empire actor allegedly attacked in hate crime (all charges dropped against smollett)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:31 am    Post subject:

The brothers are now suing Jussie’s attorneys for defamation.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/brothers-implicated-jussie-smollett-hoax-attack-sue-empire/story?id=62573366
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:37 am    Post subject:

^^^^ And the beat goes on.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:43 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

All jussie had to do was apologize instead of throwing his friends under the bus. That is basically a snitch.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:57 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:

All jussie had to do was apologize instead of throwing his friends under the bus. That is basically a snitch.

not even that, just simply put out some generic statement of how he wants to put this incident behind him and get back to his career but no he had to double down and call them liars
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Here's what I found on google. There may be a season 6 and Smollett is in the cast. LINK

I didn't click on accept or learn more. You can scroll through the article to read it without doing so.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:06 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Here's what I found on google. There may be a season 6 and Smollett is in the cast. LINK

I didn't click on accept or learn more. You can scroll through the article to read it without doing so.

I have seen no signs of his exit. That said, the last time I looked at the shows ratings, I am shocked it was renewed.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:29 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I have seen no signs of his exit. That said, the last time I looked at the shows ratings, I am shocked it was renewed.

I am too. It's been on a continuous decline in ratings. It hasn't been renewed yet.

I think Fox11's lack of interesting shows may be the reason it may be renewed.

Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 10:56 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The good news for "Empire" fans ... the show is coming back for Season 6. The bad news for Jussie Smollett -- he's not coming back.

Fox just issued the following statement ... "By mutual agreement, the studio has negotiated an extension to Jussie Smollett's option for season 6, but at this time there are no plans for the character of Jamal to return to 'Empire.'"

Yep ... sounds weird, that Fox wants to keep Jussie hanging just in case, but that's the deal. It could be ... Fox is hedging its bets, to see what happens in the civil case in which the City of Chicago is suing the actor for the costs of the investigation. The upshot of that case -- Jussie will be tried for allegedly faking the "attack." Perhaps if he wins, Fox will reconsider.

Schmuckkets Not Returning
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 11:18 am    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Quote:
The good news for "Empire" fans ... the show is coming back for Season 6. The bad news for Jussie Smollett -- he's not coming back.

Fox just issued the following statement ... "By mutual agreement, the studio has negotiated an extension to Jussie Smollett's option for season 6, but at this time there are no plans for the character of Jamal to return to 'Empire.'"

Yep ... sounds weird, that Fox wants to keep Jussie hanging just in case, but that's the deal. It could be ... Fox is hedging its bets, to see what happens in the civil case in which the City of Chicago is suing the actor for the costs of the investigation. The upshot of that case -- Jussie will be tried for allegedly faking the "attack." Perhaps if he wins, Fox will reconsider.

Schmuckkets Not Returning

Barring the civil case going horribly wrong for him, he'll be back. Fox is just keeping things on the download until things blow over, hence the extension.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 6:45 pm    Post subject:

I won't miss Jussie. I never connected with his character. Curious as to how and if they write him out.

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 6:50 pm    Post subject:

If I was Kim Foxx, I would probably resign. She is currently fighting off subpoenas and the appointment of a special prosecutor, and I think there is already an internal investigation underway. Taking down elected officials is a team sport in Chicago, and I would not be surprised if it all kind of went away if she resigned....and I doubt she is holding onto her office either way.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Smollett wasn't in the last episode. He was on his honeymoon. It might be an extended honeymoon. Next week's the finale. I don't think he'll be in it. Last episode said one Lyon will take his last breath in the season finale. That's gotta be Jamal.

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 3:05 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Smollett wasn't in the last episode. He was on his honeymoon. It might be an extended honeymoon. Next week's the finale. I don't think he'll be in it. Last episode said one Lyon will take his last breath in the season finale. That's gotta be Jamal.

It seems like Andre is the obvious choice....which makes me think it may not be him. I was thinking if they killed off Andre, then Jamal was gone for good or an extended time....it would just be Lucious, Hakeem and Cookie....and I do not think that works at all. The whole show is about the family.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 3:17 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

It seems like Andre is the obvious choice....which makes me think it may not be him. I was thinking if they killed off Andre, then Jamal was gone for good or an extended time....it would just be Lucious, Hakeem and Cookie....and I do not think that works at all. The whole show is about the family.

I think that's something some viewers don't comprehend.

I bet my rod Jamal is the one who goes fishing. Writers closed the last installment with Andre on the floor twitching. Previews had him in a hospital bed, then a coffin segment. I think that was a teaser.

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 3:43 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I bet my rod Jamal is the one who goes fishing. Writers closed the last installment with Andre on the floor twitching. Previews had him in a hospital bed, then a coffin segment. I think that was a teaser.

first I thought about Lucious's mom (Leah Walker) or Kingsley....but neither of them have the Lyon name. Rhonda took her last breath a few seasons ago.....and Bella and Prince are too young.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 4:18 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

first I thought about Lucious's mom (Leah Walker) or Kingsley....but neither of them have the Lyon name. Rhonda took her last breath a few seasons ago.....and Bella and Prince are too young.

Smollett's been written out already. He's gotta be the one in the casket.

Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 4:26 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I think it could go either way. If Schmuckkets situation continues to be toxic, then they can just have him fall in front of a subway train in London. If his situation seems palatable, then they just off Lucious's mom in the insane asylum. Or if they really want to have fun, they can just shoot Hakeem again and get rid of the shows most boring character. When it comes to killing off one of the Lyons, it's a target rich environment. Tasha is really the only untouchable because her poor decisions are central to all the families foibles.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 9:21 am    Post subject:

Ok. I have to do the honorable thing, and stop watching this show. They not only took the weakest possible way out to close the season, they literally lied to us. They told us a Lyon would take his last breath this week.....Kingsley was never a Lyon.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 11:35 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Ok. I have to do the honorable thing, and stop watching this show. They not only took the weakest possible way out to close the season, they literally lied to us. They told us a Lyon would take his last breath this week.....Kingsley was never a Lyon.

I didn't think Andre was going to die and he needed a heart. Since Smollett was being written out I thought he might be the donor. I thought he might die in a plane crash or something. As the finale progressed Kingsley committing suicide wasn't a surprise. He was a Lyon by blood. He was the only Lyon left to be the one. Cookie lied to Lucious about sleeping with Damon Cross. Will Becky get her company off the ground and be a challenge to Empire? They didn't kill Jamal, will he return next season? Writers left enough mystery to bring some fans back.

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 11:46 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I didn't think Andre was going to die and he needed a heart. Since Smollett was being written out I thought he might be the donor. I thought he might die in a plane crash or something. As the finale progressed Kingsley committing suicide wasn't a surprise. He was a Lyon by blood. He was the only Lyon left to be the one. Cookie lied to Lucious about sleeping with Damon Cross. Will Becky get her company off the ground and be a challenge to Empire? They didn't kill Jamal, will he return next season? Writers left enough mystery to bring some fans back.

come on...they lied to us. Also, nobody is of actual "Lyon blood".....they are "Walker blood".
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 11:53 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:

come on...they lied to us. Also, nobody is of actual "Lyon blood".....they are "Walker blood".

Dwight Walker changed his name to Lucious Lyons. The name doesn't negate the blood line.

Last edited by jodeke on Fri May 10, 2019 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 12:18 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Dwight Walker is now Lucious Lyons. The name doesn't negate the blood line.

again...if they would have said that one of Lucious sons would take his last breath or something similar, fine....but they promoted a Lyon would take their last breath. Then they sold out and killed off a new character that was a son he never knew about, that had never held or was recognized as a Lyon.

Also, really? You are going to tell me that if a Hatfield started going by the name McCoy.....his offspring would have McCoy blood? pulease......
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 12:26 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Dwight Walker is now Lucious Lyons. The name doesn't negate the blood line.

again...if they would have said that one of Lucious sons would take his last breath or something similar, fine....but they promoted a Lyon would take their last breath. Then they sold out and killed off a new character that was a son he never knew about, that had never held or was recognized as a Lyon.

Also, really? You are going to tell me that if a Hatfield started going by the name McCoy.....his offspring would have McCoy blood? pulease......

Kingsley was one of Lucious's sons. He was a son from another mother.

If a Hatfield started going by the name McCoy his offspring's would have Hatfield blood. You know that, it's biological.

numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 8:35 am    Post subject:

Fox announced season 6 will be the final season of Empire.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 8:56 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Fox announced season 6 will be the final season of Empire.

They renewed it for a 6th year? That's a surprise. The ratings have been continuously declining .

Last edited by jodeke on Mon May 13, 2019 9:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 32 of 35
Jump to: