All these injuries the Laker players are suffering is flat out brutal

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:14 pm    Post subject: All these injuries the Laker players are suffering is flat out brutal

This is what the movie script would look like if a director decided to make a basketball movie based on injuries... it’s a scary nightmare for all of us, because we have already seen the potential of this team and it’s exciting and scary for the rest of the league...
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:43 pm    Post subject:

It really sucks. Because with a complete roster I honestly think we can win a title. If 100% healthy. But it doesn’t appear that’s going to happen this year. Everyone 100% at the same time.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:46 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
It really sucks. Because with a complete roster I honestly think we can win a title. If 100% healthy. But it doesn’t appear that’s going to happen this year. Everyone 100% at the same time.

drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:57 pm    Post subject:

The biggest thing to take away is that when Lebron and Rondo are back we'll only be just out of the playoffs. Could have been a lot worse.

And as much potential as Lonzo has, he isn't a key part of the Lakers success this year. His play is too inconsistent at the moment to be a relied part of the team. Next year or the year after he could be a big part of the team's success but this year it's great when he appears but he often doesn't, or he'll push too hard and his young body (that has yet to mature) will just let him down.

Lebron and Rondo will play point when they return and we'll be into the playoffs.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:01 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
The biggest thing to take away is that when Lebron and Rondo are back we'll only be just out of the playoffs. Could have been a lot worse.

And as much potential as Lonzo has, he isn't a key part of the Lakers success this year. His play is too inconsistent at the moment to be a relied part of the team. Next year or the year after he could be a big part of the team's success but this year it's great when he appears but he often doesn't, or he'll push too hard and his young body (that has yet to mature) will just let him down.

Lebron and Rondo will play point when they return and we'll be into the playoffs.

I like your positive attitude, the good thing is that Lonzo should be back around the AS break just in time for the 2nd half of the season... LeBron will lead us like he always does when a team needs him to produce.
BennyLava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:11 pm    Post subject:

Meanwhile, the so-called injury prone players like Embiid won't miss a game this season. It's got to be a curse.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:15 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:

Only we don’t know how long until Lebron and Rondo return. Luckily we have the all star break to help guys recover.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:14 pm    Post subject:

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=166066&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I said a lot of stupid things in that thread from six years ago. But it's funny how history seems to be repeating itself. I really do wonder what kinds of preventative medicine our staff employs. Since our current trainer is a Vitti disciple, I can't imagine it's anything too deeply based in analytics.

Also, I wonder how assertive our training staff is in terms of managing our guys' health. Reading Kobe's book "The Mamba Mentality," it's clear that, as hardworking as Kobe was, he probably wasn't taking care of his body in the most optimal fashion, especially as he got older (though he argues the training staff did everything that they could).
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:47 pm    Post subject:

BennyLava wrote:
Meanwhile, the so-called injury prone players like Embiid won't miss a game this season. It's got to be a curse.

I think this year has actually been pretty typical. I checked out a site that tracks games missed and the Lakers were way toward the low end. Granted, it has some skewed stats like bench players who are out for the season and it doesn't count the games LeBron, Rondo, and Lonzo are still expected to miss. If LeBron comes back soon and Lonzo misses 4-6 weeks, they'll have a starting lineup of 3 guys who played 65 games or so and 2 guys who played all season. Not ideal but also not terrible.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:46 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=166066&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I said a lot of stupid things in that thread from six years ago. But it's funny how history seems to be repeating itself. I really do wonder what kinds of preventative medicine our staff employs. Since our current trainer is a Vitti disciple, I can't imagine it's anything too deeply based in analytics.

Also, I wonder how assertive our training staff is in terms of managing our guys' health. Reading Kobe's book "The Mamba Mentality," it's clear that, as hardworking as Kobe was, he probably wasn't taking care of his body in the most optimal fashion, especially as he got older (though he argues the training staff did everything that they could).

It's more about the training. Our Personal Trainer to The Stars should be identifying where guys are weak or unbalanced in their body to train them up and prevent injuries. Prime example: Lonzo and his weak hips/glutes (which is why he keeps spraining his ankles, same as Curry did). But it's yet another glaring problem (like his FT shooting form) that no one can seem to identify.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:31 pm    Post subject:

In this moment I am not even angry. I am just sad and disappointed with all this. Basically I am watching games just thinking what we can be. Even don't care what is happening on the court. And that is sad part of this.
Our medical and training staff need to be re-evaluated after this season. There is some dead wood there for sure. Lakers, like on of the biggest organizations, need to have best staff possible. This is a joke. I was so happy before the season now I am really sad because it will be really hard for us to make PO.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:33 pm    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
In this moment I am not even angry. I am just sad and disappointed with all this. Basically I am watching games just thinking what we can be. Even don't care what is happening on the court. And that is sad part of this.
Our medical and training staff need to be re-evaluated after this season. There is some dead wood there for sure. Lakers, like on of the biggest organizations, need to have best staff possible. This is a joke. I was so happy before the season now I am really sad because it will be really hard for us to make PO.

Yeah I'm bummed out too. Our young guys were just starting to really starting to get their legs under them (Zo especially). Wins on the road against OKC and what should have been a beatdown in Houston. Things were clicking and we don't even have Lebron. Man...
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:50 pm    Post subject:

its just plain luck. look at the warriors, none of their players have had any serious injuries since they started rolling. after Kerr got hired

1 of the jobs of the medical staff should be preventive training or mesaures . i doubt the lakers have any.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:43 am    Post subject:

Rondo and Lonzo are both injury prone. LeBron was just bad luck
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:04 am    Post subject:

The three current injuries (to LeBron, Rondo and Lonzo) are not exactly shockers, are they ?

LeBron had been essentially untouched career-long by serious injury until now; his luck meter just ran out, IMO.

Rondo misses 10-20 (or more) contests every year due to injury.

Lonzo has been having ankle problems since high school, suffering in his UCLA year and both Laker campaigns.

It's unfortunate for the club that all three designated "lead guards" are out at once and perhaps for long enough to make a run to the playoffs just out of reach. That's just the roll of dice the FO was willing to risk.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:16 am    Post subject:

Lonzo's injury is the most brutal to me because he needs the court time more than Lebron and Rondo.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:26 pm    Post subject:

I had a bad feeling the play before Lonzo went down. Things were clicking finally. Reminded me of Andrew Bynum in 2007. We were starting to roll and then we play Memphis.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:27 pm    Post subject:

The CP3 curse is alive and well.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Nothing can beat that one season, during the tank years (shudder), when it seemed like just about everyone spent time injured.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:09 pm    Post subject:

Yup, being a niners fan as well as having to deal with this has been brutal for sure.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: