Anthony Davis Trade Rumor Thread (Cap Math, P. 1; Trade Talks Rumored Dead For Now)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 636, 637, 638  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
al242
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Sep 2012
Posts: 2610

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:52 am    Post subject:

TRADE EVERYONE!

If we can keep Ingram, I wouldnt mind trading every asset we have for the next 3 years to acquire Davis.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Jul 2014
Posts: 2651

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:55 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
ribeye wrote:
Anyone and everyone not named LeBron for Davis, but, don't bank on it. They are not under the gun and there will likely be better offers out there.


Which offer would be better? (It can't be the Celtics until the summer).


Why would the Pels not wait until summer then? They have no reason or pressure to trade him until all the best offers are on the table, which includes Boston. Why not wait for the inevitable bidding war. This also hurts the Lakers because all the one year contracts are now free agents.

Pels have no business incentive to trade before then. It is the Lakers that will likely be desperate not the Pels.


Because hopefully Davis is telling the C's he will not sign an extension with them. Then Ainge no doubt pulls out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 30428

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:55 am    Post subject:

Lonzo
Hart
LeBron
Davis
Mcgee

?

What's the starting 5 if we pull off this miracle?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ribeye
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2001
Posts: 8737

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:55 am    Post subject:

The God Particle wrote:
ribeye wrote:
Anyone and everyone not named LeBron for Davis, but, don't bank on it. They are not under the gun and there will likely be better offers out there.


Which offer would be better? (It can't be the Celtics until the summer).


They can wait.
_________________
For the adults in the room only
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 1622
Location: Jack's Crib

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:58 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Brad Turner (who's close with Magic Johnson) says that any deal has to start with Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma, Ivica Zubac, and a first round pick.


In a heart beat I would think KCP has to be in deal money wise, the thing I like even when LBJ retires we still would have a 29-30 year old super star to draw another elite player!
_________________
My Laker squad.
Mr. Clutch, Nixon, Eddie, Magic, Kareem, Silk
Cooper, AC, Worthy, Horry, Shaq, Kobe.
HC: Riley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
al242
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Sep 2012
Posts: 2610

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:58 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Lonzo
Hart
LeBron
Davis
Mcgee

?

What's the starting 5 if we pull off this miracle?


That is trash, e have keep to keep at least one of the young core.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 14192
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:58 am    Post subject:

Kuzma + Ingram + Fillers + 1st round pick

GET IT DONE, MAGIC!
_________________
SPEAK IT INTO EXISTENCE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Oct 2007
Posts: 2078

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:59 am    Post subject:

So if it’s Turners deal of Zo, Kuz, Zu and a 1st then..

I assume we sign Carmelo Anthony.

And I’d guess we trade a 2nd for an Ellington type or a buyout guy.


PG: Ingram / Rondo / Bonga
SG: KCP / Hart / Svi
SF: James / Ellington
PF: Davis / Carmelo
C: Chandler / McGee / Wagner
_________________
24
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Jun 2016
Posts: 2516

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:00 am    Post subject:

KCP + BI + Hart + 4 1st rounders in my perfect world
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Posts: 3525
Location: The other side

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:00 am    Post subject:

The no-trade clause in KCPs contract really hurts us now.
It is near impossible to make a reasonable package without including him.
Is Deng's salary still in the books? Could it be included?
KCP, Rondo, Lance, Beasley, BI, Ball - onlly they have salaries >3 mil.
Kuz, Wagner, Zu, they are being paid so little, it's impossible to make salaries match.
_________________
.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ribeye
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2001
Posts: 8737

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:00 am    Post subject:

If the Laks traded Ball, Beaseley, Stevenson, Ingram, Kusma, and Zubac for Davis, the Hollinger analysis says the Laks pick up 5 wins, and the Pelicans lose 9.

If I were the Pelicans, I would not be in any hurry to do that.
_________________
For the adults in the room only
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 May 2005
Posts: 28532

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:01 am    Post subject:

I'd be shocked if we kept Ingram. I think some combo of Ball, Kuzma and/or Ingram will be sent to a 3rd team for a top 2-3 draft that gets sent to Pelicans.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 May 2005
Posts: 28532

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:02 am    Post subject:

Would the Suns give up their #1 pick for say Lonzo and Kuzma?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Jul 2016
Posts: 10073

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:03 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Brad Turner (who's close with Magic Johnson) says that any deal has to start with Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma, Ivica Zubac, and a first round pick.


Ingram will need to be paid soon - I’m guessing that’s why he’s not there.

Please take him over one of Lonzo or Kuz and it’s a home run.

I mean, either way you do the deal there.
_________________
Kyle Kuzma
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Intlakeshow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 21 Jun 2017
Posts: 165

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:03 am    Post subject:

Ingram/Kuz/Zu/Hart/KCP/Lance/2 1sts.

Keep Lonzo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 19927

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:04 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Brad Turner (who's close with Magic Johnson) says that any deal has to start with Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma, Ivica Zubac, and a first round pick.


If the Pels are willing to trade with the Lakers, the Lakers front office needs to get try to get this done as quickly as possible. I don't think anyone is safe, I just hope the Lakers are wise with who they "throw in" the deal as spare parts.
_________________
"It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up."-The Greatest
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2014
Posts: 4349

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:06 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Brad Turner (who's close with Magic Johnson) says that any deal has to start with Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma, Ivica Zubac, and a first round pick.


Done deal.

Bron
Davis
BI
Rondo
Hart

No brainer.


No depth either. There only so many Carmelo's available to keep James happy. When either of James or Davis sits out or is injured, then what?

Roster even becomes more top heavy when the one year free agents are converted into the marquee free agent everyone is waiting for next summer. If any choose to join the team.

Roster relies on massive mins per game and no injuries from players. And the bench not losing leads on a consistent basis. The contending teams have the multiple All-stars but they also have deep benches. That will not be the Lakers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 19927

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:06 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Would the Suns give up their #1 pick for say Lonzo and Kuzma?


Nope
_________________
"It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up."-The Greatest
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
laker50
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Mar 2014
Posts: 1518

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:07 am    Post subject:

Would try to keep one of Lonzo, Ingram, and Kuzma.
But Lonzo, Ingram and a first round pick would be highest would go. This is two second picks in NBA.
This means having to keep Rondo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 19927

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:08 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
King Randle wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Brad Turner (who's close with Magic Johnson) says that any deal has to start with Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma, Ivica Zubac, and a first round pick.


Done deal.

Bron
Davis
BI
Rondo
Hart

No brainer.


No depth either. There only so many Carmelo's available to keep James happy. When either of James or Davis sits out or is injured, then what?

Roster even becomes more top heavy when the one year free agents are converted into the marquee free agent everyone is waiting for next summer. If any choose to join the team.

Roster relies on massive mins per game and no injuries from players. And the bench not losing leads on a consistent basis. The contending teams have the multiple All-stars but they also have deep benches. That will not be the Lakers.


You get the stars now, and add the role players later. The Lakers can worry about filling out the roster after they get star players.
_________________
"It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up."-The Greatest
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 1622
Location: Jack's Crib

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:08 am    Post subject:

Only 10 days to get it done this season, sure don’t wanna see Boston in play!

Don’t know we can get it done cause we haven’t heard Pels GM response, I think they play out the season, hope I’m wrong...
_________________
My Laker squad.
Mr. Clutch, Nixon, Eddie, Magic, Kareem, Silk
Cooper, AC, Worthy, Horry, Shaq, Kobe.
HC: Riley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Black20Ice
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 643

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:09 am    Post subject:

Shaber wrote:
The no-trade clause in KCPs contract really hurts us now.
It is near impossible to make a reasonable package without including him.


Why in the hell would any team grant him a no-trade clause?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2014
Posts: 4349

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:11 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
ribeye wrote:
Anyone and everyone not named LeBron for Davis, but, don't bank on it. They are not under the gun and there will likely be better offers out there.


Which offer would be better? (It can't be the Celtics until the summer).


Why would the Pels not wait until summer then? They have no reason or pressure to trade him until all the best offers are on the table, which includes Boston. Why not wait for the inevitable bidding war. This also hurts the Lakers because all the one year contracts are now free agents.

Pels have no business incentive to trade before then. It is the Lakers that will likely be desperate not the Pels.


Because hopefully Davis is telling the C's he will not sign an extension with them. Then Ainge no doubt pulls out.


Apparently Davis is concerned with his legacy and Championships. Wouldn't he have a better opportunity for both with the Celtics? And trust me it makes me ill to admit that.

Is Davis so influenced by Paul (and James) that he ignores the better opportunity is in the EC and with that roster?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 15822
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:11 am    Post subject:

I just gotta wonder if the timing of this announcement coming on the heels of Zu putting up an AD-type of numbers game is a coincidence. BI also had a great game last night.
_________________
"Suck it up. Don't be a baby. Do your job." - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
VocabuLaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 04 Mar 2006
Posts: 914
Location: Venice Beach

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:12 am    Post subject:

Black20Ice wrote:
Shaber wrote:
The no-trade clause in KCPs contract really hurts us now.
It is near impossible to make a reasonable package without including him.


Why in the hell would any team grant him a no-trade clause?


It was not really 100% JCP or RPs demand. It is a RULE in NBA.

Any player getting a 2nd 1 year deal with same team gets an automatic no trade clause.


Last edited by VocabuLaker on Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 636, 637, 638  Next
Page 2 of 638
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB