Did the Lakers Punt Too Soon on Julius Randle, D'Angelo Russell and Others?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:31 pm    Post subject:

I was upset losing Randle for nothing, but it would be funny to see all the complaints here of our lack of spacing and shooting with BI, LBJ, and Randle all sharing the floor. It would be Luke doesn't know how to use him, or LBJ is stunting his development. I love his intensity and consistency he brings, but we should have at least retained him and tried to get a pick or another shooter for him later.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:35 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
I was upset losing Randle for nothing, but it would be funny to see all the complaints here of our lack of spacing and shooting with BI, LBJ, and Randle all sharing the floor. It would be Luke doesn't know how to use him, or LBJ is stunting his development. I love his intensity and consistency he brings, but we should have at least retained him and tried to get a pick or another shooter for him later.

Yeah, but he asked to be released. We did him a favor. Not that the Lakers wanted him back anyways, but that’s their short sightedness.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:36 pm    Post subject:

foshowtime wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
MJST wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
The Dlo trade is still the most egregious mistake Maginka have made. I don't think I'll ever get over that trade. Dlo was our best prospect by far.

Wrong about DLO being our best prospect. Ingram and DLO will probably end up with similar careers. All-Star type players. Lonzo Ball, if healthy, could be an elite NBA player. He definitely outplayed DLO their first time vs each other. And the second time I would still give the edge to Ball, ever so slightly though. I wouldn’t argue if anyone said DLO the second time around. But saying DLO was our best prospect by far is a serious overreaction. And I am a DLO fan.

Nope. Dlo was a better prospect than BI. Eye test and analytics back that up.

And he can do this

https://streamable.com/qv37v

But BI is still a fantastic prospect, however underappreciated by the franchise he is. It's something both D'lo and Randle can relate to.

That’s what I like about MJST. He always supports the young dudes.

And sorry Juggs. Year 3 BI is playing better than year 3 Russell. Year 4 Russell is clearly better than year 3 BI. BI is two years younger than Russell. In two years, I expect BI to be taking over games just like DLO is, unfortunately somewhere else. And I still believe Ball can be better than all of them. He’s just not as flashy, but who the (bleep) cares.

Imagine all of them together. The argument over which one is better would be so much more enjoyable

Agreed.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:38 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
trablos wrote:

Yeah, but he asked to be released. We did him a favor. Not that the Lakers wanted him back anyways, but that’s their short sightedness.

I get that we wanted to do him a solid, but we had full control and could have told him we would try to find a suitable trade for him eventually. For some reason it seems a lot of GM's don't really value him that much but we still could have got a solid role player or pick for him while he contributed to some of our weak areas.
youcantguardme
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:07 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
Kuz for DLo I can live with that.

Randle and his agent made it personal.

Move on

Thanks for some intelligence in the midst of complete stupidity by so many. Too many people throw out opinions that are based on wishes more than reality. The way that contracts work, they could have only kept all the young guys if you paid them. Keep DLo and Julius and you would have no LBJ and no hope for a second superstar and you wouldn't be winning either. Other than possibly BI, not one of the younger players is going to be the #1 option on a championship team. It's cute that Dlo was an all-star but there are several Pos in the west that weren't that are much better than he is. Julius is a very good role player at best.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:13 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:

Randle is shooting better from 3 than Kuzma is.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:15 pm    Post subject:

youcantguardme wrote:
YSong wrote:

Move on

Thanks for some intelligence in the midst of complete stupidity by so many. Too many people throw out opinions that are based on wishes more than reality. The way that contracts work, they could have only kept all the young guys if you paid them. Keep DLo and Julius and you would have no LBJ and no hope for a second superstar and you wouldn't be winning either. Other than possibly BI, not one of the younger players is going to be the #1 option on a championship team. It's cute that Dlo was an all-star but there are several Pos in the west that weren't that are much better than he is. Julius is a very good role player at best.

Not true, we could have had DLO, Randle and Lebron.
ryan_c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:37 pm    Post subject:

Randle is still terrible on defense.
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:42 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
youcantguardme wrote:
YSong wrote:

Move on

Not true, we could have had DLO, Randle and Lebron.

No the math doesn’t add up. If you kept Russell and waited a year and did the Dwight for Movgov deal you would have Dwight on the books for 23 million if you kept him or 19 million if you did the buy out like the nets.

Dwight 19
Russell. 7
Deng. 14.35
Ball. 7.4
Ingram. 5.75
Randle. 9 (assuming he signs the same deal)

Those put you over 60 million not including Wagner , Kuz and Zu and the cap holds. The cap was 101
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:07 pm    Post subject:

youcantguardme wrote:
YSong wrote:

Move on

Thank you, I am all for developing talented youngsters, but no title team has ever kept 5-7 of their draft picks as the majority of their rotational players, it's just not realistic. Fortunately we kept the best of all of them sans Dlo who I'd probably value right behind Ingram and Lonzo, but we can still make up his production with our cap space weather that's another max or good complimentary shooters. I've always felt that if you are running a team you have to optimize around who is the least replaceable. Very rarely do you draft a guy who looks like a sure fire hall of famer. If you just collecting a bunch of solid contributors and having to pay them all, where does that get you exactly? You have to factor in not only what you have, but opportunity cost of what you can get.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:09 pm    Post subject:

I think if we kept Dlo and Randle we'd have a good chance at getting PG
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:11 am    Post subject:

We definitely shouldn't have let Randle simply walk on over to the Pelicans. Russell however was a different story in that, he was causing issues for the FO from within the Locker Room.
No team wants an unsettled locker and even though Swaggy wasn't a main guy here, we was a certifiable Social Media Presence and the bad PR wasn't good for this young team. We probably should have traded him for better talent, but with the Low dollar amount to his salary that may have been difficult.
Lopez is not on our team now and we "NEED A CENTER".
So a couple of premature decisions made definitely.
We could have stretched Randle and he could be helping us right now as the main small ball center, he's a bully in the paint!
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:36 am    Post subject:

lakurluv wrote:
We definitely shouldn't have let Randle simply walk on over to the Pelicans. Russell however was a different story in that, he was causing issues for the FO from within the Locker Room.
No team wants an unsettled locker and even though Swaggy wasn't a main guy here, we was a certifiable Social Media Presence and the bad PR wasn't good for this young team.

Then you trade Young. Let him cheat on his gf somewhere else.

Seriously, if they traded DLO because Young doesn't know how to manage his relationships and is too stupid to know not to brag about that fact, that is even more idiotic than for whatever reasons they actually did do it.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:52 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
lakurluv wrote:
No team wants an unsettled locker and even though Swaggy wasn't a main guy here, we was a certifiable Social Media Presence and the bad PR wasn't good for this young team.

Then you trade Young. Let him cheat on his gf somewhere else.

Seriously, if they traded DLO because Young doesn't know how to manage his relationships and is too stupid to know not to brag about that fact, that is even more idiotic than for whatever reasons they actually did do it.

You must not have anyone you trust in your life
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:31 pm    Post subject:

Russell’s video leaking was the best thing for Young.

So the narrative is that his fiancé broke off the wedding because of the video leak. Actually, she gave him another chance. What broke them up was the fact that she found out he impregnated his former high school girlfriend/baby’s mother. She was pregnant before the video leak.

So the media narrative made it seem Russell broke up a marriage and Young became a victim. When in actuality they broke up because he got someone else pregnant
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
I think if we kept Dlo and Randle we'd have a good chance at getting PG

Who I would prefer over Lebron. Cheaper, in his prime and he seems like a good teammate. We would be the Mintz Lakers instead of the Klutch Lakers.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:40 pm    Post subject:

akk7 wrote:

So the narrative is that his fiancé broke off the wedding because of the video leak. Actually, she gave him another chance. What broke them up was the fact that she found out he impregnated his former high school girlfriend/baby’s mother. She was pregnant before the video leak.

So the media narrative made it seem Russell broke up a marriage and Young became a victim. When in actuality they broke up because he got someone else pregnant

Who cares if they broke up because of dlo or not. It was still a (bleep) move by dlo, one or the worst things a teammate has done to another ive seen.

Its still kind of unbelievable how stupid it was to do that. I give him a pass because he was only 20 but I also understand why hes not a Laker anymore.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
akk7 wrote:

Who cares if they broke up because of dlo or not. It was still a (bleep) move by dlo, one or the worst things a teammate has done to another ive seen.

Its still kind of unbelievable how stupid it was to do that. I give him a pass because he was only 20 but I also understand why hes not a Laker anymore.

Just what do you think DLO did? He recorded Young talking which Nick was fine with.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:45 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
akk7 wrote:

Just what do you think DLO did? He recorded Young talking which Nick was fine with.

Yeah but I don't think Nick expected that to reach the public at all.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
akk7 wrote:

Yeah but I don't think Nick expected that to reach the public at all.

DLO wasn’t responsible for that.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:46 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
akk7 wrote:

Just what do you think DLO did? He recorded Young talking which Nick was
fine with.

What? He recorded Nick with out his knowledge while he was saying pretty incriminating stuff in private to his team mate. then dlo uploaded it to the world because he is a extreme (bleep)
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:51 pm    Post subject:

No, DLO didn’t release the video. Perfect example of people buying the media slant no matter that it is false.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:53 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
No, DLO didn’t release the video. Perfect example of people buying the media slant no matter that it is false.

How else did it get uploaded? Did someone "hack him" because thats not that believable.

If this was a court case all the evidence would point to him uploading it regardless even if he says he didnt
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:53 pm    Post subject:

I can't believe anyone still gives a (bleep) about the Nick Young incident anymore.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:57 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
I can't believe anyone still gives a (bleep) about the Nick Young incident anymore.

What else are we gonna talk about... the Lakers arent making the playoffs and things have got a little boring around here since everyone here kind of knows it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 13 of 27
Jump to: