Did the Lakers Punt Too Soon on Julius Randle, D'Angelo Russell and Others?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:53 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
In what universe is stupidly allowing your videos to be shared less a crime than selfishly trying to upset the livelihoods of half your teammates for your own and your agency's personal interests?

On any ranking of sins... what DLO did by stupidity or negligence is way less a betrayal than what LBJ did to his teammates.

Imagine someone from your own workplace coming in for half a year... some genius Harvard MBA... who recommends downsizing and shipping you off to New Orleans.

LBJ and Klutch are assh*les... DLO was a dumb kid.

There is no comparison who is worse... it makes my blood boil that people obsess over betrayal of the bro code when Swaggy was the pr*ck for cheating on his woman in the first place... and give LBJ a pass because he's an all time great player.

It pisses me off that people did the same for Kobe too.

Most of us were guilty of putting on blinders and selling our souls because we were so desperate to win this season.

I wanted LBJ... but I, like everyone else is to blame for being so thirsty that we ignored all the Cleveland warning signs... spurned PG... to sign this prima donna.

I'm sickened by what they've done to our team... and what DLO did pales in comparison.

Whoa mister, simmer down.

This is the calm version of my reaction after wasting six years watching this team tank. I can only wonder how annoyed the actual people affected might be

If they trade the core... I'm rooting for all the ex Lakers until LBJ is gone.

The real sad part is that both DLO and Randle were salary dumps in what I believe was freeing up space to sign lebron. I strongly believe that Magic has known for a year or two that lebron wanted to come here. This has all been in the works for some time now.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:57 am    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
DLO officially eliminating us from playoff contention tonight

We eliminated ourselves..
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:01 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
DLO officially eliminating us from playoff contention tonight

We eliminated ourselves..

Well yeah. I mean on paper it's official.
SpunkieLakerCat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:15 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
where24happens wrote:
The team turned on DLO after the Nick Young incident, they were definitely not in on the joke together lmao. Swaggy P lost his fiancee because of it.

You act as if DLO intended to release it, which apparently he did not.

Swaggy P lost his fiancée not b/c of DLO but b/c of his actions (which included video that Iggy saw of him bringing women to their house).

None of it matters man, the point I was trying to make was I am cofident Lebron would not come here if it was Dlo's team- Swaggy WAS VERY popular within the league.
Players don't judge each other about infidelity I'm guessing.

Is he popular? Seems no one wants him

Coach Wooden
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:41 pm    Post subject:

SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
where24happens wrote:
The team turned on DLO after the Nick Young incident, they were definitely not in on the joke together lmao. Swaggy P lost his fiancee because of it.

Swaggy P lost his fiancée not b/c of DLO but b/c of his actions (which included video that Iggy saw of him bringing women to their house).

None of it matters man, the point I was trying to make was I am cofident Lebron would not come here if it was Dlo's team- Swaggy WAS VERY popular within the league.

'Popular' in Websters dictionary definition doesn't seem to mention "skill" or "talent", and I don't think I did either.
If you were never popular in school or at work I guess I get your confusion but popularity has nothing to do with skill at work or school.

Should the Lakers get players based on popularity?
The Accountant would say yes, but the talent scout would say no.
and the fans? Well, since we are STILL TALKING ABOUT A PLAYER WHO HAS NOT BEEN HERE IN OVER TWO YEARS tells me that the fans need to either get out their checkbooks and start paying salaries of players OR stop supporting a team they supposedly detest so much.
It's an either or proposition.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:42 pm    Post subject:

The fact fans (and maybe the FO) are still weighing a talented but immature #2 pick vs. Swaggy's feelings/infidelity/bro code says a lot.
SpunkieLakerCat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
where24happens wrote:

'Popular' in Websters dictionary definition doesn't seem to mention "skill" or "talent", and I don't think I did either.
If you were never popular in school or at work I guess I get your confusion but popularity has nothing to do with skill at work or school.

and the fans? Well, since we are STILL TALKING ABOUT A PLAYER WHO HAS NOT BEEN HERE IN OVER TWO YEARS tells me that the fans need to either get out their checkbooks and start paying salaries of players OR stop supporting a team they supposedly detest so much.

So the answer would be no then. I don't get the issue. Nick had opted out and he was ring chasing and not planning on coming back. DLO is a young kid that got played by the girl he was dating. Nick didn't care about that Iggy. His mother of his first child was pregnant with his second when this happened.

Coach Wooden
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:57 pm    Post subject:

SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
where24happens wrote:

So the answer would be no then. I don't get the issue. Nick had opted out and he was ring chasing and not planning on coming back. DLO is a young kid that got played by the girl he was dating. Nick didn't care about that Iggy. His mother of his first child was pregnant with his second when this happened.

That bro code...
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:00 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Would this team eventually be a championship contender?

Ball
DLO
Ingram
Randle
(FA Center)

Bench:

Kuzma

No. But if you add LBJ to that it's a pretty interesting team with tradeable assets if necessary.

Yup. And there was nothing stopping us from keeping all the youngsters and still having room for a max. Even if we signed Randle to $12m, had Dlo's cap hold, we would still have max space this year by just stretching Deng or Moz.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:03 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Ball
DLO
Ingram
Randle
(FA Center)

Bench:

Kuzma

No. But if you add LBJ to that it's a pretty interesting team with tradeable assets if necessary.

Yup. And there was nothing stopping us from keeping all the youngsters and still having room for a max. Even if we signed Randle to $12m, had Dlo's cap hold, we would still have max space this year by just stretching Deng or Moz.

So 1 of Ingram/Randle/Dlo/Kuz would be relegated to bench duties for the foreseeable future. Call me crazy but I don't think it's wise to tie up big money on multiple guys who won't even be starting.
SpunkieLakerCat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:07 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
where24happens wrote:

That bro code...

Does not compute

Coach Wooden
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:12 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Ball
DLO
Ingram
Randle
(FA Center)

Bench:

Kuzma

So 1 of Ingram/Randle/Dlo/Kuz would be relegated to bench duties for the foreseeable future. Call me crazy but I don't think it's wise to tie up big money on multiple guys who won't even be starting.

Nothing wrong with paying $12-15m for anyone in your top-7 rotation. Also, you got to spend the money, so what is the big deal paying money to them if it doesn't stop you from spending it somewhere else. It isn't like its an opportunity cost.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:30 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
The fact fans (and maybe the FO) are still weighing a talented but immature #2 pick vs. Swaggy's feelings/infidelity/bro code says a lot.

Well, it says a lot about peoples reading comprehension for damn sure.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:33 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
In what universe is stupidly allowing your videos to be shared less a crime than selfishly trying to upset the livelihoods of half your teammates for your own and your agency's personal interests?

On any ranking of sins... what DLO did by stupidity or negligence is way less a betrayal than what LBJ did to his teammates.

Imagine someone from your own workplace coming in for half a year... some genius Harvard MBA... who recommends downsizing and shipping you off to New Orleans.

LBJ and Klutch are assh*les... DLO was a dumb kid.

There is no comparison who is worse... it makes my blood boil that people obsess over betrayal of the bro code when Swaggy was the pr*ck for cheating on his woman in the first place... and give LBJ a pass because he's an all time great player.

It pisses me off that people did the same for Kobe too.

Most of us were guilty of putting on blinders and selling our souls because we were so desperate to win this season.

I wanted LBJ... but I, like everyone else is to blame for being so thirsty that we ignored all the Cleveland warning signs... spurned PG... to sign this prima donna.

I'm sickened by what they've done to our team... and what DLO did pales in comparison.

Whoa mister, simmer down.

This is the calm version of my reaction after wasting six years watching this team tank. I can only wonder how annoyed the actual people affected might be

If they trade the core... I'm rooting for all the ex Lakers until LBJ is gone.

The real sad part is that both DLO and Randle were salary dumps in what I believe was freeing up space to sign lebron. I strongly believe that Magic has known for a year or two that lebron wanted to come here. This has all been in the works for some time now.

No, we didn’t need to trade either to be able to sign Lebron.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject:

SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
where24happens wrote:

That bro code...

Does not compute

Why am I not surprised that it "doesn't compute" with you?
Strenghth in numbers though chief- looks like you made a friend that you can talk about computing, bro codes, and from the looks of your two posting styles, quantum physics as well.
I'm just basking in the light of your two combined wits.
It's amazing, to be sure.
Thank you for the edification.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:38 pm    Post subject:

where24happens wrote:

The misinformation being posted in this thread is amazing.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:40 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

You have zero intel about whether this affected LBJ and whether it affected coming here. But yes, you judge other's reading comprehension. Yeah right...

In fact, people even say that LBJ/Lakers was set on autopilot. You think DLO being on the team would have stopped that?
SpunkieLakerCat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:48 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
where24happens wrote:

That bro code... :lol: :verysad:

Does not compute :lol: :lol:

Why am I not surprised that it "doesn't compute" with you?
Strenghth in numbers though chief- looks like you made a friend that you can talk about computing, bro codes, and from the looks of your two posting styles, quantum physics as well.
I'm just basking in the light of your two combined wits.
It's amazing, to be sure.
Thank you for the edification.

That went right over your head. Hint the laughing emoticons should of been a clue. You have a good one.

Coach Wooden
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:55 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

You have zero intel about whether this affected LBJ and whether it affected coming here. But yes, you judge other's reading comprehension. Yeah right...

In fact, people even say that LBJ/Lakers was set on autopilot. You think DLO being on the team would have stopped that?

I don't think this at all. It's probably an unpopular opinion, but the whole swaggy P incident had nothing to do with him being moved. The trade was more about dumping Mozgov and the Nets wanted Dlo in order to make that happen.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:04 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I don't think this at all. It's probably an unpopular opinion, but the whole swaggy P incident had nothing to do with him being moved. The trade was more about dumping Mozgov and the Nets wanted Dlo in order to make that happen.

Agreed. I don't think that incident mattered one bit. He'd still be a Laker if the Nets didn't want him.
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:51 pm    Post subject:

it's just an excuse that the media/magic kept using to trade DLO.

In what world did the locker room turn on DLO???? IF anything, most of them were his boys. I'm sure Nick Young did not give 2 f after a while and who else cared than?

Seems like he is still chill with most of his laker teammates......

I actually watched a youtube clip of sharpe/bayless talking about this and you wonder if they actually thought about how LEBRON WANTED TO TRADE ALL THE YOUNG PLAYERS and how much worse that is in the locker room than DLO's mistake.

I serious doubt DLO was traded cause of this reason. This dude literally is going to be the best recruiter for the next generation of NBA stars
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:50 pm    Post subject:

This season sucks..

The HUGE loser mentality from the Lakers FO and their extreme lack of teambuilding knowhow is being exposed in the worst way. Go big or go home are the only options, right? Well, we won 35 games last year and were on an upward trajectory. This year? We're going to have to go 50% on our last 10 games to surpass last season's total, which is looking highly unlikely at this point Call me crazy, but a slight incremental improvement over last season would have had us become a sub-.500 team that may have been competitive for the 8th seed. Instead, we are officially elimanted from the playoffs with over 10% of the season remaining. Forget "going big" when improving on last season sounds like a dream at this point.

Also, catering to Klutch is already proving deadly. The FO got LeBron and nuked on almost every other decision they've made so far. Star free agents are NOT going to want to come to this dumpfire where LeBron is allowed to dominate FO decisions and has way too much power. Time to snuggle in for another decade of mediocrity folks.

Slightly unrelated, but this thread is becoming extremely negative and I may recommend mods to close. Comments ranging from "D'Lo wouldn't have saved us anyway, plus he's an unathletic high usage iso chucking snitch" to "Randle is a highly replaceable type that wanted to leave - good riddance!" make me not want to post here anymore. I get it, these are former players so there's a lot of emotion involved. However, that should not allow a green light for posters to bicker with each other instead of having a civil exchange about the FO's choices.

Lakers fam everywhere are bordering on lunacy lately (myself included), tighten up please...
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:58 pm    Post subject:

Kobesystem wrote:

In what world did the locker room turn on DLO???? IF anything, most of them were his boys. I'm sure Nick Young did not give 2 f after a while and who else cared than?

I actually watched a youtube clip of sharpe/bayless talking about this and you wonder if they actually thought about how LEBRON WANTED TO TRADE ALL THE YOUNG PLAYERS and how much worse that is in the locker room than DLO's mistake.

I serious doubt DLO was traded cause of this reason. This dude literally is going to be the best recruiter for the next generation of NBA stars

The locker room didn't turn on him. There was media chatter that the team's veterans had shunned him but that was quickly debunked by both Lou Williams and MWP. The incident with Young happened midway through Russell's rookie year and had completely blown over by the time the next season started. They even started in the back court together and the team was playing well until injuries hit.
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:19 am    Post subject:

Kobesystem wrote:

He wasnt even traded after this happened. He played another full season here with no issues.
In fact, Nick Young and him played very well together that next year.
Many of the veterans that were unhappy with DLO were gone.
By all accounts, Nance, JC and Randle were good with DLO
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:26 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Lol D'Lo just posted a pic of him and LeBron hugging at last night's game with the caption "role model." Somehow it seems the people who care about "snitching" are fans on message boards who already didn't like him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 24 of 27
Jump to: