empire actor allegedly attacked in hate crime (all charges dropped against smollett)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:29 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
lol well ofcourse he'd put something like that on the memo line. I wouldnt expect him to write "payment for staged attack" on a check

It's not what you believe, it's what you can prove.

The check itself wasn't a strong piece of evidence. Unless it was for an outrageous amount far exceeding the value of the services then, as you say, how can you prove it wasn't for what Smollett claims it was for?

However, with the strong video surveillance evidence of the brothers movements on the night of the alleged assault, the $3500 still raises a question about what motive would they have for going to such lengths to assault a guy who just paid them a lot of money.

I hope the brothers' lawyer is good because I get the impression Smollett's highly-paid team is going to try putting this back on them if they can't poke holes in the video and phone evidence.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:52 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
lol well ofcourse he'd put something like that on the memo line. I wouldnt expect him to write "payment for staged attack" on a check

I think it is certainly possible the check was at least in part if not entirely, a payment for training services. I think we have to assume that's true and look for other clues that confirm or reject that premise.

One thing related to the checks which is a little odd ... it was reported that the brothers were to get another check only after they return from Nigeria for $500. If the first check was ONLY for training and nothing else, then I wonder what the additional $500 was for?

Just theorizing but maybe the $3,500 was for training, and the $500 was for the attack?
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
[Chicago Police Superintendant] Johnson said the Osundairo brothers told police that Smollett gave them a $3,500 check to carry out the elaborate scheme. But there is more to investigators' confidence in their conclusion that the public has yet seen, he said.

"Let me tell, you, Robin, there’s a lot more evidence that hasn’t been presented yet, and does not support the version he gave," the police chief told "GMA" anchor Robin Roberts. "There’s still a lot of physical evidence, video evidence and testimony that just simply does not support his version of what happened."

Johnson made a point to note that statements about the case are not opinions, but based rather on a surfeit of evidence gathered by investigators before the actor was charged.

"It's important for people to recognize that it's not the Chicago Police Department saying he did something, it's the evidence, the facts and the witnesses that are saying this," he said.

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:28 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Quote:
[Chicago Police Superintendant] Johnson said the Osundairo brothers told police that Smollett gave them a $3,500 check to carry out the elaborate scheme. But there is more to investigators' confidence in their conclusion that the public has yet seen, he said.

"Let me tell, you, Robin, there’s a lot more evidence that hasn’t been presented yet, and does not support the version he gave," the police chief told "GMA" anchor Robin Roberts. "There’s still a lot of physical evidence, video evidence and testimony that just simply does not support his version of what happened."

Johnson made a point to note that statements about the case are not opinions, but based rather on a surfeit of evidence gathered by investigators before the actor was charged.

"It's important for people to recognize that it's not the Chicago Police Department saying he did something, it's the evidence, the facts and the witnesses that are saying this," he said.

I just had to comment that this mans clarity of speech is refreshing

Is Jussie hoping for a trial
Guilty
Then some more weird (bleep) after his continued plea of innocence?

*more video evidence ol Jussie not aware of eh
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:34 pm    Post subject:

The way this case is stacking up looks like Smollett will be doing time in jail or community service.

If he's found guilty I hope the collateral damage his misstep causes are minimal.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:47 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

I think it is certainly possible the check was at least in part if not entirely, a payment for training services. I think we have to assume that's true and look for other clues that confirm or reject that premise.

One thing related to the checks which is a little odd ... it was reported that the brothers were to get another check only after they return from Nigeria for $500. If the first check was ONLY for training and nothing else, then I wonder what the additional $500 was for?

Just theorizing but maybe the $3,500 was for training, and the $500 was for the attack?

Jussie was supposedly buying designer drugs from one of the brothers. It's been theorized the check was a payment for those drugs +

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:51 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

Jussie was supposedly buying designer drugs from one of the brothers. It's been theorized the check was a payment for those drugs +

You've already seen the collateral damage in this very thread. The right collects and brings up these types of case whenever an accusation or conversation comes up about hate crimes. Deny, minimize, obfuscate.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:25 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

no, the 4000 was for the attack/rope, etc.

That was not for training at all. he just put that on the line because he has used them for training before. thats how you attempt to cover your tracks.

So how do you find out if the check was different then training checks of the past? Check the amt of the previous training checks. if they are different by a good enough amt. it makes this check an outlier. If the check is the exact same as prior(which would've been smart), then you look for the check date. is that date weeks ahead of the usual training payment time frame? if so why? and what part of training says pay me 85% now and the last 15% later? this isnt a contract job thats your doing on someone's home, or contracted work you are doing for someone and you need the first part up front first to get started. this is supposed to be training. i trained you, pay me the full amt. or I train you all the time, so pay me weekly, bi monthly, monthly, quarterly, or yearly)
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:27 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
The mistake people are making is that they are judging this case in a vacuum, and against Smollett only. But with today's racially charged climate, and the precendentary nature of legal decisions, we should be thinking of the larger implications of decisions. Victims of race or sexually identity hate crimes are members of groups with less power than their attackers. Victims of these crimes should not fear serious jail time as a consequence of speaking out if nobody believes them or if rich racist homophobes hire great lawyers to discredit hem.

That message is important. But Smollett is a flawed messenger.
there's nothing wrong with a flawed messenger when he/she is telling the truth in that moment. If Smull lied he's a lying messenger. so sorry he gets discredited as he should. this isnt a broad brush scenario where you never again believe a gay black man. anyone using this as an excuse for that is just looking for an excuse to do what they would've always done no matter what happened with smull.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
jodeke wrote:
JUSSIE SMOLLETT DID NOT PAY BROTHER $3,500 FOR 'ATTACK'

LINK

Quote:
Our sources say the brothers made a deal with Jussie to train him for 5 weeks so he could get in shape for an upcoming music video. Jussie had said to Ola that he wanted abs like his. Both Abel and Ola agreed to train Jussie, and also give him a 5-week nutrition plan.

well if he's going to double down on his denial of this I'd expect nothing less for his camp to start pumping out contradictory info
exactly. this is now an official legal matter in regards to smull. He better lie about it and embellish where need be if he doesnt want to be found guilty legally. People do what they gotta due legally to get off. they can say i'm sorrys to the people they've wronged or hurt but they want to do that outside of jail and with no probation or bad print on their record. this aint about is it right or wrong. its about what do you hire a lawyer for? to prove your innocence or if push comes to shove, to prove that they can't prove your guilt.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:41 am    Post subject:

Wow 20 pages for this (bleep)?
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:57 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

Well, come on. For the usual suspects this story was like Christmas.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:56 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

This covers it quite well
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:58 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ocho wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:10 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ocho wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

Can you imagine how upset that White Supremacist Coast Guard guy is
The media play with our heads and hide (bleep)

He wanted to kill KILL lots and lots of innocent people because Trump gave him the list basically..

Yet a
Gay
Jewish
African American

Took over the news cycle
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:24 pm    Post subject:

We are all seeking entertainment, and the Smollett story is the much more entertaining than the Coast Guard dude.
No one started a thread because we couldn’t find much to discuss.
What is the counter argument?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:34 pm    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
We are all seeking entertainment, and the Smollett story is the much more entertaining than the Coast Guard dude.

He was plannig terrorist acts, but that doesn’t make him a terrorist?
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:34 pm    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:

Also, terrorists are page six material now, unfortunately, especially when nobody was hurt. Celebrity + hate crime is a unique combo, and the lying twist shot it into the stratosphere with the force of a thousand tucker carlsons.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:

Also, terrorists are page six material now, unfortunately, especially when nobody was hurt. Celebrity + hate crime is a unique combo, and the lying twist shot it into the stratosphere with the force of a thousand tucker carlsons.

Everyone knows Smollett’s name.

I haven’t seen anyone call the white supremacist terrorist anything other than The Coast Guard Guy. That pretty much gets to the core of it.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:47 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:

He was plannig terrorist acts, but that doesn’t make him a terrorist?

Sure it does. Seems everyone agrees the dude is really bad and thank goodness he was thwarted.

Complete agreement leaves little to discuss, so it seems weird to complain that nobody found anything interesting to talk about when there was nothing interesting to talk about.

Everyone: "Hang him"
Everyone: "Yeah!"

/end thread
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:48 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:

I haven’t seen anyone call the white supremacist terrorist anything other than The Coast Guard Guy. That pretty much gets to the core of it.

The core being near unanimous agreement?
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:52 am    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:

WHY WORRY ABOUT THE COAST GUARD WHEN EVERYONE KNOWS THE REAL THREAT TO THIS COUNTRY IS OUR EXPOSED SOUTHERN BORDER!
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:14 am    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:

WHY WORRY ABOUT THE COAST GUARD WHEN EVERYONE KNOWS THE REAL THREAT TO THIS COUNTRY IS OUR EXPOSED SOUTHERN BORDER!

Interestingly enough, throughout the investigation, Foxnews.com didn't give Smollett top billing on its front page until the day that CPD announced Jussie as their suspect. THE major boogeyman on Foxnews.com on most of those days?

AoC aNd ThE GrEeN NeW dEaL!
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:40 am    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:

Not sure what you are trying to get at, but it doesn't appear to have anything to do with the point I'm making.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:58 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:

Not sure what you are trying to get at, but it doesn't appear to have anything to do with the point I'm making.
Which is...?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 20 of 35
Jump to: