empire actor allegedly attacked in hate crime (all charges dropped against smollett)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:00 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
adkindo wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
adkindo wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
^ So odd. He sent over his phone records, redacted all of the people who were irrelevant to the case, and they still can’t verify he was actually talking to his manager so they can confirm the exact time of the attack?

if I am not mistaken, one issue is he sent over screen shots or faxes of a PDF file...and the manager supplied something that was basically useless. I am not sure of all the issues, but anyone with Adobe Pro can easily alter a PDF. I think they need him to give the phone carrier approval to provide the records or at least for him to download records from the carrier in their presence, and he has refused to do either.

Quote:
police publicly stated that the records Smollett and his manager provided weren’t sufficient for solving the case

Here's the weird thing. Lots of people are attacked without being on their phone. People get killed w/o being on their phone. Jussie Smollett could have easily been attacked without being on his phone. And if he wasn't on his phone, the police would have to solve the case, WITHOUT phone records.

They can go about their investigation w/o the phone records. Do your investigation, worry about the phone records later. Whether or not you get the phone records should not prevent you from looking for the perpetrators.

This investigation is not a linear progression where you must get the phone records before you can proceed to the next step.

I will just be honest about what I sense....and I will admit it is ignorant gut speculation, but I think the police feel they know if the event happened or not....and I get a sense that they actually do not think events transpired as reported by Smollett. If that is the case, the phone records will either serve as corroboration of his and the managers official statements, or prove them to be dishonest and likely end the case or the criminal investigation will then turn on Smollett and his manager.

Although I risk looking the fool if he was actually attacked by two men, but if the reports are accurate to date, there are just too many extremely weird things that lack logic to me....

- First the police continue to claim they have collected other video feeds and evidence but are not making it public. In an urban area, there are cameras everywhere, and although there may be some small blind spots....getting in an out of them without being identified would seem almost impossible to me.

- Smollett leaves the rope around his neck all the way home....has consultation with his neighbor and still has the rope on his neck when police show up.

- Smollett is viciously attacked, yet arrives home with Subway sandwich intact.

- Smollett appears to have no visual marks from the attach when in concert 2 nights later.

- Smollett gives initial police report, then later revises police report days later with more extreme claims about the words that were said to him. Would't "this is MAGA country" be something you would recall in the first report?

- The manager also revises his statement to claim he heard clear statements made while on the phone with Smollett that he had not initially claimed.

- Several days later, the neighbor suddenly recalls seeing two "rednecks" roaming the Chi town streets in the middle of the night carrying a rope around the time of the alleged attack.

- Smollett and the manager appear to be playing some level of games with the phone records per the reporting. I mean it should be very easy and simple to provide the police the information needed. I would think Smollett could easily allow his phone company to turn over records of activity within a time range.

- Since police stated they have other evidence they are not releasing, and have requested evidence of the claims......Smollett and his manager have became very quiet.

They say fact is often stranger than fiction....but that is a lot of strange.

Yeah, I agree. Here's my opinion.

Initially - when the police asked him and his manager to turn over their phones, I thought that was a bit too much invasion of privacy.

Them insisting on the phone records to carry on with the investigation doesn't make sense to me. Nothing in the phone records can substantially corroborate his claim.

If the phone records show he called his agent at 2:07am, it doesn't show where he was. He could have been at home, he could have been at the club. The phone records definitely can't put the phone call at the time NOR at the scene of the attack.

Now, if they don't believe his story, then it makes all the sense in the world for them to demand the phone records now because they are actually investigate him filing false charges. That's what I think is happening when they say the phone records are not sufficient. I think they are building a case against him.

This is possible. I have heard some grumblings that someone apparently said they would be prepared to file false report charges against Smollett if this turned out to be a hoax.

But I can't find that from any reliable source so until then, it's Twitter trash.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Doesn't seem like Jussie's team has any concerns with their methods thus far.

This is an exaggerated statement. They refused to turn over their phones initially. They took 2 weeks to turn over phone records, which they heavily redacted in a pdf file (which is prone to manipulation). And now they are currently working with the police to resolve the issue. I'd say they have major concerns about turning over the phone/phone records.

At this point, the police just need to get a court order to get the records.

It's not actually. This statement was released by Smollett and his crisis management firm.

Quote:
"We are continuing to work closely with the Chicago PD and remain confident that they will find Jussie’s attackers and bring them to justice."

So again, I know it's fun to make what ifs up, but, let's just stick to the facts ma'am.

Ok. So that statement is your interpretation that there are NO concerns? Even though the police are insistent on the phone/phone records and so far, they've yet to satisfy the police?

2 weeks now and they are "closely" working with the police. That's your evidence that they are not concerned with turning over phone records?

Really? A PR statement is "facts" to you?

There is no evidence, from either side, that the police have suspended their investigation. So let's move on.

Yeah, and their statement that the phone records were "not sufficient in solving the case" - it seems what they meant was - they're looking at Smollett at filing false charges.

But as far as looking for the perpetrators, there's nothing much they can do. The phone records had nothing to do with their trying to find the perpetrators as you claimed.

They've looked at all the video. They've seen nothing. Except for a 60 second gap which is when Smollett is claiming the attack took place. So they can already narrow it down to a 60 second gap.

The phone records will not shed any new light on who attacked him.

The phone record can only be used against him at this point. And that's why there's been significant pushback by him and his team.

Nothing in his phone records can help him locate the attackers. Nothing.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject:

If he filed a fake report lock his ass up for a couple years

Who sent the white powder to his studio
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

This is an exaggerated statement. They refused to turn over their phones initially. They took 2 weeks to turn over phone records, which they heavily redacted in a pdf file (which is prone to manipulation). And now they are currently working with the police to resolve the issue. I'd say they have major concerns about turning over the phone/phone records.

It's not actually. This statement was released by Smollett and his crisis management firm.

Quote:
"We are continuing to work closely with the Chicago PD and remain confident that they will find Jussie’s attackers and bring them to justice."

So again, I know it's fun to make what ifs up, but, let's just stick to the facts ma'am.

Ok. So that statement is your interpretation that there are NO concerns? Even though the police are insistent on the phone/phone records and so far, they've yet to satisfy the police?

2 weeks now and they are "closely" working with the police. That's your evidence that they are not concerned with turning over phone records?

There is no evidence, from either side, that the police have suspended their investigation. So let's move on.

Yeah, and their statement that the phone records were "not sufficient in solving the case" - it seems what they meant was - they're looking at Smollett at filing false charges.

But as far as looking for the perpetrators, there's nothing much they can do. The phone records had nothing to do with their trying to find the perpetrators as you claimed.

They've looked at all the video. They've seen nothing. Except for a 60 second gap which is when Smollett is claiming the attack took place. So they can already narrow it down to a 60 second gap.

The phone record can only be used against him at this point. And that's why there's been significant pushback by him and his team.

Of course they won't. Is this what you believe the phone records are for?

No wonder it makes no sense to you.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
If he filed a fake report lock his ass up for a couple years

Who sent the white powder to his studio

That's what it looks like so there's no way he's turning over his phone/phone records.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:15 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Quote:

That's the story they told him to get him to turn over his phone records. That they need it to help them find the perpetrators, which is not the case and he's refusing. Nothing in those phone records can help them find the attackers (that they can't find in some other way). This is your premise when you said they needed it to narrow down the time frame. This is false and that's probably what they told him they needed it for.

They need it to investigate him. That's what they need it for and he's not corroborating.

You even quoted "We are continuing to work closely with the Chicago PD and remain confident that they will find Jussie’s attackers and bring them to justice."

Yeah, the police aren't seeking the phone records to bring any attackers to justice. That's naive if you believe that.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:25 am    Post subject:

The only thing his phone records will disclose is if he was on his phone and with who in the time frame of the attack. I don't see why it's a issue. I believe authorities can subpoena his records from his carrier.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:26 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Quote:

That's the story they told him to get him to turn over his phone records. That they need it to help them find the perpetrators, which is not the case and he's refusing. Nothing in those phone records can help them find the attackers (that they can't find in some other way). This is your premise when you said they needed it to narrow down the time frame. This is false and that's probably what they told him they needed it for.

They need it to investigate him. That's what they need it for and he's not corroborating.

There are plenty of purposes for locking down the specific time of a crime. Not just for investigative purposes, but also, for prosecution purposes.

Maybe your theory is right, I'm not saying it isn't. I'm merely saying there is evidentiary value in obtaining the specific time of an alleged attack, particularly when the exact time of the attack isn't known.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:27 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
The only thing his phone records will disclose is if he was on his phone and with who in the time frame of the attack. I don't see why it's a issue. I believe authorities can subpoena his records from his carrier.

Don't think they can do that unless they have a warrant which means they'd need probable cause. But I'm not an attorney but pretty sure that process would take some time and so it would be a lot easier just to see the call log but he isn't being cooperative for some reason.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:29 am    Post subject:

Phone calls have a GPS coordinate with them nowadays or no?

Victim and Manager providing an opportunity for police to know the exact time and possibly place by saying they were on the phone when attack occurred

If I was a cop and you offered "Highly Valuable" information to corroborate your story
I would be thankful but it would immediately pique my interest

I just realized

Why didn't the manager call police to say his friend was being attacked

That envelope sent to fox studios.. (bleep)..if that was him??
Psych lockup 10 years federal penitentiary
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:33 am    Post subject:

Victim and Manager providing an opportunity for police to know the exact time and possibly place by saying they were on the phone when attack occurred

If I was a cop and you offered "Highly Valuable" information to corroborate your story

I just realized

All of the stuff you're talking about requires a warrant. It would take 5 mins for Smollett to say here's my call log showing my manager and I talking while being attacked at 2:18am or whatever.

The call log Smollett sent to the Chicago PD didn't show that call. Also, the manager he was supposedly talking to hasn't turned over his call log either.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:33 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
There are plenty of purposes for locking down the specific time of a crime. Not just for investigative purposes, but also, for prosecution purposes.

Maybe your theory is right, I'm not saying it isn't. I'm merely saying there is evidentiary value in obtaining the specific time of an alleged attack, particularly when the exact time of the attack isn't known.

No, from the police perspective, there are reasons.

I'm looking at it from Smollett's point of view - the reasons are not good enough for me.

1) If you are looking for a time frame - I can tell you the time frame.
2) If you don't believe what I tell you, then you are actually asking for my phone records to investigate me
3) privacy matters
4) If you're telling me that you can't go on with the investigation (i.e. looking for my attackers w/o having the phone records) I think that's BS. I think you absolutely can complete your investigation without my phone records
5) The only reason you need my phone records is if you suspect I'm lying. That would be the only reason. And I'm not giving that over to you for that purpose. I'm going to make you get a court order for that.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:35 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

I'm looking at it from Smollett's point of view - the reasons are not good enough for me.

2) If you don't believe what I tell you, then you are actually asking for my phone records to investigate me
3) privacy matters
4) If you're telling me that you can't go on with the investigation (i.e. looking for my attackers w/o having the phone records) I think that's BS. I think you absolutely can complete your investigation without my phone records
5) The only reason you need my phone records is if you suspect I'm lying. That would be the only reason. And I'm not giving that over to you for that purpose. I'm going to make you get a court order for that.

He hasn't given a specific time man. He doesn't know the exact time. He has only said it was "around" 2am which could reasonably be anything from 1am to 3am.

Sorry man, I'm done with you on this one. Not interested in going down one of your rat holes again.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:39 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

3) privacy matters

He hasn't given a specific time man. He doesn't know the exact time. He has only said it was "around" 2am which could reasonably be anything from 1am to 3am.

Sorry man, I'm done with you on this one. Not interested in going down one of your rat holes again.

Quote:
He's on camera walking down the street. There is only a 60 second gap where he is not on camera, he claims the attack just so happened to occur during that gap.

Quote:
Police have said that there is only a 60-second gap in surveillance footage between an image of Smollett with no rope around his neck and an image of him with a rope around his neck.

They can narrow it down to a 60 second gap when he goes off camera. He's saying this is exactly when the attack occurred.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:42 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Don't think they can do that unless they have a warrant which means they'd need probable cause. But I'm not an attorney but pretty sure that process would take some time and so it would be a lot easier just to see the call log but he isn't being cooperative for some reason.

If authorities suspect Jessie of lying or making a false report I believe that would be enough to ask for a warrant. As far as time goes I think there are means to fast track a warrant.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:42 am    Post subject:

Even though I listed multiple claims and events that I found to not be logical....I can kind of get around each of them except one. Maybe he dropped the sandwich before the attack an it rolled out of the way.....maybe they did not hit him in the face, neck or anywhere visual, etc. etc. That said, how do you get threatening mail with a white powder, then get attacked later in the week by having a rope placed around your neck and an unknown chemical poured on you....yet you leave the clothes on with the "unknown chemical" and the rope around your neck for what at least was likely an hour? I just think anyone that had a bleachy smelling chemical poured on them is shedding those clothes ASAP....yet dude goes to talk to his neighbor and waits for the police while leaving the rope around his neck and the potential anthrax or acid clothes on his back.

I can't wrap my hands around that.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:44 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:

If authorities suspect Jessie of lying or making a false report I believe that would be enough to ask for a warrant. As far as time goes I think there are means to fast track a warrant.

I doubt this is true, but are we sure they did not already get a warrant and have already obtained records? Trying to bait him into submitting false records to build their case?
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:44 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

I just realized

All of the stuff you're talking about requires a warrant. It would take 5 mins for Smollett to say here's my call log showing my manager and I talking while being attacked at 2:18am or whatever.

The call log Smollett sent to the Chicago PD didn't show that call. Also, the manager he was supposedly talking to hasn't turned over his call log either.

I would want justice and if all they wanted was proof they aren't being lied to
Why would I care? I offered it to them. And later put maga hats on the perps

One phone call
Two men told police they were on the phone together at the exact moment the crime occurred
All the cops really want is that time and of course to scare one of them into confessing?

Victim doing self a total disservice by witholding evidence for two weeks

Attitude towards the people he chose to help him?
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Even though I listed multiple claims and events that I found to not be logical....I can kind of get around each of them except one. Maybe he dropped the sandwich before the attack an it rolled out of the way.....maybe they did not hit him in the face, neck or anywhere visual, etc. etc. That said, how do you get threatening mail with a white powder, then get attacked later in the week by having a rope placed around your neck and an unknown chemical poured on you....yet you leave the clothes on with the "unknown chemical" and the rope around your neck for what at least was likely an hour? I just think anyone that had a bleachy smelling chemical poured on them is shedding those clothes ASAP....yet dude goes to talk to his neighbor and waits for the police while leaving the rope around his neck and the potential anthrax or acid clothes on his back.

I can't wrap my hands around that.

Multiple Personalities
Schizophrenia
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:47 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

3) privacy matters

Quote:
He's on camera walking down the street. There is only a 60 second gap where he is not on camera, he claims the attack just so happened to occur during that gap.

Quote:
Police have said that there is only a 60-second gap in surveillance footage between an image of Smollett with no rope around his neck and an image of him with a rope around his neck.

They can narrow it down to a 60 second gap when he goes off camera. He's saying this is exactly when the attack occurred.

Please provide supporting material on that claim.

My understanding of that 60 second gap, is that it is from a video showing two silhouettes of men walking on the opposite street of where Smollett said the attack occurred. Smollett is not shown in the video with the 60 second gap.

And the stills from that video were from 1:30am to 1:45am. Not around 2am. This is why locking down the time would be helpful.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:49 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:

You are wrong sir. They would need some evidence, to a degree of "probable cause", that Jussie is lying in order to obtain a warrant. Just saying "well I think so" wouldn't be sufficient as you assert.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:51 am    Post subject:

UPDATE

Quote:
9:00 AM PT -- Cops say they have identified 2 "persons of interest," and have questioned them ... but add there is no evidence they were involved in Jussie's attack. Neither has been charged with a crime.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/02/14/jussie-smollett-gma-attack-suspects-photo-video/
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:55 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

3) privacy matters

Quote:

Quote:

Please provide supporting material on that claim.

My understanding of that 60 second gap, is that it is from a video showing two silhouettes of men walking on the opposite street of where Smollett said the attack occurred. Smollett is not shown in the video with the 60 second gap.

And the stills from that video were from 1:30am to 1:45am. Not around 2am. This is why locking down the time would be helpful.

Quote:
But the cameras have traced Mr. Smollett on his entire route from Subway to his building, save for a 60 second gap in camera coverage, during which any assault would had to have taken place. Further, police have examined cameras far removed from Mr. Smollett’s route in an attempt to locate any evidence of the assailants or their vehicles anywhere in the surrounding area at the relevant time. To date (and probably forever), they have found none. Nor is there any image of anyone but Mr. Smollett emerging on either side of the 60 second gap. (The two figures that were spotted were on a different street, walking in the opposite direction at a different time, and are no longer considered “persons of interest”).

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/jussie-smollett-assault-breaks-silence-1203125967/

Quote:
Police say there are cameras everywhere in the area of Jussie’s building, but there is still a 60-second gap in the video where you don’t see Jussie. So far there’s no video of the attack.

http://www.1019online.com/2019/02/12/cops-need-jussie-smollett-to-re-submit-phone-records/

Quote:
The Chicago Police Department is not sparing any expense to find the alleged perpetrators. Chicago Police Department spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said, “We are starting to search stores to see if any of this kind of rope was purchased in the area.” The FBI is reportedly also involved. Video footage of the area is being viewed for evidence. Guglielmi said investigators would go “painstakingly” through footage to reconstruct what Smollett said happened. Two individuals have been found on video in the area about at the same time as Smollett’s alleged attack. The video is worthless for identification purposes. For some reason, authorities are interested in whether these people are “homeless or otherwise.” It has recently been reported that Smollett was on camera for all but about 60 seconds of his trip. This would make it almost impossible for the attack to take place.

https://thefederalistpapers.org/opinion/jussie-smolletts-hate-crime-story-falling-apart-almost-certainly-hoax

Quote:
Video footage does not support the claims. Police have been able to piece together Smollett’s entire jaunt to Subway, minus a 60-second gap that no security camera reached. There is no attack depicted in the available video. There is no footage of the assailants, either, aside from two guys who appear to be homeless and don’t fit the description Smollett provided.

Smollett says the attack happened in that 60-second span. That seems like an awfully short (not to mention suspiciously convenient) window for a desperate fight with two psychotic skinheads. The police say it's indeed possible that the described assault began and concluded within one minute. Possible, sure.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/43373/walsh-5-reasons-why-jussie-smollett-hate-crime-matt-walsh

They have his entire journey from Subway to his apartment on tape. What is the importance of the phone records? They have it ALL on tape (save for a 60 second gap).
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:59 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Quote:
I doubt this is true,

I don't know for sure. It something I surmise. If a judge can be convinced a warrant would aid in their investigation a warrant may be issued.
Quote:
but are we sure they did not already get a warrant and have already obtained records?

Not sure of anything. Doesn't that derail your saying you don't think a warrant can be fast tracked? I think to obtain a warrant there must be probable cause.
Quote:
Trying to bait him into submitting false records to build their case?

Wouldn't that be entrapment?

ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:13 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
They have his entire journey from Subway to his apartment on tape. What is the importance of the phone records? They have it ALL on tape (save for a 60 second gap).

If they have the entire journey EXCEPT for the 60 second gap, then they know the time the attack is alleged to have occurred.

Since Smollett was on the phone at the time of the attack, they could lineup the record of the time of that phone call to the 60 second gap.

If the time's don't sync up, then, the case can be closed and they can move on to other cases.

BTW, did you see the report where they investigated the 2 persons of interest today? So your concern that the investigation was linear is without merit and so is the concern that they have turned the investigation to Smollett. So NOW can we move on?!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 4 of 35
Jump to: