Scott Hall aka Razor Ramon dead at age 63.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:55 pm    Post subject: Scott Hall aka Razor Ramon dead at age 63.

https://www.tmz.com/2022/03/14/wwe-legend-scott-hall-dead-63/
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:58 pm    Post subject:

I was in the middle of making the post myself but you beat me to it.

Yeah, I admit I grew up on pro wrestling. It was a staple on weekends in our house. RIP, he was one of my favorites.

Last edited by jonnybravo on Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:31 pm    Post subject:

he was special.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:49 pm    Post subject:

yo chico
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:58 pm    Post subject:

got to see andre and Jim dugan go at it in McArthur Court back in like 1987-88 iirc That 2x4 was dwarfed by Andres hands
Sheephearders
George The Animal Steele
Macho Man Randy Savage vs The Ultimate Warrior

I read a bit on this guy today and how much he went through in life. Terrible PTSD over shooting a man who attempted to rob him with a gun

I cannot remember him and think he came after those years..

Rest in Peace
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:12 pm    Post subject:

I was a pro wrestling fan growing up with 3 brothers and now my kid is a fan.

I was maybe 10 or 11 when Razor Ramon was wrestling for the then WWF in the early 90's.

He's had a hell of a life, ups and downs and everything in between.

But he was a big part of a lot of people's childhood. And for those memories, I say thank you, Scott Hall, and RIP bad guy.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:58 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
got to see andre and Jim dugan go at it in McArthur Court back in like 1987-88 iirc That 2x4 was dwarfed by Andres hands
Sheephearders
George The Animal Steele

I read a bit on this guy today and how much he went through in life. Terrible PTSD over shooting a man who attempted to rob him with a gun

Rest in Peace

I went to one in San Berdoo in 89, iirc. Must've been at the Orange Show. Hulkster mooned everyone by pullin down The Genius' trunks in the back (only, thankfully). He ran to the dressing room in sheer pretend mortification. Genius was the rebranded heel formerly known as Leapin Lanny Poffo, he used to throw frisbees to the fans. Savage's brother. Only other thing I can recall was Demolition vs Road Warriors and they let the Wariers win. That's when I learned belt holders weren't dethroned lest it was televised, but by then, I knew pro wrestling was fugazi. My apologies to any of you who still believe.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

(bleep)

RIP

I loved him when I was a kid. Best gimmick and damned good actor. (bleep)

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:01 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

Yeah, I admit I grew up on pro wrestling. It was a staple on weekends in our house. RIP, he was one of my favorites.

That list of Xers who didn't watch WWF as kids is a short'n. Character era was yuge. The Goonies R Good Enough, jb.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:19 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Sheephearders
George The Animal Steele

Rest in Peace

I went to one in San Berdoo in 89, iirc. Must've been at the Orange Show. Hulkster mooned everyone by pullin down The Genius' trunks in the back (only, thankfully). He ran to the dressing room in sheer pretend mortification. Genius was the rebranded heel formerly known as Leapin Lanny Poffo, he used to throw frisbees to the fans. Savage's brother. Only other thing I can recall was Demolition vs Road Warriors and they let the Wariers win. That's when I learned belt holders weren't dethroned lest it was televised, but by then, I knew pro wrestling was fugazi. My apologies to any of you who still believe.

Bro I have not thought of the Genius in decades. Man memories..

When did Demolition and the Road Warriors have a tussle? I forget..were they ever in the same organization at the same time?
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:43 pm    Post subject:

(bleep), Scott Hall was a favorite of mine. He had had a great gimmick and had that cool, cocky charisma. He was like a predecessor to The Rock before the Attitude era. A true pioneer in my book, Chico. The ladder match at WM vs HBK will always be one of the all time classics. RIP to a real one
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:48 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
(bleep), Scott Hall was a favorite of mine. He had had a great gimmick and had that cool, cocky charisma. He was like a predecessor to The Rock before the Attitude era. A true pioneer in my book, Chico. The ladder match at WM vs HBK will always be one of the all time classics. RIP to a real one

1000%!!!!!

When Razor and Diesel joined the WWF, that was the first change in the direction of the company from the peak Hogan days. The move to the attitude era wasn't sudden, it happened gradually and Razor Ramon was instrumental in it.

So good.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:13 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

That list of Xers who didn't watch WWF as kids is a short'n. Character era was yuge. The Goonies R Good Enough, jb.

Wish I could say that this was me recording this but yeah, this was me at multiple times in the mid-late 80s.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:19 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:

His ring entrance theme music was awesome. Those WWE ladder matches with Shawn Michaels are legendary. No way WCW became as popular as it did without Scott Hall.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:05 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Bad times don’t last, but bad guys do

RIP
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:13 am    Post subject:

Razor on Jerry Springer, thrilling an 11 year old girl who has AIDS.

he was my favorite superstar of all time, by far

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:48 am    Post subject:

I was shocked when I heard about how his medical issues happened. It has been nearly a decade (it does not seem that long ago), but I use to cross paths with him routinely in the area at bars North of Orlando. I actually never met him or had a conversation with him but it was so common to see him that people did not even really acknowledge him being there. I had not seen him in a while, and was told that he picked up a lot of "no trespass" orders at more popular establishments. I never saw anything, but I guess he would become a problem after heavy consumption......then soon after I noticed he was in the news being arrested multiple times at small dive bars mostly. I assume he moved out of the area or just control of his drinking issues because I had not heard anything positive or negative about him locally for several years.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:12 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Sheephearders
George The Animal Steele

Rest in Peace

When did Demolition and the Road Warriors have a tussle? I forget..were they ever in the same organization at the same time?

My memory could be off, there, too. It was in 89 or 90. Could've been the Brain Busters, but I know fer sure the Ax and the Smasher got the L and they continued onto the next televised show w/ the belts, Remember the Rougeau bros? Terrible heels. More annoying than Honky Tonk Man.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:19 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Sheephearders
George The Animal Steele

Rest in Peace

My memory could be off, there, too. It was in 89 or 90. Could've been the Brain Busters, but I know fer sure the Ax and the Smasher got the L and they continued onto the next televised show w/ the belts, Remember the Rougeau bros? Terrible heels. More annoying than Honky Tonk Man.

Yeah I remember them. Their theme song was totally Oingo Boingo.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Hey Yo.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:28 pm    Post subject:

This brings me back to the days of Super Nintendo. And arcades. I enjoyed playing the WWF games.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: