empire actor allegedly attacked in hate crime (all charges dropped against smollett)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 5395

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:10 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
I don't think it was stated anywhere that they were prevented from looking for the perpetrators. And nowhere did it say the investigation was linear so I'm not sure why you'd even bring that up. In fact, I think the article said in spite of much available evidence they are still investigating it. But knowing the exact time of the attack would be helpful in solving the case because Chicago has cameras EVERYWHERE and they have yet to find any recordings of the assault. If he was attacked while on the phone as he stated, and, they could confirm the exact time of the call, that would at least help narrow down the time to look for in the recordings.

I mean, it's as simple as saying, here's my call log of the day. Here's the phone call to my manager at 2:07AM. They can snap a photo of the call log, log the time and go look at footage from exactly that time. I'm not sure why it's so complicated or why he'd need to redact anything at all from his call log. It's... strange to say the least.



Quote:
police publicly stated that the records Smollett and his manager provided weren’t sufficient for solving the case


Also, how does phone records establish when an attack happened? Phone records just establishes when a phone call happened.

It'd be no different than if the cop asked him "do you know around what time this happened?" and his answer was "yeah, it was 3:15am and I know this because I looked at my watch right before I got attacked."

They'd run with this piece of information and continue on with the investigation. They wouldn't say "Smollet saying he looked at his watch at 3:15am isn't sufficient for solving the case."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 26348

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:18 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
I don't think it was stated anywhere that they were prevented from looking for the perpetrators. And nowhere did it say the investigation was linear so I'm not sure why you'd even bring that up. In fact, I think the article said in spite of much available evidence they are still investigating it. But knowing the exact time of the attack would be helpful in solving the case because Chicago has cameras EVERYWHERE and they have yet to find any recordings of the assault. If he was attacked while on the phone as he stated, and, they could confirm the exact time of the call, that would at least help narrow down the time to look for in the recordings.

I mean, it's as simple as saying, here's my call log of the day. Here's the phone call to my manager at 2:07AM. They can snap a photo of the call log, log the time and go look at footage from exactly that time. I'm not sure why it's so complicated or why he'd need to redact anything at all from his call log. It's... strange to say the least.



Quote:
police publicly stated that the records Smollett and his manager provided weren’t sufficient for solving the case


Huh? That doesn't say they are prevented from finding the perpetrators or continuing with the investigation.

It just says the evidence they were given is insufficient in its ability to solve the case.

Nowhere does it say that the investigation cannot continue without it. Is that in another article perhaps?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 5395

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:25 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
I don't think it was stated anywhere that they were prevented from looking for the perpetrators. And nowhere did it say the investigation was linear so I'm not sure why you'd even bring that up. In fact, I think the article said in spite of much available evidence they are still investigating it. But knowing the exact time of the attack would be helpful in solving the case because Chicago has cameras EVERYWHERE and they have yet to find any recordings of the assault. If he was attacked while on the phone as he stated, and, they could confirm the exact time of the call, that would at least help narrow down the time to look for in the recordings.

I mean, it's as simple as saying, here's my call log of the day. Here's the phone call to my manager at 2:07AM. They can snap a photo of the call log, log the time and go look at footage from exactly that time. I'm not sure why it's so complicated or why he'd need to redact anything at all from his call log. It's... strange to say the least.



Quote:
police publicly stated that the records Smollett and his manager provided weren’t sufficient for solving the case


Huh? That doesn't say they are prevented from finding the perpetrators or continuing with the investigation.

It just says the evidence they were given is insufficient in its ability to solve the case.

Nowhere does it say that the investigation cannot continue without it. Is that in another article perhaps?


Yeah, and I'm saying if he wasn't even on the phone, would that be insufficient to solve the case?

If he never made a phone call to anyone, then they'd go about with the investigation.

But since he said he made a phone call - now it becomes crucial to get the phone records and without it - it becomes insufficient to solve the case.

That makes no sense.

Phone records are never going to be "sufficient" anyways.

All they can establish is that a phone call took place at a certain time and location (depending on the cell towers). That's it.

It can't establish that it took place during the attack or if an attack actually occurred.

Phone records aren't "sufficient" anyways.

Yeah, in your example of a phone call to the manager at 2:07am - what does that prove? It proves that there was a phone call to a manager at 2:07am. It doesn't prove where that phone call took place or if it took place during the attack. It could have been a phone call to his manager at 2:07am when he just left the club and then at 5:07am, he actually got attacked.

So, if the phone records don't really prove anything, why not just go with his word? If he says he was attacked at 2:07am, just go with that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 26348

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:38 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
I don't think it was stated anywhere that they were prevented from looking for the perpetrators. And nowhere did it say the investigation was linear so I'm not sure why you'd even bring that up. In fact, I think the article said in spite of much available evidence they are still investigating it. But knowing the exact time of the attack would be helpful in solving the case because Chicago has cameras EVERYWHERE and they have yet to find any recordings of the assault. If he was attacked while on the phone as he stated, and, they could confirm the exact time of the call, that would at least help narrow down the time to look for in the recordings.

I mean, it's as simple as saying, here's my call log of the day. Here's the phone call to my manager at 2:07AM. They can snap a photo of the call log, log the time and go look at footage from exactly that time. I'm not sure why it's so complicated or why he'd need to redact anything at all from his call log. It's... strange to say the least.



Quote:
police publicly stated that the records Smollett and his manager provided weren’t sufficient for solving the case


Huh? That doesn't say they are prevented from finding the perpetrators or continuing with the investigation.

It just says the evidence they were given is insufficient in its ability to solve the case.

Nowhere does it say that the investigation cannot continue without it. Is that in another article perhaps?


Yeah, and I'm saying if he wasn't even on the phone, would that be insufficient to solve the case?

If he never made a phone call to anyone, then they'd go about with the investigation.

But since he said he made a phone call - now it becomes crucial to get the phone records and without it - it becomes insufficient to solve the case.

That makes no sense.


Makes no sense because you're over thinking this. No one has said the case cannot continue. Nowhere have I read that the investigation is linear and without the phone records, it cannot continue.

The only thing that has been said is that the evidence that was turned over, that evidence that was given was insufficient in solving the case. That is different than a case that cannot be solved.

The same article you're quoting from has Jussie's spokesperson saying they're continuing to work with the Chicago PD so I think we can move on from the idea that the case can't go on.

(As for your comments about the phone call time. It can substantiate two things. One, that the alleged victim was telling the truth, and, it helps narrow down a specific time frame to look for on the cameras they have in Chicago). Without a specific time down to the minute, they'll have to comb through like 30-60 min intervals across a number of cameras all over the city. Basic stuff man.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 7110
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:45 am    Post subject:

The data was legible and understandable but not good enough for evidentiary purposes

I am thinking he needs to contact Verizon or whoever and get them to print something for him

The product he delivered is not sufficient quality to enter as "Evidence"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 26348

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:47 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
The data was legible and understandable but not good enough for evidentiary purposes

I am thinking he needs to contact Verizon or whoever and get them to print something for him

The product he delivered is not sufficient quality to enter as "Evidence"


No. The data provided was modified. By Jussie Smollett. To such an extent, that it wasn't usable in its ability to assist the investigation.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 5395

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:53 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:


(As for your comments about the phone call time. It can substantiate two things. One, that the alleged victim was telling the truth, and, it helps narrow down a specific time frame to look for on the cameras they have in Chicago). Without a specific time down to the minute, they'll have to comb through like 30-60 min intervals across a number of cameras all over the city. Basic stuff man.


No, they have the time frame. He can tell them the time frame. The phone record can not substantiate the time frame. They would still have to take his word for it.

And I'll use the same example. If he said he was attacked at 2:07am, they can use that as a time frame.

Or, they can wait until the phone records to substantiate his claims before looking around Chicago cameras. That's holding up the investigation. Which one are you arguing?

If he says he was attacked at 2:07am, are they using that as the time frame or are they waiting on the phone records before they look at the cameras?

If they get the actual phone records and it says he made a call to his agent, what exactly does that prove? What extra information did they gain?

What if they get the phone log and it says he made a phone call to his agent at:

2:07am
3:07am
4:07am
5:07am
6:07am

Now what? Now they have to ask him hey, which phone call was during the attack? So they're back to square one, taking his word. So what do they have to gain by getting the phone records?

There's nothing in the phone records that will eliminate the fact that they're still going to have to take his word for it.

Even if the phone records show 2:07am, they still have to take his word that this is when the attack allegedly happened.

And your comment about the phone records being able to prove that the victim was telling the truth - no it doesn't. What the police are seeking is that there was a phone call made DURING the time of the attack. The phone records can't prove that. It can only prove that a call was made. It could have been before the attack or after the attack, but it can't prove it happened during the attack. So, the phone call can't prove the victim was telling the truth.


Last edited by LongBeachPoly on Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 26348

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:08 am    Post subject:

Man, I don't know if you just have this thing where you overcomplicate everything but there is no need to go down a what if rabbit hole.

What we do know is that he claimed to have talked to his manager at the time of the alleged attack. The investigators believe having confirmation of the exact time would be helpful.

That confirmation wasn't supplied, unfortunately, and so on with the case they go. Any assertion that the investigation cannot continue is made up unless there is an article somewhere specifically stating that which you have yet to provide. As I said, Jussie's own spokesperson said they are continuing to work with the Chicago PD in spite of the redacted phone evidence not being helpful so your concerns that they cannot proceed are a non-issue at this juncture.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 5395

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:14 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Man, I don't know if you just have this thing where you overcomplicate everything but there is no need to go down a what if rabbit hole.

What we do know is that he claimed to have talked to his manager at the time of the alleged attack. The investigators believe having confirmation of the exact time would be helpful.

That confirmation wasn't supplied, unfortunately, and so on with the case they go. Any assertion that the investigation cannot continue is made up unless there is an article somewhere specifically stating that which you have yet to provide. As I said, Jussie's own spokesperson said they are continuing to work with the Chicago PD in spite of the redacted phone evidence not being helpful so your concerns that they cannot proceed are a non-issue at this juncture.


But they can't confirm what they are seeking. The phone records can't confirm his story.

It can only confirm that sometime during that night/early morning, he did make a phone call to his agent. That's it.

And how is that actually important? You need 2 pieces of information for it to be relevant - you need:

1) the time of the phone call (and to whom)
2) the time of the attack

Just getting the phone log that says he called his agent at 2:07am or 3:06am or 4:06am, is not enough to help you out.

You still need to know when the attack occurred. You still have to take his word for it.

And your example about needing the time frame to look at cameras - are they looking at cameras now? Because they have the time frame already. He told them the time. He can tell them the time. So they already have that. Are they currently looking at the cameras during this time frame or are they waiting on the phone records? That would answer whether they are continuing with the investigation or not. You are suggesting that they can't look at the cameras until they get the phone records. That is what you are suggesting. But if they are looking at cameras, then your point is moot. They don't need the phone records to look at the cameras. So which is it?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 7110
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:30 am    Post subject:

I am confused

I thought the phone records had something to do with him saying he was on the phone or called his agent immediately after??

I apologize.. can anyone clarify?

What is the value of the phone records.. why are they brought into question
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 26348

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:31 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Man, I don't know if you just have this thing where you overcomplicate everything but there is no need to go down a what if rabbit hole.

What we do know is that he claimed to have talked to his manager at the time of the alleged attack. The investigators believe having confirmation of the exact time would be helpful.

That confirmation wasn't supplied, unfortunately, and so on with the case they go. Any assertion that the investigation cannot continue is made up unless there is an article somewhere specifically stating that which you have yet to provide. As I said, Jussie's own spokesperson said they are continuing to work with the Chicago PD in spite of the redacted phone evidence not being helpful so your concerns that they cannot proceed are a non-issue at this juncture.


But they can't confirm what they are seeking. The phone records can't confirm his story.

It can only confirm that sometime during that night/early morning, he did make a phone call to his agent. That's it.

And how is that actually important? You need 2 pieces of information for it to be relevant - you need:

1) the time of the phone call (and to whom)
2) the time of the attack

Just getting the phone log that says he called his agent at 2:07am or 3:06am or 4:06am, is not enough to help you out.

You still need to know when the attack occurred. You still have to take his word for it.

And your example about needing the time frame to look at cameras - are they looking at cameras now? Because they have the time frame already. He told them the time. He can tell them the time. So they already have that. Are they currently looking at the cameras during this time frame or are they waiting on the phone records? That would answer whether they are continuing with the investigation or not. You are suggesting that they can't look at the cameras until they get the phone records. That is what you are suggesting. But if they are looking at cameras, then your point is moot. They don't need the phone records to look at the cameras. So which is it?


Relax. Don't worry about it. Let the investigators investigate. Doesn't seem like Jussie's team has any concerns with their methods thus far.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 5395

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:32 am    Post subject:

Yeah, it seems they know exactly when this attack allegedly occurred. They can narrow it down to a 60 sec window.

Quote:
So far, police have found no evidence of Smollett’s “redneck” attackers on the many video cameras around the area Smollett walked. There is a single gap of 60 seconds within the coverage, and this is where Smollett claims the attack took place.


Right now, it seems they don't believe his story:

Quote:
While police are officially still considering Smollett a victim of a hate crime, doubt has begun creeping in. Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson warned that if Smollett is found to have filed a false report there will be consequences.


Yeah, if their whole purpose is to investigate him for filing false charges, then they shouldn't be asking him for the phone records. They should just get a court order.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 5395

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:35 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Doesn't seem like Jussie's team has any concerns with their methods thus far.


This is an exaggerated statement. They refused to turn over their phones initially. They took 2 weeks to turn over phone records, which they heavily redacted in a pdf file (which is prone to manipulation). And now they are currently working with the police to resolve the issue. I'd say they have major concerns about turning over the phone/phone records.

At this point, the police just need to get a court order to get the records.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 7110
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:36 am    Post subject:

Did he also send the envelope to fox studios?

Someone with access to Palantir could find all the cameras in the area and know their blind spot

But redneck ninjas have not been seen in the wild

How did they escape

Did they pull him away from camera view and escape through a route that leads to a totally different area

Like I said before .. all that sounded planned out and yet they didn't ugly his face?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 7110
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:38 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Doesn't seem like Jussie's team has any concerns with their methods thus far.


This is an exaggerated statement. They refused to turn over their phones initially. They took 2 weeks to turn over phone records, which they heavily redacted in a pdf file (which is prone to manipulation). And now they are currently working with the police to resolve the issue. I'd say they have major concerns about turning over the phone/phone records.

At this point, the police just need to get a court order to get the records.


Please be as unbiased as possible and take on the roll of a victim of a vicious hate crime that has shaken you to your core...

Cops are still on your side.. They ask for help with the investigation

How long would it take you to get that information to them?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 36858
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:38 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
adkindo wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
^ So odd. He sent over his phone records, redacted all of the people who were irrelevant to the case, and they still can’t verify he was actually talking to his manager so they can confirm the exact time of the attack?


if I am not mistaken, one issue is he sent over screen shots or faxes of a PDF file...and the manager supplied something that was basically useless. I am not sure of all the issues, but anyone with Adobe Pro can easily alter a PDF. I think they need him to give the phone carrier approval to provide the records or at least for him to download records from the carrier in their presence, and he has refused to do either.


Quote:
police publicly stated that the records Smollett and his manager provided weren’t sufficient for solving the case


Here's the weird thing. Lots of people are attacked without being on their phone. People get killed w/o being on their phone. Jussie Smollett could have easily been attacked without being on his phone. And if he wasn't on his phone, the police would have to solve the case, WITHOUT phone records.

They can go about their investigation w/o the phone records. Do your investigation, worry about the phone records later. Whether or not you get the phone records should not prevent you from looking for the perpetrators.

This investigation is not a linear progression where you must get the phone records before you can proceed to the next step.


I will just be honest about what I sense....and I will admit it is ignorant gut speculation, but I think the police feel they know if the event happened or not....and I get a sense that they actually do not think events transpired as reported by Smollett. If that is the case, the phone records will either serve as corroboration of his and the managers official statements, or prove them to be dishonest and likely end the case or the criminal investigation will then turn on Smollett and his manager.

Although I risk looking the fool if he was actually attacked by two men, but if the reports are accurate to date, there are just too many extremely weird things that lack logic to me....

- First the police continue to claim they have collected other video feeds and evidence but are not making it public. In an urban area, there are cameras everywhere, and although there may be some small blind spots....getting in an out of them without being identified would seem almost impossible to me.

- Smollett leaves the rope around his neck all the way home....has consultation with his neighbor and still has the rope on his neck when police show up.

- Smollett is viciously attacked, yet arrives home with Subway sandwich intact.

- Smollett appears to have no visual marks from the attach when in concert 2 nights later.

- Smollett gives initial police report, then later revises police report days later with more extreme claims about the words that were said to him. Would't "this is MAGA country" be something you would recall in the first report?

- The manager also revises his statement to claim he heard clear statements made while on the phone with Smollett that he had not initially claimed.

- Several days later, the neighbor suddenly recalls seeing two "rednecks" roaming the Chi town streets in the middle of the night carrying a rope around the time of the alleged attack.

- Smollett and the manager appear to be playing some level of games with the phone records per the reporting. I mean it should be very easy and simple to provide the police the information needed. I would think Smollett could easily allow his phone company to turn over records of activity within a time range.

- Since police stated they have other evidence they are not releasing, and have requested evidence of the claims......Smollett and his manager have became very quiet.


They say fact is often stranger than fiction....but that is a lot of strange.
_________________
Rondo / Bradley / Caruso / Cook
Green / KCP / Daniels / Horton-Tucker
James /
Davis / Kuzma / Dudley
Howard / McGee / Cousins
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 7110
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:41 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

- The manager also revises his statement to claim he heard clear statements made while on the phone with Smollett that he had not initially claimed.



That is what I remember.. The manager was on the phone with him? when it happened?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 26348

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:41 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
I am confused

I thought the phone records had something to do with him saying he was on the phone or called his agent immediately after??

I apologize.. can anyone clarify?

What is the value of the phone records.. why are they brought into question


The reason the phone records are being sought is because Jussie said he was attacked WHILE on the phone with his agent. While the Chicago PD hasn't stated specifically why they want the records, neither Jussie's team nor anyone else is questioning the motivation for wanting them.

But it makes sense. And here's my stab at it.

Jussie Smollet said he was attacked at "around" 2am. This could be 1:45am, 1:55am, 2:01am, 2:15am or any variation above or around that. Might not even be around 2am at all, who knows, maybe Jussie was mistaken and it was actually closer to 1am or 3am. We don't know.

However, Smollett claimed he was on the phone WHILE being attacked. Having the phone records would confirm the exact time of the attack.

Why would having the exact time of the attack be helpful?

Chicago has cameras EVERYWHERE. If they know a specific time to look for, it would make it easier to look through all that camera footage for possible evidence.

Also, should suspects be found and charged, having the exact time of attack would help tighten any alibi windows. Right now, there is no proof of WHEN the attack occurred, only that it occurred "around" 2am which, I'm not sure what the range for "around" is but that could be used to help the perpetrators in court since it's so fuzzy. For instance, they could provide some kind of proof via a cell phone tower that the suspects were in a different part of the city "around" 2am. But if they knew the precise time, it would force the suspects to have to provide a much tighter alibi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 26348

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:43 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Doesn't seem like Jussie's team has any concerns with their methods thus far.


This is an exaggerated statement. They refused to turn over their phones initially. They took 2 weeks to turn over phone records, which they heavily redacted in a pdf file (which is prone to manipulation). And now they are currently working with the police to resolve the issue. I'd say they have major concerns about turning over the phone/phone records.

At this point, the police just need to get a court order to get the records.


It's not actually. This statement was released by Smollett and his crisis management firm.

Quote:
"We are continuing to work closely with the Chicago PD and remain confident that they will find Jussie’s attackers and bring them to justice."


So again, I know it's fun to make what ifs up, but, let's just stick to the facts ma'am.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 7110
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:47 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Doesn't seem like Jussie's team has any concerns with their methods thus far.


This is an exaggerated statement. They refused to turn over their phones initially. They took 2 weeks to turn over phone records, which they heavily redacted in a pdf file (which is prone to manipulation). And now they are currently working with the police to resolve the issue. I'd say they have major concerns about turning over the phone/phone records.

At this point, the police just need to get a court order to get the records.


It's not actually. This statement was released by Smollett and his crisis management firm.

Quote:
"We are continuing to work closely with the Chicago PD and remain confident that they will find Jussie’s attackers and bring them to justice."


So again, I know it's fun to make what ifs up, but, let's just stick to the facts ma'am.


Closely is not 2 weeks.. or is it?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 5395

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:47 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
adkindo wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
^ So odd. He sent over his phone records, redacted all of the people who were irrelevant to the case, and they still can’t verify he was actually talking to his manager so they can confirm the exact time of the attack?


if I am not mistaken, one issue is he sent over screen shots or faxes of a PDF file...and the manager supplied something that was basically useless. I am not sure of all the issues, but anyone with Adobe Pro can easily alter a PDF. I think they need him to give the phone carrier approval to provide the records or at least for him to download records from the carrier in their presence, and he has refused to do either.


Quote:
police publicly stated that the records Smollett and his manager provided weren’t sufficient for solving the case


Here's the weird thing. Lots of people are attacked without being on their phone. People get killed w/o being on their phone. Jussie Smollett could have easily been attacked without being on his phone. And if he wasn't on his phone, the police would have to solve the case, WITHOUT phone records.

They can go about their investigation w/o the phone records. Do your investigation, worry about the phone records later. Whether or not you get the phone records should not prevent you from looking for the perpetrators.

This investigation is not a linear progression where you must get the phone records before you can proceed to the next step.


I will just be honest about what I sense....and I will admit it is ignorant gut speculation, but I think the police feel they know if the event happened or not....and I get a sense that they actually do not think events transpired as reported by Smollett. If that is the case, the phone records will either serve as corroboration of his and the managers official statements, or prove them to be dishonest and likely end the case or the criminal investigation will then turn on Smollett and his manager.

Although I risk looking the fool if he was actually attacked by two men, but if the reports are accurate to date, there are just too many extremely weird things that lack logic to me....

- First the police continue to claim they have collected other video feeds and evidence but are not making it public. In an urban area, there are cameras everywhere, and although there may be some small blind spots....getting in an out of them without being identified would seem almost impossible to me.

- Smollett leaves the rope around his neck all the way home....has consultation with his neighbor and still has the rope on his neck when police show up.

- Smollett is viciously attacked, yet arrives home with Subway sandwich intact.

- Smollett appears to have no visual marks from the attach when in concert 2 nights later.

- Smollett gives initial police report, then later revises police report days later with more extreme claims about the words that were said to him. Would't "this is MAGA country" be something you would recall in the first report?

- The manager also revises his statement to claim he heard clear statements made while on the phone with Smollett that he had not initially claimed.

- Several days later, the neighbor suddenly recalls seeing two "rednecks" roaming the Chi town streets in the middle of the night carrying a rope around the time of the alleged attack.

- Smollett and the manager appear to be playing some level of games with the phone records per the reporting. I mean it should be very easy and simple to provide the police the information needed. I would think Smollett could easily allow his phone company to turn over records of activity within a time range.

- Since police stated they have other evidence they are not releasing, and have requested evidence of the claims......Smollett and his manager have became very quiet.


They say fact is often stranger than fiction....but that is a lot of strange.


Yeah, I agree. Here's my opinion.

Initially - when the police asked him and his manager to turn over their phones, I thought that was a bit too much invasion of privacy.

Them insisting on the phone records to carry on with the investigation doesn't make sense to me. Nothing in the phone records can substantially corroborate his claim.

If the phone records show he called his agent at 2:07am, it doesn't show where he was. He could have been at home, he could have been at the club. The phone records definitely can't put the phone call at the time NOR at the scene of the attack.

Now, if they don't believe his story, then it makes all the sense in the world for them to demand the phone records now because they are actually investigate him filing false charges. That's what I think is happening when they say the phone records are not sufficient. I think they are building a case against him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 7110
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:50 am    Post subject:

Fair enough for cops to ask for corroborating evidence even if they trusted him?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 5395

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:51 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Doesn't seem like Jussie's team has any concerns with their methods thus far.


This is an exaggerated statement. They refused to turn over their phones initially. They took 2 weeks to turn over phone records, which they heavily redacted in a pdf file (which is prone to manipulation). And now they are currently working with the police to resolve the issue. I'd say they have major concerns about turning over the phone/phone records.

At this point, the police just need to get a court order to get the records.


It's not actually. This statement was released by Smollett and his crisis management firm.

Quote:
"We are continuing to work closely with the Chicago PD and remain confident that they will find Jussie’s attackers and bring them to justice."


So again, I know it's fun to make what ifs up, but, let's just stick to the facts ma'am.


Ok. So that statement is your interpretation that there are NO concerns? Even though the police are insistent on the phone/phone records and so far, they've yet to satisfy the police?

2 weeks now and they are "closely" working with the police. That's your evidence that they are not concerned with turning over phone records?

Really? A PR statement is "facts" to you?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 5395

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:55 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Fair enough for cops to ask for corroborating evidence even if they trusted him?


They can ask, no doubt. But as far as looking for the perpetrators, it's not important. And if you're getting significant pushback from the victim like they have in this case, then they just have to move on without that info, or go get a court order.

It's been 2 weeks. They're not going to get the phone records that they want. And if they're really investigating him for filing false charges, they're going to need alot more than just the phone bill. They'll need cell tower records, etc. They probably want his phone as well to see if he's erased his phone during this time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 26348

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:58 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Doesn't seem like Jussie's team has any concerns with their methods thus far.


This is an exaggerated statement. They refused to turn over their phones initially. They took 2 weeks to turn over phone records, which they heavily redacted in a pdf file (which is prone to manipulation). And now they are currently working with the police to resolve the issue. I'd say they have major concerns about turning over the phone/phone records.

At this point, the police just need to get a court order to get the records.


It's not actually. This statement was released by Smollett and his crisis management firm.

Quote:
"We are continuing to work closely with the Chicago PD and remain confident that they will find Jussie’s attackers and bring them to justice."


So again, I know it's fun to make what ifs up, but, let's just stick to the facts ma'am.


Ok. So that statement is your interpretation that there are NO concerns? Even though the police are insistent on the phone/phone records and so far, they've yet to satisfy the police?

2 weeks now and they are "closely" working with the police. That's your evidence that they are not concerned with turning over phone records?

Really? A PR statement is "facts" to you?


There is no evidence, from either side, that the police have suspended their investigation. So let's move on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 3 of 34
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB