Pregnant woman saves husband, kills one of two home intruders with AR-15
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:13 pm    Post subject: Pregnant woman saves husband, kills one of two home intruders with AR-15

Quote:

November 4th 2019

LITHIA, Fla. (WZTV) -- A pregnant Florida mother killed one of two suspects during a home invasion with an AR-15 according to the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office and local media reports.

According to the department, the home invasion took place last Wednesday night. Crews responded to the scene where they found one of the suspects dead in a ditch near the home.

Based on the preliminary investigation, the suspects entered the home and began beating the woman's husband, pistol-whipping him. The woman then retrieved the firearm, firing a round that hit the suspect and ultimately killed him.

Speaking with Bay News 9 in Tampa, the husband says the men came in and beat him while grabbing at his 11-year-old daughter. The 8-months pregnant wife retreated to the bedroom, grabbed the rifle and opened fire.

The man credits his wife with saving his life, saying she "evened the playing field" by using the weapon against their handguns and "kept them from killing me."

https://wjla.com/news/nation-world/pregnant-woman-saves-husband-kills-one-of-two-home-intruders-with-ar-15

Quote:
After the woman fired one shot from the family's AR-15-style rifle, both men fled and the mortally wounded robber collapsed in a drainage ditch outside where he died, according to deputies and her husband.

“Them guys came in with two normal pistols and my AR stopped it,” King told Bay News 9. “(My wife) evened the playing field and kept them from killing me."

King suffered a fractured eye socket, a fractured sinus cavity and a concussion to go along with 20 stitches from the attack.

The husband, whose 11-year-old daughter was at home during the home invasion, said he and wife did not know their attackers.

“We also know this was not a random act," Losat said. "This family was probably targeted.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/home-invader-fatally-shot-florida-pregnant-woman-ar-15-n1076026
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:59 pm    Post subject:

I love hearing about criminal scum earning their justice

here's another one from a few days ago

https://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-resident-grabs-shotgun-shoots-kills-home-invaders/story?id=67899837
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:03 pm    Post subject:

^^^
How do you feel when the "criminal scum" turns out to be a family member:

https://katv.com/news/local/arkadelphia-man-accidentally-shoots-son-after-mistaking-him-for-intruder
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:09 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
^^^

https://katv.com/news/local/arkadelphia-man-accidentally-shoots-son-after-mistaking-him-for-intruder

awful
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Pregnant woman saves husband, kills one of two home intruders with AR-15

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Quote:

November 4th 2019

LITHIA, Fla. (WZTV) -- A pregnant Florida mother killed one of two suspects during a home invasion with an AR-15 according to the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office and local media reports.

According to the department, the home invasion took place last Wednesday night. Crews responded to the scene where they found one of the suspects dead in a ditch near the home.

Based on the preliminary investigation, the suspects entered the home and began beating the woman's husband, pistol-whipping him. The woman then retrieved the firearm, firing a round that hit the suspect and ultimately killed him.

Speaking with Bay News 9 in Tampa, the husband says the men came in and beat him while grabbing at his 11-year-old daughter. The 8-months pregnant wife retreated to the bedroom, grabbed the rifle and opened fire.

The man credits his wife with saving his life, saying she "evened the playing field" by using the weapon against their handguns and "kept them from killing me."

https://wjla.com/news/nation-world/pregnant-woman-saves-husband-kills-one-of-two-home-intruders-with-ar-15

Quote:
After the woman fired one shot from the family's AR-15-style rifle, both men fled and the mortally wounded robber collapsed in a drainage ditch outside where he died, according to deputies and her husband.

“Them guys came in with two normal pistols and my AR stopped it,” King told Bay News 9. “(My wife) evened the playing field and kept them from killing me."

King suffered a fractured eye socket, a fractured sinus cavity and a concussion to go along with 20 stitches from the attack.

The husband, whose 11-year-old daughter was at home during the home invasion, said he and wife did not know their attackers.

“We also know this was not a random act," Losat said. "This family was probably targeted.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/home-invader-fatally-shot-florida-pregnant-woman-ar-15-n1076026

rarely hear about these especially if its with an AR15.

doesn't fit the MSM narrative.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:50 pm    Post subject:

very quick thinking by the wife. I would have to assume she was comfortable handling the firearm and has fired that weapon many times in the past.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:04 pm    Post subject:

The government should issue every American citizen an AR-15 after this news!
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:15 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
very quick thinking by the wife. I would have to assume she was comfortable handling the firearm and has fired that weapon many times in the past.

Not necessarily. An ar 15 is easy as (bleep) to shoot.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:

BVH 2020
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Not necessarily. An ar 15 is easy as (bleep) to shoot.

I was more insinuating mindset. As someone who does not handle firearms very often (almost never), I think I reach for the handgun....and that is if I think quickly enough to seek a firearm. I would think if you were not comfortable with an AR-15, it would be an intimidating option. I guess there is a chance the AR-15 was the only firearm in the house, but that seems unlikely.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
^^^

awful

Heh. Give him that one, Muley.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:12 pm    Post subject:

He touts the AR15 like it was the only possible difference maker. Sure, the perps brought "normal pistols" to an Armalite fight, but anything could've happened, first off. She could've gotten shot by a fleeing perp just the same. Every possible outcome can and has happened in these situations over the years. Nothing is for certain (see Tommy Lee Jones' "beeves" tale in No Country For Old Men).

An AR15 is not a shield like he quite possibly believes. She would've outgunned them with a pump action shotgun loaded with shells just as easily and they would've fled just as fast when they heard it being racked. Sounds like the typical AR15 lover who wants to portray the gun as something that isn't too inherently dangerous to be normalized. Reminds me of pitbull lovers. AR15s are war weapons regardless of their claims that it isn't technically a machine gun because if fires once per trigger pull.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:30 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:

BVH 2020

ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:31 am    Post subject:

That someone was able to protect their home and family is a good thing, and having available a regulated semi-automatic weapon, whether cool Rambo looking military style or not, should not be discouraged for home protection.

But, since this not only broaches the touchy subject of guns, but also gun control, how many shots did she need? Did she need a 250 round magazine to fire off the one shot? Would she have been unable to fire her weapon and protect her family had we had universal gun registration?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:46 am    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

BVH 2020

I've finally found my calling. Thanks, folks! Let me just set up this Super PAC over here...
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:25 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
That someone was able to protect their home and family is a good thing, and having available a regulated semi-automatic weapon, whether cool Rambo looking military style or not, should not be discouraged for home protection.

But, since this not only broaches the touchy subject of guns, but also gun control, how many shots did she need? Did she need a 250 round magazine to fire off the one shot? Would she have been unable to fire her weapon and protect her family had we had universal gun registration?

this thread is destined for the political thread.

home protection is not why we have a 2nd amendment.
forget about 250 rounds.. you can't have anything more than 10 in california.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:30 am    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
ribeye wrote:

where did the 250 rounds come from, I did not see anything in the article insinuating she had a extra large magazine?
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:52 am    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
ribeye wrote:

That is was (destined for political discussion) with the very first post.

Whatever was the purpose of the 2nd, and I don't think Heller nailed it, I would suspect that the framers never thought that protecting one's home would need to be spelled out, as this would have been such an obvious right--and therefore, protected under the 9th amendment, if nothing else. But, it really matters little as most Americans continue to agree that home protection with a reasonable firearm should be legal.

As for the number of rounds, Cali is among 9 states (and DC) with a restriction. As best as I can tell, 41 states do not have such a restriction.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:01 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:
ribeye wrote:

where did the 250 rounds come from, I did not see anything in the article insinuating she had a extra large magazine?

made up by people who know absolutely nothing about guns.

imagine how heavy that would be. there's 100 and 150.. and those are ridiculously heavy.

2A is all about the free state. which with more gov't control the less free we are.

they're considering confiscating property in the name of climate change. https://www.thenation.com/article/california-fires-urban-planning/?utm_medium=socialflow&utm_source=twitter
shnxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Hm I wonder what these criminals looked like...
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
imagine how heavy that would be. there's 100 and 150.. and those are ridiculously heavy.

that is something I have never considered, but a small box of 20 or 40 .223 rounds has some weight to it....12+ of those 20 round boxes would be heavy.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:52 pm    Post subject:

Should be like China, the scum's family should get a bill for the bullet used to kill the scumbag.

I have lots of friends, normal everyday folk, who have AR-15's, most of them have several, with at least one locked and loaded, ready to go. I have a few firearms, but nothing like a AR-15.

I totally believe in the second amendment, but I don't believe it is the right to basically own and operate military grade weapons in our modern era.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:06 pm    Post subject:

If I were the woman (or her husband), I would've rather taken a baseball bat and struck the robbers in the head many times than simply kill him with one shot.

That would've been much more satisfying for me, and the robber would've had to feel massive, brutal pain rather than be put out of his misery by getting killed.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:38 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
If I were the woman (or her husband), I would've rather taken a baseball bat and struck the robbers in the head many times than simply kill him with one shot.

That would've been much more satisfying for me, and the robber would've had to feel massive, brutal pain rather than be put out of his misery by getting killed.

That "many times" part could land you in jail
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:54 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
slavavov wrote:

That "many times" part could land you in jail

Unless you are killed by one of their handguns
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: