fan for over 30 years and there is nothing that I enjoy more than sitting down and watching a Lakers game, is the only reason why I still watch this joke of a league. This league is in the business of manufacturing stars, in order to market around the world. Tonight's game was a disgrace. The Refereeing was absolutely disgusting! All done to keep the Harden narrative going! It's not just last night but this happens on a nightly basis all around the league.

They have taken defense completely out of the game and gave all of the advantages to the offensive players. The Rockets don't even play basketball, they just shoot 3's. They have a "manufactured star" that has more free throws and 3 pointers on the season than regular baskets. That is not basketball.

This league is going downhill fast and it's the Lakers, and only the Lakers that keeps me watching!

Last edited by Harlemlakerfan on Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:39 pm    Post subject:

I could not have said it any better.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:59 pm    Post subject:

I'd be watching the clippers.
Thank the Lord the Lakers exists.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:09 am    Post subject:

Besides these phantom foul calls that go in favor of Harden the NBA is actually in great shape right now.

Too bad the league's officiating is such a huge problem sometimes that it overshadows the great stars in the league right now and how much the quality of play has improved over the past 10-15 years.

The officiating is enough for even the most optimistic of us to put on a tin foil hat.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:15 am    Post subject:

The whole narrative about Harden being a "manufactured superstar" is a little overblown, IMO. The guy is undeniably a major offensive talent.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:58 am    Post subject:

The officiating has always been bad and it has always been biased toward the stars of the league. I don't see that ever changing.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:33 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
The whole narrative about Harden being a "manufactured superstar" is a little overblown, IMO. The guy is undeniably a major offensive talent.

Yeah we designed our entire defense just to stop him and he still scored 48 points without CP3 or Capela to draw defenders away from him.

He's the best player in the league right now.

I hate the cheating and flopping... but he's reached another level.

When all Shaq did was dunk... no one said, well that's all that Shaq does.

Harden's game isn't aesthetically pleasing but until someone stops him, you have to give him credit.

No one's done two fifty point games in a row since Chamberlain and he almost did it three times.

Crazy stuff... Jordan, Kobe... no one has done what he's been doing this week.
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:40 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Yeah we designed our entire defense just to stop him and he still scored 48 points without CP3 or Capela to draw defenders away from him.

Harden's game isn't aesthetically pleasing but until someone stops him, you have to give him credit.

No one's done two fifty point games in a row since Chamberlain and he almost did it three times.

This. I hate the flops and ref baiting but it's smart on his part and its on the refs to officiate properly... People hate on him even when he has low FTA games and still drops a 40 point triple dub.

Last edited by Killakobe81 on Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total
botox
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:41 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Didn't Kobe score 50 or more four straight times?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:43 am    Post subject:

botox wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Didn't Kobe score 50 or more four straight times?

Yeah. But Harden has 19 consecutive games with 30 points and counting. No one has done that since Wilt. He is absurd. Most unstoppable offensive player since Kobe in his prime.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:45 am    Post subject:

Kobe did 40 four times in row.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:46 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:

50s four times in a row
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:48 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

50s four times in a row

Yeah you guys are right... he did forty 4 times in row in 2006
and 50 in 2007... Impressive...
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:51 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

50s four times in a row

Wilt averaged 50 for a whole season.
jmnluvr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:52 am    Post subject:

How many 50 point games would Jordan have strung together if he had a clear path to the hoop on every drive? Harden's a great scorer, sure. But you can't touch him. How many would Kobe have scored every game if he was allowed to push off on every shot? How many would Wilt have scored if he were allowed to travel on every play?

Harden takes what Lebron started to the extreme, and it's bad for basketball. I remember growing up playing ball in the 80's and every dude in LB had "Lil' Jordan" scribbled in his shoes and jacked up shots and never passed and I hated Jordan for it. It took 25 years for the NBA to get team basketball back to something everything was trying to achieve. Now I see the younger generation doing the same crap Harden is doing, and I don't blame them for emulating it.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:58 am    Post subject:

Wilt from December 9, 1961... to December 29, 1961

Around 25 years old at the time.

After a short slump of three games in the thirties and forties... he went on a similar tear in January.

The 100 point game came in March

Incredible...
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:59 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
governator wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

50s four times in a row

30000+
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:01 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
32 wrote:
governator wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

50s four times in a row

30000+

Incredible stamina. Another unreal stat he has is averaging 45.8 minutes a game for his career! Mind blowing.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:02 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

I think Shaq is a bad example. The referees did not know how to officiate games he played in. However, they were actually smart enough to turn a blind eye and let MANY calls go in order not to ruin the games. If they officiated in the games Shaq played in like they currently do with regards to Harden, the games would have lasted 4 hours. There was not a time when Shaq was not fouled. The calls that Harden gets are borderline ridiculous.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:04 am    Post subject:

jmnluvr wrote:
How many 50 point games would Jordan have strung together if he had a clear path to the hoop on every drive? Harden's a great scorer, sure. But you can't touch him. How many would Kobe have scored every game if he was allowed to push off on every shot? How many would Wilt have scored if he were allowed to travel on every play?

Harden takes what Lebron started to the extreme, and it's bad for basketball. I remember growing up playing ball in the 80's and every dude in LB had "Lil' Jordan" scribbled in his shoes and jacked up shots and never passed and I hated Jordan for it. It took 25 years for the NBA to get team basketball back to something everything was trying to achieve. Now I see the younger generation doing the same crap Harden is doing, and I don't blame them for emulating it.

The year Jordan averaged 37 points a game... the 20th highest scorer scored 21.7 points

This year the 20th highest scorer averages 21.7 points

I don't think things have changed as drastically as you think in terms of individual production.

If the scoring is higher due to defensive restrictions and the introduction of the 14 second clock... why isn't everyone scoring like crazy?
jmnluvr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

I think Shaq is a bad example. The referees did not know how to officiate games he played in. However, they were actually smart enough to turn a blind eye and let MANY calls go in order not to ruin the games. If they officiated in the games Shaq played in like they currently do with regards to Harden, the games would have lasted 4 hours. There was not a time when Shaq was not fouled. The calls that Harden gets are borderline ridiculous.

This. Harden is the anti-shaq.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:07 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
governator wrote:
32 wrote:
governator wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

50s four times in a row

30000+

Incredible stamina. Another unreal stat he has is averaging 45.8 minutes a game for his career! Mind blowing.

The worst thing about Wilt was his unblemished record fouling out of games.

Because he insisted on playing 48 minutes and never fouling out... he'd stop trying as hard on defense if he got 5 fouls.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:08 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
jmnluvr wrote:

The year Jordan averaged 37 points a game... the 20th highest scorer scored 21.7 points

This year the 20th highest scorer averages 21.7 points

I don't think things have changed as drastically as you think in terms of individual production.

If the scoring is higher due to defensive restrictions and the introduction of the 14 second clock... why isn't everyone scoring like crazy?

Because the 20th best perimeter player in the league isn't that great. Doesn't get the phantom calls and is playing next to one or two other guys that can chuck three's too so the team decides to give them shots.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:09 am    Post subject:

jmnluvr wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

This. Harden is the anti-shaq.

I was referring to Harden's seemingly one dimensional game offensively.

However, one could argue the refs were doing him a favor by letting him score instead of having to go to the line all the time.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:09 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Fans of other team would beg to differ. Notice, that the fans of teams always feel this way about players not on their team.

Back in the day, people used to complain all day about Shaq getting foul calls. You just didn't hear it like you do now because social wasn't as big.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: