empire actor allegedly attacked in hate crime (all charges dropped against smollett)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:40 pm    Post subject:

It's not looking good for Jussie, y'all.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:49 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

Nope.

The worst part of it is that this whole thing just lends credence to the blame the possible victim first approach.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:02 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
K2 wrote:
Update:

•CBS Chicago is reporting that the two brothers have been RELEASED by police:
https://twitter.com/cbschicago/status/1096611407825719296

•Jussie Smollett has hired defense attorney Michael Monico according to a tweet by Rafer Weigel of Fox 32 Chicago
https://twitter.com/RaferWeigel/status/1096589512568844288
Quote:
High-profile #Chicago defense attorney Michael Monico let it be known he was representing #JussieSmollett on @RoeConn radio show today. Monico also represents #MichaelCohen. He's considered one of the best defense lawyers in the country.

wait, Smollett hired a defense lawyer? So he thinks he is being investigated?

If the two brothers made a deal and told the authorities about the plot or connect the fake death threat letter to Jussie, it makes sense why he would lawyer up now.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:07 am    Post subject:

I suggest jussie leave the country and not look back

This wasn't a silly prank
Doubting it is a misdemeanor

Felonies all around the board.
Even with good time he is doing 3-5

I'm confident those Giant Nigerian Men couldn't sound
White redneck if they trained for it
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:59 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Nope.

The worst part of it is that this whole thing just lends credence to the blame the possible victim first approach.

If there is any lesson learned in this, which, I will suspect no one will learn, it's not to rush to judgment. Don't blame the possible victim, don't blame the perpetrator particularly when from the get go, the facts were very, very strange and highly unusual.

That said, I still don't think there is clarity on what exactly happened here so while everyone on social media now seems to be turning on Jussie, I still think they need to put the keyboard down, breathe, and wait for the facts to come in.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:01 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
K2 wrote:
Update:

•CBS Chicago is reporting that the two brothers have been RELEASED by police:
https://twitter.com/cbschicago/status/1096611407825719296

•Jussie Smollett has hired defense attorney Michael Monico according to a tweet by Rafer Weigel of Fox 32 Chicago
https://twitter.com/RaferWeigel/status/1096589512568844288
Quote:
High-profile #Chicago defense attorney Michael Monico let it be known he was representing #JussieSmollett on @RoeConn radio show today. Monico also represents #MichaelCohen. He's considered one of the best defense lawyers in the country.

wait, Smollett hired a defense lawyer? So he thinks he is being investigated?

If the two brothers made a deal and told the authorities about the plot or connect the fake death threat letter to Jussie, it makes sense why he would lawyer up now.

True. But even if Jussie wasn't involved in this, with all of the attention being turn on Jussie now, it would also make sense for him to protect himself. It can work both ways.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject:

I've searched for reasons as to why Jussie would fabricate an attack. I can't come up with a reasonable one. I don't see where he has anything to gain. Not being privy to all information his hiring a lawyer puzzling. True Detective 4.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Nope.

or it could lend credence for us to get back to allegations are simply that....claims by one party against another....and we should wait for the facts before we reach any conclusion. An allegation without evidence to support it simply can't be considered very credible for anyone that does not directly know the parties involved.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:49 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I've searched for reasons Jussie would fabricate an attack. I can't come up with a reasonable one. I don't see where he has anything to gain. Not being privy to all information his hiring a lawyer puzzling. True Detective 4.

I tend to agree with you...any publicity would almost certainly only produce very short term benefits.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:58 am    Post subject:

JUSSIE SMOLLETT
'Suspects' Lawyer ...
MY CLIENTS HAVE KEY EVIDENCE

Quote:
Attorney Gloria Schmidt was at the Chicago police station Friday night, after her clients, Ola and Abel Osundairo, were released from custody. Schmidt said the "new evidence" that triggered the release of her clients was something they knew and presumably told cops.

Quote:
And, something else interesting ... she wouldn't answer why her clients went to Nigeria the day of the alleged attack, but added it was a "great question."

She said she didn't want to speak for her clients because they had a story to tell "when the time is right." That clearly sounds like they have inside information about what went down at Jussie's apartment building.

LINK
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:07 pm    Post subject:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/information-jussie-smollett-investigation-change-story-police/story?id=61117628&cid=social_twitter_abcn

Quote:
After interrogating and releasing two men seen in surveillance video near the scene of the alleged attack on “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett, Chicago police are saying that the new information they have “could change the story entirely.”
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:00 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Nope.

False allegations cost legitimate victims in the end.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Looks like this slow moving trainwreck is coming to a conclusion soon.
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/chicago-detectives-eager-speak-jussie-smollett-information-emerges-000511951--abc-news-topstories.html
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:53 pm    Post subject:

^Thanks for the link. That's one heckuva trainwreck.

Quote:
Olabinjo and Abimbola Osundairo agreed to cooperate with authorities after detectives confronted them with evidence that they bought the rope -- allegedly used in an attack that Smollett described to police as laced with racial and homophobic slurs -- at a local hardware store, sources said.

Detectives have now shifted the investigation to determining whether Smollett made up the entire story, sources said.

After initially considered persons of interest, the brothers were detained and become potential suspects, police said. When they were threatened with to be charged with battery and hate crimes, they agreed to work with detectives, the sources said.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:03 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the investigation tell CNN that Chicago Police believe actor Jussie Smollet paid two men to orchestrate an assault on him that he reported late last month.

The men, who are brothers, were arrested Wednesday but released without charges Friday after Chicago police cited the discovery of "new evidence."

Paid to Scam
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:38 pm    Post subject:

it began to be pretty clear the last few days this was the direction this was heading.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:34 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
it began to be pretty clear the last few days this was the direction this was heading.

Yeah. This isn’t looking good for Jussie. Also doesn’t look good for the folks and media who just jumped all over this without letting the evidence come in.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:37 pm    Post subject:

I would still like to know why if any of this is true.

I mean, it seemed planned then, right? So that rules out some kind of other thing he did and then scrambled to cover it up.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:52 pm    Post subject:

There had been an earlier report that Smollett had retained Michael Monico as his attorney [Link], but this latest article includes a statement from his (new?) current attorneys Victor P. Henderson and Todd S. Pugh:

https://deadline.com/2019/02/jussie-smollett-attack-suspect-lawyers-lie-statement-chicago-police-empire-1202559103/

Quote:
“As a victim of a hate crime who has cooperated with the police investigation, Jussie Smollett is angered and devastated by recent reports that the perpetrators are individuals he is familiar with. He has now been further victimized by claims attributed to these alleged perpetrators that Jussie played a role in his own attack. Nothing is further from the truth and anyone claiming otherwise is lying.

“One of these purported suspects was Jussie’s personal trainer who he hired to ready him physically for a music video. It is impossible to believe that this person could have played a role in the crime against Jussie or would falsely claim Jussie’s complicity.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:19 pm    Post subject:

lol! what a mother (bleep) scumbag

try getting through his statement from 2 weeks ago without vomiting

Quote:
“Let me start by saying that I’m OK. My body is strong but my soul is stronger. More importantly I want to say thank you. The outpouring of love and support from my village has meant more than I will ever be able to truly put into words.

I am working with authorities and have been 100% factual and consistent on every level. Despite my frustrations and deep concern with certain inaccuracies and misrepresentations that have been spread, I still believe that justice will be served.

As my family stated, these types of cowardly attacks are happening to my sisters, brothers and non-gender conforming siblings daily. I am not and should not be looked upon as an isolated incident. We will talk soon and I will address all details of this horrific incident, but I need a moment to process. Most importantly, during times of trauma, grief and pain, there is still a responsibility to lead with love. It’s all I know. And that can’t be kicked out of me.”

“With Love, respect & honor…Jussie.”

Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:11 pm    Post subject:

This is so bizarre.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:36 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Jussie Smollett paid two brothers to stage an attack against him, directed them to buy items used in the alleged assault and actually rehearsed it with them, sources say.

Sources say at least one of the brothers bought the rope used in the incident at Smollett’s request. The sources also say the “Empire” actor paid for the rope, which was purchased at the Crafty Beaver Hardware Store in the Ravenswood neighborhood the weekend of Jan. 25.

The brothers, who were questioned by police this week before being released, were paid $3,500 before leaving for Nigeria and were promised an additional $500 upon their return.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/02/16/sources-brothers-released-bought-rope-used-in-jussie-smollett-attack/
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:34 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I've searched for reasons as to why Jussie would fabricate an attack. I can't come up with a reasonable one. I don't see where he has anything to gain. Not being privy to all information his hiring a lawyer puzzling. True Detective 4.

its a common human instinct to desire all the attention and sympathy that comes from being a victim of such an unprovoked offense (but obviously without having to deal with the actual pain and suffering from that offense)
but for him to go out his way to pay people stage something like this is an extra level of crazy
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:56 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
jodeke wrote:

its a common human instinct to desire all the attention and sympathy that comes from being a victim of such an unprovoked offense (but obviously without having to deal with the actual pain and suffering from that offense)
but for him to go out his way to pay people stage something like this is an extra level of crazy

He needed to manufacture victimhood so badly that he outsourced the labor to Nigeria.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:22 am    Post subject:

He allowed his hatred for Trump go grow to the point he needed to release it attack him and this was his way.

You'll see
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 8 of 35
Jump to: