empire actor allegedly attacked in hate crime (all charges dropped against smollett)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 33, 34, 35  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:50 am    Post subject:

Talk about being torn

I want it to be legit because I don't want something like this faked..

I don't want it to be legit because I don't want this to be my society

----------------

Because I knew I didn't want to makeup any story I left it alone

Then looked at his face and cannot recollect ever seeing a victim of something like this with what looks like a snag on a rose thorn on his cheek for his injuries

I am still open

BUT

headlines of "vicious attack" are odd with no visible injuries

were there injuries around his neck from the noose being put over him

He looked like a victim whose face was spared from injury on purpose?

---------- I am still holding out for the truth ------------------
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:17 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I don't see how it could affect Trump.

I am not up to speed on the story, but I thought he reported the assailants screamed "this is MAGA country" in a follow-up interview but did not initially disclose. I also think it was reported that he was on the phone with his agent at the time whose description of what he heard changed and became more graphic in follow-up conversations with the police....and neither of them would turn over their phone or access to phone records to prove they were actually on the phone when the attack allegedly occurred.

Maybe there are legitimate reasons for these decisions or the reports were not 100% accurate, so I will just wait to see how the investigation plays out.

Would you hand over your phone? I wouldn't hand over my phone.

Why would he need to prove he was on the phone when this happened? Whatever is on my phone will not help catch the assailants.

What does it matter anyways? Lot's of people are attacked and not on their phone at the time. Why does it matter if he was on the phone or not.

maybe it is just me, but nothing you say makes any sense to me. The alleged victim brought the phone conversation and the agent into the story with his statement. It would then be law enforcement's obligation to verify as many facts in the statement as possible.

Yeah, there should be no reason they can't just check the call log and verify the story. They should verify any claims. They even do this in confessions in spite of a confession.

Couldn't they check the agents phone?

I want to wait to see what other information comes out. But, my gut tells me that there WAS an altercation of some kind but that it is possible the details of that altercation are decidedly different than the story. We'll see. Stranger things have happened.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:03 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Couldn't they check the agents phone?

in the story I read, the agent also refused to turn over phone or access to phone records. Again, this was early on (a day or two ago)....it could have even been inaccurate reporting. I look at this way....yeah, the story does seem a little "strong"....but at the same time, him and his agent would have to be too smart to try to pull such an amateur publicity stunt....those things almost always fall apart it seems...and I have a difficult time thinking they would create this out of thin air.

So we wait for the facts of the investigation.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:09 am    Post subject:

I had seen he didn't want to give them his whole phone.. gave them permission to get the info they needed a different way

(bleep) Border Patrol takes peoples phones..AND CLONES them then dissects data

No way would I hand my phone over to a cop even if I was a victim.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:17 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
I had seen he didn't want to give them his whole phone.. gave them permission to get the info they needed a different way

Which is exactly the way he should have handled it. There is no reason for the potential victim of an alleged crime to give unbridled access to their phone when the only relevant information can be sought through less invasive methods.

And for those who are going to attempt to use the "if you have nothing to hide . . ." argument. It has nothing to do with hiding anything and everything to do with preserving your right to privacy and that of your contacts.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:57 pm    Post subject:

What I'm trying to wrap my head around is:

1) In the middle of a polar vortex where it's like a bazillion degrees below zero, folks are deciding to walk around on the streets at 2am instead of ordering for delivery?

2) Other folks are leaving home carrying ropes in hopes of coming across somebody to noose up, again , @ 2am in imitation Antartica?

A more believable theory of the nights events:

What's worth going out onto the Tundra @ 2am? Got munchies? Grab some Subway and some weed? Meet in a spot where there aren't any cameras?

Dip into the Subway then go to meet up with the dealer. Make the exchange, but upon investigation, he discovers it's just oregano bush shavings. He yells at the dealer and they yell a slur back at him and scurry off. He steps to give chase but slips on the ice and falls atop his meatball sub, squishing it. Now he's headed home with no weed, no money, and a squished sub. That would piss anybody off, so what does a drama king do? Make up some crazy story.

More believable than the story he's currently peddling. I've no clue what happened that night, if anything at all, but I'm confident the story being peddled isn't exactly how events unfolded. Experience tells me that 2am stories are usually embellished, or information is selectively omitted, in an effort to not disclose the 2am activities that were afoot...
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:35 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

Which is exactly the way he should have handled it. There is no reason for the potential victim of an alleged crime to give unbridled access to their phone when the only relevant information can be sought through less invasive methods.

And for those who are going to attempt to use the "if you have nothing to hide . . ." argument. It has nothing to do with hiding anything and everything to do with preserving your right to privacy and that of your contacts.

Some people have pictures, pictures they don't want anyone to see, contact info, bank info, many things personal on their phone. If there's a way to get pertinent info without being invasive, do it. If they want to know if he was on his cell and what time his carrier can give them that info.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:00 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I don't see how it could affect Trump.

I am not up to speed on the story, but I thought he reported the assailants screamed "this is MAGA country" in a follow-up interview but did not initially disclose. I also think it was reported that he was on the phone with his agent at the time whose description of what he heard changed and became more graphic in follow-up conversations with the police....and neither of them would turn over their phone or access to phone records to prove they were actually on the phone when the attack allegedly occurred.

Maybe there are legitimate reasons for these decisions or the reports were not 100% accurate, so I will just wait to see how the investigation plays out.

Would you hand over your phone? I wouldn't hand over my phone.

Why would he need to prove he was on the phone when this happened? Whatever is on my phone will not help catch the assailants.

What does it matter anyways? Lot's of people are attacked and not on their phone at the time. Why does it matter if he was on the phone or not.

maybe it is just me, but nothing you say makes any sense to me. The alleged victim brought the phone conversation and the agent into the story with his statement. It would then be law enforcement's obligation to verify as many facts in the statement as possible.

Ok, let’s say you verify that he was on his phone. Now what?

Now you can move on with the investigation?

What if he said he was playing pokemon go? You need to verify he was playing pokemon go for reals?

Or he said he was checking Lakersground.net? The cops need to verify that?

How does him being on the phone or not affect your ability to investigate the matter?

There are facts. Not every fact is relevant.

If he said he was eating a subway sandwich, they need to check his receipt?
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:05 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Some people have pictures, pictures they don't want anyone to see, contact info, bank info, many things personal on their phone. If there's a way to get pertinent info without being invasive, do it. If they want to know if he was on his cell and what time his carrier can give them that info.

Exactly
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:09 pm    Post subject:

I think the victim who is not under police investigation has the right not to share his phone records, all the victim phone records might impacts is prosecution of the alleged criminal in court
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:22 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
I think the victim who is not under police investigation has the right not to share his phone records, all the victim phone records might impacts is prosecution of the alleged criminal in court

Yup, all they need to know is:

1) what time was the phone call made and to whom?
2) how long was the conversation
3) did the other person hear anything

You don’t need a person’s phone to get this info. You won’t get #3 from looking at the phone. You need to ask the person the the other line.

When you turn over your phone to the police, they will go through EVERYTHING.

Every txt message. Every photo. Every website you visited. All the phone calls and contacts. All that to verify these 2 pieces of information?

And this information doesn’t even help them find the perpetrators.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Some more odd details from this case.

Not only did he keep the rope around his neck, apparently there is footage of him entering the apartment building with the sandwich in hand that he bought before the altercation. Somehow, this guy was being viciously attacked but was able to talk to his agent AND hang on to a sandwich while enduring it. Just all so weird.

Oh, he also supposedly held his first concert since the attack last night and he is announced himself as the “gay Tupac”.

I really hope more clarity around this case surfaces to explain what happened here.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:17 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

Not only did he keep the rope around his neck, apparently there is footage of him entering the apartment building with the sandwich in hand that he bought before the altercation. Somehow, this guy was being viciously attacked but was able to talk to his agent AND hang on to a sandwich while enduring it. Just all so weird.

Oh, he also supposedly held his first concert since the attack last night and he is announced himself as the “gay Tupac”.

I really hope more clarity around this case surfaces to explain what happened here.

I think it’s ok to say nobody knows the truth yet
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:27 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Yeah, I do think he should get the benefit of the doubt but there certainly some highly unusual circumstances involved.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:25 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Which is why no one should be calling him a liar at this point.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
governator wrote:

Which is why no one should be calling him a liar at this point.

Absolutely
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject:

I think the police have a pretty good idea if an attack happened and how it took place. The statement from the CPD sounds a little suspicious to me, but maybe I am misinterpreting it....

Quote:
We are withholding certain information because we want to have “all our ducks in a row” if we open this case up to “interrogations.”

It was also released that Smollett's neighbor recently came forward and claimed they saw a "redneck" in the area with a rope shortly before the attack, but their description of the "redneck" did not match Smollett's description of either alleged attackers. Personally, in a vacuum, it is a little difficult for me to picture a "redneck" walking around downtown Chicago at night carrying a rope...but maybe that is just based on my perceptions and experiences in downtown Chicago.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:21 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
I think the police have a pretty good idea if an attack happened and how it took place. The statement from the CPD sounds a little suspicious to me, but maybe I am misinterpreting it....

Quote:
We are withholding certain information because we want to have “all our ducks in a row” if we open this case up to “interrogations.”

It was also released that Smollett's neighbor recently came forward and claimed they saw a "redneck" in the area with a rope shortly before the attack, but their description of the "redneck" did not match Smollett's description of either alleged attackers. Personally, in a vacuum, it is a little difficult for me to picture a "redneck" walking around downtown Chicago at night carrying a rope...but maybe that is just based on my perceptions and experiences in downtown Chicago.

Because I was just reading info about Chicago yesterday I just searched for travel ratings
Chicago Ranked No. 2 Travel Destination in U.S. by Conde Nast
Reuben Unrau | October 19, 2016 5:56 pm
https://news.wttw.com/2016/10/19/chicago-ranked-no-2-travel-destination-us-conde-nast

There was also white powder sent to the empire studio iirc..

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/31/entertainment/jussie-smollett-attack-letter-phone-call/index.html
Quote:
A letter containing a white powder was sent to the Chicago set of "Empire" days before one of the show's stars, Jussie Smollett, was allegedly attacked by two men on January 29.
Chicago police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi told CNN that the letter, received on January 22 at Cinespace Studios, where the show is filmed, prompted a response from the HAZMAT unit.
Guglielmi said authorities determined the powder to be aspirin, but declined to give details on the content of the letter.

Possible they really wanted to terrorize him for some reason

For all we know he could be mistaking bearded Jewish men as rednecks?
Maybe some ultra conservative group is targeting him for many potential reasons
Race
Sexuality
Jewish
maybe more?
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:35 am    Post subject:

Updates:

https://www.tmz.com/2019/02/12/jussie-smollett-phone-records-rejected-pdf-redacted-request-bill/

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-smollett-update-20190211-story.html
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:59 pm    Post subject:

^ So odd. He sent over his phone records, redacted all of the people who were irrelevant to the case, and they still can’t verify he was actually talking to his manager so they can confirm the exact time of the attack?

Even if he lied about talking to the manager, he could still have been legitimately attacked.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:41 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
^ So odd. He sent over his phone records, redacted all of the people who were irrelevant to the case, and they still can’t verify he was actually talking to his manager so they can confirm the exact time of the attack?

if I am not mistaken, one issue is he sent over screen shots or faxes of a PDF file...and the manager supplied something that was basically useless. I am not sure of all the issues, but anyone with Adobe Pro can easily alter a PDF. I think they need him to give the phone carrier approval to provide the records or at least for him to download records from the carrier in their presence, and he has refused to do either.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:45 pm    Post subject:

For someone that was attacked in such a vicious fashion he seems rather reluctant to assist the police in apprehending his assailant.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:48 am    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
For someone that was attacked in such a vicious fashion he seems rather reluctant to assist the police in apprehending his assailant.

is it more than just the phone records? (He might have reasons not to divulge his phone records). What other things have he been reluctant to assist the police?
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:56 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

if I am not mistaken, one issue is he sent over screen shots or faxes of a PDF file...and the manager supplied something that was basically useless. I am not sure of all the issues, but anyone with Adobe Pro can easily alter a PDF. I think they need him to give the phone carrier approval to provide the records or at least for him to download records from the carrier in their presence, and he has refused to do either.

Quote:
police publicly stated that the records Smollett and his manager provided weren’t sufficient for solving the case

Here's the weird thing. Lots of people are attacked without being on their phone. People get killed w/o being on their phone. Jussie Smollett could have easily been attacked without being on his phone. And if he wasn't on his phone, the police would have to solve the case, WITHOUT phone records.

They can go about their investigation w/o the phone records. Do your investigation, worry about the phone records later. Whether or not you get the phone records should not prevent you from looking for the perpetrators.

This investigation is not a linear progression where you must get the phone records before you can proceed to the next step.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:05 am    Post subject:

I don't think it was stated anywhere that they were prevented from looking for the perpetrators. And nowhere did it say the investigation was linear so I'm not sure why you'd even bring that up. In fact, I think the article said in spite of much available evidence they are still investigating it. But knowing the exact time of the attack would be helpful in solving the case because Chicago has cameras EVERYWHERE and they have yet to find any recordings of the assault. If he was attacked while on the phone as he stated, and, they could confirm the exact time of the call, that would at least help narrow down the time to look for in the recordings.

I mean, it's as simple as saying, here's my call log of the day. Here's the phone call to my manager at 2:07AM. They can snap a photo of the call log, log the time and go look at footage from exactly that time. I'm not sure why it's so complicated or why he'd need to redact anything at all from his call log. It's... strange to say the least.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 2 of 35
Jump to: