empire actor allegedly attacked in hate crime (all charges dropped against smollett)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 9:21 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Fox announced season 6 will be the final season of Empire.

Suge Knight gets out of prison....suspends Lucious upside down over the side of the Empire building until Cookie signs over the Empire catalog to Death Row Records.....The Lyon family returns to poverty, but realize they are happier poor than when they were wealthy.
Order of preference for the draft pick @ #4: 1.) R.J. Barrett 2.) Darius Garland 3.) Cam Reddish 4.) Jarrett Culver
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 9:01 am    Post subject:

It makes sense now why they picked up Smollett's option for season 6 instead of just releasing him outright. Articles are saying there no plans to bring him back but I expect he'll be back at some point to bring some closure to the series.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 9:11 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
It makes sense now why they picked up Smollett's option for season 6 instead of just releasing him outright. Articles are saying there no plans to bring him back but I expect he'll be back at some point to bring some closure to the series.

he will be back beyond any unforeseen events between now and then in my opinion. It may not be the first few episodes, but my guess is he is back at least for the home stretch of episodes.
Order of preference for the draft pick @ #4: 1.) R.J. Barrett 2.) Darius Garland 3.) Cam Reddish 4.) Jarrett Culver
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 10:30 am    Post subject:

Curious as to why Smollett's option was picked up? From what I've read there are no plans to include him in the series. I wonder what the option guarantees include? Are they contractually obligated?

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Judge orders records in Smollett court case be unsealed and made public.

LINK

It looks like Smollett and his attorneys press tour proclaiming his innocence after his charges were dropped came back to bite them.

Quote:
Smollett, however, immediately held a press conference and professed his innocence, saying, "I've been truthful and consistent on every single level since day one. I would not be my mother's son if I was capable of one drop of what I was accused of."

Smollett's attorneys also did multiple national TV interviews characterizing the decision to drop the charges as evidence of his innocence.

The actor's attorneys argued in court on May 16 that the records in the case should remain sealed to maintain Smollett's right to privacy.

"These are not the actions of a person seeking to maintain his privacy or simply be let alone," Watkins wrote in his ruling, referring to the media blitz Smollett and his attorneys went on in the wake of the charges being dismissed.

"While the court appreciates that the defendant was in the public eye before the events that precipitated this case, it was not necessary for him to address this so publicly and to such an extent," Watkins wrote. "By doing so, the Court cannot credit his privacy interest as good cause to keep the case records sealed."

ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:42 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:

LINK

It looks like Smollett and his attorneys press tour proclaiming his innocence after his charges were dropped came back to bite them.

Quote:
Smollett, however, immediately held a press conference and professed his innocence, saying, "I've been truthful and consistent on every single level since day one. I would not be my mother's son if I was capable of one drop of what I was accused of."

Smollett's attorneys also did multiple national TV interviews characterizing the decision to drop the charges as evidence of his innocence.

The actor's attorneys argued in court on May 16 that the records in the case should remain sealed to maintain Smollett's right to privacy.

"These are not the actions of a person seeking to maintain his privacy or simply be let alone," Watkins wrote in his ruling, referring to the media blitz Smollett and his attorneys went on in the wake of the charges being dismissed.

"While the court appreciates that the defendant was in the public eye before the events that precipitated this case, it was not necessary for him to address this so publicly and to such an extent," Watkins wrote. "By doing so, the Court cannot credit his privacy interest as good cause to keep the case records sealed."

This should be interesting. When they say unseal records -- what information exactly would they be unsealing, does anyone know? Like, interview transcripts and stuff like that?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 5:08 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

LINK

Quote:

This should be interesting. When they say unseal records -- what information exactly would they be unsealing, does anyone know? Like, interview transcripts and stuff like that?

that is my understanding...everything from interview transcripts, internal communication, notes, images....anything and everything that was cataloged during the investigation.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33
Page 33 of 33
Jump to: