Drake's Paid Alleged Rape Victim $350K To Keep Quiet?

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Black20Ice
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 781

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:22 pm    Post subject: Drake's Paid Alleged Rape Victim $350K To Keep Quiet?

Quote:
The legal documents describe the ongoing negotiation of the settlement amount, to be paid by Drake to Morris, between the two parties.

Specifically, a July 2018 meeting is described in NYC where she claims an offer was formally made, but her attorney's advised her to decline by saying, "it’s not a good enough offer and to not accept the first offer."

Laquana then alleges she was blindsided by Drake after the hip-hop star filed a lawsuit against her for civil extortion, emotional distress, fraud, defamation, and abuse of process.

In the suit, Drake claimed he and the Instagram model hooked up at his hotel after a concert, where the two had consensual sex. Specifically, "Layla also voluntarily and seemingly happily performed oral sex."

https://i.postimg.cc/15X9wrZ5/Drake.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/MZd6nrNF/Drake2.jpg



https://theblast.com/c/drake-private-settlement-alleged-sexual-assault-laquana-morris-attorney-complaint
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 48558
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:51 pm    Post subject:

If you have skeletons it's best to fly under the radar.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 36819
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:39 pm    Post subject:

or it could be to make a false allegation go away?
_________________
Rondo / Bradley / Caruso / Cook
Green / KCP / Daniels / Horton-Tucker
James /
Davis / Kuzma / Dudley
Cousins / McGee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 48558
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:22 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
or it could be to make a false allegation go away?

Paying makes him look guilty.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Mar 2012
Posts: 17765

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:00 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:
or it could be to make a false allegation go away?

Paying makes him look guilty.


I like the way Charles Barkley put it: Settle! I settle every time because as a black man I have no faith in the American justice system. Not putting my fate in the hands of 12 white jurors.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Moses
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 7992
Location: London

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:59 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:
or it could be to make a false allegation go away?

Paying makes him look guilty.


I like the way Charles Barkley put it: Settle! I settle every time because as a black man I have no faith in the American justice system. Not putting my fate in the hands of 12 white jurors.


So sad that this is the world we live in.
_________________
Even The Genius Has His Questions, Be Grateful For Blessings...
Lakers, Chargers, Dodgers, Tide

RIP Junior Seau
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 43587
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:56 pm    Post subject:

It's unfortunate that when people of wealth are accused of assault or rape, there is a certain group of people who always assume it's a shakedown . . . it's always about doubting the apparent victim.

And people wonder why women are hesitant to report when they are assaulted or raped.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 36819
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:45 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:
or it could be to make a false allegation go away?

Paying makes him look guilty.


to some....but alone it does not prove he is guilty.
_________________
Rondo / Bradley / Caruso / Cook
Green / KCP / Daniels / Horton-Tucker
James /
Davis / Kuzma / Dudley
Cousins / McGee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 43587
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:04 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:
or it could be to make a false allegation go away?

Paying makes him look guilty.


to some....but alone it does not prove he is guilty.


There's a vast difference between following the concept of innocent until proven guilty in a court of law and asserting that the apparent victim is making it up for financial gain.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 36819
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:57 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:
or it could be to make a false allegation go away?

Paying makes him look guilty.


to some....but alone it does not prove he is guilty.


There's a vast difference between following the concept of innocent until proven guilty in a court of law and asserting that the apparent victim is making it up for financial gain.


I did not assert anything.....I simply pointed out a possible motive for his actions. Are you "asserting" that it is not possible that could be a motive for the payment?
_________________
Rondo / Bradley / Caruso / Cook
Green / KCP / Daniels / Horton-Tucker
James /
Davis / Kuzma / Dudley
Cousins / McGee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 43587
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:21 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:
or it could be to make a false allegation go away?

Paying makes him look guilty.


to some....but alone it does not prove he is guilty.


There's a vast difference between following the concept of innocent until proven guilty in a court of law and asserting that the apparent victim is making it up for financial gain.


I did not assert anything.....I simply pointed out a possible motive for his actions. Are you "asserting" that it is not possible that could be a motive for the payment?


I'm simply saying that comments such as yours are one of the many reasons victims of sexual assault are frequently hesitant to even come forward. It's the only crime where the victim is routinely doubted - "she's just trying to extort money", "She was asking for it. Look at how she dressed", "She shouldn't have gotten drunk" or "it was totally consensual. She just is bitter that it turned out to be a one night stand" . . . and on and on.

No one looks at someone whose house burned to the ground and says, "They probably started the fire themselves for the insurance money". Or if someone is killed during a mugging, people don't routinely blame the victim for forcing the mugger to kill them by not acting quickly enough. Of course that has occurred in the past, but it's not an instant fallback response the way victim blaming with sexual assault is for far too many people.

Simply making the speculation is unfair, unreasonable and quite frankly (bleep) up and the attitude behind it leads to far too many victims remaining quiet. Support the victims until there is unquestionable reason to do otherwise.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Aug 2017
Posts: 4572

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:44 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
or it could be to make a false allegation go away?


Seems way more likely. Extortion attempt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 36819
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:16 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
adkindo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:
or it could be to make a false allegation go away?

Paying makes him look guilty.


to some....but alone it does not prove he is guilty.


There's a vast difference between following the concept of innocent until proven guilty in a court of law and asserting that the apparent victim is making it up for financial gain.


I did not assert anything.....I simply pointed out a possible motive for his actions. Are you "asserting" that it is not possible that could be a motive for the payment?


I'm simply saying that comments such as yours are one of the many reasons victims of sexual assault are frequently hesitant to even come forward. It's the only crime where the victim is routinely doubted - "she's just trying to extort money", "She was asking for it. Look at how she dressed", "She shouldn't have gotten drunk" or "it was totally consensual. She just is bitter that it turned out to be a one night stand" . . . and on and on.

No one looks at someone whose house burned to the ground and says, "They probably started the fire themselves for the insurance money". Or if someone is killed during a mugging, people don't routinely blame the victim for forcing the mugger to kill them by not acting quickly enough. Of course that has occurred in the past, but it's not an instant fallback response the way victim blaming with sexual assault is for far too many people.

Simply making the speculation is unfair, unreasonable and quite frankly (bleep) up and the attitude behind it leads to far too many victims remaining quiet. Support the victims until there is unquestionable reason to do otherwise.


I disagree with your entire view. In today's environment...celebrities are undoubtedly a target....and from the outside, I think mature skepticism on both parties is warranted in these claims without evidence to suggest otherwise.....and no, I will not consider someone guilty until there is unquestionable reason to suggest otherwise. That is the problem....there are two parties when there is a claim made, and without any knowledge beyond the claim, I find it ridiculous to automatically assume either party is being truthful or at fault.
_________________
Rondo / Bradley / Caruso / Cook
Green / KCP / Daniels / Horton-Tucker
James /
Davis / Kuzma / Dudley
Cousins / McGee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 43587
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:06 pm    Post subject:

^^

And there in lies the problem. This pervasive attitude that exists amongst a select portion of society that the victim is likely the perpetrator of the wrong doing for personal gain.

Obviously I agree that everyone is innocent until proven guilty, which is why I pointed that out already.

But you continue to exhibit the very problem that helps continue the cycle - the instant assumption that the victim is making it up.

I haven't even remotely denied that false accusations have occurred. I've simply noted the social problems associated with perpetuating the second guessing of apparent sexual assault victims.

The number of women making up sexual assault is minuscule compared to the reality that sexual assault is far more common than some would like to admit.
Like I said, there's a vast difference between not assuming guilt and assigning the victim as the perpetrator. Yet for some bizarre reason that's where some people want to go. And feel free if that's your thing. Just own the hill and defend it if you insist. Just don't pretend it's a hill worth dying on.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB