empire actor allegedly attacked in hate crime (all charges dropped against smollett)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:24 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
He allowed his hatred for Trump go grow to the point he needed to release it attack him and this was his way.

You'll see

Yeah it's Trump's fault now I've heard it all.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:53 am    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
He allowed his hatred for Trump go grow to the point he needed to release it attack him and this was his way.

You'll see

How much have you read about the actor?

Here's one you can chew on
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/kansas-man-sentenced-to-life-in-prison-for-2017-shooting-that-targeted-indian-men

Trump screaming to get rid of immigrants
BAN all humans from certain countries
Hate Iran

If you're a "Leader" you know what inciteful rhetoric is and how to use it
And you have a desired outcome

VERY FINE PEOPLE

Did it bother you he praised the KKK and white supremacists.. prolly not
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:10 am    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:

You'll see

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/kansas-man-sentenced-to-life-in-prison-for-2017-shooting-that-targeted-indian-men

Hate Iran

VERY FINE PEOPLE

That's right double down.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:41 am    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

You'll see

Hate Iran

VERY FINE PEOPLE

That's right double down.

I am not saying I think it is acceptable of him
But I believe it was a big part of it.. why else try to frame MAGA Country people?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:36 am    Post subject:

This is why I always say....leave crime to the real criminals....they have usually been caught enough that they have more perfected their craft. This thing was pure amateur....like most crimes committed by people who do not normally commit crimes.

I am usually full of unsolicited advice to celebrity's on a message board....but I am not sure what this guy does now. I am not sure how he will ever get this stain off of him in the public eye. The best thing going for him is the criminal justice system has a long history of being lenient on false claim reports when no specific individual is targeted because they are often seen as victim-less crimes.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:30 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
This is why I always say....leave crime to the real criminals....they have usually been caught enough that they have more perfected their craft. This thing was pure amateur....like most crimes committed by people who do not normally commit crimes.

I am usually full of unsolicited advice to celebrity's on a message board....but I am not sure what this guy does now. I am not sure how he will ever get this stain off of him in the public eye. The best thing going for him is the criminal justice system has a long history of being lenient on false claim reports when no specific individual is targeted because they are often seen as victim-less crimes.

I must have missed it. When was Smollett's attack claim proven to be false?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:00 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:

It hasn’t. But it also hasn’t proven to be true.

I’m still willing to give Jussie some benefit of the doubt here. A motive, if it was a hoax, hasn’t been mentioned yet.

It’s still possible the two Nigerian brothers attacked him, and are now blaming it on him as the orchestrator.

There’s nothing wrong in waiting to see here. You’re not a racist if you want to see the evidence come in first. Right now, we have a claim. Two weeks ago we had a claim too.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:

You are correct, I should have made the statement from an "if true" perspective. I definitely would advocate everyone including myself hold final judgement until all of the facts are made known. That said, there is going to be something big needed for much of this to be logical. Again, at the very basis of his claim is two white men attacked him....and these two brothers would not be mistaken for white.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I’m still willing to give Jussie some benefit of the doubt here. A motive, if it was a hoax, hasn’t been mentioned yet.

It’s still possible the two Nigerian brothers attacked him, and are now blaming it on him as the orchestrator.

There’s nothing wrong in waiting to see here. You’re not a racist if you want to see the evidence come in first. Right now, we have a claim. Two weeks ago we had a claim too.

QFT

Tiny bit left that they were hired by someone other than Jussie but that is pretty small

Just didn't bizarre

Saw headline that he denies their story.
Or maybe it was denies hoax.

Gonna get stranger

Digital world
They can compile evidence linking them if it exists
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:18 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Jussie's allegation of a hate crime has been tossed into the court of public opinion. Even if proven to be true there will be a stain on his career. Reading media to date leans to him fabricating the attack. Those leanings will most likely stay with those who believe them even if debunked.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:26 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:

You are correct, I should have made the statement from an "if true" perspective. I definitely would advocate everyone including myself hold final judgement until all of the facts are made known. That said, there is going to be something big needed for much of this to be logical. Again, at the very basis of his claim is two white men attacked him....and these two brothers would not be mistaken for white.

I'm in a wait and see mode.

LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:27 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

About as possible as him mistaking the 2 Nigerian brothers as white men
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:50 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

That's according to which media report you choose to believe.

LINK

Quote:
The report added that the "primary aggressor" wore a mask, while both alleged attackers were dressed in black. The aggressors hit Smollett "about the face with their hands," according to the report. Smollett did not notice any distinguishing features to either of his alleged aggressors, nor where they went after the attack

LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:10 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

LINK

Quote:
The report added that the "primary aggressor" wore a mask, while both alleged attackers were dressed in black. The aggressors hit Smollett "about the face with their hands," according to the report. Smollett did not notice any distinguishing features to either of his alleged aggressors, nor where they went after the attack

No, these are not opinions from the media.

Smollett has changed his story.

The link you provided was "according to the initial Chicago police incident report"

But also:

Quote:
Smollett, 36, who is gay, has said his attackers were white and that his story would not have been doubted if an attacker had been "a Muslim, or a Mexican, or someone black". He stated that they had punched and kicked him, abused him with homophobic epithets and shouted: "This is MAGA country."

So, there's no need to choose which media report to believe. One is referring to the initial police report, another is referring to what Smollett has actually said later afterwards.

This is what he told Good Morning America

Quote:
"That says a lot about the place we are in our country right now." @JussieSmollett tells @RobinRoberts if his attackers were of a different race other than white, he feels he would have been more supported. https://gma.abc/2X3c8Tx

http://time.com/5529421/jussie-smollett-attack-interview/

Last edited by LongBeachPoly on Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:22 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

LINK

Quote:

The link you provided was "according to the initial Chicago police incident report"

But also:

Quote:
Smollett, 36, who is gay, has said his attackers were white and that his story would not have been doubted if an attacker had been "a Muslim, or a Mexican, or someone black". He stated that they had punched and kicked him, abused him with homophobic epithets and shouted: "This is MAGA country."

So, there's no need to choose which media report to believe. One is referring to the initial police report, another is referring to what Smollett has actually said later afterwards.

Differing reports. Others following are also contradictory. I'll wait until the entire investigation is submitted before I decision.

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:25 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

LINK

Quote:

But also:

Quote:

Differing reports. Others following also are contradictory. I'll wait for the entire investigation is submitted before I decision.

But the contradictions are coming from HIM. It's not a media creation.

It's what he told the police in the report. That's what they put down. Then, it's what he told Good Morning America later.

All HIS words.

Watch the GMA interview: http://time.com/5529421/jussie-smollett-attack-interview/

"If I had said, it was a Muslim, or a Mexican, or someone Black, I feel like the doubters would have supported me much more."

Those are HIS words, coming straight from his mouth. Not a media creation or a media report. All they did was give him a microphone and a camera.

Last edited by LongBeachPoly on Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:27 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

LINK

Quote:

But also:

Quote:

Differing reports. Others following also are contradictory. I'll wait for the entire investigation is submitted before I decision.

It's what he told the police in the report. That's what they put down. Then, it's what he told Good Morning America later.

All HIS words.

I'll wait till all is in. That's what I mean by the court of public opinion having a affect. Media.

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:29 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

LINK

Quote:

But also:

Quote:

All HIS words.

I'll wait till all is in. That;s what I mean by the court of public opinion having a affect.

You can wait, but the fact that the 2 Nigerian brothers contradicting his own statements that the attackers were white, that part you don't have to wait on.

That part is clearly a contradiction in his story.

It'll be hard to explain that one. But somehow, he's got to explain it.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:32 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

LINK

Quote:

But also:

Quote:

All HIS words.

I'll wait till all is in. That;s what I mean by the court of public opinion having a affect.

You can wait, but the fact that the 2 Nigerian brothers contradicting his own statements that the attackers were white, that part you don't have to wait on.

OK I'll wait. It seems as though you've already made up your mind.

LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:35 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

LINK

Quote:

But also:

Quote:

All HIS words.

OK I'll wait. It seems as though you've already made up your mind.

You can wait. But don't blame it on the media reports being contradictory. You don't have to wait on that.

It's Smollett who's been contradictory. There's no mistake about that.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:35 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

The lesson learned here should be its ok to wait and see. I, unlike the media and our politicians and our keyboard warriors, am willing to be ok with wait and see.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:37 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

The lesson learned here should be its ok to wait and see. I, unlike the media and our politicians and our keyboard warriors, am willing to be ok with wait and see.

That's cool. I think no one here work for the police or are potential jurors so in the end, our opinions have no effect.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:40 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:

Quote:
You can wait. But don't blame it on the media reports being contradictory. You don't have to wait on that.

I'll wait. As I said, it seems as though you've made up your mind. You're entitled to your choice to believe as I am to mine.

LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:46 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:

Quote:

I'll wait. As I said, it seems as though you've made up your mind. You're entitled to your prerogative as I am to mine.

No doubt. But I'm saying your initial statement was that there are contradicting media reports.

And I'm saying - no, that is incorrect.

There have been contradictions coming from Smollett, not the media report. The link you provided came from the initial police report. The link I provided came from an interview with Smollett.

Those contradictions are not media fabrications. They are contradictions because Smollett made contradictory statements, first to the police in the initial report and then to GMA in the taped interview.

So, no need to blame the media.

jodeke wrote:
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:52 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:

Quote:

I'll wait. As I said, it seems as though you've made up your mind. You're entitled to your prerogative as I am to mine.

No doubt. But I'm saying your initial statement was that there are contradicting media reports.

And I'm saying - no, that is incorrect.

There have been contradictions coming from Smollett, not the media report. The link you provided came from the initial police report. The link I provided came from an interview with Smollett.

Those contradictions are not media fabrications. They are contradictions because Smollett made contradictory statements, first to the police in the initial report and then to GMA in the taped interview.

So, no need to blame the media.

jodeke wrote:

Ooooootay!!!

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 9 of 35
Jump to: